Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 12:27 AM   #81
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, I keep getting Celeborn on the first one, and Frodo on the second one.... now, how can I link them together? *muses to herself*
Old 04-03-2002, 12:33 AM   #82
Jadera
Elven Warrior

Strider

I'm bipolar! Augh!!

On the first site I got Eowyn. Did it again and got Arwen. Did it again and got Sam. Did it again and got Pippin. (when I said I'd use the ring to gain power )
Second site: I got Aragorn!
Boy....got to stop....I'm turning into a hobbit-elf-ranger.

~Chivalry isn't dead, it just transferred to women~
Old 04-03-2002, 04:56 AM   #83
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
You incorrigible dirty b*stard! *Smashes mirror with an axe*
*Notes that Anduril is coming down with pnuemonia....*
Aha!! That's seven years of bad luck for you BoP! *Cough*

Anyway, while BeardofPants wasn't looking (after recieving shards of glass in her eyeballs (from her own actions notwithstanding)), I, Anduril Undomiel, manifested a hooded cloak (using the magical power that I have only in the movie...).

In a sweep of wrath, Anduril Undomiel uncloaks himself.

"I have taken the second test."

All Entmooters look upon Anduril Undomiel as if he had a newfound nobility, reminiscent on the sea-kings of old...

"I. AM. DUNEDAN!!"

Now Anduril Undomiel Dunedan knows that no-one can touch him. Except, maybe Luthien...
Old 04-04-2002, 03:59 AM   #84
BeardofPants
the Shrike

CHINK! CHINK! CHINK!

*Swings icepick into Andurils protective layer of crap*

CCC-RRRAACKK!

Anduril is once again unprotected...

heh heh heh.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:54 AM   #85
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Anduril is unperturbed, although he wonders why anyone would swing an icepick into crap...

BeardofPants may think that Anduril was covered in crap, but she was, as usual, horribly mistaken. For Anduril was rightly covered in Nestle chocolate.

When is BoP going to learn that neither she, nor anyone else existing in these here parts, can take on the Anduril. The problem is, Anduril is just too damn wise. I mean, c'mon!!

The wisedom of the Anduril, is like infinity. Thus it is infinite. Take it to heart.

Don't fight it. You know you can't win. You're just pushing aside the truth. Come to your senses, woman!

As the endorphins are released, a new mind is born in that which is Anduril: Oh_Wise_One.

Those reading the utterings of Anduril_aka_Oh_Wise_One will be flabergasted at the seeming uncontrolability of the depth of such incredibly wise speech.

Henceforth I leave you know to ponder, and in doing so, become a better person. Because at the moment, you all suck.

One last thing:

All your base are belong to us!
Old 04-04-2002, 02:36 PM   #86
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The great god Anduril the oh-so wise seem to have smoked a tad too much of the Halfling leaf.....
Old 04-04-2002, 02:48 PM   #87
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
The great god Anduril the oh-so wise seem to have smoked a tad too much of the Halfling leaf.....
Am I allowed to agree with that?
Old 04-04-2002, 03:05 PM   #88
Earniel

By all means, be my guest
Old 04-04-2002, 03:13 PM   #89
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
That's Oh_Wise_One, not "oh-so wise". Who do you think you are, anyway? Did I say that such insolence was allowed in mine presence? I must have, surely...
Quote:
Am I allowed to agree with that?
Dare thou shake the very foundations of ea? Hast thou not consumed thine medication of late? Blessed are those who bow down before my throne.

Henceforth, thou shalt refrain from thinking damn silly thoughts.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:36 PM   #90
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I Got Arwen!?!?!?!
If I said I had a beard (does stubble count?) then I got Aragorn. Thats more like it
Old 04-04-2002, 04:19 PM   #91
Earniel

Gollum

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
That's Oh_Wise_One, not "oh-so wise". Who do you think you are, anyway? Did I say that such insolence was allowed in mine presence? I must have, surely...
Thousand times forgiveness, Oh_Thinker_of_Silly_Thoughts, er...um.... I mean Oh_Wise_One. I am *drumsroffel* Eärniel of the Gullible and I would say such insolence is allowed in Thine presence since Thy have not said it was not.

To stay on the thread I got on the first test Celeborn and on the second Frodo. hear hear.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:16 AM   #92
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Uhh, Eärniel, that was just childish. Grow up.

If thou beggest mine forgiveness, thou shalt become as one of mine servants. Bow down before me, and take off those silly pink rabbit ears.

But suddenly some power, descended from of old from divine race, possessed Anduril, and casting back his foul raiment he stood forth, massive before the insignificance of Earniel, but radiant and terrible. Lifting up his hand he commanded Earniel to sleep, saying: `O woe-begotten spirit, fall now into dark oblivion, and forget for a while the dreadful doom of life.' And Earniel was felled, as though lightning had smitten him.

Then Earniel woke up.

So great was the horror of Anduril's approach that Eru leapt aside. Then Anduril leapt upon Earniel; and he swooned before the menace of the fell spirit in his eyes and the pleasant vapour of his breath.

But no wizardry nor spell, neither fang nor venom, nor devil's art nor beast strength, could overthrow Anduril of Ea; and he took his foe by the throat and pinned him down. Then Earniel shifted shape, from husky to squirrel, and from snail to his own accustomed form; but he could not elude the grip of Anduril without forsaking his body utterly.

See? Didn't I say I was undefeatable? You people should open thine ears - escape thine wax from thine eardrums...
Old 04-05-2002, 03:59 AM   #93
Earniel

Now, now Anduril, I've still got one more trick in my sleeve...

And then Eärniel of the Gullible spoke and her voice was like the roaring seas and all Anduril's servants fled in terror as the Oh_Wise_One_But _Just_Not_Now jumped back with a yelp and stood there looking sheepish and rather silly.

Then Eärniel spoke again and her voice was that of the undefeatable ocean and Anduril looked sillier still. ''But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Eärniel I am, Imagination's daughter. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you! I have granted you victory so far, call it a childish whimp if you wish. But you have not the power nor the wisdom to defeat me. Never will I be your servant and I'm rather fond of the fluffy pink rabbit ears."

And Anduril feared this formidable enemy that stood before him in all her radiance and glory and a shadow crept into his heart and he feared her. Trying to keep his composture before the terrible fiery gaze of Eärniel, he looked ever more sheepish. He then looked up and said in a hopeful voice: "Um, well yes...friends?" And Eärniel of the Gullible said: "A wise action, Anduril Oh_Wise_One. You may live to see another day."
Old 04-05-2002, 04:22 AM   #94
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Don't take on the water, Anduril, by all that's sea salty, she'll beat you!
Old 04-05-2002, 04:24 AM   #95
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

"You may live to see another day," said Earniel. But in the hour of her seeming dominance, Earniel woke up. She had thus been dreaming.

Earniel woke up, and found herself in a dungeon, with chains around her wrists and ankles.

"In you face!!" Anduril taunted. "Bwahahah! I heard you talking in you sleep. That must have been some dream, hey?"

Earniel came to her senses. She wondered why she was wearing leather. "Please release me, Lord, I beg of you. I commit myself to your service from this day forth."

Anduril laughed. "What could you, a lesser mortal, a weak uneducated chimpanzee, offer me, Anduril, ruler of all ea?"

Earniel paused for a second. "I dunno. I will do anything for and to you. Anything."
Old 04-05-2002, 05:21 AM   #96
Earniel

Fine have it your way, Andu-boy. It's the HARD way.

Eärniel walks over to Anduril and snaps her fingers before his eyes. "Snap out of it you pansy!" And lo the chains melt away as paper from her and she is clad in living light. (where did that leather come from anyway?)Anduril cowers.

"Do anything for you? Hah! You wish! I'll help you out of your dream, that's all!. It is not a little girl you see before you! *goes all galadriel*I'm a dark queen! Terrible as the sunrise! Stronger that the FOUNDATIONS of the Earth! All shall love me and fear me!" Anduril shivers with undeniable mortal fear, and just manages to keep his pants dry.

Eärniel looks down on him and pitties him. "It would be better to heed BeardofPant's warning. For she is seemingly more worthy of the title Oh_Wise_One. You can fight the sea, but you can never WIN!" (hey maybe I should put that in my sig)
Old 04-05-2002, 05:28 AM   #97
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Is that all? Where's the typhoons and the tsunamis? *grumble mumble grumble* D'you mean I bought this super-saver lifeboat for nothing?
Old 04-05-2002, 05:44 AM   #98
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Anduril dies of mortal wounds. His spirit flies to Eru.

"Yo Eru my man!! Wassup?"

"Not much dude. I see you umm, died."

"Yeah. It seems the restrictions you put on me were a little too harsh - I can't do anything down there. It's not fair, really. I mean, look at Earniel. She has no restrictions whatsoever."

"That's because she is weak enough as it is. It would be pointless to take away what little power she has...it's like, uhhhh I dunno...taking candy from a blind baby." Iluvatar thinks deeply. "Okay, would you like me to defuse your massive limitations?"

Anduril nods, and gets ready. Eru raises both hands, and also one leg. Suddenly Anduril's vision changes. He now sees everything as if vertical streaming ones and zeros, which are green (on a black backround). Iluvatar throws the Imperishable Flame at Anduril, and it enters him, as if the two were somehow destined to be as one.

Then Anduril convulses. His body struggles to overcome the power of the imperishable flame, but after eighteen seconds, Anduril proves victorious. Anduril assumes an aggressive stance, head looking down, muscles flexing, arms slightly bent at sides. Then in an instant of sheer and unadulterated manic and also hectic power, space and time bend and distort around him.

This is a sign. Anduril is now back to normal. Little did everyone know, but Anduril had for four ages been restricted, more so than any other being. Even in his restricted form Anduril was virtually omnipotent, but now, he was omnipotent. Ea shivered in terror.

Anduril descended down to Arda. The final battle was to begin shortly...
Old 04-05-2002, 05:57 AM   #99
Earniel

What?!? Crybaby! Can't handle me on your own, can you?! How did you get to die anyway? I never laid a finger on you, didn't NEED to. If my 'little power' as you put it was enough to scare the wits out of you, what does that say of YOURS? *gets back into character*

How suiting you have Flame Imperishable as I control the Wide and Boundless Seas. From the deep waterdwellers to the high waves clad in silk foam all do my biding. Look at the poor boy that comes to fight me. Little wisdom indeed is his if he wishes to continue. Strength he may have, yes, but no skill in using it.

Eärniel of the Gullible looks up at the skies. She puts her hands on her hips. "And you, since when do you interfere?" Eru looks a bit embarassed. "Fine" said Eärniel "Be that way, don't come whining to me if I quench that little flame of yours"

BeardofPants, get your lifejacket.....
Old 04-05-2002, 06:02 AM   #100
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*BeardofPants digs into her capricious pockets and pulls out:

a) a life jacket
b) an umbrella
c) her life boat*

This should get interesting!

*Digs in other pocket, and pulls out a beach ball, and a rubber ducky*