Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 11:37 PM   #81
Vanimdil
Enting

Hey, it's cool to see pictures of some fellow entmooters and put some faces with names. Here's my picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faith.jpg (8.0 KB, 168 views)
Old 02-14-2002, 03:17 PM   #82
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Very cute, Starr, and very young.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:24 PM   #83
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

oh, yeah. Here's some pics of me...

http://www.geocities.com/bropous64/
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:22 PM   #84
The_Real_Legolas
Elven Warrior

hi

HELLO!!![SIZE=4]hi guys I want u to kno nobody is awnsering to my stuff!

One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them
LEGOLAS ROCKS & so do I! GO ARCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 05:23 PM   #85
The_Real_Legolas
Elven Warrior

Re: hi

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Real_Legolas
HELLO!!![SIZE=4]hi guys I want u to kno nobody is awnsering to my stuff!
sorry

Old 02-15-2002, 12:39 AM   #86
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Bropous, you look nothing like I thought you did. ::shrug::

Well of course it's young, I'm young (and fancy free, too )
Old 02-15-2002, 12:43 AM   #87
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Hmmm, bropous, I can picture you as Brollum all too well...

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 02-15-2002, 12:57 AM   #88
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

looks like a great place to live in, bropous.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 02-15-2002 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:46 AM   #89
notthatinnocent
Enting

Everyone's so pretty here. Well, I don't have a digital camera, or a scanner, so I'll leave my looks to ya'll's immagination for now.

-Laura
Old 02-15-2002, 08:50 AM   #90
orald
Enting

I usually avoid bropous,and his posts,which is not easy to do,since he is in so many threads,because of the negative comments he has made against good posters in the past(even caused some to leave entmoot).He seems to have changed his tune of late,siding with the administrators,and even toned down the name calling,and character defamation,but i'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get back at his old ways.I have to comment on his website.I live 20 minutes from the greatest cave complex in the world,and have been on many guided tours,some last 6 hours long,and require repelling,and wading in underground rivers up to your chest,and so on so forth,very rigoress,and I have been on casual tourist tours,and in all my cave adventures,never have I seen a guide use an Eveready flashlight which is not shockproof,like the blue one he is holding while he is in,supposedly an off limits part of a cave complex,those things cost $1.50,and you get the 2 d batteries for that price,if you guide people in caves,with this kind of equipment,don't drop or hit your light source.Headlamps are the choice of most cave explorers,while carrying an alternate light.That pic makes me think that he has over stated his tourguide role,and maybe he just does this on a novice level.About the third tour,even the most basic person would realize the importance of a shockproof lightsource,which makes me skeptical of the picture,and the comment made by him,about it.oh well,just had to point that out since I think he would have,if someone else had posted the same thing.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:21 AM   #91
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

And I think that if you want to flame him than you can use the PM instead of trying to degrade him in front of the whole moot!

You seem to know a lot about his flash light from seeing a PICTURE of it.

And if you think he is "champing at the bit" why are you giving him the opportunity to lash out at you?

And if he has toned everything down a bit, good on him!

(oh hang on a sec.....now I'm flaming you! hummmmm.... this is complicated........)

Last edited by Tessar : 02-15-2002 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:49 AM   #92
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Geez, orald, do you think you could possibly just go back to avoiding me?

1. I HAVE changed my style on the Moot after the last nasty flame war, bro. I'm not champing at the bit to get at anyone, and as for chasing people off the Moot, I never did so. If they left, it was of their own accord. I can't force anyone off the board, nor do I have that desire; furthermore, I ain't exactly seen you acting as the welcome wagon for new Mooters. As for siding with the administrators, like this is some big change of heart, I wasn't aware I had ever been anything but respectful of the moderators and administrators. They work hard, and I appreciate it.

2. As for caving, I am soooo glad you are 20 minutes from the "greatest cave complex in the world". However, unlike the casual tourist tour, the shots on the site are not of the main tourist areas, but waaaay back in the restricted areas (eat your heart out, as a guide, I have permission). As for my choice of light sources, as well as my other caving accoutrements, the photos do not show everything laid up below the view of the shot. My carbide headlight, hard hat, SIXTEEN back up batteries, three liters of water, waterproof/shockproof floodlight, extra socks and underwear, a pint of Irish Mist, rope, tape, glowsticks, tarp, gum, and other unmentionable commodities are not laid out in the shot for your perusal. As for the flimsy blue flashlight, it was used for sidelighting the formations, dude, and bloody well did just fine for the "tourist tours" of the paved, flourescent areas of caves to which you are accustomed. Heck, some guides do the tourist tours with a friggin' laser pointer. Sheesh. Don't presume to teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

Now. Had I been "champing at the bit", the above material would have been sarcasm-laced, irony-heavy, and sardonic in its bent. However, I remained polite, orald. Even at an advanced age one can change their stripes if they ain't blending into the background too well. I am quite heavy-hearted that I have posted on "so many threads" that you find it difficult to avoid my posts. May I suggest, in the interests of peace, you utilize the ignore feature, as have I for several Mooters, and just bloody well get over it.

Next time you have criticisms of a person's web page, friend, try using PM. Keeps this sort of thing off the main board, where it does not belong.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:56 AM   #93
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, after that word from our sponsors, back to the thread....

You ladies are a very attractive set of Mooters. Very nice photos, and it's nice to put a face with a name. Guys, I didn't look at your pics, heh heh heh....

But geez, Starr, what the heck did you think I looked like? LOL! Horns and wings? And Frodo Friend, I left off the brollum pics 'cause my camera won't work on weekend nights! And yes, Arathorn, this place is an incredible place to live in. The Rocky Mountains are simply unimaginable in their grandeur and majesty. I'll never move away from here. So, orald, you're safe, I'll never move into your neighborhood and bring down property values! Besides, son, them ain't mountains thar, them's hills.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:29 PM   #94
The_Real_Legolas
Elven Warrior

hi

[SIZE=4]HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #95
orald
Enting

Your right Tesseract12 I apologize,I should have kept my thought,and held my fingers.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:42 PM   #96
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
No, no, not horns and wings...just different. I try to form faces to the people I know online, like I do characters in a book.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:29 PM   #97
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Cool pics bropus. My grandparents and aunt & uncle & cousins just moved to Woodland Park, and I am dying to go up there! Your pics just make me more anxious... oh well, guess I'll just have to wait!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 02-16-2002, 09:18 AM   #98
Darth Tater
The man

Well folks, here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for. Liz (anduin) and Mike were originally in this pic, but she made me cut her out cause she thought she didn't look good. Looked a thousand times better then me, but anyways. Here it is, don't laugh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joshpic.jpg (9.7 KB, 766 views)
Old 02-16-2002, 04:28 PM   #99
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Tater -

If mike and Liz were in the picture, was that pic from when we were playing Risk or was it the morning after when you guys went back for breakfast?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-16-2002, 04:36 PM   #100