Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-30-2001, 01:45 AM   #81
UnStashable
Enting

I thought he Finrod had wished to marry but it was with a Vanyar elf (cant rember her name and waaaay to tired to try and find it)who didn't come to M.E. and so he stayed single for or something like that.
Old 12-30-2001, 02:09 AM   #82
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I looked through the index and looked up the pages where he was in Valinor. I couldn't find anything about a fiancee or what not. Although it is VERY possible that I am wrong look through it when you've woken up enough
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 02:39 AM   #83
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

finrod's love was amarie (AKA sister golden hair)

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 09:45 AM   #84
Banazir
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by crow

Anyway, blond hobbits are rare. Most are brown-haired and brown-eyed. Arrgghh! Elijah Wood has blue eyes! Inaccuracy! Read the books!
Blond hobbits are rare, but it doesn't mean they don't exist. Can anyone prove that Frodo isn't blond? Or red-haired, say? And why couldn't he have blue/green/grey eyes? The book doesn't really say anything about his looks.

P.S. In the movie, EVERYONE has either blue or green eyes.

P.P.S. It seems that many of those who picked Frodo are influenced by Elijah's angelic baby-face. Not that it's wrong, of course; but it's funny.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:39 PM   #85
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Banazir
[B]

Quote:
Blond hobbits are rare, but it doesn't mean they don't exist. Can anyone prove that Frodo isn't blond? Or red-haired, say?
It is true that it was rare, but if IIRC, all of Sams children were born with golden hair because of his love for Elves.
Quote:
P.S. In the movie, EVERYONE has either blue or green eyes.
Unless they gave Orlando Bloom (Legolas) colored contacts or something, his eyes are brown.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 04:24 PM   #86
Banazir
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Unless they gave Orlando Bloom (Legolas) colored contacts or something, his eyes are brown.
My mistake. I didn't think of him, AND of John Rhys-Davies (Gimli).
Old 01-02-2002, 04:54 PM   #87
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Banazir

My mistake. I didn't think of him, AND of John Rhys-Davies (Gimli).
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I saw Bloom in several pics. Do you know if they colored up his eyes? An Elf with brown eyes would be totally inconsistant to the books.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 05:24 PM   #88
Banazir
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I saw Bloom in several pics. Do you know if they colored up his eyes? An Elf with brown eyes would be totally inconsistant to the books.
I actually couldn't make out the color of Bloom's eyes in the movie, they seemed either brown or green. So I'm not sure if they gave him contacts or not. But as there are quite a few things in the movie that aren't consistent with the books, I assume they could just have an elf with brown eyes.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:42 AM   #89
illogik
Sapling

rosie cotton, at least from her looks in the movie.. what a hottie, the hight difference will be a problem tho.. what with my being 6`5 and her bring all of around 2`11

we would set about making a whole new breed of 3/4 sized humans with hairy feet...
illogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:56 PM   #90
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Yes... he wore blue contacts. I saw him put them on while watching Passage to middle earth.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 06:09 PM   #91
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Location: only after 11pm and in an altered state of conciousness
Alas I am doomed to be forever torn between Aragorn and Boromir. *sigh*
Lady Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 01:33 AM   #92
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I fell in love with Galadriel when I read the books as a kid, and fell even more deeply in love when I saw the Brothers Hildebrandt paintings of her! She'd be my choice.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 07:32 AM   #93
Banazir
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by CardenIAntauraNauco
Yes... he wore blue contacts. I saw him put them on while watching Passage to middle earth.
Really? Then I should have watched better. Thanks for clearing this up.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:32 AM   #94
ChildofEru
Hobbit

Galadriel is the reason I wake up in the morning.
In all reality any female Elf would be a wonderful mate.
I honestly believe that if elves existed today they would resemble something a geek, only more physical.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:16 AM   #95
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

But to be honest, there are only three choices for the straight guys as a mate in LotR: Arwen, Eowyn, and Galadriel. Goldberry's taken.

The ladies have far more choices...

To reflect the title of another thread, "It ain't fair"!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:31 AM   #96
Kamyel
Hobbit

Hmmm this is a tough one. It's either Legolas or Aragorn.

*sigh*

Kamyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 01:37 AM   #97
hama

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Vanimdil

you'll have some stiff competition from SISTER GOLDEN HAIR over finrod

several women here have mentioned strider over aragorn

i like the character of strider better myself

why do you women like him
Strider OVER Aragorn? Unless he has some gymnastic abilities that I am not aware of, it would be difficult for Strider to be over Aragorn in any sense of the word. Of course I believe in character development as much as anyone, I am curious how one would choose one person over the same person?
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 03:05 AM   #98
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

hama, she's probably wanting Strider over Aragorn in a subtle attempt to arrange a menage-a-trois. Of course, she could get Elessar to join in too, for a full-blown orgy. LOL! Girl's gettin' greedy!

Maybe he/he/he will have to change clothes repeatedly and real fast....and move around a lot!
Old 01-08-2002, 03:33 AM   #99
easterlinge
Elven Warrior

What! Nobody's interested in Lobelia Sackville-Baggins?
Old 01-08-2002, 12:15 PM   #100
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

uh, in a word, NO, easterlinge! LOL!