Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #81
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

M.I.F.T is the Multi-Dimensional Institution for the Fictionally Traumatized. It features in a collaborative story/role-play that Katt, Human and I started over the summer when we were bored and waiting for the bus, which really just says it all.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #82
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

The whole RPG was a fanfic making fun of fanfics.
We had the Alliance of Fanficified Worlds and lots of stuff like that.

ANYWAY

If we get sent back after Morgoth is destroied, then we don't get no fun second age. You know, enlightenment, progress, advances, men, corruption, downfall, destruction.

On the other hand, what is Akkalbeth?
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:07 PM   #83
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Should we try to do the second age? It's only four of us who are still posting regularily now and the second age has very little story actually written about it, what little there is tends to have large gaps in it. I think if we wrap it up at the end of the first age it would give the game a much neater ending, and after three and a half years the TLA really does deserve to go out with some dignity, or at least a flamboyant lack thereof.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-10-2005, 03:17 AM   #84
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

I think at this rate we'll be lucky to finish the first age before our younger members graduate college . I kinda agree that the 1st age end would let it end with a bang. On the other hand, I still really enjoy writing it, so I wouldn't be opposed to doing it either way.

What that all boils down to, I guess, is "y'all decide - I'm good whichever way we go"
Old 10-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #85
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Maybe we should end it then try and start another one. We can see how far that goes.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #86
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I'm going to have to veto that. It ends with this one. We agreed on that at the end of the hobbit.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-12-2005, 04:53 AM   #87
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
On the other hand, what is Akkalbeth?
The Akallabeth is the penultimate chapter in the Sil that basically describes the Second Age in Numenor on fast forward. Rise, corruption, fall and all that jazz. That's why I thought MST-ing that would be preferable since we wouldn't be able to insert our own characters in situ in a fast moving history re-run of Numenor. But if anyone has a better idea to do the Akallabeth, I'm all ears, the MST was only a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
Should we try to do the second age? It's only four of us who are still posting regularily now and the second age has very little story actually written about it, what little there is tends to have large gaps in it. I think if we wrap it up at the end of the first age it would give the game a much neater ending, and after three and a half years the TLA really does deserve to go out with some dignity, or at least a flamboyant lack thereof.
We've been with only four of us for quite some time already. So I think we can still do it. We've always kept the Akallabeth aside to see if there were still people interested in playing after we had reached the end of the Silmarillion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
I'm going to have to veto that. It ends with this one. We agreed on that at the end of the hobbit.
Yes, I agree, it should end with this one. After all we don't have any more books that are coherent enough to use after the three games we did. But the Akkalabeth IS part of the Silmarillion so that's why I feel we can still do it and attach it to this game.

I don't think it would be so much different of what we did so far. Instead of actually being present and messing up situations, we'd still be our characters somewhere in a cinema, commenting on events that happen in the second age. I think we'd be able to tie it to the events of the First Age. Maybe this is a punishment of the PPC for messing up the First Age, I don't know, I'm just brain storming.

I'll readily admit I don't know if it will work or if it will ruin the ending of the RPG so if any of you don't want to try, it will be fine with me. I just thought we'd ought to at least consider this last hurdle before dropping the final curtain on the TLA.

I want us too to go out the proper way this long-running game deserves and if that means leaving out the Akallabeth because it is too hard to integrate, I'm cool with it.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:50 PM   #88
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Im BAAAAAAAAACK!!!

sorry, had to get that out of my system. Anyways, know that school has settled down and sports are wrapping up, hopefully ill be able to post more often

I do like the idea of a comentary on the Akallebeth. I can think of so many ways we can warp it hideously

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #89
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

So...we're so close...lets finish this baby with a bang!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #90
Earniel

Speaking of planning ahead. That might not be such a bad idea. I know pretty much how the battle goes, big dragon, fire, Eärendil to the rescue and all that.

But does anyone has a good idea how to handle Mr. Nelson?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #91
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Erm... yeah. I've been trying to figure that one out... At the moment I'm kinda hoping that the idea will come when it's needed.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Lady Marion Magdalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #92
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Nice name change, m'lady.

I really think that idea will come as it is needed, so we might as well start getting on with it... perhaps Morgoth could do that for us, when he realizes he's losing?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:57 PM   #93
Earniel

Okay, so no ideas yet, I was just wondering if that was just me. Lets hope something suitable grand comes up.

Didn't notice the last few additions to the game thread. Blasted Entmoot bug... Will post tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #94
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Speaking of planning ahead. That might not be such a bad idea. I know pretty much how the battle goes, big dragon, fire, Eärendil to the rescue and all that.

But does anyone has a good idea how to handle Mr. Nelson?
I'm gonna blow him up. Along with Glorfindel and half of everything.

this is how we get radioactive glowy elves.

Or maybe I'll make Nelson my slave. Wheee.

I WANT THIS CHARACTER!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #95
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Kitty - wanna start hitting the Nelson plot then? If, you know, Maggie's blowing up Morgoth and I have the Host of the West playing orc soccer?

What I'm trying to imply here is ... big finish time!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #96
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

All right.

Wheee! I have head explodie!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #97
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Okay, I'm working on a finale but it's LONG so DON"T POST PLEASE!

It is also hard because I'm at work.

Speaking of which, I just saw Zandalf walk by.

weird
Old 11-12-2005, 01:00 AM   #98
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Okay, that was a long post.

Did you get all of that? With the Tanks and the F-15C "Eagles"?

I'm not sure I did.

And the TUNNEL that Maggie and Glor just came out of goes right to the bowels of Morgoth's fortress so you can use that to go capture Morgoth.

And I am going to kill Glor when you least expect it, just so you know.

And Nelson, I'm gonna have fun wiht him

And someone's gotta call the PPC.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:53 AM   #99
Earniel

Ay Caramba! After days of utter silence it suddenly explodes in an unseen flurry of posts. You've sure got things organised.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #100
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

This is fun to read, guys! Great writing Love the narrator parts!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote