Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 09:38 PM   #961
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
"FAITH! STOP!" I yelled as my friend picked up the dagger again. She refused to listen to me. In desperation, I hit her with a freezing spell, then jumped back as she collapsed to the ground. I grabbed the dagger from her hand.

As soon as I touched that dagger, I knew that I had not been the only one to put a spell on Faith. I wasn't sure who the other had been; there were several in the group who could have used a spell.

Katharine Alina Welsh had been called back to the spot between the worlds. This time, her mission had little to do with Calien. Katharine Welsh (who called herself Alina when she remembered the reality of Middle Earth) was calling to one who was lost, wandering between the worlds, but only in spirit. Faith.

The young hobbit/girl was trying to go home; but unable to do so, and equally unable to return to Middle Earth. Faith would die if she stayed Between, on her own. Only a few knew their way around, and could keep Faith from harm. A few like Calien ... and Alina.

"Faith Lowe! Faith! Come here, hurry!" called Alina, searching for the hobbit. If Alina couldn't find her in time, this mission would fail, the kingdom of Writewraiths would come to ruin, and Middle Earth was doomed.

"Faith?" Still the hobbit did not answer, but Alina didn't give up. "FAITH!" And this time a frightened looking Faith Lowe came rushing towards Alina. Alina ran to her, and hugged her. Now they could only hope...

Star and I stood in the clearing for hours, watching Faith. Finally our wait paid off, and my friend's eyes snapped open. She looked up at me, and gave me a cold, cruel smile.

"Tried to spoil my revenge, Empress," she muttered. "But you have failed."

I shuddered. Why was Faith acting so strangely? Perhaps it was simply the shock of nearly, well, suceeding in what I had failed to do almost half a year ago, when my memories failed me utterly and I lost all sense of self, or of meaning.

Then Faith laughed, a more terrifying sound than before.

And somewhere between the worlds of Mundane and Middle Earths, the girl Alina and a young hobbit-wizard looked on in horror.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:40 PM   #962
Silverstripe

ooc: All right, now, Faith, I did that so you couldn't be dead! But this way your "takeover" thing also makes sense.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:00 AM   #963
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: Lol, all others reading this thread are going to be wondering about the "Takeover" thing now! Guess they'll just have to wait!

ic: I ran into Kathie's arms, sobbing. Trying to kill myself had been real enough, the first time, before Star even yelled, had been real. Me. Then, somehow I was in this world. I had wandered around, sometimes seeing what was happening to me, sometimes not. But one thing was clear. I was lost. Then I heard the voice. The wonderful voice that could only belong to Kathie, MY best friend Kathie. Turning around I walked. But I couldn't find my way. Finally, finally I saw her, and ran to her. And we watched...

"You think this is some horrible nightmare, don't you Empress. Maybe it is. Maybe it's all something you dreamed up. Me, Star, Kathie, all of us, are just a figment of your imagination. Perhaps there IS no hobbit wizard. After all we all know hobbits couldn't possibly be wizards. It's against the laws of physics. It's against all laws."

"Faith?" *Whimpered another voice. Not whimpering really, but begging. Begging for her to stop with this horrible joke.*

"Or maybe," The Faith-who-wasn't-me said, "It's one of Star's Horrible Nightmares. You remember Star. The nightmares? Maybe none of this has ever happened, maybe you'll just wake up, and call to your mommy and daddy, and they'll come to you, and comfort you, telling you there never was such a person as Faith Lowe. But that would be another nightmare. A living nightmare, because what would you do without the only one who ever cared to bother with such a pitiful bieng. The only one who bothered with friendship with you."

"HOW DARE SHE!" I cried out. "HOW DARE SHE HURT HER, MY FRIEND LIKE THAT!" I could see it in there eyes, as Faith-who-wasn't-me lied to them. They almost belived her. She was feeding lies to them, and they where eating it up. I turned to Kathie expecting an answer. "How dare she tell them those lies?"

*But the -Faith-who-wasn't-me went on.* "Or maybe you are a part of MY dream. Maybe you do exist in real life, but you are in my dream." *She stood up, with some difficulty, but everything after that was done with complete ease. She picked up her staff, and with a wave of the finger, she held to dagger.* "You have ruined my plans again Empress, as you have in times past. You should pay for that."

"What is she talking about Kathie? She can't going to kill Calien." She just shook her head. I was asking for answers where I could not get them. "I have to go back there don't I." It was more of a statement, than a question. "I have to go back, so she won't kill the Empress, or Star, or the rest."

*Kathie hung her head* "I'm afriad so."

"But how. I don't know how to go back myself, and if they think I'm going to kill them...they'll probably never trust me again."

"I doubt that, but I think I know how to help you get out."

"Will I ever see you--Kathie you-- again?

"I don't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened my eyes, and looked around. Calien and Star where hovering over me, Calien still holding the dagger.
"What...what happened?"

ooc: Sorry for the long post ppl!
Old 01-26-2003, 02:12 PM   #964
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
I looked at Faith and my heart fell. No, this couldn't be her, yet it was. Only the real Faith would know that. I was losing her again, but I couldn't. I then remembered Starletta's words:

.....This is but a mirror....

'Great' I thought does that mean, EverythingIs mirrored? I then did all I could, I ran, silently, but surly I slipped past, almost challenging anyone to follow. A creek was nearby. My sight wasn't that great, and I was practically deaf, but my sence of smell was 10x better than anyone. While running, I remembered my own words...

Mirrors lie. There is no truth to be beheld in them...

I found the creek and sat down on a rock inside, and fell in, just enough to look like I flowed down the creek and almost drowned. Sitting back up, I took out a dagger and a red book. I called the dagger my pen dagger.

After a bit, I went back to camp on Rainstorm, the only one who dared follow. I was shivering and my arm was bandaged. I cried bitter tears that only were cried for a certain thing. Not all mirrors lie.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Old 01-26-2003, 03:59 PM   #965
Silverstripe

"Oh, Faith. You tried...to leave us, Faith. You tried to kill yourself." Tears came to my eyes.

"Don't do it, Faith. You don't know w-what it does to people around you, the people who love you. And then you acted like you were going to kill Star and me." I sighed. "I know what it's like to think you have, no hope, Faith. I know..."

I revealed a scar on my shoulder, the scar I had gotten from my own despairing cowardice in Mundane Earth. Cowardice, yes, I knew it for what it was now. I had not been thinking of what that would do to anyone else. Something in me had known that, even then, and I had turned the knife from my heart, scarring my right shoulder instead.

I had not let myself cry in a very long time, but now I wept. I wept because of what she had tried to do to herself, although I half expected it. I wept because my uneasy feeling had indeed turned into a premonition, and because this meant we would have no control over our fates. None at all. And since we had no control, Faith was doomed.

And then a voice came to me, the same that had told me earlier that I was not alone.

All mirrors reflect to a certain degree

But never with a complete accuracy.

It is said dreams tell the future, as do stars.

But the making of the future's only ours.

Hope still remains even when all else is lost.

And war has an end, though at terrible cost.

It sang this three times, as before. The last line frightened me a bit, but I felt better. I knew that we did have some control, that we could all make a difference in what happened. Faith could survive, and have a happy life. The song sent me into a sort of trance, and I didn't truly see what was happening around me.

I snapped out of it in time to see Starlight returning to the group, crying. Faith, too, wept, but it was to Buddy she turned, and not Starlight.

My own tears had stopped, though I could still feel the last of them on my cheeks. I walked over and hugged Star. I tried to comfort Starlight of the Rain, who was my friend now, because you can't go through the experiences we'd had together, and NOT become friends.

"Mirrors," she whispered.

"A mirror is a reflection of something, not the thing itself. And sometimes mirrors tell a different story than the object they're reflecting. Middle Earth and Mundane Earth are mirrors of each other, which makes them even less accurate."

I didn't know if Star understood what I was saying; I wasn't entirely sure I did.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:32 PM   #966
Lubyla

I wipped the tears from my eyes. Pulling the bandage on my arm tighter around, I sighed. "Mirrors lie. There is no truth to be beheld in themm, yet they can turn some people mad, trying to find the truth in them, or trying to make the mirror happy." I understood perfectally/

Lubyla came over . "What happened to your Starlight?"

"I guess verdigo does not know the differances between to worlds. I had a dizzy spell, and blacked out over by the creek. First time ive ever blacked out because of it. My arm hit a rock."

Old 01-26-2003, 06:23 PM   #967
Fred Baggins

"I saw Kathie." I murmered. "That's all I remember, after showing you my dagger." A small lie, but all I did remember is blurry. Then I wept. I wept for what Kathie had told me, and for Star, and for what Calien had told me. I wept into Buddy's fur, never relizing I hadn't noticed he was...not at my side, when I'd tried...that stunt. No one else did either, or at least they never mentioned it. I wept, on and on. I wept for mirrors. I wept for worlds. I wept for everything there was to weep for. And when I ran out of reasons I continued to weep. I wept for my brother, and my paretns. My grandfathers I never knew, and my mum's dog that got killed by the neighboors, because he was protecting his property, and bit there kid, who was on his property. I wept for the sad books I read, and the sad songs I heard. I wept for everything. I wept for nothing. Then I raised my eyes, wiping them carefully, and tried to regain my composure. I stood up, and mounted Wind Rider, and nodded to the rest.

"With the amount of stops I've been causing, I'd think you'd be ready to kill me FOR me! At this rate we'll NEVER get to the kingdom!"
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-26-2003, 06:52 PM   #968
Lubyla

"Yeah, we should be going." I opened my pack and took out a blue walking cloak. Taking off the green one, a bit of my arm bled, though no one I thought noticed it. I qickly pulled on the blue cloak, and mounted Rainstorm, again.

Old 01-26-2003, 06:58 PM   #969
Fred Baggins

I feel back with Star again, and glanced at her arm. I snorted and whispered. "What did you do THIS time, and why?"
Old 01-26-2003, 07:48 PM   #970
Silverstripe

This time, I fell back with Faith and Star, remembering what had happened when I hadn't.

"We're nearly on the borders of the kingdom, Faith."
Old 01-26-2003, 08:34 PM   #971
Lubyla

"Nothing on purpose"I lied" The verdigo just kicked in and I blacked out and fell in the creek."Faith didn't look like she believed me.

Old 01-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #972
Fred Baggins

I don't think I looked like I belived her. In any case I rolled my eyes, and as I did, I caught site of...

Probably the most magnificant city I ever saw.(I never went to NY...or Chicago...just LA. And that IS NOT magnificant.) As if I wasn't quite sure(And I wasn't) but had an idea(Which I did) I asked, "The...Empire?"
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-26-2003, 10:12 PM   #973
Lubyla

Lubyla nodded.

I tightened the bandage. Was I that rusty with my story? Faith didn't believe me. It was like...she knew what happened, but only I and Rainstorm know that. Andodulin flew over to Lubyla. Where had he been the whole time. As he flew by me, he dropped a dagger into my hand. i clutched it, and stuffed it into my pocket, hopeing no one had seen it.

Old 01-26-2003, 10:16 PM   #974
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

Calliman had sent Elijah home and we had arrived to the Empire. I was beginning to think tat my pack was heavier, maybe more stuff had just appeared ut of nowhere again.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 01-26-2003, 11:05 PM   #975
Fred Baggins

I stared. It was an amazing site. I looked across the Empire, and caught a glimps of the palace. I nearly jumped, thinking it looked familar. Then I dismissed the thought. Impossible.

I stuck my hand in my pocket. Not good. My other pocket. Panick. I went through every pocket I had on me, then settled down, giggling. "Calien, you forgot to give me my dagger back!" I said, still giggling.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:15 PM   #976
Lubyla

I looked at the bird. He had been there, he had seen. How dare he. I then really looked at the castle. It did look a bit farmilliar. But then, it was more than likely a day dream I had seen it in. I shook my head, and waited, with the rest, to go forward.

Old 01-27-2003, 10:33 AM   #977
Silverstripe

I watched Faith and Star talk, noticing that Faith didn't believe Starlight when she said she got her cut because vertigo had kicked in and she'd fallen. I also noticed Star's very deliberate emphasis on this cut being an accident, leading me to believe that it wasn't.

O, Star, please. Don't you get suicidal on me, too. We will enough work to do, to put this Empire back together, with all the Writewraiths stable.

I didn't say a word, though, until Faith addressed me, saying I'd forgotten to give her her dagger.

"Yes, I did." I hesitated, unsure of whether or not to give it back.

Give it back to her. She will not try to kill herself again. For now she knows that the fate of the Kingdom of Writewraiths depends on her, and Middle Earth depends on the Empire, whispered a voice.

I turned to look for the speaker, but I already knew she wouldn't be there. I knew exactly who she was ... Kathie! I nodded, causing Star to give me a puzzled look, and handed Faith her dagger.

I winced internally, and yet at the same time, I felt like she HAD to have the dagger. It was as though something important would come of it -- a bad thing, one intended to secure victory for the enemy, but one that would ultimately help the Writewraiths.

Then I realized what it was.

Faith is going to kill me...

For an instant, I knew that, so strongly I could almost see it. But then it faded from my mind, and I could not remember it again.

ooc: Faith, I need to talk with you on AIM.

ic: Hunter saw his sister's smile, and knew that she remembered who and what she was, and would never forget again. Her friends would see that, soon, and it would cause a sort of wall between them.

Sadly, he thought of how Calien would always be a little isolated from everyone else. Because she was the Empress, and now all traces of the sixteen-year-old girl she had been on Mundane Earth had nearly vanished. She truly was the Empress now, and always would be.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:27 PM   #978
Fingolfin_1st
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

i just want to give you guys a round of applause as this is the largest rpg ive ever seen 45 PAGES!! well done
Old 01-27-2003, 06:36 PM   #979
Fred Baggins

ooc: Thankyou, and it's BOUND to get much bigger!
Sure Kathie, asap!

ic: I snatched the dagger back, for the second...and last time for that day. I failed to notice the nauseous feeling soon dissapeared. I tucked it in my pocket, hopeing it would be safe enough there, but knowing that, for some reason, I wouldn't put it any farther than that. I noticed a strange look on Caliens face after she handed it to me, like she was almost afriad of something, but it dissapeared as quickly as it came. I had no cases of attempted suicide for many years after that.(ooc:Hopefully never, but even a writewraith has no control over that!)

*The thought raced through his head, for no more than a split-second. The thought that spoke of failer, and dissapointement, and but it mentioned victory in the end. The plan may have been foiled again, but there would be victory. The warg shook his head, wanting to beat that idea out of his head. This wasn't the thoughts of Maluk, even HE would admit this. They where the thoughts of a seed of hate, which eventually became Snakesnout. A seed of hate caused by love. He longed to be an elf again. Hewept that it could never be again. Buddy made a promise in his heart. a promise that he would never speak so that the other humans could hear him. It would only feed Snakesnout. And Kin never break promises porposefully.*
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 01-27-2003, 07:01 PM   #980
Lubyla

"Here we stand at the Kingdom, yet we do not enter, what is it we so fear? Why do we fear it?"

Andodulin flew over and landed atop of Buddy.

"The Empress should be the first to enter. That is the proper way." What did I just say? Proper? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That word isn't even in my dictionary!!!!

Closed Thread