Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #921
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm not saying that - I was teasing about the wording in the formal info thread where it said "eyes", that's all, since he only has one. When you said he had one eye, I took that literally to mean that the actual other eye was entirely gone. But maybe you just meant blinded. Anyway, it was just teasing. Nevermind - play on!

GW - he's cooooommmmiiiinnnnggg .................. I'll PM some thoughts to you tomorrow

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-30-2005 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:10 AM   #922
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I think I'll have Khamûl turn up at the end of the fight scenes and have a word with Mahtalliel himself. If he goes to the ML about this it will make him look weak infront of Mahtalliel and he doesn't want that.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-30-2005, 06:15 AM   #923
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I'm not saying that - I was teasing about the wording in the formal info thread where it said "eyes", that's all, since he only has one. When you said he had one eye, I took that literally to mean that the actual other eye was entirely gone. But maybe you just meant blinded. Anyway, it was just teasing. Nevermind - play on!

GW - he's cooooommmmiiiinnnnggg .................. I'll PM some thoughts to you tomorrow
ooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 12-30-2005, 08:39 AM   #924
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Val, I am ready to edit whatever you find necessary. And please, find time to edit about the setting of the "almost kissing" scene. I think everyone agreed by now that they were not in the Library itself.
Done. Let me know if I got it right. I wasn't certain from the map of where the gate was facing, but I think I'm open-ended enough that it should work. Let me know if otherwise.

Rian - I think I toned down the shouting.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #925
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

[shouts]THANKS![/shout]

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #926
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Done. Let me know if I got it right. I wasn't certain from the map of where the gate was facing, but I think I'm open-ended enough that it should work. Let me know if otherwise.
Yes, thanks, Val, all is OK now. Perhaps, just to make it absolutely clear, you could add another sentence that they went around the Palace building and entered the backyard of the Library, before they reached the gate. Or maybe what you have is enough already. Up to you.

What do you think to do with your ladylove now ? If you but ask her (hint, hint), she will tell you a lot of interesting details about the vicious and violent Mahtaliel .

And TD, I can assure you, Khamul needs not to go complain to the Chancellor himself. Aiwendis will make a full report.

Serenoli and Rian Could I suggest you hurry up with the Girithron-Rian talk. Orrodel is without a housekeeper for half a day now.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #927
Rían

rpg-Rian has several suggestions for the Orrodel residents as to what to do with the Orrodel housekeeper's job ...

Serenoli - I'm ready for our characters' talk whenever you are - I'm going to have her leaving the Uni in my next post, and we can meet up in the street or something - let me know

TD - I'm having Rian leave the Uni in my next post, but feel free to use her in your conversation with Mahtaliel if you want. I'll leave my post vague as to whether or not she was at that conversation and it can go either way.

Old 12-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #928
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I have just heard from Udu. He is experiencing terrible computer problems and probably will be unable to post till next Tuesday.

Hope his computer will be repaired soon!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #929
Rían

I wondered where he's been! Stupid computers! *glares at hers, which is really slow*

Old 12-30-2005, 02:25 PM   #930
Telcontar_Dunedain

I'm writing the post now Rian but I'm not sure I'll use RPG Rian.
EDIT: Gor, has Aiwendis actually fainted or is it a subtle plot to ensnare Valandil?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 12-30-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #931
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
rpg-Rian has several suggestions for the Orrodel residents as to what to do with the Orrodel housekeeper's job ...
Well, I don't know what Crazy Squirrel or Gordis (who has our Morgul Lord, so therefore has the "boss", if you know what I mean) have cooked up in that area, but I would like to get Zimra groomed up to be the Major Domo, and I will play her since she's an open character - right? The people who should have first say about ideas for Orrodel House should, I believe, be the people who created that house and have characters actively involved there. Are you referring to the advert in the paper about "housekeeper wanted?" It's true that Zimra will need more help, perhaps a girl or two to do daily upkeep stuff like dusting and dishes, but Zimra can also be taught fairly easily how to run the household herself, since she's seeming to do so well up to this point, and the women of the house get along with her, nice simple agreeable young human lady that she is. What are your ideas?

Crazy Squirrel, Gordis, - Perhaps Zimra, who is a local girl and no doubt knows a lot of other young women & young men in Tharbad of the same working class as herself, can put the word out and get a couple childhood friends of hers to interview for work at Orrodel House.

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-30-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #932
Rían

TD - that's fine - it's totally up to you. She's available for your use if you would like; if not, that's fine, too.

Lotesse - the line you quoted of mine was a joke (note the winkie-smilie...) The suggestions rpg-Rian would have are along the line of "take this job and shove it!" or something about where to put the job ... It's totally up to the Orrodel people what you want to do, of course - I was just making a joke (which apparently fell flat )

I think Serenoli wanted a talk with her character and mine, so I was telling her that I'm ready any time. Whatever you guys want. Rpg-Rian won't be seeking out anyone about anything about Orrodel, but Serenoli, you're welcome to seek her out if you want to talk - she would certainly talk to your character

I guess without BB here, the whole Melwen investigation thing is being dropped, which is too bad because it would have been interesting. Does anyone feel like taking up the investigation?

Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 PM   #933
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:

Lotesse - the line you quoted of mine was a joke (note the winkie-smilie...) The suggestions rpg-Rian would have are along the line of "take this job and shove it!" or something about where to put the job ... It's totally up to the Orrodel people what you want to do, of course - I was just making a joke (which apparently fell flat )
Ohhhhh...
Old 12-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #934
Rían

the irritations of typed communication *sigh*

In RL, you would have seen my smile and rogue-ish look, and known it was a joke. Oh well!

Old 12-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #935
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
EDIT: Gor, has Aiwendis actually fainted or is it a subtle plot to ensnare Valandil?
It was a subtle plot to stop Khamul from killing Mahtaliel, here and there. She has diverted everyone's attention from the confrontation. She had no time to think about Valandil.

And though she has not truly fainted, she felt quite drained by her mental confrontation with Khamul, who is way more powerful then herself.

But now, alone with Val, she will of course try to advance his courtship a little, and she will also try to depict Mahtaliel in rather black colour.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #936
Telcontar_Dunedain

I was thinking of having Khamûl tell the Chancellor, should he come or leave Aiwendis and Valandil alone.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #937
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Gordis, just exactly what is Aiwendis planning to use as ammunition in her endeavor to blacken Mahtaliel's reputation? Personal opinion or will you be drawing on M's backstory? If it's the latter we should discuss it first. Otherwise, blacken away.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 12-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #938
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse

Crazy Squirrel, Gordis, - Perhaps Zimra, who is a local girl and no doubt knows a lot of other young women & young men in Tharbad of the same working class as herself, can put the word out and get a couple childhood friends of hers to interview for work at Orrodel House.
Yes, she can do that, if Lilly and Viv think that there is not enough servants in Orrodel.

But there is also the Morgul Lord's POV.
He has removed the hot-headed Khamul from the direction of the Orrodel group. But the Orrodel group needs a head, to keep them in line. I remember you agreed to it yourself, Lotesse. Lilly is a stubborn fool, Buz is completely under her influence and Vivvie is in love, very emotional and anyway has no authority over the other two.
So the ML will appoint another head of the Orrodel groop: one of the high ranking nazgul, and specifically Tolvadok. But how can he put him in Orrodel? Another brother/cousin? Very unlikely and suspicious. So he is going to take the post of the house-keeper. It is meant as a nasty surprise for Lilly.
CS is looking forward to be Very Surprized and Very upset, as all the nazgul hate Tolvadok.
Tolvadok has got the advertisement and is going to ask Rian for advice...But anyway he will take the job, as that was the ML order.
Now I have revealed all!
I hope, Lotesse, you are not against this little plot? It will give you and CS and Serenoli a lot of possibilities for interaction.
But if you are firmly against, please tell so now, we will abandon the idea.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #939
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I was thinking of having Khamûl tell the Chancellor, should he come or leave Aiwendis and Valandil alone.
Of course he will leave them alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMM
Gordis, just exactly what is Aiwendis planning to use as ammunition in her endeavor to blacken Mahtaliel's reputation? Personal opinion or will you be drawing on M's backstory? If it's the latter we should discuss it first. Otherwise, blacken away.
Personal opinion, yes. Her attack on the Chancellor, that left a dent on his desk. Some blackmail.

I think it is almost common knowledge that she was from Eregion and one f the Feanoreans, as even Oreturion heard of it. Sure the ML and Aiwendis know it.

But: what about her taking part in the kinslaying when Elwing was attacked and Elrond and Elros almost killed? Was there a way to learn about it? Or wasn't there? It is up to you to decide.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 PM   #940
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay.
Rian, could you split your post just before Alagos calls your name and post it after I have posted my post, as I'm going to use Rian in my post if thats ok.

Closed Thread