Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 06:10 AM   #961
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I hope you all sort out the book business real quick, because I don't understand any of it.

Rian, I have posted Girithron getting ahold of Rian and Alagos. I think you should do the rest of the conversation. I am looking forward to seeing Rian's impressions of Tol. I think we can wrap it up in two posts... Gordis is getting impatient, anyway. PM me if you have a problem...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 12-31-2005, 06:12 AM   #962
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

But Khamûl would not have given it to Mahtalliel in the first place, I just went along with that and posted an alternative way for him to get his hands on it.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-31-2005, 03:35 PM   #963
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
But Khamûl would not have given it to Mahtalliel in the first place ...
Yeah, I was thinking that, too - the only reason I think he might possibly do that would be to try to obey the ML's command to lay low and not cause trouble ... see if you can come up with something, then. I'm seriously stumped about what to do. I can see that your character wouldn't give the book back.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:16 PM   #964
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

When I wrote that post I envisioned more that she took it from him before giving him a chance to protest. Not that I can edit it now, it's posted under Sane's user.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 12-31-2005, 04:19 PM   #965
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
I hope you all sort out the book business real quick, because I don't understand any of it.
It started with Udu and I wanting to do a Rian/Sapthan scene where he would do something that would make her grateful. We coordinated with TD and came up with Khamul taking Rian's book and Sapthan getting it back for her. Then TD make the totally logical point that Khamul would want the ML to see the book, since he's a good and faithful servant of the ML. But we didn't think ahead about that, or I would have had it NOT be a book from her parents, because she would NEVER submit to having him keep that book. So now we're kind of stuck, because the original scene was conceived with her getting the book back because it's of such critical importance to her (it's one of the only links she has with her parents). But TD has a great point about his character, so we're kinda stuck. I"m leaning back to making the book NOT be from her parents, and then just going along with Khamul keeping it. The only major edits will be in my posts, which I don't mind doing, because TD has been one of the most flexible people on this rpg to work with. Other people's edits will be minor ones.

TD, as I think about it, I think that's the best option - if it's ok with you, I'll make the book just be another one from Gondolin, and then it's feasible that she would let Khamul keep it overnight.

guys - working out the book details should NOT keep anyone from posting - we'll just do back-edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Rian, I have posted Girithron getting ahold of Rian and Alagos. I think you should do the rest of the conversation. I am looking forward to seeing Rian's impressions of Tol. I think we can wrap it up in two posts... Gordis is getting impatient, anyway. PM me if you have a problem...
Serenoli, I'll do it if you PM me and give me some pointers and some ideas where you want the conversation to go - some questions he would ask, some motives behind his responses, etc. - I need something to go on, because I don't know his character much Impatient people will just have to be patient The book stuff isn't holding up anyone, BTW, so just keep going, guys.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-31-2005, 04:32 PM   #966
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yeesh, all this haggling over a book. Whatever, it doesnt hamper my plans with anything, I just gotta wait for Lotesse to post whatever it is that she has Lomi say.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:43 PM   #967
Rían

I had two more ideas of possible solutions while I was in the shower - I'll move it to PM, though.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #968
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Thats good, seeing as we are getting to be over 4,000 posts in the discussion thread, which is starting to turn into a mini soap opera, and barely over 600 for the actual game.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:45 PM   #969
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

My programs are terminating from old age, but I have an old browser that works somewhat. I am still here, just at a disadvantage. The repairman is supposed to be here Tuesday. Maybe he will have some solutions. Until then, if any of you need Udu or Sapthan for a scene, feel free to use them as you feel I would. I hope to be back soon. I miss the RPG.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:50 PM   #970
Rían

Hi Udu! We miss you, too! Hope everything gets fixed up on Tuesday.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 PM   #971
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Hi Udu! We miss you, too! Hope everything gets fixed up on Tuesday.
Rian, I am missing everyone here, too. I might be back Tuesday with a new computer. I am just not sure. I don't know if this old one can be salvaged or not, too much mileage on it. Maybe Udu can persuade Sauron to loan him his palantir.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:11 PM   #972
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Udu, We miss you!

I believe you have an old Mac?
Why won't you try to download Internet Explorer 5 anew from here http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...ternetexplorer
It might work!
Gordis
Old 12-31-2005, 06:27 PM   #973
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Good luck Udu, I know computer problems are a pain in the arse. I just got mine fixed. We miss ya, but you knew that.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:51 PM   #974
Rían

Serenoli - am in a tearing hurry, got to log off, but I got a post up from what I could glean of Tolvadok from the formal info thread - EVERYTHING in it is available for your editing suggestions

Old 12-31-2005, 08:08 PM   #975
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Rian, I'll PM you suggestions of comprimises for the book. I can see that what ever we do is OOC for one of our chaaracters.

Happy New Year!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-31-2005, 08:55 PM   #976
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, tutti; HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I can relate, Udu, about the grievous computer problems - that SUX. Hope it gets sorted out soon 4 U. I was just thinking yesterday that I missed your writing around here lately. I can't wait 'til you can post again!

Serenoli, Rian, liked your new posts, short as they are. What's going on with The Great Book Caper?

Still tryna formulate Lomi's message, you guys. I'll post soon.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:06 PM   #977
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Rian - Just read your last Red Herring post; that was good! The conversation was easily envisioned, and I love how afterward, Alagos says "I need a drink." I like how Rian described her experience there, and her honest appraisal of the situation to a stranger. That was good reading!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:34 PM   #978
Rían

Thanks, Lotesse! I like how your posts are very visual, too! I look forward to Lomi's message - it better be a good one, to interrupt that kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Rian, I'll PM you suggestions of comprimises for the book. I can see that what ever we do is OOC for one of our chaaracters.

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you, too!

Be sure to read the PM I sent to Maggie and you - she likes option 2, which I like the best, too, but I can go with ANY of them - you choose, please!

Old 12-31-2005, 09:54 PM   #979
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Huzzah, I am the bold thunder!

Well, not really, but heck. I am zooting off to read whatever posts have been made in my absence.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:01 PM   #980
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You know who else I really miss around here? CRAZY SQUIRREL!!! Where the hell is Crazy Squirrel lately; man I miss her.
Closed Thread