Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2002, 05:40 PM   #81
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Treebeard

hrmmm, hoom, hasty? who is being hasty??

i'm kinda trying to stay ahead of silly WhiskersofTrousers (BeardofPants)in # of posts, he got on a month after me and already has almost as many posts as i do! i do think i will slow down a bit, tho.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:12 AM   #82
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

You began a month after ME and I have to practically live on the entmoot to stay ahead of you. Not to mention Eruviel who started around the same time as me and who nearly has dubble number of posts. Besides it's not the quantity that counts, it's the quality (or the excuse of the slow poster)
Old 04-03-2002, 10:53 AM   #83
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Are you implying that my posts lack in quality?

I love the elven armor!!!!!!

Just though I'd mention that, this being the costume thread...

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:26 PM   #84
Earniel

Who? Me? Naaaah wouldn't dare to write your posts of as non-quality. I'm just a little miffed at the speed with which you post them. Like Eruviel, the fastest poster in the West or East or Middle Earth or....., aarg I'm lost!

Has any one ever considered designing your own Middle Earth costume or armour? (this is out of natural curiousity not out of desperately trying to stick to the thread)
Old 04-03-2002, 02:04 PM   #85
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Oh, no, you would never insult the quality of my posts, would you But I admit, I do have quite a few pointless ones! Eruviel, fastest poster in Middle-earth, I like it-maybe I should ask to have my title changed. . .

I've never thought about designing my own thing, but now that you mention it, I want to! I think I'll try that this summer. ..

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 11:51 PM   #86
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

well, since we arte all staying on topic so well here, just lemme add a bit, okey dokie?

i love jhonen vasquez's artwork more than i love the movie (read movie) lord of the rings!

invader zim might be a kids show, but in the background are hidden things that make it wrth your while, like meanwhiles, and jhonen special appearances, allong with cameos by other editors and writers, or some of jhonen's characters, like johnny the homicidal maniac, or squee! or the hellfans and jhonen himself!

woo hoo

ok.. now to be on topic, i found another thing that i like about all the costumes.... well at least the elven ones anyway.
they all look elven.
hard to imagine i know, but face it, in some movies, they did a less than minimum job on accuracy and how they fit and look.
like a dinosaur is being played by a little kid in a business siut, ok not THAT extreme, but sometimes it feels that way..

by the way, i am MIFFED that LOTR:FOTR didn't win best costumes. the award went to moulin rouge. i mean i liked that movie, old people singing nirvana like that was great, but all they had to do was go to victoria's secret! pretty lingerie and 1800 men's siuts aren't that hard. think of all the work that went in to LOTR, and the making of theirs..
wowow, im reambling, this tells me i need sleep, ok, no morea caffenee for me. this is really bad, now i don't know how to stop this, i just keep staring at my computer keyboard and im prolly making hundreds of mistakes but i can't ......look... away.. man!
Old 04-06-2002, 03:19 AM   #87
Earniel

Quote:
Posted by LuthienTinuviel ok.. now to be on topic, i found another thing that i like about all the costumes.... well at least the elven ones anyway. they all look elven.
Really? Sorry it just sounded so funny. As much as I liked the elven constumes they weren't what I was hoping for. I was hoping of a little more medieval dresses. But that might just be because I like medieval dresses.

Quote:
Posted by LuthienTinuviel by the way, i am MIFFED that LOTR:FOTR didn't win best costumes. the award went to moulin rouge. i mean i liked that movie, old people singing nirvana like that was great, but all they had to do was go to victoria's secret! pretty lingerie and 1800 men's siuts aren't that hard.
Well, what do you want? It's a mans' world....
Old 06-26-2002, 06:50 PM   #88
Halley_Brandybuck
Elven Warrior

For those planning on making the Lorien cloaks

in the what prop would you like and the costuming threads, people were saying that they wanted the Loriend cloaks

if you know how to sew, or know someon who does, then you can!

www.simplicity.com/assets/9452/9452.pdf

click that! it's an Adobe Acrobat file of the back of the pattern envelope

the cape that you could use (A) has got a ruffle at the top of the hood but with a bit of adjustment, (not using the ribbon tie thing and simply hemming it) will make it work pretty good

as far as the brooch, they're for sale at the New Line store until July 15 so go get one now while you can!

I haven't been to a fabric store in a long time so if anyone can suggest any fabric that could possibly be used, i'd appreciate it!

one more thing... grey or green? I'd say grey

I am in search of an MPEG version of the trailer... if anyone finds one, let me know!

Do not meddle in the affairs of females for they are PMS-ing and quick to batter.

"He fears you Aragorn, and what you may become"

Two Towers in 6 months!
Halley_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:07 PM   #89
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Definitely grey. Do you think I would be crazy wearing it to the TT movie? I had been planning to wear the ring.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:46 PM   #90
LuthienTinuviel

im making the cloak, dark forest greenwith brownish , and wearing it
im making my version of nenya, and a brooch in jewlery class, fu nfun fun
im so wearing it to the movie in december
i might just even have to use the cloak for a winter coat, eh?
Old 07-08-2002, 06:14 PM   #91
LuthienTinuviel

actually, the movie cloaks kind of wrap around to make the hood and to stay up on or over your shoulders. ... but the idea for the simplicity on eis good too if i can't find anything else, thanky!
Old 07-08-2002, 11:52 PM   #92
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I found a website that has tons of stuff on LotR costumes, makeup, hair, etc. and it also has directions to make elf ears. They have done a TON of research on all the costumes, down to the beading patterns of elf dresses! Check it out, it's really amazing!
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 10:16 PM   #93
LuthienTinuviel

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ive figured out a simple pattern for a lorien cloak. i was sitting at the cash machine at work tonight and it clicked in my head! i'll post it up soon
Old 07-10-2002, 10:13 PM   #94
mirrille
Elven Warrior

That is a great website. There's also a link to a page that reviews commercial patterns and tips on how to make them more historically accurate. A bit of a skew towards Renaissance wear, but there's some fantasy stuff too. If I only had money for fabric and time to sew. I have lots of ideas now though.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:57 PM   #95
LuthienTinuviel

ok i want a list of what everyone is making, where your going to wear it, details, and when you get a chance, put a pic up too!

moi:
an arwenish dress made from blue embroidered fabric
a lorien cloak (still debating weather or not to put a hood on the gol dern thing)
my version of nenya
not the same brooch, but still a really elvish looking leaf pinny for the cloak
a dollar store tiara put on upside down to look like a fore head thing
pointed ear tips form nu products

im wearing this to the renn. festival and halloween (i hand out candy anyways) the movie TTT and later on RotK. and if the dress looks nice enough (if i don't screw up) i'll just wear the dressy part for all the fam's x-mas parties

i'll get a pic up soon, this is going to be so cool!
Old 07-15-2002, 09:14 PM   #96
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Does anyone know where I could find a replica of one of the headband-like thingies some of the elves (i.e.- Galadriel) wear in the movie? I've been looking, but I can't find one.

(reposting from my previously closed thread, thank's Luthien and CBG for pointing this out)
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:23 PM   #97
LuthienTinuviel

and for the sake of keeping this all in one easy to access place, i will repeat myself (as if anyone cares, but hey, im bored)

no ive been wondering that too. i was going to take a dollar store tiara and take wire cutters to it so it's bobbypinable to my hair to hang down like a forehead thingy. this might be good in the clothes thread, (it uesd to be costumes, but hey, my name used to have a space in it! who knows anymore!! )
Old 08-01-2002, 11:42 AM   #98
LuthienTinuviel

http://www.geocities.com/i_miss_you_...pagestars.html

i just my elf ear tips from nu products, they are a little differnt than what i wanted, but with some toothpick s and spirit gum, im set.. click on the link to go see them.

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 08-01-2002 at 11:43 AM.
LuthienTinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote