Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #81
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
"calm down. my apologies we have had not been truly introduced. I am Padroot and this is my dear friend Povhowlh. i believe you already have met. so back to business i guess. you are probably wondering why you are not dead. well that is easy to answer: because you are alive.

occ: no time to finish sorry
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Lostyia Delr-Padroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:48 PM   #82
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"But," Calyniel interupted Padroot "but... but... but..." Still dazed and confused, and wondering if she truly was alive or if this was some strange vision she was having, she could do nothing but stammer. "But...but...but...but that doesn't tell me why. how? but..." She realized she sounded very stupid, and shut her mouth. How could she be alive? She knew she saw the axe fall, there was no way she could have gotten away from it, was there? And if she had somehow survived, why hadn't Eladda? Or had he? Eladda, where are you? she thought silently. Was this all some sort of cruel joke? How could she have survived? Had she only dreamed that she was caught? What was going on? Had this stranger saved her life? If so, why? and HOW?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 04:43 PM   #83
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: Dulin gazed across the river and into the meadow where he could have sworn he had spotted a young maiden bathing. He turned away a little bewildere at his thoughts of maidens in rivers and turned back to Orodroch.
"Am I going in sane my friend or was there really someone there?"
Dulin whispered.
Orodroch only twitched his ears and then continued grazing by the river ride where the greenist grass grew.
Dulin shook his heat and stired the sweet rabbit stew he had started cooking earlier that day. He stirred the thick stew with a thick stick and added some lemon gras to it along with some more rabbit chunks.
Dulin sniffed the fresh meal and smiled. He took a wooden bowl chipped from travel and poured some of the stew into it and took a bite.
"OUCH!!!!!!" Dulin screamed and jumped back.
Orodroch turned quickly with surprise and perked up his head to see what the commotion was about.
Dulin looked at his friend and muttered.."Burned my tongue."
The llama rolled his large ears back and continued to graze not bothering to seek anymore from the elf.
After supper Dulin packed up his things to go and strated to go off on the trail crossing the river by a sturdy bridge to the meadows. Orodsoch was not fawn of bridges and hesitaded a little but with a little pursuasion(sp) (ex. lemon grass, and fresh onion weeds) he crossed the bridge into the meadowes.
Yet when Dulin arrived across the bridge a sword swumg out of no where and the same women from last night pointed a long sword at Dulin's chest.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:14 PM   #84
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Theoden

"you are surprised? i figured such a dermined lady like yourself would expect to be able to get out of a mess like this. if you didn't then why did you become a spy ?you ovously thought you could get away with it, or at least for a time." padroot was getting frustrated. she know she should understand but this rude girl hasen't even thanked her. but she would not let such foolish feelings show. " anyway we are going to a safe place for a time. so back to how come you are here. because it wasn't your time to go. and if your wondering how we weren't caught in the process. well, another easy one because they still thought you were there , by now there probably having an intresting surprise. " she hands her the orb while laughing continuesly "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah." then stoped when the mist started to fade away in the orb.

Last edited by Lostyia Delr-Padroot : 11-24-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:19 PM   #85
Camellia Baggins
Hobbit

Location: in a verry pretty area on a streat on this planet earth
great ile meat up with you latter mon then im typeing this in study hall and i have wayyyy to much caffeene in my systym bye
Camellia Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:42 PM   #86
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Calyniel took the orb from Padroot and looked into it curiously, if still a little confused. A grey mist swirlled through the orb and slowly disapated to reveal a man speaking. (OOC: I assume she can't hear anything) As the image zoomed out (OOC:?) she could see that he was holding something. Was that...? She reached up to her neck, feeling it, as if checking that it was still whole, then reached up to her head, feeling that as well. "How? How.... how does he have my head? How can he have it when it's still on my neck. Isn't it?" she asked, as though she wasn't sure. She could see the man holding it by her hair... chopped off roughly at about chin length... as was her real hair. Yet, she thought she was still alive with her head still on her shoulders. "How?"

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 11-25-2004, 11:31 PM   #87
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc. okay I have decided that I will go and meet Ethuliels character if it is permitted and pass by the castle she just left on my way through Rathlas. So whoever wants to meet me at the castle instead may do so or so on. For now I will set my character up to meet Ethuliels girl.

ic: Dulin left the river and decided it was time to go through mountains and see what lied ahead. He had never been in Rathlas and was happy to beable to explosre it on his own without his people wandering with him always stopping in one places for weeks.
"I just can't stand going their pace anymore. I know they have to stop to be able to give the children breaks and all but still I just can't stayin one place." Dulin told the llama and himself.
Orodroch hummed in agreement being a mountain animal for traveling he liked to move around as long as there was plenty of grass and water nearby.
The two companions moved towards the top of the mountain and Dulin climbed up the tallest tree he could find and quickly clambere dup it to view what lied ahead of them. Dulin reached the top of the pine tree he had climbed and gazed at the land he could see.
Mountains spread out in front of them with small signs of villages and rivers going between them. He saw larger houses thatmay have been castles but not for royalty he guessed by the size of them. Dulin noticed that two mountains down there was alerger village with a large grey castle nestled near a large garden. Dulin climbed back down and decided that was where they would head for the time being. He always wanted to have a goal set so they would not wander out of controle adn come upon any...rather new surprises.
The two companions climbed down the mountain and head towards the river ferry searching for a good boat to take a short cut to the castle.
Dulin and Orodcroch arrived at the base of the mountain and followed a worn out trail towards a sign that looked extremely weather torn and needing fixing that said boat Ferry availble.
Dulin walked up to a scruffy looking hobbit like creature and asked about a ferry to the castle village he had spotted and the hobbit agreed saying that there was a port he could land them on but it was a few extra gold coins for the extra few miles. Dulin agreed adn payed the hobbit (he doesn't know the name of the creature so he describes it as a hobbit).
The hobbit looked at the llama scepticly(sp) but allowed the two companions to board a flat floating rafter with low sides amd hopped on to row.
It took till dawn to arrive at the village and the sun had already set causing all of the candles to be lit making the village look as though it were fireflies stuck in one spot. Dulin thanked the hobbit and walked towards the village to find an Inn to stay in for the night. He had arrived at his goal...now he only needed a new goal to continue.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:33 AM   #88
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Continued....

ic: Dulin searched through the village which became quite difficult due to the rushing of people going home for the night and the odd stares they gave the now annoyed Orodroch. Dulin finally found an Inn with a warm well kept stable to stay in. He placed the tired llama in a clean stable and tied him up inside. He placed thellamas favorite blanket on him and pouredsome sweetv oats into his bowl and said goodnight.
Dulin went inside and checked into a room for the night at the bar desk. The inkeeper was an old man who was balding slightly. He grinned at Dulin and handed him some old rusted keys and explained his room number before tending to some rather drunk humans talking about wife trouble and how many hours of work they had to do each day. Dulin only alughed to himself for he was still looking for a wife and knew that he would never complain about someone willing to bind themselves to him. He just wanted a companion besides a llama for once. Not that he didn't love his llama but still to have a conversation for once wuld be nice.
Dulin went up to his room which was not too far away and lit several candles as he entered. The room was fair sized with a warm looking bed and a window looking out towards the stables. The room had a bathtub and a rather worn rug. Dulin got into bed and fell asleep almost at once.
Dulin woke up late the next morining not realizing how comfortable he was. He swung out of bed and ran off towards the stables to packup the llama to go. After paying the Innkeeper his dues he made his way towadrs the large towering castle up ahead.
It took only an hour to reachthe castle by the streets and when Dulin arrived he noticed the stern guards at the entrance and smiled. Now that he had reached his goal it was time to move on.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #89
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Strider

"if you think you're dead then you are. but you seem to be a living corpse so far. well stop worring and watch the rest of the scene." lostyia was happy that povhowl was saying something because her temper was starting to flair. this girl must surly be a fool; can't she see there are magics at work.

occ:back to the orb
holding the head you can tell he was still preaching about Areanna and to be in her good faith. finally getting to the part of public placement as he went to put the head on the stake it dissapeared. just went poof like it was never there.

"if you were there you could hear laghing in the back ground. trademark of yours truly." padroot told with a matter of fact tone."

as he got over the astonishment he called some guards and they rushed to her cell. soon they came to the conclusion that she got away. they searched the who area. then it started raining and you can see a drunkin' old dwarf with some poor lady who was basically carring him to the carrage. then the scene subside and gray mist was back. soon it became just another crystal.

"now, i think i deserve a thanks. for saving your hide. i didn't have to follow that prophasy, i didn't have save you, but i did. i used my skills to save you i got my contacts and used a little of povhowlh's contacts and conjured a simple illusion spell and release a transportation spell. i think the least..." cut off by an abrupt stop. "what is the meaning of this" she bellowed as her hood fell off.

"sorry mam' i am a patrol unit and was wondering if you seen an elf with green eyes."

"are you playing a sick joke on me. scaring an old woman like that. with that lack of profesionalism you should be sent to the dungeon."

pulling all the curouge he could to this imposing elder woman "i do not make light of the situation. i would therefore not be mocking you.

"Ha. scence you stop this carrage all you have done is mock me. do you not see my eyes, they are green you fool and so is my granddaughter and shes been taking care of me for weeks now and not once has she left my sight nor my faithful guards. ruparth, deal with this man."

the dwarf stood up and took the role of protector."on behalf of melga barrison herself you are passed with treason..."

"you know, i could just act like this never happened."

"how dare you, Ruparth take this man."

"madam, if i say so myself it would be one less person to worry about on our journey."

"youre right, i will pardon you this one time, but don't dare do it again."

"yesss mam. i have to go." the man stumbled out. thankful for his life if areanna heard of this he would be cattle food.

"good"

as the man was left out of sight pavhowlh spoke "melga barrison will be mad if she hears about this"

"don't worry your beloved will still be by your side." he knew she was right that clinging wench would not leave his side no matter what he did.

seeing his annoyance risein padroot brought up another subject "well any way aren't we at the spot near the area where you have some business."

forgotton the hag "i do a very good one, infact this crazy guy is willing to buy almost all of my merchandise in Calar." i will go now. hopping out of the carrage like the speed was nothing.

"now young one i will plege to protect you for now you and no one else."

occ: sorry have to finish later

Old 12-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #90
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Still shaking with fear, and desperately wanting to curl into a ball and hide, Calyniel turned to the old woman, Padroot, unless she had lied about her name, which would not have surprised her. "You saved my life--twice." she said, her voice sounding surprised. "but why? Why me? and why no one else?"
Calyniel pulled her knees up and hugged them to her chest, trying to make herself as small as possible and secretly wishing that she could disapear, or at least crawl into some tiny hiding place and hide from the world... then at least she'd feel a little safer, whether or not she actually was.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:13 PM   #91
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Okayit seems nobody in the castle can recognize my existence so I will just move on.

ic: Dulin started to walk away from the large gray stoned castle when a white dressed woman caught his eye. Dulin turned around to get a better glance of her but was jerked by the very determined llama to leave. Dulin growled at Orodroch who got the message and stood still.
The dark haired elf attempted to get closer to the women or girl but one of the guards suddently knocked him on the head with the flat part of his sword angrily.
"What business does ye have trying to get inside the castle of the Lord and Lady?" The bulky guard growled at the slender elf.
Dulin glared at the guard angrily and started to take out his short sword but Orodroch dragged him away befpre he could do any harm or be harmed.
Dulin attempted to fight the llama but before he could pull back towards the guard a small gray squirrel trotted up near him trying to bury a rather large acorn in the soft earth next to one of the trees. Dulin yelped in fear and started to drag the llama as far away from the tree and castle as he could possibly manage.
This seeme to have caught the young maidens eye as she started to appraoch the entrance of the castle to get a better look at the frightened elf and annpyed llama.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:39 PM   #92
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

ooc: sorry that I haven't posted in so long, but I've been waiting for TB to post, and she hasn't, so I'll just jump to Kirsinari packing up again.

ic:

She hadn't entered the room for manny years. The pain of what had happened here so long ago still lingered in the stale air. The bedroom still bore the evidence, dispite the maids' attempts at cleaning it. Nothing was known to remove the stains of Malthin blood, or compleatly take away the memory of battle from the physical elements where the battle was fought.

So, even though the sheets were fresh each day, and shelves dusted and windows wiped, one could still smell the blood whish shown just as brightly as the day it was shed, could still feal the pain and loss in the very air if they entered. Just the sight brought back the vivid memories, but when adding the feal of the room to her sensitiveties to "magic" the whole fight replaied its self over in Kirsinari's mind once more.

She could see the malevolence in Rucurin's eyes, and thought she'd heard of a man named Curunir away in the West Lands who'd betraied others the way Rucurin had her. She didn't doubt that the two were one in the same. For his tresspass, the other Malthin on her side decided to send him to become an Istar to serve in the West Lands, his name changed to a word befitting the same meaning as his origional one.

Another since him had been sent. Andon Loroin, for marrying a Telokin woman. He'd been renamed Olorin, but carried more names than that. She deeply appreciated Andon for his loyalties to her, dispite the fct that his mother was Areanna. She'd last met him in her one loanly trip to the West Lands as a wolf. At that time, he'd been going by the name Gandalf. He had told her that Curunir's latest name was Saruman.

Kirsinari shunted asside the memories, blocking them forcefully with her power. She had to break out clothing that she hadn't worn since her days on the front lines with the rest of Onem's soldiers. It was time to return to her old self compleatly... that was, her self before even Tavin had come into her life. She was going to become the Comander once more.

"Nechared Onem!" Kirsinari called out over thoes assembled to leave for the Kaltolam Planes. "Onem nechaed!" they called back to her.

It felt good to hear the war cry called back to her, even better to know that the origional call had come from her own lips. She truly was returning to the battle anew. Kirsinari the Fala Naera would push back harder than before, with all she had.

Tavin looked at Kirsinari with a new found respect. He'd never seen her so proud and enthusiastic about leading a war band, even if it was just a little ways to the south for now. His troops would be mobilized the morning after they arrived at the camp. He'd been shunted aside once more, and the knife was driven farther by the way that she pointedly looked away from him as they led the group out of the city Ternata Tehortha, out of the Short Mountains.

Evelyn rode allong the Kirsinari's opposite flank as they left, and Gorneldor on his flank. It was a bit distracting to hear the two fae argueing while they went allong, but the paths and rythmic plodding of hooves soon took away most of his cares...

For the moment.

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #93
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

copost with Lostyia Delr-Padroot

with a deep sigh padroot sugested to break it down for her. "fate gave me the wonderful job of being your temporary bodyguard, hey don't be mad i surely didn't ask for it. but it seems to me you need it. you are not as safe as you were when you were a spy."

Calyniel sighed. She didn't want to be indebted to a complete stranger for her life... She'd rather take care of herself. She knew when she was a spy that her life was in danger, but she was willing to accept that danger. But now she was helpless... she couldn't go back to being a spy, but she was still in danger. Yet she did not like that she was protected by a complete stranger, who she didn't even trust. "I never was safe... but at least when I was a spy, I had some control over my fate... I don't need your help."

padroot again this time laughing like a maniac "hahahahahahahahahaha, CONTROL, you never had control over your fate. what a niave fool. noone ever has complete control." her eyes changing color of a lime green for annoyance to a startling shade of purple she went on. "second don't you think for a second that you have no choice over this situation. i may help protect you but by no means am i you babysitter. i have more wisdom because of my expearance than you and thats why i am helping out. if you want to leave so badly than jump out of this carrage im not stopping you. don't you dare give me a lame excuse 'that your in debted to me, because i will not exept it, after all we are complete strangers."

"But... you did save my life, and were by no means forced to." She thought back to that moment, just before she was 'rescued'. She knew--or thought she knew--that she was about to die, but she had accepted that fate... it was for a good cause. Her only regret was-- "I need to get back! I must go to Ternata Tehortha and tell her!"

feeling like laughing again padroot lays down the facts "kirsinari would be told once we get there. where did you think we were going? but only after we get a good bath and rest at this inn i know of. also can't you ever stay on topic??? next dont get sentimental on me, i might save a pig because i don't want pork but doesn't mean i want it to pay me back later. sooner or later its going to die just like you but just got more time. hopefully instead of asking stupid questions or waisting time it made good of its remaining time." she sighed thinking 'i hope she got i was metaphorically speaking, she's a slow one'.

"How long will it take to get there? If we don't hurry it will be too late!!"

"now girly, don't give me attitude we could be there now with my powers. but its obvious that you don't trust me enough to trust my magic, i am hungry, i am thinking a nice slab of pork. plus we are already at the town were the inn is at." she said ending the conversation by leaving the carrage "follow if you want, but i am sure that guard is still looking for you. and you do need me at this moment. i will be at hidden tooth's inn if you are going the rest of the way with me." she is almost out of hearing distance when she finishes her sentence, glad that the girl didn't hear her stomach roar.

Calyniel looked after the old woman's retreating figure. She didn't really want to stay with her, but she didn't have much choice. She stepped down from the carriage.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:10 PM   #94
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: The young maiden walked up to the dark haired elf and softly spoke words of greetings.
Dulin turned around and gazed at her and returned the greeting.
"What business does sucha rare creature have in Rathlas?" She softly asked as her eyes moved around his body and the llama's.
"I ...I...I" Duling stuttered he could barely controle his words in her presence let alone make since.
"I... I mean we," as he pointed to the llama, "Are just exploring other lands to find acceptance and maybe some answers." He finished lamely.
The maiden laughed and wathceda s Dulin blushed lightly on his pale cheeks.
"Well then you must be of need of some assistence if you are not fermiliar with Rathlas." The maiden offered.
"I only seek a city where I can find answers to the riddle of this stone I bear." Dulin said as he revealed the shinning stone from the shelter of his tunic.
THe maiden gasped in surprise but recomposed her self and smiled.
"You may be able to find the answers at a city yonder where you will find some one with answers if not good food and travelers to talk to." She said smiling as she never took her eyes of the stone.
"But do not give up that stone to easily for it holds more than just beauty."

Dulin smiled akwardly then nodded with approval.
"Thank you my lady for your aid." he bowed his head then walked off towards the next trail.
For a week Dulin and Orodroch traveled by foot on a wagon trail dusty with use. Some passerbies gave them second looks but Dulin took no offense nor aknowledged their presence excpet for occasional directions. The two companions soon found that their food and water was running low again and Dulin was determined to reach the city or village before nightfall that night. He could already see from the cliff the city at the bottom but thyey could not get down by cliff due to the large llama.

The trail wounded down and soon they reached the bottom and the city loomed into view. A carraige of two people rolled off and an old women and a young women stood in its wake. The old women seemed to be talking to the younger one then walked off towards the city followed by the hesitent young one. Dulin figured they would know the lway to an inn and barn for himself and Orodroch so he lead the llama on towards the city.
The followed the two women into a darly lit Inn with a small barn on its side. Dulin walked Orodroch into a clean stale and bid him good night before walking off to find a room for himself.
When he entered the Inn he noticed that the Older women and the young one were seated at a table in the shadows and they chatted in whispers. Dulin shivered slightly from the cold then checked himself into a room for the night. When his things were set up in the room he walked out inot the bar and ordered some warm tea and sat down across from the blazing warm fire. He sighed with pleasure. He loved being in the light of fire drinking tea. Yet the tea was not as good as the tea of his land but it was still worth it non the less.
Despite the fire Dulin shivered once more and could not help vut have the feeling of being watched ever so silently. He could only look back at the two women who happened to be the only ones left in the bar excpet for him.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:58 PM   #95
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

OOC: I thought you were going to ask me for directions or something and I'd show you to the inn... oh well...

IC:
Calyniel sat at her table and looked at the Elf who was the only other person in the common room. He seemed to be new to the area, at least he didn't seem to know quite where he was, and had the look of someone who didn't stay in one place for long, a traveler. She glanced at his neck, and saw that there was a string around it. Did that mean... Areanna had said that one of the pieces of the Keystone was in the hands of a traveller, and Calyniel couldn't help but wonder if it was this traveller. She got up, a little nervous, and aware that if her guess was wrong what she was doing could put her in grave danger ... even more than she already was. Nevertheless, she approached the man. "Hello."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 12-07-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:59 PM   #96
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Kirsinari nearly brought her horse to an ubrupt halt when the vision overtook her. The traveler! Cylaniel and the traveler had met!

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #97
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Arwen Undomiel

"finally." padroot sighed, it had been a long while when she was left alone. secretly thanking the worn traveler she started to leave. as she did she saw a glint of an interisting stone. as she left the inn taking a breath of fresh air she come to the conclusion that their will be another joining them.

(occ: finish later.)

Old 12-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #98
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: Dulin looked up from the fire into the face of the speeker. He was surprised to find that close up she was very battered and bruised inlcuding her hair looked as though it had been roughly and irresponsibly chopped off. Her face was pretty to him rather kind looking but stressed in some way he could not put his finger on. Her eyes would have been beautiful if not for the sadness that had taken over their glow.
"Hello" Dulin replied offering her a chair across from himself. She refused looking calm but he could tell she was anything but.
He nodded then took another sip of his tea.
"What is that around your neck?" She questioned pointing to his silver band.
"Its just a stone I found tossed carelessly to the ground near my home." He replied not bothering to even look at the stone.

ooc: Okay I have to get off I will continue tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #99
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"I can't be sure, but I don't think it's 'just a stone,'" she whispered, leaning near his ear. "You'd do well to keep it better hidden. They're after you, and they'll kill you if they catch you." She stood up and walked back to her table, trying to stay calm. If-- no, she wouldn't think about it, she'd face that possibility if it came.

OOC: Sici, feel free to approach her... I just didn't think she'd stop for a friendly chat in her current mood... she felt she had to warn him, but no more.

Last edited by ethuiliel : 12-08-2004 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:06 PM   #100
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ic: Dulin froze shocked for a moment by the maiden's words. They were the exact same words as the other women at the castle. Only the other women failed to mention the part were he would be killed for the stone. Well how did that manage to slip her mind?

Dulin got up from his comfortable seat and followed the young maiden towards her table in the shadows.
She turned to him and lost her composure for a second as she was shocked to see he had followed her. She returned to her nromal calm state and looked at him pleasantly.

"What do you know about this stone?" He asked her.

Dulin had forgotten about the older women who sat at the table too looking at him with no signs of surprise as though she had expected his arrival.