Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #81
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I would have to vote myself off the most prolific poster considering that I barely ever post these days what with school and all .

Unless the award was given to me... you know... as a delicious irony.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #82
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I still want Craziest or Weirdest Poster. I'll work harder if I have to.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 AM   #83
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Wow, I just noticed this.

I've been nominated for Most Eloquent and Tolkien-Wiz...wow. *is honored, and I guess this means I need to get my butt back in the Tolkien forums?*

Give me until tomorrow to think mine through, and I'll get my nominations up

~The Lay of Leithian
Curufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #84
Midge
Faithful Gardener

It's funny, sometimes you don't notice you miss someone till they post again after a really long time. Huh.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #85
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
I still want Craziest or Weirdest Poster. I'll work harder if I have to.
Try posting like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
.ot evah I fi redrah krow ll'I .retsoP tsedrieW ro tseizarC tnaw llits I
Old 11-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #86
inked
Elf Lord

I must say that I too just discovered this.

I am most deeply honored to have been nominated for least modest poster on four separate entries (Yes, I know some are duplicates but statistically there are four entries not all by the same person and not all by separate persons!) and really appreciate that data point! My thanks to ya'll.

Midge really touched my heart when she nominated me for most eloquent! She must have read some of my longer-ago stuff on Harry Potter and even Tolkien.

I shall have to give deep consideration to all the categories and post my nominations before the deadline.

I should like to take this opportunity to quash the concept that everyone is entitled to a title. Really. That's like saying the One Ring should be shared by everyone and all will be peace and light. When we really know what Gandalf said to Saruman is true: there is only one lord of the ring and he does not share power. Yesssssssssssssssssssss, my preciousssssssssssssss.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #87
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
I should like to take this opportunity to quash the concept that everyone is entitled to a title. Really. That's like saying the One Ring should be shared by everyone and all will be peace and light. When we really know what Gandalf said to Saruman is true: there is only one lord of the ring and he does not share power. Yesssssssssssssssssssss, my preciousssssssssssssss.
I agree absolutely that not everyone should be entitled to a title.

Which means, obviously, that you, me and Gwai are going to really have to role up our sleeves and fight for the "least modest" award! There is some seeeeerious competition at play, there .

Like you, I just discovered this thread today. My problem is I mainly hang out in the Theology Thread, with an occasional drifting into the Teacup Café or a politics thread, so I'm not really "up-to-date" enough to answer some of these questions .

EDIT: Actually, yes I am .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 11-12-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #88
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

1. Most Prolific Poster (The Mooter with the most Eager, Energetic and Breathlessly Unequaled Input of Posts of 2008): Mari, Sis and GW

2. Most Eloquent Poster (The Mooter who more often than not Gracefully writes with a Exquisite touch of Words and Clarity: Nurvingiel, GrayMouser

3. Least Modest Poster (The Mooter who likes a Good, Mootish argument!): Insidious Rex, Inked, Gwai and meself seem to fit this bill

4. Most Modest Poster (The Mooter who in a Relaxed and Peaceful manner Posts his/her way through Entmoot's threads): Eärniel, Valandil

5. Happiest Poster (The Mooter who Loves to spread Posts of Joy and Happiness to the Pleasure of the rest of us!): RÃ*an

6. Craziest Poster (The Mooter who is all over the place with Big Letters, Crazy Smiles and Insane Laughters!): Er . . . I guess I'm not in that kind of thread enough.

7. Weirdest Poster (The Mooter who always seems to pull out a Random Comment or a Weird facial expression): trolls' bane (in memory of all the Star Wars mayhem )

8. Bravest Poster (The Mooter who is Not Shy to give his/her Opinion and who takes a Stand where Few would!) : Telcontarion

9. Most Helpful Poster (The Mooter who makes Newbies feel Welcome and who likes to lend a Mootish hand): Nurvingiel

10. Tolkien-Wiz of the Year Poster (The Mooter who possesses a Seemingly Infinite Weaponry of Tolkien knowledge): RÃ*an
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 11-12-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #89
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Just discovered this myself

Lief Erickson, thank you for the nomination for bravest poster. Though I did not know it, I have been working really hard for that one lately.

1. Most Prolific Poster: sisterandcousinandaunt, Mari, Valandil, HOBBIT

2. Most Eloquent Poster: Valandil, Lief Erikson, Rosie Gamgee, Landroval

3. Least Modest Poster: inked, hectorberlioz, sisterandcousinandaunt

4. Most Modest Poster: mari, Nurvingiel, Rosie Gamgee,

5. Happiest Poster: Mari, Butterbeer

6. Craziest Poster: Butterbeer, hectorberlioz

7. Weirdest Poster: Butterbeer, hectorberlioz

8. Bravest Poster: lol, am I allowed to vote for myself...I don't know, Tessar I think. Big leader here abouts and does a good job, takes a pair of really big...

9. Most Helpful Poster: Nurvingiel, Eärniel, Valandil

10. Tolkien-Wiz of the Year Poster: Valandil, Landroval (always comin out with those JRRT letters).

I had to go back to threads from 2006 to figure this one out. Classic battles have been fought on the fields of the moot and it was good taking a stroll down memory lane.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 11-13-2008 at 10:54 AM.
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #90
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion View Post
Lief Erickson, thank you for the nomination for bravest poster. Though I did not know it, I have been working really hard for that one lately.
Yeah . I've seen a whole lot things from you that just about everybody would (and does) fight, sometimes with savage criticism and even personal attacks. I, too, feel that several of the positions you hold to are pretty far nuts, but I definitely admire your willingness to speak up for what you believe is right in spite of tremendous opposition. Bravery is a quality I treasure greatly. So I applaud you!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #91
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I also am a fan of the idea that not everyone should get an award... that's why it's called "Posters of the Year"... what's the fun in a simple competition if in then end, everyone just gets a "participation" medal anyway? I myself, despite a few nominations, am not expecting to be voted to an award. Not that that bothers me, really. All in good fun.

My idea that I mentioned earlier had to do with this... I'd met only opposition to this idea, so it has to do with that. I wouldn't mind tallying votes, though. Of course, my nominations/votes wouldn't count toward the total.

Have we heard anything from CH? If we don't hear from him by Friday, is it okay with people if I pick up this thread and finish this year?

I think it would be best to vote by PM. That way a) votes would be anonymous (I'll keep my mouth shut, I promise!) and b) it will really be a surprise. We could always do a winner and a "vice-winner", only in place of winner you'd put whatever the award was... But maybe that's too complicated.

I promise I'm not all about creating rifts in people's 'Mootships. Just trying to make this fun... hoping it doesn't flop.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 11-12-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #92
Mari
Elf Lady

I realize it's for fun and I agree that if you want to give awards, you can't give one to everyone. However most people here, to me, cannot be fit into most of those categories and I hope you all know what you mean to me without me nominating anyone for anything.
If you don't just ask it to me sometime.

Sorry if that spoils it for someone though.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 PM   #93
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Erm... It's past Nov. 15. Quick poll, MOOTERS! Vote or don't? Ends tomorrow whenever I check this thread.

*whales on rule with a whale, then puts whale back in ocean*

Old 11-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #94
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Will the results be posted here?

Old 11-19-2008, 02:16 AM   #95
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

One can assume that it would be, seeing as any other sort of side thread would be merged with this one.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #96
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Hm, I'm not holding my breath. Coffeehouse hasn't logged in at all this month, so I'm guessing he just forgot all about hosting this competition.

I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, though.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #97
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

I had an email from him the other day - he was awfully busy with his studies, which I think he's finishing these days. He said he may pop in to say hello when his study situation becomes a bit quieter.

He didn't mention this thread, so he may well have forgotten.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #98
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Yes please vote!!!!
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #99
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
I had an email from him the other day - he was awfully busy with his studies, which I think he's finishing these days. He said he may pop in to say hello when his study situation becomes a bit quieter.

He didn't mention this thread, so he may well have forgotten.
Yep my courses are killing me. And yeah I forgot. The vote's yours Midge!
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #100
Mari
Elf Lady

Andreas! *happy smile*

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote