Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-05-2002, 12:29 PM   #81
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid answered Kaytriens question. "I'm not entirely sure of what exactly drives me to enter the forest. Partly a question of Fangorn and many arguments of the Wolves here. But there's something else too. Merely a feeling, but in my many years on this earth, i have learned to trust my feelings..."

Then she saw Erenfor come back downstairs.

"Excuse me. I have to do something."

She stood up and went to Birenaths room. A soft knock, then she entered.

"Hey there. Are you tired? I'd suggest you sleep a little..."
Old 03-05-2002, 12:59 PM   #82
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

BÃ*renath smiled at Irid as she entered. "I should, though are you guys leaving now? I have made up my mind, I'll stay here till tomorrow, then I'll continue searching for my brother. Maybe our paths again will cross sometime in the future, it's been an honor meeting you!" BÃ*renath stood up and bowed before Irid, before he layed down on the bench again.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:41 AM   #83
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Erenfor glanced sideways at Irid for a moment as he passed her, and then noticing Kaytrien and Tessar, he walked over to them. "So what is your decision?" he asked as he approached.

"Us two and Irid," Tessar answered, "will be heading to the Pentagrid Forest. None of us can precisely put our finger on why we want to go there, but it is a feeling each of us has."

Erenfor raised an eyebrow at the reason for the decision, but held his peace. "Very well then; I can see that you have all thought about this and that it would be most probably unavailing to try to change your minds now. You'll be leaving in the morning?"

Tessar glanced at Kaytrien for a moment. "We haven't discussed it, but probably."

"Then perhaps you could delay for a few hours," Erenfor said. "I am curious about the Pentagrid too, if you three all put such importance into going there, and there are orcs about. One or two people at my camp, perhaps, could accompany you. I have a desire to have the outskirts of that would scouted for orcs anyhow, so it would be helpful to me perhaps anyway."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 06:16 AM   #84
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

*Was hoping to gatecrash Harnauro's little party, ah well*

The forest arose in pernicious rage as the horse screeched to a blinding halt, its hoof suspended in mid-air inches above the tree-trunk, and hovering for a flash before it lost its balance and fell backwards, felling rider and beast. Then all was silent.

Alfwine slowly picked himself up and looked around. He could hear the trees rustling in hostile reception. The phantom who had jumped on his horse was long gone, leaving to him the wilderness of the forest.

My imagination runs wild here, he decided as he shook his head, and he reached for his horse. He mounted it and sped off, his path guided by a sudden strange instinct in his head.

The sun was lowering the sky by the time he saw the inn loom over the horizon.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:31 AM   #85
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

*OOC: it's a whole village, not just an inn*

Irid sat down on the bed again.

"I do not know when we will leave. Kaytrien and Tessar will go too. They are both elves."
Old 03-10-2002, 11:16 AM   #86
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

*Point taken.*

The horse leaped, barely clearing the walls of the village. Its spectacular entrance attracted the attention of the inhabitants and they turned their heads, just in time to see the horse crash-land onto the floor and topple over, flinging its rider into the air.

Alfwine rolled to a stop outside an inn, his eyes closed in unconsciousness. It had been a long day.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:59 AM   #87
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"A few hours is all I ask," Erenfor said. "Surely an errand which you cannot even explain the reason for going on can wait that long . . ."

At that moment, there was the sound of a whinnying horse and loud voices from outside. The unconscious Rohirrim was brought into the inn an instant later, and Erenfor watched him closely, though didn't advance.

"This is a night for surprises," he said dryly. "I wonder what will pop through the door next."

"He is not injured," one of the men who was holding the rider said. "Simply unconscious from exhaustion. I don't recognize this coat of arms he wears on his tunic though. He's not from around here."

"No," Erenfor answered. "He's from Rohan."

"Rohan?" the man said in surprise. "What on earth is he doing here?'

"I don't know, but you'd best bring him up to the same place we took BÃ*renath, and have him look after him for the time being.

"Well Irid, what's your answer?"
Old 03-10-2002, 03:04 PM   #88
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Tessar stood from the table muttering something about helping the man and followed after the people who were taking the (man?) to a room.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #89
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

*ooc: lief, pretty hard to answer that, since i'm still with birenath... Oh well I'll find something on it.*

Suddenly Irid remembered something she had learned long ago. One of the first things the wolves had thought her, was a specific plant with the power to heal weariness, and help someone recover quicker from his wounds. She had seen it on her way here, but had not heeded it then. She told BÃ*renath what she was going to do, and then left the room quietly. Once outside, she ran in the direction where she had seen the plant. She searched a little, and saw that she had been right. She took the plant with her. As she entered the inn again, Erenfor asked her what her decision was.
"I will tell you so in a moment. Well I'm going, but first I have to get BÃ*renath to his feet."
As she entered Birenath's room, she noticed the man that had been carried inside.
"Oh well, he can profit from it too."

Irid took the plant, and crumbled it. Then she asked for a bowl of water. When she got that, she layed the plant in it. A scent of spring came from the bowl. In the bed next to Birenath the man stirred, and opened his eyes. Birenath felt better, and knew that now he could stand up. All that were in the room felt more recovered from the battle. Irid said with a smile: "And no, this is not Athelas..."
Old 03-10-2002, 04:48 PM   #90
Laurenis
Enting

Kaytrien watched Irid return and enter Birenath's room. She followed her, eager to see of the doing of this plant and to have a closer look at the man of Rohan. Kaytrien had seen few people of Rohan before and when we looked upon the face of the unconscious man with golden hair being carried into the inn, she had to find more of him. He seemed young, more of her age than the other elfs and Harnauro, and she was curious of his being so far from home, and if his coming was due to another drive of orcs.
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:50 PM   #91
Laurenis
Enting

*woohoo i'm an enting!!*
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 05:12 PM   #92
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

It was all like the fog and darkness dissapeared to nothing, and the sun shining through. The healing potion that Irid had made was really doing its work. BÃ*renath stood up right away and knew he felt better now. He bowed before Irid; and in this moment he saw the man from Rohan. It seemed to him he was slowly recovering as well, and BÃ*renath smiled at him.

BÃ*renath looked back at Irid, who now was standing with another elf he hadn't seen before.
"...and I'd like you to meet BÃ*renath, Tessar." Irid turned around and looked at BÃ*renath again. Tessar walked forward and bowed, and BÃ*renath did likewise.
"An honor to meet you, Tessar" Birenath said. "Are you going to the Pentagrid as well?"

----

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-15-2002, 10:10 PM   #93
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Still seeking an answer . . .

Erenfor glanced in Irid's direction, then back at Tessar, and finally shrugged. He couldn't seem to get any firm answer from anyone just now.

He turned his head toward the innkeeper. "Would you please have one of your servants wake me at 5:00?"

The innkeeper's eyes widened and he shook his head slightly. "If it is your wish," he said doubtfully.

"It is," Erenfor confirmed. "See that it happens." He touched Tessar's shoulder, interrupting the small talk between him and BÃ*renath and the elf turned to him. "I cannot go on this quest this time, my friend," he said with a small smile, "my responsibilities lie elsewhere. However, I have a desire to see that part of the territory scouted out anyway, so I shall go back to my camp and send one or two of my servants to join you tomorrow morning."
Old 03-16-2002, 10:52 AM   #94
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

"Elves!" a panicked shout erupted, interrupting the conversation. "Where am I?"

The man from Rohan threw himself from the bed and drew his sword, staring defiantly at the crowd in the room. The distrusting flicker in his eyes was glaring as he glanced steely around the room. He was surrounded, no, enclosed within a circle of elves, the beings of myth whom he had never seen in the havens of the South. Indeed, his cloak of shining, dirty white and hair of gold looked scruffily out of place in their presence.

"And what is this?" he demanded hysterically, "we have not had any dealings with the queer folk since the days of old."
Old 03-16-2002, 01:51 PM   #95
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Harnauro rests upon the ground, somehow sleeping easily on the forest floor - though Malagar knows that the smallest sign of danger, the lightest sound of warning, would wake the man.
Malagar needed no rest, and remained, still, up in the tree, staring into the night. Harnauro's strange tale of the events in town worried Mal.
Harnauro had spoken of the Elven Commander, and Malagar presumed it was none other than the Erenfor that Slythre was working with. He had nothing against the elf, but wondered whether Erenfor would recognize his name from the days he worked with Melkor. His name had not been common or well known, but the danger was still there.
Still, he thought, it was not worth worrying over. What would happen, would happen, and he had no control over it. He would visit Slythre again in the morning - likely bringing Harnauro along, and ask her more about the elf.
A light sigh escaped him, and Harnauro stirred briefly below. Malagar continued staring into the sky, the stars flickering on and off, and he briefly held the fancy that they were winking at him.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:08 AM   #96
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

BÃ*renath jumped back and crushed his back against the wall as the man from Rohan jumped up from his bed and drew his sword. He knew so well now how swordblade and skin did not mix, and in his mind he relived the pain he had been going through the last days...

-------------------------------------------
OOC: I think the more experienced characters should deal with this matter, as I have been sick for some days and are kinda week from the sight of a drawen blade...

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-17-2002, 07:19 AM   #97
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid, who was talking to Birenath and Tessar, looked up when the man drew his sword. She sighed, she knew that prejudice would cause the man to attack, unless the elves in the room took his sword, and then explained a thing or two. For example that men were more queer then elves.
She drew wolfbane, the sword of mithril. The others too drew there sword, unless it was Tessar, who got ready for some mage thing. She signed to him not to use his magic unless nothing else was possible. She got nearer to the man, who obviously felt endangered. She was closest by, and so he attacked her. The anger of being 'enclosed by elves' gave him a strength she hadn't expected, but she had an era or two more experience then him.
A sudden move by Kaytrien distracted him, and Irid was able to unarm (*that how you say it?*) him. She took his sword and gave it to Birenath to hold. Then she went back to the man, and said to him to sit down on the bed.

"Why exactly have you drown (sp?) your sword against us?"
Old 03-17-2002, 12:10 PM   #98
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Erenfor, who had not drawn his blade, glanced sideways at Irid disapprovingly. "I am sorry," he said, opening both hands and taking a step towards the man. "We mean you no harm, and my companions have just been overhasty. My name is Erenfor, and I am the commander of a force of skilled warriors who are combating the forces of Sauron. We hunt orcs, wherever they may be found, and I assure you that we bear no ill will to the men of Rohan.

"If the reception back to consciousness was rude, please forgive us. You broke into our discourse unexpectedly with a drawn sword, and I am sure you can appreciate our reactions therefore."
Old 03-17-2002, 02:16 PM   #99
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Tessar let the ball of fire that floated above his hand dissapate as soon as he saw the man had been calmed, he was annoyed with the man for doing that and annoyed with himself for being so tense that he had reacted that way.

Tessar went over to erinfor and seeing the man was too stunned to talk for a while said in a quiet tone of voice "I am very sorry I can't go with you to help battle the orcs, I wish I could. but something is calling me to the forest and I feel that I must go, please don't feel that its that I'm trying to avoid danger, I'm not. Perhaps when this is over I will be able to join you."
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:42 PM   #100
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid sat down on the bed where Birenath lay before. She covered her head in her hands, she suddenly fell a headache coming up. Why did she react this way? What had come over her? Then Watcher jumped beside her on the bed. She asked him if he knew it. He didn't, but he knew that she had forgotten something in the long years she had walked this earth, and she had to learn it again. That explained the headache. She knew she'd fall unconscious soon, in order to learn again what she had forgotten...
It echoed in her head: Remember Laska...
Then she felt or heard nothing anymore.

A plain, where she was standing. A little further a forest. She had been here before, she knew. Around her were wolves, and she remembered. This was what she had forgotten: the wolfworld. The world where all the wolves were that she had lost in long years. But now the wolves wanted to show her something. They wanted her to follow them, and she did. Over the plain, through the forest she had seen. Then another plain. Surprised, Irid looked over the new plain. There they were: people she had met, she had become friends with, but that she had left behind. Galloping over the field: Laska, rider of Rohan, once her friend, in years forgotten by other men. Thoran was there, and Sythene, and Thanes, the dwarve that had given her wolfbane, together with Runner and Player, who he had become friends with a long time ago. With a smile Irid stepped towards him, and sat down besides him.
"Well met, my friend. Still best friends with the wolves I see..."

As she was speaking to him, Laska had seen her and galloped to her, on Fjäril, her brown horse. She jumped off and hugged Irid.

"So I guess this is your wolfworld you have talked about when we were on that 'Langverwachte Quest' to Angmar. I have talked to my brother again!" She said. Irid laughed happily. Thanes too, had finally found peace, his brother had forgiven him. Irid didn't want to go away... But she had to, she still had to live. She would only partly go back to the village though. Part of her mind would allways stay here, talking to everyone, bringing back memories of old...