Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2003, 11:43 AM   #81
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

yea, let's go!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:01 PM   #82
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Hmm...I feel slightly left out your gone for a day and look at what happens. Though I don't think I can talk as Sane and I made about that many posts between us. I think I'll use this thread as an advertising thread(just this once so don't worry). We need our old members(or new ones) to come back to Pretend Gandalf got the One Ring thread. Thanks!

Well if were doing a different mission than the one we had started do we need different to be different people or can we just be your old characters?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:34 PM   #83
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

Fimbrethil, I need you to PM me with the name of that website where you got your sig. PLEASE??? I realy need to know the website's name!

Jesus scares the "hell" out of people! He rocks!

http://linwe.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Silme*Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:47 AM   #84
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: what do you mean "cant talk as Sane"? what does that mean? Oh and Silme, go to Google and type in the "very secret Diaries" and you'll get it!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 11:00 AM   #85
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

Really? Thanks!

Old 07-23-2003, 11:43 AM   #86
anarion
Enting

Location: Born in Lousiville, KY. Living in Laguna, Philippines
ooc: I'm sorry Fimbrethil, i wasn't trying to change anyones plans, I was under the immpression there wasn't a plan, so I was just trying to get us started.
I'm up for anything like I said.
Anarion

Last edited by anarion : 07-23-2003 at 11:46 AM.
anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 11:49 AM   #87
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Dont worry, you changed no ones plans, she is talking about a different Rpg. GO ahead and start, we will back you up when the thing is under way.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:43 PM   #88
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Oops I'm getting my threads mixed up so sorry. And Sane what I meant when I said "as Sane and I made that many posts between us" was that when everyone else was away and you and I were on we made alot of posts not really talking about this thread it was just one long OOC disscussion.

Edit:Yeah Silme thats where I got it. If you want to read something sort of like the very secret diaries go read Pretend Gandalf got the One Ring.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"

Last edited by Fimbrethil : 07-23-2003 at 01:45 PM.
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:38 PM   #89
anarion
Enting

OOC: Ok then, and this is as always subject to Silme's approval [cause it's her thread

My character posts this notice on the door out side the Prancing Pony in Bree.

ic: ************NOTICE***************

WOODSMAN AND ARCHER, SEEKS VALIANT COMPANIONS OF SKILL AND CUNNING TO JOIN HIM ON A NOBLE QUEST.

AN EQUAL SHARE OF VAST RICHES AND GREAT RENOWN SHALL BE THE REWARD FOR A SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF OUR TASK!

BUT BE WARNED ALL THAT RESPOND: THE RISK MAY BE GREAT AND I DO NOT EXPECT ALL TO RETURN: ONLY THOSE OF STOUT HEART AND NOBLE CHARACTER NEED APPLY:

ALL INTERESTED INQUIRE WITHIN

ANARION
OOC:
I walk into the inn,(to which I have never been before) and amble over to the bar after carefully surveying the room.

A: hullo and well met barkeep.
Barkeep:Greetings stranger how may i be of service to you?
A:I wish to rent one your private rooms, and procure one of your finest bottles of wine.
BK:why, yes my good sir, the room on the right should suit your needs, and here is the very last bottle of "old Winyards" that is known to exist, will there be anything else my lord?
A:no that will be all thank you, here you go my good man, and keep the change for all of your hospitality.
BK:Why thank you my lord, a most generous tip, and please feel free to stay as long as you like, I am Butterbur at your service.
A:You are most welcome, and my name is Anarion... If anyone should ask for me, please send them to see me in the back room.

OOC: all players that come in should get my whereabouts from Butterbur, and come into my room.
In the room they will see a 6' 5'' tall man with long black hair and a well trimmed beard, with jade green eyes, and wearing elven chainmail, and a dark green hooded cloak(which is drawn up over my head and partially concealing my face and features)he is armed with The elvish longbow "Silver Streak" which is a mundane exceptional quality shaft of malorn, and the magical fillet of mithril string that gives it it's enchanted qualities, he is also armed with the set of ranger swords "Hammer and Anvil" which were given to him by his father on his assention to manhood ceremony.
Anyway this is the best i can do on short notice, so if anybody else in the party doesn't like it, we can do something else.
anyway i'll check back and see who shows up, and what you all think.
Anarion
Old 07-23-2003, 06:40 PM   #90
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

It sounds like a good plan I'm in if Silme likes it. Like you said, its her thread.

HEY SILME! GET BACK HERE WE NEED YOUR OPINION!!!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 07-23-2003, 07:19 PM   #91
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

OOC: Heres my opinoin.

Silme walked to the Prancing Pony for a night in the inn. She was wearing a black cloak and hood, hiding her sword Osirus, Star of Mirkwood. She appened to see the notice on the door. After a few moments of reading she walked in. "Hello."Said the Elf. "Good evening to you young miss, might I get you anything? We have several warm and comfy bedrooms to your liking. I am Barliman Buterbur (sp?) and here at your service."He replied. "Why yes, you can help me. I would like any room availible and the whereabouts to this Anarion." She answered. After buterbur explained things, she left to her room and set her throwing and hidden dager on the bed along with her quiver, bow and arrows. Then she headed to this misterios man's room. She reached the door and knocked three times upon it.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:18 AM   #92
anarion
Enting

IC: Enter and welcome!

OOC:
@... I will use this as my mark from now on as I love roleplaying but hate typing lol....
Man I love this guys, i haven't gotten to play d& d in years.....
Thnx again to you all for welcoming me into your party.....
@
Old 07-24-2003, 10:01 AM   #93
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

OOC: Silme, did you know that your sword has the name of an ancient Egyptian god? (Except I think that his was spelled Osiris, not sure) Sorry, I thought that was interesting. I'm fascinated by ancient religions.

OOC: I'm Dreran the Green in this rpg, right? I forgot...

IC:

It was a dark night outside, and the wind had a cold bite to it for travellers wandering the Road. A small figure in a grey cloak and flowing green robes and dress was passing through Bree. She had meant to go right through without stopping, but she was tired, and cold, and hungry. She stopped at the only place worth stopping: The Prancing Pony Inn. She read the notice on the door and smiled to herself before entering. "Hello!" said Dreran, "I would like a room for the night, if you have any."
"Yes, yes, of course! I'm Barliman Butterbur, and welcome to the Prancing Pony! If there's anything you need-"
"Yes actually, can you tell me where I can find this Anarion?" Butterbur nodded. "You're the second one to ask that, just down there" He pointed to the room farthest down a hall to her right.
"Thankyou."
Dreran went first to her own room and left her cloak, travel pack, and weapons-all except her staff, which she would not be found anywhere without-in a chair by the bed. She made her way to the man called Anarion's room. She knocked, and was bid to enter.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #94
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

OOC: The @-sign is a good idea. Mine will be-£

£"I came about looking for adventure and I saw your notice on the door."She walked into the room and stood 5 feet in front of him. "Will you let me join? I am not afread to die. And I am tuffer than I appear."

Old 07-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #95
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Aewionen walked into the Prancing Pony and asked for a room. She was also about to ask about Anarion when he said, "Right down there, you are the third one." Aewionen smiled, "Thank you." She went to her room and left her sword and bows hidden by the bed and went to the other room. Aewionen knocked on the door and waited.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:11 PM   #96
anarion
Enting

OOC: Let's assume for the sake of time constraints that Dreren, and Silme show up and knock together....And Aewionen comes after....

IC:@ stands from his seat in the corner of the dimly lit room, and steps into the light, revealing his face and mail of mithril and says "Hullo and well met fellow adventurers, please come in and make yourselves welcome, as you've probably assumed I am Anarion and I seek you're company on a great adventure.
And on both counts my lady I doubt you not, but the question is not whether I will allow you to join, but if you shall still be willing once I have given you what little information I have available.
But for now I bid you both welcome, and would ask you your names, and of what skills you posses to aid me on this quest?

OOC: just after finishing this statement to Silme, and Dreren... There was yet another knock on the door...

IC: Welcome and enter as you will, Friend....

Last edited by anarion : 07-24-2003 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:13 PM   #97
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

OOC: Sounds good to me!

IC:£"I am skilled at herbal lore, (OOC: I can heal people) marksmanship and swordsmanship."

Old 07-25-2003, 01:50 AM   #98
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Aewionen entered and saw that two others had indeed shown up. She looked at a man and said, "I assume you are Anarion?"
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:05 AM   #99
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Silme, you're lord of the spelling errors!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:29 AM   #100
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

A tall thin person walked in the door of the Pony. The person had a hood drawn over their face so no one could tell who or what it was. They asked Mr. Butterburr to lead them to the room that the tall man was in. He led the person to the door way, feeling slightly nervous. He then moved quickly away, letting the person enter the room with no interferance. The person burst into the room with a dagger hidden in the cloak that was being worn, just in case there were hostiles. She threw back her hood and looked around in disbeleif. All she saw was a tall man sitting on the bed, and a very young girl sitting in a chair. She thought( This is the mighty warrior and one of his comanions. Ha! Oh well, might as well.....) "May I join your quest?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote