Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 04:48 PM   #941
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I wonder if Ray realizes he supposed to be at sword-smithing right now in the game?

He better hurry.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #942
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Aye, he does. His handler (me) however, is brain drained at the present to post anything that wouldnt sound like it came from the black abyss.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #943
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Val, when are you planning on having Oreturion come to the library, will it coincide with Khamûl and Udu having there little chat.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #944
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

er TD i don't think old barli would tell the owner and master of the house what is and isn't rude!

guess he'd just shrug and go "reety ho!"

well, are we to see tensions mount between the northern kingdom and the southern?

CS .. i wouldn't worry too much about the new torture chamber / udu's "pleasure" Palace ... 2 weeks in rpg time, is a hell of a long time!

...just beware the library ... very dangerous thing a little learning ..esp the more you delve down into it!

so .. Rian, you managed to get back from Thanksgiving without Arastud swinging ... which reminds me ... Serenoli i know not whether it was intentional or accidental, but i thought the 'Swinging Swan' was funny!

boy that black speech is a jaw cracker ...thank eru the dwarves never had their own black speech dialect!

Doc (GW, that is, not DOC UdU) ... methinks this ring may be slightly mischevious itself ... a small minor ( early craft) mischevious ring of small power ... ???

TD ... bet the Governor (not to be confused with the GUV') enjoyed telling his girl's "i told you so! -listen to your father!!!"

sooooo, Shah and lotesse ... when's the next great race post???

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-28-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:27 PM   #945
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Shah, , Perhaps you could look for a picture for Ray meantime? We have one for Marty, but not for Ray.

Portraits of characters
Perhaps it is time to make a cast poster? I was looking over the pictures and realised that we lack a lot.

There are NO pictures for Earniel, Bumble, Constable BB, Jas, Tolvadok, Udu and Val (unless we have his avatar).
and some minor characters like Melwen, Zimra, Arastud and Annawen, but we can skip them...
Old 11-28-2005, 05:27 PM   #946
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Sane, whenever you feel up to making Ray or Marty go to class, go ahead and don't worry about time stuff. I just posted about Mahtaliel at 1:30, it is safe to assume that she gets back to the university in time for the class at 3.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #947
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay BB. Will edit now.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 11-28-2005, 05:33 PM   #948
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Shah, , Perhaps you could look for a picture for Ray meantime? We have one for Marty, but not for Ray.

Portraits of characters
Perhaps it is time to make a cast poster? I was looking over the pictures and realised that we lack a lot.

There are NO pictures for Earniel, Bumble, Constable BB, Jas, Tolvadok, Udu and Val (unless we have his avatar).
and some minor characters like Melwen, Zimra, Arastud and Annawen, but we can skip them...

well, the issue is uploading it ..is it easy to sign up a photobucket account? what about ftp??

actually that reminds me ..i was meaning to have a chat with Rian about some moot charactuers for the pics link thread ... all based on VIZ characters!

Suffice it to say earniel should not be allowed anywhere near any firearms or police ...
Old 11-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #949
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Val, when are you planning on having Oreturion come to the library, will it coincide with Khamûl and Udu having there little chat.
Td, Oreturion is ALREADY in the Library. (It was in one of Val's earlier posts - a couple of weeks ago now).The Chancellor left him there in the early morning and he is still reading and reading... But, I think, by 7 PM he will grow hungry and leave. I hope so, for his own good. Libraries ARE dangerous!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #950
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
well, the issue is uploading it ..is it easy to sign up a photobucket account? what about ftp??
It is VERY easy. Just go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account.

The trick is not to upload files heavier than 250 KB. Oterwise they are resized automatically and become REALLY small.

I don't trust ftp...
Or post a link to any picture!?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #951
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Td, Oreturion is ALREADY in the Library. (It was in one of Val's earlier posts - a couple of weeks ago now).The Chancellor left him there in the early morning and he is still reading and reading... But, I think, by 7 PM he will grow hungry and leave. I hope so, for his own good. Libraries ARE dangerous!
Especially this one! Must have missed that post. Maybe he may hear something slightly strange on his way out.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #952
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Especially this one! Must have missed that post. Maybe he may hear something slightly strange on his way out.
I am not very happy of this idea. Nazgul should sense mortal's presence quite keenly. It would be strange if Khamul missed his presence in the building. And if a mortal creeps close enough to overhear a conversation, than the nazgul were being quite careless.

Nay, I will make the Chancellor come by say at 6 PM and get Oreturion out and close the library.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #953
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay. Oreturion is skilled in shielding his mind though, so detecting him would be harder than it would be if Ray or Marty were in the library.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #954
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, you guys! Yeah but its not Oreturion's mind that's being detected, it's his mortal presence, a totally diferent concept. He could have a mind like a steel safe, but still be just as detectable as, say, a Merwen type, because of one simple fact - the chap's a mortal.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #955
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Exactly. He reeks of mortal blood
Old 11-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #956
Telcontar_Dunedain

I suppose so. I thought that maybe the two things went hand in hand.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #957
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Nope! There are some things that mortals just CANNOT get around, or "improve on" or whatever, no matter how smart & skilled & talented, there's just no getting around the mortal scent issue! Another power-plus for us Nazgul.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #958
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

LMM,, I am a bit confused by one sentence in your post:
Quote:
She had a feeling that the Chancellor had sent this scholar her way entirely out of spite
I think, Girithron made it clear that the Chancellor refused him flatly, and to go find Mahtaliel was entirely his own idea, or maybe someone suggested it (in fact it was Jas, as far as I remember).

So I think "the Chancellor had sent this scholar her way" is too brilliant a guess.
I believe Mahtaliel should feel that the Chancellor refused this student out of spite, just because he desired to study Arts - Mahtaliel's subject.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:15 PM   #959
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Doc (GW, that is, not DOC UdU) ... methinks this ring may be slightly mischevious itself ... a small minor ( early craft) mischevious ring of small power ... ???
Yes, perhaps it is. Then again it might just THE ONE which in some mysterious way have fallen into the paws of Scars and co.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:17 PM   #960
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Oh! I've been meaning to ask my fellow Nine, I have a question - can we "overhear" each other's thought projection conversations? For instance, could Buz overhear Lilly verbally "sticking her tongue out" at Udu? Could he hear her thoughts to Udu? I've always wondered about this, just between the Nazgul, not humans or elves. Gordis?

Reading new posts - Valandil, I especially really liked yours! Bonfires, eh? Tryna "out" the Nine? And Lady M, I love your Fionne, the youg mother. She intrigues me, for some reason. Plus I love her name.

Closed Thread