Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2002, 08:16 AM   #81
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Running through the Trollhaw-woods...

Trees, grass, rocks and dirt were flying by as the elven army, led by Loriel and Elrond, ran through the woods of the Trollhaws. Elrond felt the blood pumping in his vains, he truly loved his home, and if Rivendell would fall, then so would he. Therefor he did not calm down totaly after the sound they had heard from Rivendell; after all, it was unfamilliar... he ran in deep thoughts and didn't notice where they ran, or that Loriel had just stoped in front of him. He ran right into her. "ouch!" Both of them fell to the ground and Elrond noticed that they had just passed the forest and were right now at the shore of the river. They both staggered back to their feet; and that was when Elrond noticed the same thing as every other elf in the army already had noticed, the why Loriel had suddenly stoped. It was the powerful voice of an Istar!
The voice led through the ground and through the air, and they were all terrified by its mighty strenght. (*I will not write those words for the third time*) Suddenly an explotion of green-white light filled the sky all over Rivendell, and to them it looked like fireworks, only of a nearly blinding sort. They had to raise their arms infront of their eyes because of the sticking light. Seconds later a powerfull and magical sound and then a terrible shacking of the ground followed; and as Elrond, Loriel and the rest of the elves once again could raise their heads and look towards where the light had exploded, they now could see a huge tornado tossing screaming orsc into the sky.

"Hahaha!" Elrond smiled releafed. "Texol... dear old, wise Texol; he who can control the wind. This truly brings happieness to my heart."
-------
- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 02-27-2002 at 08:20 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 11:29 AM   #82
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Strider

Theneal looked up and joined into the song that soared out from among the elves and seemed to enchant the woods. The trees seemed to bend closer, listening, and the hills, rocks and stones. It turned on the wind and drifted ahead of them, towards the three running forms ahead, and they slowed their pace (Though they were already exhausted) in confusion.

"Come back to us, we are friends! Come back to us, let your troubles disappear! We live in the wood, open hill and plain, leap on the magic grass under the golden sun! We fly in the morning along guided trails, to your country, far away, to protect it as we can! Come back to us, we who've seen the Golden City, in Valinor all is good, in the land of plenty!"

The tune continued in many verses, though Theneal dropped out of the song near the beginning, motioning to Arat-Falathion and Arat-Curion. These three hurriedly moved through the trees ahead of the others, but so silently that unsuspecting hobbits wouldn't no they were there before they were upon them.

"I guessed rightly," Theneal said after only two minutes of travel, and he pointed to the hobbits ahead. "The music distracted them just enough."

He then stepped into the light, followed by the others and raised his hand. "Peace be upon you. We are friends, and have come to help you."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 07:10 PM   #83
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Loriel and the army of Elves arrived at Rivendell. It looked like a huge wasteland. Fires were burning here and there. Bodies were everywhere. Loriel stood in the gateway, Elrond beside her, and all was silent. The Elves in the city were standing bewildered (the laughing had long since ceased). Only one lone figure stood in the center of the mess. "Texol" whispered Loriel.

BTW: I think Elrond should be just a random character that the people around him can control (like sharing control of him)

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 11:27 AM   #84
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Texol had walked down from the wall again after he had released the tornado. The sight of Rivendell in terror brought sorrow to his heart. As he felt grass under his feet again, he saw Elrond and a beautiful elven woman coming running up from the west, followed by many elves. They approached him and he approached them.

"So you came, though as you see, a little late." Elrond nodded to Texols words. "I came as quickly as I could. The Shire has been attacked, wasted. Just like Rivendell would've been, if it wasn't for your great magical skills." Elrond smiled, though Texol did not. "I don't think this was the last attack. We must bring together some people to a counsil, I think I know of an item which might have something to do with this new evil. Are Arat-Cúrion still with you?" Elrond shook his head. "No, they went into the forest to find possible survivors in Hobbiton, they should be here shortly though." Texol nodded. "Well, we should not leave untill they have arrived; Elrond, gather your most skilled men and bring them to our meeting, I have a mather of great importance to discuss."

OOC: I do agree with you Nariel Starshine, and that has always been my opinion as well. I do not wish to have total control of Elrond, nor Gandalf. These should be freely usable of anyone who wish to...
And let us all pray for a new post from Thrain of the Shire and the hobbits, so that we can get on to Rivendell
----
- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 03-03-2002 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:14 PM   #85
Thrain
Enting

Hey everyone I'm knew tell me if I do anything wrong.

Thrain was chasing the evil.
He had just come back form a hunting trip with his friends in Dale when he heard screams and shots on the wind. He looked back to the lonely mountain. He still remebered how the smoke and fire had entangled the mountain. A secret attack of orcs had destroyed everything there. His wife and children. EVERYTHING.
Thrain was chasing the evil.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:41 AM   #86
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

The gathering for a meeting...

Elrond turned around and asked Loriel if she would join the meeting. Then he bowed after she answerd (what you'll answer is up to you Nariel Starshine). He continued over to a man still standing on the citywalls, still holding the great war horn raised. "Would you join the counsil, Drelin?" (Your call Aragorn)Elrond bowed after he answerd. Then he continued to Mer-Aislynn; smiling he asked her to join, then bowed after she aswered. Beside her was Beoren standing, and Elrond asked him as well. (This would be your call Michelle the Fair)

Now he walked over to where Texol was standing again, and those who had agreed to come to the meeting followed. They walked to the council where Elrond once before had discussed a matter of great importance; but that was a long time ago...

----
OOC: First of all I must welcome Thrain as Thrain to the game. Now we have two Thrain players in the game, though one of them is living in the Shire I must tell you though Thrain of Lonely Mountains: You must have read through the saga till this point before you post, to prevent missunderstandings and to get you "in" the story. It is great though that we now have another Dwarf in the game, still if you are half dwarf

This rpg is getting long now, but yet we have not started the "real" mission behind the whole thing... stay tuned people!

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-08-2002, 03:12 PM   #87
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Loriel followed Elrond to the Council. It was one of the few areas of Rivendell not affected by the battle. She sat to the left of Elrond, in a seat which, though she knew this not, had once held Legolas Greenleaf, son of Thranduil.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-08-2002, 04:36 PM   #88
Thrain
Enting

Hey Littledude87 think I could save your character.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:45 PM   #89
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Though she was tired from the long battle, she felt it was important that she be present at this meeting. "I will join you my lord" replied Mer-Aislynn. "I will join you as well my lord," agreed Beoren. Mer-Aislynn followed Elrond to the Council. As she walked with the others she looked slow about at what had once been the most beautiful valley in all of Middle-Earth. She saw the scorched remains of the trees she had play in as a child. Tears fell from her eyes when she saw the lifeless body of Alcarcalimo, her childhood playmate and long time friend, being carried into his home. As she passed a great wailing was heard from within. She said a silent farewell to her friend.(Tenna' ento lye omento, mellonamin: Until next we meet, my friend.)

She took a seat next to Beoren on right of Elrond. She waited silently for the other to take their seats.

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 12:54 PM   #90
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content

OOC: Great thing you are coming to the council Nariel and Michelle, I'll wait a few days more though before I post, in hope that Aragorn will come back and post.

So we have 2 wanted people in this game now, meaning, 2 players who need to reply in order to let the game continue as it should; Thrain of the Shire and Aragorn.
I guess we could make the council without Aragorn though. 2 days, then I'll post further on.

Let's cross our fingers for a quick post from these guys! and ofcurse we are all crossing our fingers for other players who haven't posted for a while as well...

For the players down in the Fangorn/Rohan/Isengard area (being Laurelyn/Oleander, Mirkwood/Gogon and Lysander (I guess). If wanted I could continue to play Gandalf (for a short while), he was heading for Isengard as Texol left him and went to Rivendell, and I guess Gandalf should be in Isengard by now...

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 03-12-2002 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:41 PM   #91
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
OOC:

I thought I was running in the direction away from Rohan . . . with Lorien at my back and i Hithaeglir to my left . . . oh well!
So far as I'm concerned, be Gandalf and have fun with it. I don't mind at all.
Also, sorry my posts as Oleander are few and far between . . . they take a while to write and re-writre untill I'm happy with them. I'll try and hurry up with my next one.

Oh . . . and I just noticed . . . Narmacil means flame-sword in Quenya, doesn't it?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 11:55 AM   #92
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content

OOC:
Laurelyn: ok so you are running away from Rohan my mistake. If you hurry up, then maybe you can reach the council in time, before the meeting begin, or before it is finished
It takes time to write a good text, and I guess most of us have had that experience... When I write my long texts it takes ages..
...and yes Nârmacil means flamesword in quenya Cool, isn't it!

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-16-2002, 08:42 AM   #93
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:

OOC: As I said, I will post further on the story today. It has been over 2 weeks since Aragorn even posted on Entmoot and a longer time since Thrain of the Shire posted his last here; so I guess there are some Real Life issues going on there Jaja, that's the life of online RPGing like this, and we should all respect peoples RL. I will bring further the council with Texol and the rest, and I was thinking of playing Gandalf, as we need to get something going on down in the south, south-east as well... I'll start working asap!

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 03-16-2002 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2002, 09:30 AM   #94
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Bringing the story back a day or two...

Gandalf looked up at the sky. To the west, the sky was blue. To the south, blue. To the North, blue with a few white clouds here and there. But in the east he saw terrible black clouds gathering closer and closer over Isengard. The men that were left with him, after Texol went to Rivendell with the elves and dwarfs, were also looking to the east; making faces that revealed fear and terror.

"We better get on going, proud men of Rohan and Gondor!" Gandalf said with a raised voice. "As you all see, the shadow and darkness is growing deeper and deeper in the east, and I have no doubt that your king and land needs you more then ever right now."

A cry was suddenly heard a few feet to the left of where Gandalf was standing.

"Don't worry my son. I will protect you as I can. And don't spill any tears; be strong and proud like your father. Be a man!" A longhaired and tall man was wispering to the young boy he held in his arms, around 15 years of age. He was crying; painfully scared of the terror that soon would be upon them. The young boy kept on whining, and his father were seemingly confused; he had learnt that men don't cry. "Stop that childish crying right now!" the father shouted. "You disgrace me among our men when you are crying like this!"
This made the young boy stagger his tears a little atleast, although he was still gasping for air now and then, fighting the tears back.

"Even the proudest men cry when he see times like these my friend" Gandalf was suddenly standing between the son and his father, holding one hand on each one's shoulder. "Because those who don't, have no heart; those who have no heart, belong to the darkness" Gandalf turned around to the masses of men and raised his hands and his voice. "And therefor I say to you all: we should all cry! Do not use your strenght on holding your tears, you will all need to spare what strength can be spared!"
And so like a door opening, all the men began to cry and let loose all the fear and sorrow they had been fighting within their heart to not reveal. And after a while they all felt it like a burden was taken from them, and they felt much lighter at heart.

And so Gandalf and the men began to walk towards Isengard; to fight the darkness and bring their peace...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: I will bring the story here further on shortly. I need to know:
ElfOfMirkwood: are you still in the game? If you are, then Gandalf might rescue you. If you are not, then he will probably find you dead... so please reply as soon as you can

Lysander: If you are still ready for play, then Gandalf and the men might cross your way (assuming that you live in the Rohan/Gondor area)...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-18-2002, 09:17 AM   #95
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

A meeting and the start of a journey...

Texol was already sitting in a large chair as the others began to come. First came Elrond, who sat down on a chair on the other side of the council of where Texol were sitting. Then Mer Aislynn sat down on the right of Elrond and Beoren to the right of her. Loriel sat down on the left of Elrond and a Dwarf, named Turin, sat to her left.

As they all was sitting confortabely, Texol rised.

"Thank you all for coming here on such short notice. The darkness is rising fast, but I did not understand how fast, untill I heard of the attack on Rivendell. Do not forget that this land was not attacked once by the evil during the 3rd age because of it's strength, but now the attack nearly crushed this wonderful elven land. We all know that the loss of the Three Rings have made this lands magic weaker, and therefor it is easier for the enemy to attack now then it was at the time when Sauron was seeking his ring." Elrond noded to these words.

"But as you all know, the reason for the evil to suddenly arise like this must be of something that it is seeking. I drew a parallell to Sauron to get to this matter. Sauron rised as soon as he heard of the appearance of his ring. He knew that if he could wield his ring, then nothing could stop him. What if the cause is the same this time?" Texol paused, and a low wispering began to spread between the gathered people.

Elrond looked up at Texol. "And what would this specific item be then? The rings lost their power after the One Ring was destroied. There is not known of any other such item to whield the same amount power as the One Ring."

Texol noded. "That is right, just as you said. There is not "known" of any items like the One Ring, but what if there was made one item secretly? No history books would tell of it, and we could by no means know of it."

The dwarf rised quickly and muttered. "Then what would this specific item be then? You should know, who seem to have it all figured already!"

"I am not sure, I only speculate. At the Grey Havens I noticed something that made me think. An elf there had a sword, a beautiful sword. But what came as a shock to me was that Gandalf hadn't heard of this sword, nor Elrond. There is something about this sword. There is great power hidden within it. This is why Gandalf and I decided to go to Gondor to seek information of the sword in the archives in Minas Tirith. But as we saw Isengard in the horizon we were suddenly informed about the attack of Rivendell. Gandalf told me to come here and help you, he would go to Minas Tirith himself." Elrond raised and bowed before he said: "And that we can not thank you enough for, my friend!"

Texol smiled back at Elrond, then he said: "Well, my mission really goes beyond helping Rivendell fighting orcs. I am heading for the ruins of Angband. As we all know, when the Valar attacked Angband in the early age, they did not destroy it totaly, and they did not seek into the greatest deeps. What I am hoping for is to find information there that can help to reveal what this new evil is. Angband is, after all, the first fortress where evil was bred." Everyone stired now at Texol. They knew of this place, and they feared it more then death itself.

"As most of you might already have guessed. I am here to ask you to follow me. I can not do this alone, and going into the unknowing deep would lead to a safe death for us all, and however we need what army is left to protect our homes. I was hoping to gather a small group of people. We'll go silently into the deeps, find what we are looking for, and get out again without anyone knowing we were there..."

The people at the council was looking at each other without speaking a word. A terrible silence, and Texol waited...
- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 03-18-2002 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 02:46 PM   #96
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

No one answered the wizard's request; everyone was silent. Loriel looked at the dwarf next to her, who appeared ready to bit someone's head off. Finally she stood. "I will go. The unknown depths frighten all but I know that even death is a sacrifice I am prepared to make if the result is the survival of my people."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-20-2002, 01:24 AM   #97
Michelle The Fair
Enting

When Texol mentioned the possiblity of exsitenceof an item as powerful as Sauron's ring, she was a bit frightened. She had long know the tales of the War of the Ring.

Mer-Aislynn looked up as the Dwarf, Turin, jumped from his seat. "Then what would this specific item be then? You should know, you seem to have it all figured already!" In response Texol's said he was not sure. He then went on to describe a beautiful sword that an Elf had with him, when they arrived at the Grey Havens. Mer-Aislynn wondered who this elf was and how he had come by this strange sword.

At the mention of Angband, Mer-Aislynn cringed as did others. She knew of that fell place and feared it as nothing else. Texol mission was to go into Angband's dark depths and find information on the sword. He wanted others to go with him. She thought,'This is my chance to see places outside of the valley.'

All were silent. Loriel finally stood and agreed to go. Texol nodded. Mer-Aislynn looked at Beoren, he seemed deep in thought. She stood slowly, "I will go as well my lord. But, I will tell you, I have never left this valley." She bowed saying, "I will do my best" Texol gave her a knowing glance. Could it be he knew of her speical gift? With that she sat, still Beoren was silent. Mer-Aislynn wondered why he was thus.

Last edited by Michelle The Fair : 03-20-2002 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-23-2002, 07:34 PM   #98
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content...

OOC: I am sorry that this is going a little slow at the moment, I guess I could continue, but I was hoping for the "lost men" to return... I'll post my next during the coming week though

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-24-2002, 12:10 AM   #99
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

*Perhaps you or I should post for Thrain of the Shire?*
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:07 PM   #100
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Beoren finally stood upand slow said,"I will go with." "Very good," replied Elrond.

A dark cloud hung over Beoren as he took his seat. Unlike the others he feared the dark caverns of Angband. For it was foretold at his birth that he would go into dark places never to see the sun again. He felt surely his death lied in the shadows of the Iron Hills.

But, he knew he must go to watch over Mer-Aislynn. She was so young and knew little of the outside world.