Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2002, 11:02 PM   #81
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

AHEM! Allow me to be the first to say . . . LET'S GET SOME ACTION GOIN' HERE!!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 11:54 PM   #82
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Whyyyy do you insist on rushing it? We'll get there, just be patient. *sigh*
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 12:07 AM   #83
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

"I don't wanna wait . . . for our lives to be oooover, yeah!"
Paula Cole, but it fits here!

Come ooooooon, Feraway!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 02-18-2002, 12:09 AM   #84
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Yeah, me and FrodoFriend already divised an awesome elvish talisman that would go great with the plot. I think it's about time we had some actual fun with this. ACTION!!!
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 12:34 AM   #85
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Uuh....huh? Do tell...? You guys kinda gotta let ME know about this stuff, I am the GM (Game Master) Its my job to move this thingy along and describe things such as and includeing ooh saaay, ancient elven talismans....an stuff (I kinda had a plan already for that)...I'm interested tho, tell me what you got
Old 02-18-2002, 12:42 AM   #86
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Then get cha booty on AIM and let's chat
Old 02-19-2002, 11:35 AM   #87
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

*whine* FF, *Pleeeeaaasse* dont write for my charecter. And Gwen didnt come up and get me, she had just CALLED for me. Theres no upstairs either...but its my fault cause Ididnt mention that, sorries. Anyway.. could you go back and re-do/take(wichever) out that last little part about Me and Gwen? please?, then I can write my part,and stuff IS comming.

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 02-19-2002 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2002, 04:51 PM   #88
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

For future reference, I hate pepsi. ]: )
Old 02-19-2002, 06:15 PM   #89
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Hrmm? oh yes, that. Yes thats why people should only write for their own charcters in Rps...that way everyone always has complete control over what their charecter does and how they react to things. Writeing for other peoples charecters is called god-modeing, not a good thing.

The GM will occasionally wirte for the other chars but its not the same. Te GM only makes sure the charecters GET to where they need to be, usually sets the setting and introdices elements. For the most part, thats the extent of it really.

I really hope this stuff isnt being taken as me being a control freek, I'm just running this thing as I've always been taught to. Twas how the roleplayers before me learned it and its how I play it...but anyway... Cookie anyone? ^_^
Old 02-19-2002, 06:29 PM   #90
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Come on you guys we've been doing GREAT as a team. I've been meaning to ask you Feraway but have you other Forumers to play the parts of Frodo,Merry and Pippn? And I dont mean to whine but WHEN is the action coming, I hope it's soon.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 07:00 PM   #91
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Yup, got players for all of them, Wayfarer has volunteered to play Frodo and some others have volunteered to play Merry and pippin.

Action is comming up very soon, just as soon as FF can edit that little bitty part, I'll type my next entry (stuff will start to happen then) it wont be much longer now, but yall just gotta chill, if we rush it now, we'd wind up rushing throughout the rest of the game and then it wouldnt be any fun.

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 02-19-2002 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:49 PM   #92
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Jeez, I fixed it already. And I also hate Pepsi. But can't we just let little things like that go? I feel really shackled here. You and Gwen had to come back down sometime, you could've just written what happened "in the meantime" upstairs, and it would've been fine.

Whatever you write, it'd better be good!

Old 02-19-2002, 11:24 PM   #93
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Warning Rant comming: I'm getting very stressed whole thing and it needs to be let out. This is not meant to be totally mean for no reason but this stuff has got to be said or I am going to go insane.This is NOTHING PERSONAL towards ANYONE in particular. Please everyone, read this carefully and dont get pissed at me, I'm just trying to explain where I stand.

*AHEM*
I am TRYING to do this thing as best I can. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME BEING A GM FOR A GAME. Do NOT get on my back about how to write when you havent Role Played this way before to begin with. I'm TRYING to explain to you guys how its done and all you people can do is freekin WHINE about it. T_T.

"Why cant I do this? why cant I do that? why cant this FREEKIN change color? Why cant I write for this person?"

BECAUSE THAT HOW THE GAME IS BEING RUN. I am the GM and its the HARDEST job in the game, and it only gets harder when things have to be explained again and again and again. While YOU have control over what YOUR charecters do and say its MY job to contol the WORLD that your charecters are in and most of the objects IN that world. Essentially the GM IS GOD. Thats just how it is. If you were GM then it would by YOU who says how the game is run, I am running mine this way. THATS HOW ROLEPLAYS WORK.

~*READ THIS PART VERY CAREFULLY*~
WE are NOT writeing a story here, we are more like playing parts in a stage production, but instead of going from a scrip your given a situation and you make it up as you go along. In a play YOU DONT SAY OTHER PEOPLES LINES and you dont perform their parts either.
~* *~

And regaurding weapons, if your charecter has no skill in building them or weilding them YOU DONT HAVE THEM. And if your charecter is interested in makeup and guys ooor other things that have no relevance to weaponry, there is little to no chance of your charcter at any time gathering knowledge about such things as swords og whatever.Period. I mean, think about it.

Please, dont hate me because of this rant. A roleplay is nothing worth breaking up a freindship over. This thing is sposta be fun, but it has structure to it wich keeps it flowing a cirtain way. And there no point in rushing it either becuase then the story is flat. If this is something we're going to wind up fighting over I would much rather close it and save it for another day when we all a have a bit more experience. The last thing I want is a fight.

END RANT. *sigh* ..ok I'm finished.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:00 AM   #94
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Hey, nobody said anything about breaking up friendships. I would never get that upset.

But honestly, I'm not having very much fun. If you don't mind, I'll just quit now; it's not like you need my character or anything. Just kill her in your next post or something. This really isn't my thing, and I'd probably just give you a lot of trouble (like I have been ). Anyway, have fun!

Old 02-20-2002, 12:14 AM   #95
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Hey, Sam? Your PM box is full, and I can't reply to your PMs until you make some room in it. That's why I haven't been responding, it won't let me. Anyway, I like your correspondence idea, and if you want I'll go for it. Will be doing the webpage too, I'll PM you about it when you get your box fixed!

Old 02-20-2002, 12:40 AM   #96
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

...eh? kill? uh, no I dont think so..um..I think I'll just ask Mathron to close it...and leave it at that. I actually had a fealing it would come to this actually *sigh* oh well, on to other things I spose.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:43 AM   #97
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

You don't have to close it on my account. Everyone else seems to be getting on fine. They might get upset or something.

Old 02-20-2002, 12:47 AM   #98
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I feel a little threatened there, Feraway. Just because my character (as well as me) is into makeup and boys doesn't mean she can't be interested in other things as well - she's not all about looks and hormones. Example: my brother bought wooden swords and staffs from online and he and I practice fighting with them outside every weekend for about two hours each day. It's lots of fun. Then, there's my love for darts (I'm not that good, though, but it's great to play). See where I'm getting at?
Old 02-20-2002, 12:54 AM   #99
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Alright, yes, there are exceptions. My appologies RE, its just for the most part, thats usually how things are ya know?..gah ..it dosnt matter anymore anyway.

I'm not closeing it because of you, FF, I'm haveing it closed becuase its just not working out. we keep getting hung up on things and I feel that its only going to escalate (and it would if I were to let it go on). I want to avoid that at all costs.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:15 PM   #100
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Oh well... *sighs* Adios, DWOL.