Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2002, 02:00 PM   #81
TolkienGurl
Hobbit

favorite book in the trilogy

Hmm. That's a tough question. I guess I don't really have a favorite per se, but I really like The Two Towers. Man, do I LOVE battles! Ya know, I heard the battle of Helm's Deep is going to be 45 minutes long in the movie. Yay!
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:19 PM   #82
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Sorry if I have replyd to this yet, I'm not sher. My favorite book was ROTK.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:21 PM   #83
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Re: favorite book in the trilogy

Quote:
Originally posted by TolkienGurl
Hmm. That's a tough question. I guess I don't really have a favorite per se, but I really like The Two Towers. Man, do I LOVE battles! Ya know, I heard the battle of Helm's Deep is going to be 45 minutes long in the movie. Yay!
45 minutes in Helms Deep??? Where did you here that? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 10-26-2002, 04:06 PM   #84
TolkienGurl
Hobbit

Gandalf 45 minutes of battle

I heard it from some people on another LOTR website I'm a member of: www.barrowdowns.com The info comes from a trustable source, don't worry!
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:32 PM   #85
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I'm not sher if I could live through 45 minutes of one battle!!! I may not see this one as many times as I saw the first one! Oh, wate, I spent alot longer then 45 minutes reading about Helmes deep, or at least another battle. Hmmmmmm, this might be intresting....

Anyways, that was a nice detare, but lets get back on topic please!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:08 PM   #86
Finglas
Enting

My favourite is definitely The Two Towers. And Helm's Deep is the best chapter.
Quote:
Branched lightning smote down upon the eastern hills. For a staring moment the watchers on the walls saw all the space between them and the Dike lit with white light: it was boiling and crawling with black shapes, some squat and broad, some tall and grim, with high helms and sable shields
That line always makes a really creepy mental image. I hope that the movie does a good job with it. 45 min. long! I can't wait
Old 10-30-2002, 07:53 PM   #87
Telperion
Enting

I'm not too sure about 45 minutes of Helms deep. I mean, it is improtant, but still... Oh well. i'll see what the movie is like before I say anything more

Aim for the stars, if you miss, you'll at least land on the moon!

He who is made of air should not accuse the wind.

My mind wanders.
"Not all those who wander are lost."
Therefore, my mind is not lost.
Now, my question to those of you who doubt my sanity is this: How can someone who has not lost their mind be insane?
Telperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:08 AM   #88
Entlover
Elven Warrior

This is what PJ says about the 40 minute long battle rumor in an interview: "No, it has never been 40 minutes, and I think it would be fairly dull if that were the case . . . the battle probably begins 40 minutes before the end of the film, but we don't just stay with the battle, we have things happening elsewhere, We are intercutting with Frodo and Sam's story, and . .. with Merry, Pippin and the Ents. We go other places during the course of the battle. . . Over the course of that last 30 minutes, there is probably 15 minutes of battle. . . . There is no doubt that if we do an extended DVD version of the TT, which I presume we will, there will be no problem with making a longer version of Helm's Deep."

(Sorry, I got off topic).
My favorite book -- how can you separate them? The first, I guess, cause Hobbiton is so cool . . .but the Scouring of the Shire is great too.

Last edited by Entlover : 10-31-2002 at 05:10 AM.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:40 AM   #89
olsonm
Elf Lord

Favorite book

Since it's not a trilogy, I'll pick Book II (The Journey of the Nine Companions). From Rivendell to Moria to Lothlorien and down the Great River to the Breaking of the Fellowship: it's my favorite. But they're all so good it was still a difficult choice.