Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2004, 11:30 PM   #81
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Talim expertly swung her blades, taking out elves two at a time.
"97" she said to herself, trying to calm her nerves. A very feisty elf, with a huge mace came running up to her. He was tall, very tall and muscular. She ducked as he swung his weapon. She outstreched her arms and spun around, catching him at both knees. Her enemy lay smitten.
"98 draconia!" she said calling to a near by elf, dressed in elvish armour. Something was different about this elf, he hhad two black strips tied around his arms. The elf smiled and winked.
She laughed and killed another elf in front of her. Suddenly, something hit her right knee from behind, she crie ou in pain, and caught her enemy in the ribs. She faltered in her step,
"99" she said playfully.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:41 AM   #82
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Laurana held tightly to her friend's waist as they ran far ahead the rest, Yinali crying gladly, his armour flashing in the sunlight. Laurana joined his voice with her own, and the wind carried the cry away, to blow with the standard of gold upon the wind. For glorious moments the mage could not breathe for the wonder of the ride to meet the enemy, and her voice carried on and on. Then, they hit the dwarvish lines and the work began.
Yinali slashed left and right, slashing a path, a thunderbolt cleansing and burning all he touched. Laurana held on with her knees as she had been taught, standing and feeling the magic flow through her fingertips and staff in a wild rush. She took that energy and gripped it with her will, lost in the sheer ecstatic power and joy of it all. The magic went where she directed it, channeling through the staff and out into a real lightening bolt that wreaked devestation upon the enemy.
The dwarves soon became wise and began targeting the mage instead of the general, but not effectively. She did not even have to spend any energy trying to protect herself. But then someone long and lithe launched themselves into the air. The moments slowed as Laurana watched them fly closer. In reality, she never even had a chance to scream.
The elf fell from the horse, fell into darkness with the other pushing her down, down into the earth, down into night.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:19 AM   #83
Kalile

hey, since Pip was so kind in providing a pic, I will too. It's the best I could find, it's not really meant to be my character, but it kinda looks like Laurana and Yinali. Except Laurana wears black.

Laurana and Yinali (sort of)
Old 01-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #84
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: I've been trying to post a link to a pic, but it doesn't seem to work... oh well. I want to post!!!!

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

Last edited by Nariel : 01-03-2004 at 03:03 PM.
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 03:51 PM   #85
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"99!" I yelled, shifting into a woman with catlike reflexes, and upon killing another 11 I shouted "110!' As I heard Talim cry out in pain. "You alright?" I asked Talim.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:33 PM   #86
Kalile

Well, I guess my character will just be left for dead after she was knocked off and out from a horse's back. No, don't worry about her, I'm sure she'll survive a battle with running dwarves and elves.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:36 PM   #87
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Hendel became seperated from Kâri a not long after the Elves caught up to them. Hendel didn't have time to notice, because a large, cruel-looking Elf had singeld him out. He parried a blow and threw all his weight into his enemy. The startled Elf fell, and was soon finished.

ooc: I'll try to find a pic

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:15 AM   #88
Kalile

Ooc: Cruel looking elf? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Ic: Laurana was dragged back into consiousness by the running feet that hit the ground quite near her head. She wondered why she was still alive when a dwarf appeared above her.
"The mage is still alive!" Laurana swung upward with her staff, and the dwarf disappeared with a groan. She pushed down the fierce ache in her head and sprang to her feet, brandishing the staff. She threatened them with it, but truly she only had enough energy to defend, for the lightening was used up and she was tired. Some of the men outside her field of vision were struggling, fighting on their own instead of together.
"Yinali! Yinali! Rally to Yinali!" Laurana cried, pointing to where their Commander's flag was seen with one hand and keeping dwarves at bay with threatening hand gestures. They did as she told them, but she was left surrounded by dwarves, and her blood went cold.
Mages were sought after as prisoners because of their lack of combat training and relatively weak physical fortitude. Add this to the fact that iron rendered magic unusable, and that mages usually had a lot of information, and everyone wanted to capture a magic user.
Laurana decided to try and make them kill her. She launched herself at them with a battle cry and struck with her staff in all directions. The adrenaline in her blood was especially strong, and she whirled the staff like a demon, even finding the energy to cast a few small lightening streams that would stun an enemy for hours. Finally, though, a glancing axe stroke cut into her left knee, and she staggered. Instantly the dwarves were upon her, but by now it only took one to overpower and bind the elf's wrists.
As she blacked out, Laurana heard the leader of the small group to get going to fight more elves, then she was swung into the air and carried. That was when she let go and fainted.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:04 AM   #89
Aewionen
Elf Lord

The battle in the forest was over sooner than Ralen thought it would be since he and the rest of his company had the element of surprise. Not many of the men were injured but most of those that were had serious injury. Ralen himself has bleeding from blows on his side and head. Blood dripped into his eyes making everything blurry. It was not long he felt a white hot pain searing his side. He fell to his knees and gripped his side, wincing from the pain. Soon, it became to much, and he fell to the ground unconcious.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:01 AM   #90
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

whoa, everyone seems to be fainting, lol. Glad you like the pic, I always liked her. btw, is that charlie sheen in your piccy kalile? probably not.

ic: "I think so." said Talim, stumbling to the ground. 'or not' she thought to herself. A muscular elf, who brandished a broad sword stood over her. He looked at her with malice and hate. He shot her an evil smile, as if he was waiting to kill her untill the opportune moment. She gritted her teeth and crossed her arms. The elf lifted his sword, ready to strike. Finding this the right moment, she flund her arms out, searing his legs in two. The elf howled in pain as Talim struggled to stand. She put all her weight into her left leg and fought off enemies. As long as she didnt move, she was okay.
"105...106....107" she called as she killed the elves.
"Watch out Draconia, I'm catching up!" she yelled over the noise of battle.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:51 AM   #91
Kalile

Nope: Is Mia, from Golden Sun! Great game. Everyone buy it.

Well, I can't really post much more until another character takes charge of me as a prisoner or until the battle is over when I can post for the elves when they find out she's missing and Yinali declares everlasting doom upon your heads. So until then, I wait impatiently!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:26 AM   #92
Legoles

"136! You're losing Talim!!" I slashed a burly man in the chest, then turned, and smacked another one in the side of the head. "Hmm, a prisioner. Good looking one too[dumb thought]. Anyway... 139!!!"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #93
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"139?" exclaimed Talim amazed. She dismembered an elf's arm, and swung around, taking out another three.
"110." she said to herself, hoping Draconia hadn't heard. There was a line of horses heading right toward her, about 15. She smiled, now was the time to catch up. She grabbed a rope out of her belt and ran from one end of the line to the other, tripping them all.
"125!" she said triumphantly. She swung her two blades as if the were extensions of her arms. They were on the upper hand of the fighting, and all the elves were almost taken care of. A small patch of them surrounded the captive, but they were soon surrounded. Talim sighed and stood beside Draconia,
"So, what was your count?"

Old 01-06-2004, 04:04 PM   #94
Nariel
Elven Warrior

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! Nasty Fimbrethil!!!!! Post already, will you!!!! You're driving me nuts!!! I can't post until you do!

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Old 01-06-2004, 08:51 PM   #95
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ummm...people...if I'm gonna be in this, we need a way 4 my Char to get in on the action. and I will reveal the name of my sword, the name that no one in the game knows....*that means no chars.* dun dun dun dun ANDURIL *and yes I am serious, it was passed down my family line, not the other, and so... I have it* neway, get me a way in, remember, I AM A GOOD GUY, NOT UNDER THE EVIL KING, I HATE THE EVIL KING!!!
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:57 PM   #96
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: Nariel sweety I did post. It wasn't much but you could have responded to it. Geuss I'll post again.

IC:
"Damn!!! How did we lose?!"
"Well, sir, the rebels knew we were there." Carnevele resonped.
"I know that!"
"They have had scouts and runners we didn't know about."
"Well I know of one oerson we have they don't know about."

*In Quin's "cell" *

"Gravedigger! I have a job for you! You will go find the rebels. In 10 to 12 days you will return to me without the rebels having gained knowledge of you and you will have information on them to give me. Like just how many they have of each race and I have reason to suspect a shapeshifter in their midsts. I also want a count of the scouts and runners they have. You will be given the swiftest horse we have and food and traveling gear and some weapons, you will be taken to the armery by Cairnvele here and you can chose the ones you would like to take. If you are caught...well then I suppose you dig your own grave."

*Back in his study*
"I want vampires on my side!"
"Well then sir I have good news for you." Lagarkath said coming out of the shadows.
"I know you are on my side but I want more!"
"You have them. My family for one...we have heard there is one or even a few who have jioned the rebels and we want to show them how...disappionted we are." Largarkath said with a sly grin.
"How many? I want an accurate count."
"To be quite honest it's not much but I have still convinced them and they are all of fighting caliber."
"How many?!"
"50 my Lord."
"Better than none I suppose."
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:12 PM   #97
Nariel
Elven Warrior

ooc: *turns bright BRIGHT red*... sorry Fim... didn't see that one...

ic:
Quin thought for a minute. "Spy on the rebels in exchange for my life? Very well. You have my allegiance, Majesty." She bowed almost mockingly. "Once my clothes are clean and dry, I shall take with me only the things which I brought. That will be all I require. And you have my word that I will not be caught. I will come through."

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Old 01-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #98
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:No prob bob...even though your name isn't bob. 90 second rule! eesh!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:38 PM   #99
Legoles

"159!!!" You are losing Talim!!!!" I said running up trees, and kicking hte brains outt'a people.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #100
Nariel
Elven Warrior

The next morning, Quin made her way quietly out of the palace and into the forest which she had found several days before to be a Rebel hiding place. She approached, silent as a shadow. She wanted to do as much spying as possible before she had to actually speak with someone. For several hours she watched, picking up bits of information, before someone approached. She remained hidden, and the man walked by. But he stopped. He looked at the ground, and then directly at her.
"And what do you think you're doing, miss?" he asked.
"Please, sir," she replied, sheepishly. "I only wished to make sure this was the right group before making myself visible."
"And what group is that?" he said defensively.
"The group which believes that the king is insane."
"Indeed? What is your name?"
"Rillen, sir. Of Irillet by the sea."
"Well, then, Rillen of Irillet, I welcome you to our band."

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor