Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 09:52 AM   #921
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

HAHA! Elmer....er, "elimirphudh" that would be priceless! And do post the game, I am interested in how things will work out...And Lotesse- can you write her response and veiwing of the game in past tense? I think this would be a great time to show off on the sneaky-mischief-fun-factor.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 10-01-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:15 PM   #922
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hi, Shah - I love what you started with, except one small thing, Viv introduced herself and was chummy with Ray when Marty & Ray came to Orrodel for dinner the previous night, remember? So he already knows her name, and he knows she's into checking out the town, she'll be thrilled to spend a few hours more with him after breakfast, doing stuff... Not feeling super right now; will re-read the last few story posts and help post in a few hours. Thanx 4 introducing Viv to the King!! She's MUCH obliged!!

GREAT 2 see U, Valandil! We have missed you so much!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-01-2005, 02:05 PM   #923
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Udu, I am glad you joined. Have you decided what to post? Perhaps you want someone here leave you an opening?
And your Udukhaturz, is he a Numenorean or an Easterling?

Cs, Val and Shah, I loved your posts.
Val seemed too distracted to notice Viv at once, but well...
CS, will you go watch the game? Five and Khamul?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #924
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Do you like it so far, Shah? I'm trying, I hope it isn't too lame of writing - I haven't been myself much lately, but at least I'm trying! Viv & Ray are gonna do a classic frog-trick on someone, haven't decided who yet. Maybe even the King himself! Shah, you DO know you can post Viv saying stuff, too. I trust you with her! I think you have a good grasp on what she would or would not say. Am I doing O.K. with Ray so far?

Butterbeer, you around today? Wouldn't it be fun if the Constable or Barliman runs into these two this morning? He'd be wondering what they were up to, what with being a Constable and everything !

But the walk will be a short one, and I don't know how to steer towards the Game, or if I can put Viv there, or WHAT's going on; I'm afraid of messing up other people's story ideas at this point so I'll just sit back for a few posts and watch what others do.

I wonder if Lilly will be curious about Viv's new buddy-up with someone so close to the King! Plus I feel Lilly will be happy for Viv that Viv's found herself a friend, to keep her from being so intense and moody all the time.

Oh - you guys, I wanted to say, Lomi's character is like Eeyore, you know Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh but I don't know how to write it into the RPG like that today. I'm low on creative wordiness today, but I thought I'd let you-all know about Lomi being a little owl-Eeyore.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #925
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

classic! eeyore the owl ..ooh i like that! (or should that be tooo-whooo! i like that! )

not sure about arnor's elmer fudd ... hunting Owls and butterflies ... better move on gw's guild of predators and hire an assasin asap , eh Lotesse?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #926
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

R*an - Thanks for the welcome.

The Last Sane Person - I had envisioned being another faculty member.

Crazy Squirrel - "I say, start posting and we shall see!" - I am working on something right now.

Lotesse - I am familiarizing myself with the plot outlines and and older posts. I think all of you are doing a great job.

Butterbeer - "odd characterisics turned up at orrodel" - He will be trying to appear as "normal" as possible.

"maybe Udu could lodge at the University in the Professor's plush appointments (and, UDU note you: a wine cellar to rival and indeed better Orrodel) maybe in the very large well apointed and well served rooms opposite the professor of Commerce (coming soon!)" - Butterbeer

Nothing like showing up at an old acquaintance's office and moving in to sponge off him. Udu is planning to do that very thing if possible.

"i thought Professor of siege tactics the best..." -Butterbeer

I agree.

"Udu, I am glad you joined. Have you decided what to post? Perhaps you want someone here leave you an opening?" - Gordis

I have PMed you my first public posting for your advice and suggestions.

"And your Udukhaturz, is he a Numenorean or an Easterling?"

Numenorean.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:08 PM   #927
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh very interesting reading, esp Shah (the Guv ... where is he btw ) and Lotesse ... your last post was, Lotesse, the best you have written i think ... descriptive, flowing, tight, and aware of the nuances around the other characters...i especially warmed to lomi with a mix of owlishness and intelliegnce... you two have bonded very quickly and i think it helps flesh out both characters really well.

what more can i say?

Rian: glad you have some help now and will be major-domo or head of household ... a half elf of your age, from Gondolin and experience and lineage should not be doing menial jobs (as i am sure you agree)

now that you are nicely settled in to the rpg, and doing a stirling job .. maybe it is time to develop a stronger story-line ... perhaps nothing direct ... so that you can still be reactive ... but a strong sub-plot to give you somewhere to go and develop? ... and add to the rich mileau we weave...

Valandil: (car 51) ... thanks for the reply!

CS: glad you came down stairs all bright eyed and bushy tailed considering the night GW posted you guys had!

so you now have a maid ... better keep your eyes on penny

UDU: welcome to the seats of learning 7 ... Professor of Seige tactics ... hope you are more adept at your post than the Proffesor of Commerce (coming soon!) ... though i'd lay a wager he might drink you under the table ...

SHAH: wheres thr GUV' the captain of the watch ... still taking it even easier than constable BB?

Lotesse: aye' well maybe constable BB will pass by, but do not see him as a cop, he's the watch y'know ... would probably just give you good advice on where to eat and drink and think no more of it!

best all, BB
Old 10-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #928
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Val seemed too distracted to notice Viv at once, but well...
It was THE GAME!!! Sheesh... you women just don't understand... not even you undead ones!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #929
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
...not sure about arnor's elmer fudd ... hunting Owls and butterflies ... better move on gw's guild of predators and hire an assasin asap , eh Lotesse?
Not to worry... if he's about as successful as his namesake.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 10-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #930
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
your last post was, Lotesse, the best you have written i think ... descriptive, flowing, tight, and aware of the nuances around the other characters...i especially warmed to lomi with a mix of owlishness and intelliegnce... you two have bonded very quickly and i think it helps flesh out both characters really well.
I agree with BB, Lotesse. It was your best post so far! And your others were pretty good as well! Go, Lotesse!

Well well, we await your post with abated breaths, Udu!

Last edited by Gordis : 10-01-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:52 PM   #931
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*breath abated*
where IS UDU? (reminds me of the fellowship)

more to the point though where is Sir grey and his healer ....

Val:
Quote:
Not to worry... if he's about as successful as his namesake.
... maybe Elmer should join the Watch then... is he fond of pies, ale and a fireside ... a comfortable seat and a doze?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #932
Valandil

Quote:

... maybe Elmer should join the Watch then... is he fond of pies, ale and a fireside ... a comfortable seat and a doze?
Sounds about his style... and being a lesser noble, he could be sort of an 'honorary captain' of the watch... not really have to DO anything... except maybe watch all those pies, and that ale, etcetewa.

"Who watches the Watchmen?"

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 10-01-2005, 07:00 PM   #933
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

it's usually the barmaids...

EDIT *important*:
by the way getting worried about the 1,000th post thing, what happens? we start the discussion thread 2?
will the old one still be available for reference for ...er reference ... and new players?

maybe we should slow down in here till this is sorted ... discuss! ( )

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-01-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #934
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

“UDU: welcome to the seats of learning 7 ... Professor of Seige tactics ... hope you are more adept at your post than the Proffesor of Commerce (coming soon!) ... though i'd lay a wager he might drink you under the table ... ” - Butterbeer

Butterbeer or anyone, a question - Is it foreseen that there will be anyone portraying students in these classes? Or will the professors referring to their experiences in classroom lectures speak of only non-player characters?

“Well well, we await your post with abated breaths, Udu!” - Gordis

Wish me luck.

“*breath abated* where IS UDU? (reminds me of the fellowship)” - Butterbeer

Almost here.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:33 PM   #935
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Is it foreseen that there will be anyone portraying students in these classes? Or will the professors referring to their experiences in classroom lectures speak of only non-player characters?
Hi, Udu! A real quick answer to this question can be found if you've read the RPG itself, wherein the students signed up for classes and each student that is being played here had to go through the process of being approved by the Arch-Chancellor. Have you had a chance to read the RPG yet? Please do when you can; it'll help you tremendously as to finding where your own character will fit best; plus it's just good to know what's going on! Really, it's just a must. Glad to have you joining us, welcome!

Butterbeer and Gordis, thanx SO MUCH for such positive response to my post from this morning!! I had no idea it was any good; in fact I thought it was one of the WORST I'd done so far; well that just goes to show how important it is to be able to get feedback from others when one is trying to "be a writer," as I am. I guess this means I need to use more dialogue in my posts, more character-interaction. I get shy about doing it, I don't know why if I think I'm gonna be a playwright. Again, thanks SO much 4 your comments!

Old 10-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #936
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Rian we have cross-posted!I typed for so long, I missed your part. Could you change the last part. I need Rian still in the kitchen.
Done!

I'll be back in an hour or so, and I have a few hours free tonight, so I'll catch up and do some posting - yay!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #937
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Lotesse,

"A real quick answer to this question can be found if you've read the RPG itself, wherein the students signed up for classes and each student that is being played here had to go through the process of being approved by the Arch-Chancellor."

I thought I read everything but I must have missed that somewhere. Udu really wouldn't know about the students yet anyway and is really hoping the Chancellor will not put him the next day but give him a week to get accustomed to everything. Otherwise, he will be like the typical new professor and be flustered through the first three weeks of class, and not even have a syllabus prepared for it.

"Have you had a chance to read the RPG yet? Please do when you can; it'll help you tremendously as to finding where your own character will fit best; plus it's just good to know what's going on! Really, it's just a must. Glad to have you joining us, welcome!"

I have read through the summary and have begun reading the original posts, but I am not quite caught up yet. Just bear with me.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #938
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, I loved your introductory story-post, udu! I was under the impression, though, that you were gonna be a Nazgul - am I wrong, are you a Nazgul or am I just not reading it right? It's an extremely interesting character, whether Nazgul or no - he seems a bit like a renegade blue-blood assasin-for-hire to me, like a Dunedain ranger gone wrong. I love all the detail you put into it; his affinity for horses, his clothing & gear, etcetera. Can you give us a character bio for him, you could post it in the Calling All Nazgul formal info thread. I admire your writing skills; great stuff indeed!

Old 10-01-2005, 11:28 PM   #939
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
now that you are nicely settled in to the rpg, and doing a stirling job .. maybe it is time to develop a stronger story-line ... perhaps nothing direct ... so that you can still be reactive ... but a strong sub-plot to give you somewhere to go and develop? ... and add to the rich mileau we weave...
Yes, I'll be working on it, and hopefully will have something in a week or so, when the school candy sale dies down (die, you fiendish sale, die!!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-01-2005, 11:33 PM   #940
Rían

CS - I just realized that in an earlier post of mine, rpg-Rian had told Galaddanun that all the positions were filled, and in your post, she says all but the lady's maid. I like what you did with that, so I'll go back and edit my post.

Closed Thread