Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2003, 04:52 PM   #81
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

I am back. What a nice trip that was.

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bjork, Turbonegro, Chicane, Junky XL... so many known names

Oh, and I see things are somewhat in motion here. Great! Still I do not see how my character would interact with this without just playing around (which would be ok I guess, if I had time for such)
So I'll wait for a next post, hopefully from the current GM (wheather that is Lief or Mathron). Would've been nice to see this on the road again.

Oh, and welcome back Tessar You show up occassionaly
Old 07-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #82
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

We are back in business, folks!

Summary of my last two posts:

Dagankor escapes. Vahatres is freed from the enchantment. Dagankor is building up an army, telling them that Vahatres is now enslaved by traitors. Vahatres is trying to rally support with the truth. Aasinav and the Shadowhand are watching everything, and proceeding with their own plans. The party has learned that the Hytorax was only part of a larger scheme of the Shadowhand - and once they know more, Vahatres plans to send them to stop it, led by a recent arrival - Malagar, an emissary from Rivendell.

Enjoy!
Old 07-03-2003, 09:04 AM   #83
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah, great! Finally!

I have no time reading this now and reply. But I will hopefully get the time later today, or first thing tomorrow morning
Old 07-04-2003, 12:36 AM   #84
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
I'm leaving tomorrow on holiday so I won't be able to post for Imarwyn and Tareod for a whole month.
Fiddle. Well, we'll miss you. Thanks for keeping up on the RPG as well as you have .

I myself will be able to post today and tomorrow. I get a four-day weekend this week, because I'm taking two days off.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:09 AM   #85
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
Thanks for keeping up on the RPG as well as you have .

Ouch, that hurt. I could just HEAR the 'unlike Tessar who SAID he would be better about this one!'

No no I'm just kidding. I have been rather overloaded lately though.

{EDIT}

I just got time to read the new posts.

First of all brilliant Mathron . Every time I feel like I'm getting better some one just HAS to come along and post something like that! *pout* it's not fair!

Secondly I'm REALLY sorry I didn't take care of the Elise/King enchantment thing *blush*. Thanks for getting that all fixed up.

Last edited by Tessar : 07-04-2003 at 01:15 AM.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 06:58 AM   #86
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah, I agree with you Tessar. How you can write Mathron! Oh, and things are getting exciting here now Malagar is back with a vengeance Oh, and may we happen to get the whole region against us? things do not look good for poor Nered
Old 07-04-2003, 11:50 AM   #87
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

My remarks were entirely to Eärniel, Tessar, nothing pointed toward you .

Last night I was planning to post an announcement of Mathron's taking charge, but I got removed from the computer before I could manage it, and was unable to get on again, till it was very late, and by then I was too tired.

Anyway, as you already are likely aware, I have given my plot over to Mathron, and he is now helping take charge of the RPG. I will not be leading the new quest that emerges, and my characters, with the exception of Dagankor, will be not in the forefront of the action any more.

One thing I'm considering is our basically cutting off many of the quest members, the ones that have turned stagnant because their players aren't here. We're launching into a new quest, so now might be a useful time to drop them. We can shunt them into the army, or something. I think the quest might be funner if we eliminated many of the extraneous characters. What do the rest of you think?

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 07-04-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:25 PM   #88
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh, that thought wouldn't be a bad one. I am still contemplating on how Glimdrell will go about fighting this. Perhaps Fimbren would show him some moves with the sword? For right now, all Glimdrell has is his bow and dagger. Hmm... it could be interesting if Glimdrell did learn a little swordplay, but not enough to use it effectively in battle, something he personally learn and experience in the battle

ah well... good to see things moving again It has been long silent... nearly too long How long is it since Hytorax Part1 started now? I think we are close to 1 year... only a couple months more and we should be striving on into the 2nd year of this rpg
Old 07-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #89
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

We started it December of last year, so we're still some months from one year. Nevertheless, it has been pretty long .
Old 07-10-2003, 03:07 PM   #90
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

It has been long indeed

Oh, and I do not see my post fit in right now (any new ones that is) I kind of locked my character with my last post
Old 07-21-2003, 02:42 PM   #91
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Haha, this rpg always seems to hit the second page before the next reply is written... lately that is!

I am going to the military tomorrow, which sux! But I'm not afraid of loosing too much of the rpg, not with its current posting frequence. I could be gone for a month and would only need to read 2 posts or so

Ah well... I'll go for it, I'll make a little post to get it on the first page again
Old 07-22-2003, 01:16 PM   #92
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Hopefully things won't stay this slow forever. I'll be trying to move things along once a week or so, myself.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:16 PM   #93
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Goodie I am packing my things now... soon ready to leave for the military!

Like I said, I know not how much time I will have to get online there, or when I will have that oportunity.. I'll just have to wait and see!

Laters people!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #94
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

The army is tougher then I first thought

I finally found some time to get online... I'll do a short post, as I really don't have "much" time, and many other soldiers are waiting to get online as well... but I'm still here
Old 08-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #95
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Hi everyone, I'm back.

I'll read up the RPG and I'll try to put a reply by tomorrow. As soon as I figured out just what I'm going to post, that is.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:16 PM   #96
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Welcome back
Old 08-18-2003, 11:39 AM   #97
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Sorry for my absence these days, but I am really stuffed hard with things to do, both military and this new job I've been offered.

I am actually going to be hired to work on music for a game for 1 year, and it is even paid well! Eather I'll be doing the job together with the military (which would leave me with a 90 hours workweek in theory) or I'll quit military and travel to the US to work on the gamemusic with the team.

Eather way this is very exciting for me, and this is taking all my time. We are discussing this and that, and I am talking with the military stab, trying to work this out. So I'll just have to see what happens.

Oooi ooo!

All of you, go read "The Clerics Quintet" by RA Salvatore. It is totally awesome! It is a 5 book collection about this clerical priest, a female monk, a dwarven axe master and a dwarven would-be-druid. It is both filled with action, sorrow, drama, laughter and effective plotline. A good read!
Old 08-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #98
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: What? There's a new Hytorax? My God! I've been away too long. I used to play Boulderhead and the Gargoyle. So what's going on?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:06 PM   #99
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Arat: I've always been a fan of Salvatore's works, and the Cleric Quintet definitely is a good series. ~grin~

Zavron: Yep, Hytorax is going strong. To catch you up on the plot:

In the original Hytorax, the party recovered the artifact and returned to confront King Vahatres and Dagankor the sorcerer controlling him.

They entered - and Aasinav the sage revealed he was allied with Dagankor. He vanished, along with the Hytorax he carried. Dozens of soldiers appeared - they had been forewarned. The company was betrayed and imprisoned. So ended part I of the Hytorax.

Part II began with the party breaking free. They defeated Dagankor and freed Vahatres from the enchantment. Dagankor has since escape and begun causing trouble by rallying up soldiers from the countryside, persuading them that the king is now enspelled by *us*.

Meanwhile, the party is making their own preparations. An advisor, Malagar, has been brought in. Malagar fought and helped defeat Vardor, who had founded the Shadowhand. The party has learned that the capture of the Hytorax is only a small part of the Shadowhand's plans - and are preparing to go and learn more.

You're more than welcome back in, if interested! Things have been a bit slow lately, but hopefully will be speeding back up.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #100
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh, things have been really slow lately but as always, I'm sure we can hold.

I'll put in a short thingy