Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 12:00 AM   #941
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I was toying with the idea of rpg-RÃ*an hooking up with another half-elf, namely Elladan or Elrohir (I've always had a bit of a fancy for those two!), but just looked up their birthdate, and they aren't born for another 90 years Rats!!

Any problems with rpg-RÃ*an hooking back up with the guy she liked in Gondolin? I always thought it possible that with all the mayhem around the Nirnaeth and the subsequent fall of Gondolin, that there could be elves of Gondolin that ended up all over the place, altho most of them gathered at Sirion. I need to get her a more active storyline soon.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #942
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Well, I loved your introductory story-post, udu! I was under the impression, though, that you were gonna be a Nazgul - am I wrong, are you a Nazgul or am I just not reading it right? It's an extremely interesting character, whether Nazgul or no - he seems a bit like a renegade blue-blood assasin-for-hire to me, like a Dunedain ranger gone wrong. I love all the detail you put into it; his affinity for horses, his clothing & gear, etcetera. Can you give us a character bio for him, you could post it in the Calling All Nazgul formal info thread. I admire your writing skills; great stuff indeed!
No, Udu is all Nazgûl. See how great his disguise is? No point in being obvious with the black robes and horse; the populace might wonder about us.

Yes, he is a blue-blood lord of a Númenorean colony. He is very proud of his horsemanship, but he does have one failing there. He likes spirited horses, and whenever possible, prefers that they exhibit this spirit. Sometimes, though, he can have a nasty tumble because of this.

Yes, I will create a bio and post as soon as possible. Thanks for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:55 AM   #943
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Perfect post, Udu!
Maethor will be a star!

sorry, have to run,
Gor
Old 10-02-2005, 02:59 AM   #944
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
No, Udu is all Nazgûl. See how great his disguise is? No point in being obvious with the black robes and horse; the populace might wonder about us.
Remember that Sauron disguised his Nazgul as riders in black. Black robes and horses were disguises in themselves, so even if all the Nazgul in this early time-period game rode into the city garbed that way, people wouldn't instantly think "Nazgul!" Just mentioning. Nice post indeed!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 10-02-2005 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #945
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
EDIT *important*:
by the way getting worried about the 1,000th post thing, what happens? we start the discussion thread 2?
will the old one still be available for reference for ...er reference ... and new players?

maybe we should slow down in here till this is sorted ... discuss! ( )
If the discussion thread goes over the 1000 posts it will get closed and a new discussion thread will be made. You can either open the new thread yourself or the moderator who closes the old thread will do it for you. The old thread will not be deleted so it would still be available for reference. Frankly, it's no disaster if it does go over the 1000 for a couple of posts, the thread will be split then in two, an old discussion thread and a new one.

The only thing that has to be taken care of after that is the links to the discussion threads in the other two threads.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #946
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

OK - 'The GAME' is posted.

I'll leave it to the rest of you (esp LSP/Shah, Lotesse and CS) to determine whatever happened to Marty and Ray before they got there... but assumed they made it.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-02-2005, 09:31 AM   #947
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Valandil , excellent post as usual. Now I understand that a ball game may be fun.

Udukhaturz , my compliments again on your awesome post. You have portrayed both Udu and the Chancellor splendidly.

Also I loved your reference to our moody Khamul. I think TD will agree, it sounds just like him.

I have posted the beginning of Maethor's conversation with Aiwendis. As we do it here, I have used your hero and included some of his thoughts and words. Please, if you feel that something is out of your character, please, don’t hesitate to tell me, I will edit my post.
Now you can decide yourself how much you want to tell Gordis.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:43 AM   #948
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
... Now I understand that a ball game may be fun.
Ah... a girl who understands this!!

One of you single guys oughta scoop her up!

(or are you taken? then maybe I've made life a little better for you man??)

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #949
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Ah... a girl who understands this!!

One of you single guys oughta scoop her up!

(or are you taken? then maybe I've made life a little better for you man??)
I am afraid I was joking. Don't let the guys get any ideas, Val!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #950
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

WOW!! Three power-house posts in a row - Gordis, Valandil and Crazy Squirrel! Damn, you guys can WRITE, holy cow.
Crazy Squirrel, I smiled at the Nazgul-shriek-cut-short scenario, how hilarious! Typical Lil, huh, to forget the moment and act on her instinct! It was funny picturing her get yanked down like that, poor thing! And having Aiwendis, Maethor, and or Lord & Captain hear just that brief cut-off sound was interesting, too - have all of us Nazgul heard this? You really paint Lilly's particular character so clearly, she's truly unique and endearingly funny; I love her!

Gordis, I love how you meet up with Maethor; you two seem so close. Even in writing style you & Udu share similarities, ands both Aiwendis & Maethor seem like birds of a feather to me. I enjoyed the description of the place where they live, too - it really is a huge place, huh? Will this property have a name? It's like beyond palatial, I mean it sounds like Versailles or something. Orrodel looks like a country shack next to the Chancellor's digs.

Valandil, SO HAPPY you could post for us this weekend! So THAT's what the ball game of rochdol is like - what FUN! Looks a little like some sort of mad-cap rugby, I love it already! I really liked reading about Marty, Ray & Val's origins as old friends & family-friends, too. Is "SHE" supposed to be Earniel? I wish Earniel would return, oh Earniel PLEEEASE come back...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #951
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Oh, Lotesse, thank you! You always have kind words for others.

I am very impressed by the latest posts! Udu, Val, Gordis, Shah, BB and you, Lotesse.

AWESOME READ!

Nobody minds a short nazgul screech?
I hope only other Nazgul recognise it for what it was.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #952
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Gordis, I love how you meet up with Maethor; you two seem so close. Even in writing style you & Udu share similarities, ands both Aiwendis & Maethor seem like birds of a feather to me. I enjoyed the description of the place where they live, too - it really is a huge place, huh? Will this property have a name? It's like beyond palatial, I mean it sounds like Versailles or something. Orrodel looks like a country shack next to the Chancellor's digs.
Thank you, Lotesse!

Yes, I believe the numenorean nazgul were always closer to each other than to Easterlings such as Lilly, Khamul or Penny.
The Palace is HUGE, that is true, as it houses the whole University. No, the Chancellor does not own it, it is the State property. I don't think it is like Versailles at all, I picture it more like a big medieval monastery, like there are in South France, Italy or Spain. It is the oldest building of Tharbad, formerly a small fortress with many later additions. It is built around several cloisters with gardens and fountains. One cloister belongs to the Chancellor's palace, it is Aiwendis's private realm, while the others can be accessed by students.

As for the name... I am not very inventive... Orrodel was named after a province of Numenor, Orrostar.
The University Palace is the biggest and the oldest building in Tharbad. So it could be called "Arandel" (as Arandor was the main province of Numenor, meaning "the land of Kings").

Do you like "Arandel Palace"? I will appreciate any other suggestions.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #953
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Great posts guys. Just one point. Lotesse in your post number 173 you say that you had a quick read through Ray's thoughts. I was under the impression that only the Chancellor and Khamûl could do that.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #954
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"Remember that Sauron disguised his Nazgul as riders in black. Black robes and horses were disguises in themselves, so even if all the Nazgul in this early time-period game rode into the city garbed that way, people wouldn't instantly think "Nazgul!" Just mentioning. Nice post indeed!" - Lief Eirkson

Udu just left the Northeast and brought what he wore there. If he must wear black, he will, but he plans on going back as soon as he can. But yes, a black robe, a dark robe would be considered commonplace during this time period.

"Udukhaturz , my compliments again on your awesome post. You have portrayed both Udu and the Chancellor splendidly." - Gordis

Thank you, Gordis.

"Please, if you feel that something is out of your character, please, don’t hesitate to tell me, I will edit my post." - Gordis

I trust your judgment. You will do justice to Udu well. He will tell her about everything while he drinks the wine.

"I am very impressed by the latest posts! Udu, Val, Gordis, Shah, BB and you, Lotesse. AWESOME READ!" - Crazy Squirrel

Thanks!

"Nobody minds a short nazgul screech? I hope only other Nazgul recognise it for what it was." - Crazy Squirrel

Udu knows what it is, and since he has just arrived, he cannot understand the significance.

I feel right at home here. Thanks, everyone, for your help and encouragment.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #955
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Great posts guys. Just one point. Lotesse in your post number 173 you say that you had a quick read through Ray's thoughts. I was under the impression that only the Chancellor and Khamûl could do that.
All the ringwraiths can read minds. At least, this is what I have ALWAYS believed, from day one. Viv has always been very adept at reading people, this is why she is impossible to deceive, like it says in her bio. Khamul and the Witch King of course, are the best out of all the Nine at mind- and intent- reading, but Viv's not too shabby herself.

Old 10-02-2005, 05:06 PM   #956
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Really I am impressed. Lots of novel-length posts today and of prime quality.

Udu, your story sounded like a tale of "Thousand and one nights". No wonder Aiwendis was captivated to the point of forgetting her duty to pour you more wine!

Lotesse, You did steal some crown jewels! Ahh, I knew you could not resist.

TD, great post. You have crept on us talking quietly, o cruel Khamul!

Udu, I hope you will deal with him. Aiwendis feels like crawling under the table. She is not a fierce warrior type...far from that.

By the way, Khamul, I am afraid the Chancellor will held YOU responsible for Lilly's blunder. . You were supposed to look after her and Penny. That's why the Chancellor put you in Orrodel in the first place.

I like the plot so much!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:39 PM   #957
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:

I like the plot so much!
I know, me too!!! It's really getting hot, this is so much fun to be in! TD, Udu, Gordis, your latest posts are marvelous, too. It's like reading a really good book that you can't put down, and in which you can actually participate. I never knew how much I'd love RPGs. Whenever we get around to continuing "Fellowship," now we've got all KINDS of back-story and depth to enrich that one with; oh, this is so much fun.

Now what happens? BB, where are you today - you around? Shah? Oh, I can't wait to see what happens next!!

Old 10-02-2005, 06:34 PM   #958
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"Udu, your story sounded like a tale of "Thousand and one nights". No wonder Aiwendis was captivated to the point of forgetting her duty to pour you more wine!" - Gordis

As you know, I have a deep interest in writing about the East, North and South. These characters are often overlooked and just counted with the "hosts of Mordor" without their having much individuality or personality. There will be much more "1001 Arabian Nights" type stories in my future writings, perhaps not on this board, but in other realms.

Khamûl, good show! I really liked your post. I see more tension between these two in the future.

"I know, me too!!! It's really getting hot, this is so much fun to be in! TD, Udu, Gordis, your latest posts are marvelous, too. It's like reading a really good book that you can't put down, and in which you can actually participate." - Lotesse

By the way, I write online books.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #959
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thank you, oh thank you, Udu! You sent Khamull off. Gordis was getting nervous, Khamul was never nice to her as well.
I shall try to continue.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #960
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Thank you, oh thank you, Udu! You sent Khamull off. Gordis was getting nervous, Khamul was never nice to her as well.
I shall try to continue.
Gordis,

Udu was trying to rescue both of them from an unpleasant situation. The Chancellor himself, though, was necessary to hasten Khamûl on his way.
Closed Thread