Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2003, 09:39 AM   #81
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Terin felt a hand grip her shoulder; turning she came face-to-face with Banuien, eyeing her strictly.

"And how do you know that your departure of this Valley will not see you shot?" she demanded. "That you have been attacked by these men suggests that whoever you once knew is safer if they are not with you." She let her hand drop to her side and gazed at Terin sadly. "Until at least we know that all probability of them finding or making any attempt on your life is eliminated."

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-19-2003 at 05:28 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:08 PM   #82
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I think raven was talking to Brom.

"Good," said Brom. "So thats everyone. And for your riding skills, Terin, that won't be a problem." he stood looking at all the riders and dragons. "Once again, riders will unite, may the empire fall under your rule." he said soberly. "Now we need to get ready, Eragon, get the horses. Banuien, instruct Terin on horseback riding. Raven, make yourself useful, and Siuahn can help Eragon." he smiled, Eragon gave him a pleading glance, he tried to reach him with his mind, but Brom blocked him out. Eragon reluctantly stood, giving Siuahn a weak smile. He walked to the stables, walking up and down the hall looking for good, strong horses. He noticed Brom's horse Snowfire and took him out of the stall. He also brought five other horses. "So, do you ride often?" he asked Siuahn uncomfortably. "It all depends." she replyed coldly. They reached the field where everyone was busy getting ready. "Oh, good, you found Snowfire!" said Brom taking the horse's reins. Snowfire was a tall, muscley white stallion, and worthy of a noble rider, and Brom was that indeed. Eragon chose a bay horse for himself and saddled him. "You should name him." said brom. "I'm not good at naming things. But I will name you Cadoc." Brom looked at him. "It was the name of my grandfather." Eragon said rather embarresed.

sorry bout the godmodding akai!

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #83
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"And by usefull, you mean invisible and silent? I'll fly by myself, and be invisible, except to you, and I 'll make the rest of you invisible too."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:11 AM   #84
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"No, that will not be necesarry." said Brom, eyeing the girl. "I suggest that you ride the horse as well. I'm sure your dragon will not mind. And as for being useful, I meant help us get ready." he said. He loaded his saddlebag onto Snowfire. Eragon did th same to Cadoc. Brom came up to him, and gazed into his eyes. "Eragon, you will be faced with many things on this journey. Trials, in body and mind. People who you thought you knew like the palm of your hand, will surprise you." Eragon nodded. "I am ready, though I need training." he said. "Proper training will have to wait, but with the help of Banuien I will help you. Suiahn will get more training than she realized." Brom said with a smile.

Old 10-18-2003, 04:09 AM   #85
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien and Terin strode through the stables, passing Eragon and Siuahn in their search for the Elf’s horse. Siuahn was still being reserved around Eragon; Banuien poked her playfully in the back and muttered: <Shut up, Siuahn.> And continued to the back of the stables. Iavas flicked his proud head and neighed at the site of Banuien; he was the mixed colour of autumn leaves, like a brown-gold tabby cat. His main was black with streaks of palish gold as was his tail, and he was taller in stature than even Banuien.

“You will be riding Iavas;" she said to Terin, "For by my account he has never rejected any rider I have presented to him." She mounted her horse and steered him and Terin outside.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 02-27-2005 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:05 PM   #86
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

As everyone gathered in the field Brom said, "We have all come together, to fight against something that has kept us in bonage for a hundred years. The Empire will fall, this is the return of the dragon riders." He mounted Snowfire and headed towards the mouth of the valley that was hidden deep i the mountains. Eragon mounted Cadoc, picking up his reins. <Be safe little one, I will flying above you> said Saphira as she lept up into the air. <Be polite> <You too!> Saphira laughed. Eragon rode up to terin, "How is it?" he asked

Old 10-18-2003, 01:07 PM   #87
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

As everyone gathered in the field Brom said, "We have all come together, to fight against something that has kept us in bonage for a hundred years. The Empire will fall, this is the return of the dragon riders." He mounted Snowfire and headed towards the mouth of the valley that was hidden deep i the mountains. Eragon strapped Zar'roc to his belt, strung his bow, and mounted Cadoc. <Be safe little one, I will flying above you> said Saphira as she lept up into the air. <Be polite> <You too!> Saphira laughed. Eragon rode up to terin, "How is it?" he asked

Old 10-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #88
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:I'm not the only one it did the double post thing to. Anyway I'm assumeing you ment how was the riding.

IC:
"Well it's not eaxactly like riding a dragon though I'm sure it much the same princple." Terin said to Eragon acting like a no it all to this younger child. Eragon just smiled knowing that in this asspect he knew more than his older friend. <Hmph! It is not the same in any way shape or form I can assure you!> Camnete said insulted. <Oh, and how would you know? Have you ever riden a horse?> Terin asked Cream amused. <Now I must find Banuein to thank her.> Not knowing how to ride terin kicked her horse forward to hard and he took off at a gallop. Terin with a shreik fell to the ground. Eragon rode up and helped her on her feet, showing Terin she had a lot to learn about age and knowledge. Banuein rode up leading Iavas. "You'll want to be more gentle in the future." And rode off leaving Terin to get back on by herself.

OOC: Sorry for the godmoding! You know every time I see Eragon I want to say Aragorn. What's the name of that book Pip? I wanna read it.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 08:35 PM   #89
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc:The name of the book is Eragon, written by Christopher Paolini, who wrote it when he was 15! now he's 19 and working on Eldest, the next book. its amazing! I got my copy at Barnes&noble (my store!)

ic: Eragon smiled, "Just squeeze wuth your legs, and keep a firm hand on the reins." he said. <How is it?> he asked Saphira. <The air is thin, but flying is refreshing. I don't like you riding that beast you call a horse> she said. Eragon loved Saphira with all his heart, but he was glad he was not riding her at the moment. They rode to the mouth of the valley, "We are now leaving Dragonkin valley, soon we will arrive in Yazuac, a small town north of here.

Old 10-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #90
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

*whistles* "Raganok!" A Redish horse with a black mane ran up to her. "Good! He came this time." She hopped on his bare back, and removed the wings from her back. She carefully put them in her pack, and jumped on her horses bare back.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:23 AM   #91
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ooc: Lol I would've expected more training in horseriding supplied there, but meh. I don't know that much about horses myself, so Go Pip!

ic: <Just relax,> Banuien instructed, calling back from around fifty feet ahead of Terin. <The horse’ll get extremely aggravated if you're too rigid. They can tell when you’re nervous, so don’t be so stiff.>

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-19-2003 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:55 AM   #92
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: tee-hee I've been riding horses for almost three years. i think fim will catch up eventually!

ic: Eragon smiled, it almost felt good to see this know-it-all woman falter on the horse. Then he thought, 'She could probably kill me with her pinky.' "Sit heavier in the saddle, there you go." he said. They rode over a hill and down in the valley was a very small town. "There is Yazuac. There is an inn, Golden Globe. Be sure to hide your gedwey ignasia, and for goodness sake, don't use magic! You are all travelers, nothing important." he nudged Snowfire on. They arrived at th gate of the town and were let in after a little convincing of the gaurd. "Stable your horses here." Brom said pointing at the small stable. He tied Snowfire in a stall and Eragon did the same. They entered the inn, "We need two rooms." he said to the inn keeper. "Yes, sir, coming right up!" the man led them through the common room, towards thier rooms. The men in the room stared at them blankly. Once they arrived Brom said, "There are four beds in there for you," he said to the women. "Eragon and I will share a room." he said bidding them goodnight. "You may go to the common room, but remember what I said!" he led Eragon into thier room.

Old 10-19-2003, 02:18 AM   #93
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien strode into the room, and for the first time in front of her present company let her hair out. It fell down her back in thick kinks, stiff and curled from the strict plait. She turned to the other three.

"You can go to sleep, if you wish," she said. "I have no will for it." She stood outside, guarding the door to their room, her eyes wide and tireless.

<Siuahn,> she called softly. <Let me say something:> she sighed and wondered what exactly she could say to a girl in Siuahn’s situation. <I…would not have you feel in any way uncomfortable with your company,> she began uncertainly. <But please try to get on with Eragon. I do not believe him to be the misogynist or ogre-like stereotype that most men are portrayed as,> she considered adding 'in your mind', just for the sake of teasing Siuahn, but decided against it. <I do not think you would regret giving him a chance, if ever you should.>

Banuien dropped her gaze to the floor, listening for any response of Siuahn, but both her mind and the room were quiet. She looked up again, relatively disappointed but somewhat relieved. Therein, Banuien caught sight of Eragon; not expecting him to be so close, she had not bothered to limit her thoughts on him to Siuahn’s mind; she smiled kindly, but pushed her hair in front of her cheeks to hide her dark and reluctant blush.

"Were you thinking of going to the common room?" she asked gently.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-19-2003 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #94
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:HEY! I've riding since I was 8 I'm 15 so that's 7 years! Sorry, I just got a little miffed that people were thinking I couldn't ride.

IC:

<Camnete? Where are you staying for the night?> Terin asked Camnete. <Well there aren't any caves around but we found a nice secluded spot...Saphira seems to think that people come here often but there is nothing to indicate that they do. And as Nyaki and I have told her she stills has much to learn about humans. You know Nyaki's not that bad once you get to know her.> <Oh, you! Is that all you're going to be thinking of?> <Maybe, maybe not. It depends.> And with that Terin and Camnete went to sleep. One without dreams and with dreams of a painful bouncing up and down motion.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 06:14 PM   #95
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: kool fim! horses rock!

ic: "Yes, I think I am, you?" he replied stepping out of the room. Brom grasped the boy's arm, "Be careful! The King might have spies here, if you hear anything about the ra'zac, remember it!" he let Eragon go with a glare.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:05 PM   #96
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
OOC: Sorry I've been OOA (out of action) for so long everyone... Been gone the whole weekend. So... let's just pretend Siuahn's said close to nothing the whole trip. Which is actually pretty understandable, real iceblock she is... *slaps self* back to posting! (going to try out different buttons on her, and look like I'm smart... though I'll look stupid at frist)

IC:

Quote:
<Siuahn,> she called softly. <Let me say something:> she sighed and wondered what exactly she could say to a girl in Siuahn’s situation. <I…would not have you feel in any way uncomfortable with your company,> she began uncertainly. <But please try to get on with Eragon. I do not believe him to be the misogynist or ogre-like stereotype that most men are portrayed as,> she considered adding 'in your mind', just for the sake of teasing Siuahn, but decided against it. <I do not think you would regret giving him a chance, if ever you should.>
Siuahn stared at the ceiling, replaying Banuien's words in her head. Taking a slow breath she dropped her head in resignation and searched the woman out. <Banuien... It's not that i dislike Eragon himself, you should know that. I am just untrusting towards all men. He's likeable enough... > Pausing, she looked outside at the streets below, <I will do my best to get along with him. I won't have the lot of us fall to pieces just because I'm too fool-headed to give the boy a chance.> Unsure of whether Banuien had heard her even, Siuahn rose to the window and rested her elbows on its sill. Closing her eyes, she emptied her head, a dim feeling of amusement slowly growing in the expanse of her mind. <Siuahn? Is that you?> The woman smiled as Nyaki's voice floated in through the darkness. <Yes, Nyaki. How are you getting along with Saphira and Camnete?> <Oh, wonderfully! Camnete seems to be quite pleased as well.> Siuahn allowed herself a small laugh, <Well, what male dragon wouldn't. Being stuck with two young females must be horrible for him> <Siuahn! Don't make me remind you Eragon is a man the same age as yourself.> <Oh hush, Nyaki. I might come visit you tonight. Warn the others, I don't feel like being tosted. But for now I'm going to find something to eat... Maybe on of the others to talk to... Behave yourself. And stay out of trouble.> She pushed herself from the window and exited the room, hesitantly walking down the hall, unsure of where to go exactly. <Me stay out of trouble? You shouldn't be saying that, Siuahn!>

OOC: Sorry the post is so long, tryin' to catch up in a sense...

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 08:27 PM   #97
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Brom grabbed Suiahn by the arm, "Where are you going? you need to stay inside the inn, you young kids are really going to be the end of me!" he said. "I strongly suggest you stay up here or in the common room, but be quiet and stay unnoticed!" meanwhile downstairs, Eragon sat in a chair in the corner. He ordered a pint and looked around the room. There were many people, most townspeople, but some were obviously traveling. "They talked to you?" said a voice behind him. "Yes, and it was a frightful time at that! Thier voices were smooth and tempting, but horrible and terrifying at the same time. And those black cloaks that hid thier faces weren't a comfort either!" another voice replied. Eragon knew what they were talking about. Then thier voices were muffled, because they were whispering. 'Dang! I need to hear this!' Then he thought of something, 'atra eka horna!' he mumbled under his breath. Suddenly his hearing was sharpened, he could hear the two men clearly. "They asked about a young man, with an old man traveling, asking questions. Well I haven't seen anything of the sort." said the man. "Well they seemed pretty determined, we'd better keep a look out! Which way did they say they were going?" said the other man. "Towards Teerm." replied the other. Eragon stood, trying to hide his face. He hurried upstairs to his room.

sorry bout da long post!

Old 10-19-2003, 08:43 PM   #98
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn nodded to Brom. "I was going to the common room, Brom. Keep fretting like this and you'll make us be the end of you, you silly old man. Now go enjoy a pint or something of the like. I'll be down shortly." She watched as the man walked off grumbling, though she wore a slightly amused grin on her face. She gave a muffled shout as someone ran into her, in their hurry to get down the hall. "Why don't you wa-" She stopped in mid sentence when she realized who it was. "Eragon.... I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was you." She spoke quietly, her apology heart-felt. "Now, what's got you in such a hurry? You look like you've seen a ghost..." The kindness in her voice seemed to catch the man off-guard.

Old 10-19-2003, 09:34 PM   #99
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon leaned against the wall, trying to catch his breath. "There were two men, they were talking about the ra'zac, they are looking for me!" he said, his voice was riddled with fright. He knew he was supposed to be a brave rider, but he was worried sick. "What is it boy?" asked Brom. "The ra'zac were here, they asked about you and me. They don't know we are following them, i think. We can't stay here long, the two men are looking for us!" Brom's face was solemn. "We have to leave tonight." he said. "Suiahn, go find Banuien and Terin. Eragon get your things together and get the horses ready. I will contact the dragons and tell them to meet us outside Yazuac." Brom said. Eragon ran out the door and into the stables. He saddled all the horses and led them to the front.

Old 10-19-2003, 09:49 PM   #100
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn spun around on her heel and slipped down the hall silently, listening and feeling for Terin and Banuien both. She sensed Terin first; the girl was sleeping. Knocking on the door to her room brought no response, so she walked in abruptly, her eyes darting around, trying to spot Terin's form. Siuahn was nervous, she could feel the adrenaline rushing madly through her veins. The ra'zac, here and looking for Brom and Eragon. Suddenly, she felt the indifference she bore twoards Eragon slide away. He was in trouble, and as long as they were all with him, he needed their help. "Terin, get up! Hurry, on your feet. We have to leave..." The girl rose quickly to Siuahn's urging, though she seemed a bit put off at having to wake up. The two of them darted back down the hall, splitting up; Terin going to find Eragon and Siuahn going to hunt down Banuien.