Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #901
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Of course! Just let me know when you're ready.
Maybe the new kitchen girl could be named "Zimra?' Zimra means "jewel," it's a pretty little name. Lômi (my new owl) means a fair night under the stars, if you want to know!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #902
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Will Annawen be at the restaurant when Viv hooks up with Ray & Marty?
Yes, I made her available for that

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:50 PM   #903
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, Zimra is pretty I like that - Zimra it is!

Now how do you come up with these names? Is there some list of prefixes and stems somewhere that I'm not aware of, or some name-generator?

GTG now, I'll let you know about the edit later.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 09-30-2005, 05:57 PM   #904
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Well, I just look through this site Ardalambion, about the languages and words of middle-earth:

http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/

Old 09-30-2005, 06:24 PM   #905
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Wonderful posts today, Rian, Lotesse!

I loved "Zimra": it is in Adunaic, by the way, so very appropriate.

Where is CS?
Where are Shah and Val?
Old 09-30-2005, 06:25 PM   #906
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx, Gordis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis

Where is CS?
Where are Shah and Val?
This is what I'D like to know, too. *pinepinepine*

Old 09-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #907
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

yes, second that, 2 great names today the doc's falcon and zimra ... beaten only by Lômi "a fair night under the stars" !

truly evocative.
tooo-wheee!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:42 PM   #908
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Oh, BB, You are killing your Widow!

Well, young Barliman sounds promising. Don't forget the Prof of Commerce!
Old 09-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #909
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

in the immortal words of hong kong fooey: "maybe..."

she's certainly ill ... all depends on sir greyflood's good Doc, the luscivious leach extraordinairre of tharbad ...
Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #910
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
That's actually how I'm afraid it would begin... then it would become a VERY long-term relationship!

EDIT: I mean, come on... not even your MOTHER warned you about THESE kinda girls!

I was thinking about that part, yeah. Momma, poor woman, never knew! Eternal hell...what kinda lovers quarrels those would be...
Old 09-30-2005, 07:40 PM   #911
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Greetings! I have arrived in the right department, I believe. Perhaps you need another professor at the university? Or a thief or an assassin. My abilities are varied.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:50 PM   #912
Rían

Hello, Udukhaturz! Nice to meet you

Lotesse -
The idea I had with rpg-RÃ*an is that she doesn't HAVE to work - she's an elf, several thousand years old (the fall of Gondolin was quite a ways back!), and is very capable of taking care of herself and living off the land, or of heading back to some of the elven settlements and living there. She just gets these fits, being half-elven, of wanting to be among humans, and finds that jobs like this lets her do that. So she would NOT put up with over-hard usage or insults - she'd just leave.

So could you keep the "right away, sir", and the "wishing to have no further tension ..." part - I like that, and that's entirely in character. Just please change the thought part to something like "I'm so glad I got such good helpers so soon", she thought to herself, "it looks like we're going to need them! Do we even HAVE any venison sausage?" And she wouldn't be feeling "bitter annoyance", either - maybe slight annoyance at the curt request, tho.

Thanks

Last edited by Rían : 09-30-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #913
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
*pinepinepine*
TREE!

AI! AI! I am come! Feeling just a smidge better, and trying REALLLLY hard to do correct spelling.....

Welcome Udu! You could show up as another student and family member of the existing Nazgul troop. (Marty and Ray might roll their eyes at this addition though)

Last edited by The last sane person : 09-30-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #914
Rían

thanks, Gordis!

and mucho thanks, Lotesse, for that site - I'm gonna be busy for awhile reading it!! Great site!

Old 09-30-2005, 08:17 PM   #915
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Hi, Udu!!!
Glad you are with us! I think you can come to report to the Chancellor and he will tell you what to do. You may be surprized to see him or you may not. Up to you. And you may go meet Aiwendis, she is there at the Palace also.

Or you can come to Orrodel mansion first, to Khamul, Five and Lilly and Vin.

A Professor of something? There are these " Seige tactics" or something like that. Eh? Or a Master of Arms at the Uni?
A Tief we got already, Viniglaen. And Assassin - not yet I believe. Now we are only spying.

I say, start posting and we shall see!

Rian we have cross-posted!I typed for so long, I missed your part. Could you change the last part. I need Rian still in the kitchen.
BB, Lotesse, Rian - cute posts
Old 09-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #916
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Ciao, Udu! Welcome! Had a chance to read the RPG yet? What do you think?

Rian - I fixed it 4 U. Glad you like her name!

Butterbeer - Very entertaining stuff! Nice! I like your new cop and Barliman.

Crazy Squirrel - Fantastic! So much fun to read, I like how you depict the mood in that room.

Shah - That's a perfect depiction, too! I like Ray's outfit, and shifty-seeming distracted mien. And it's an impeccable lead for Viniglaen, which I will get too soon but can you PM me with some ideas on how Viv & Ray ought to proceed?
Not feeling great right now, will post later on...

Old 09-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #917
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oops, well, hang on, that outfit was for marty...But it fits ray more, i'll make a new one for marty....i think that pming first would be good.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #918
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well it's up to Udu ... welcome un-quiet one! let me know your character Udu and i'll write it in the thrird way, the now sadly unguarded street (that's the info thread) ...

it may push belief to complete stretching point if another "family member" with odd characterisics turned up at orrodel .... another one who also was another professor at the uni!!!

maybe Udu could lodge at the University in the Professor's plush appointments (and, UDU note you: a wine cellar to rival and indeed better Orrodel) maybe in the very large well apointed and well served rooms opposite the professor of Commerce (coming soon! )

as i say Udu will choose himself what character his Nazgul will appear as, but of the suggestions made so far, i thought Professor of siege tactics the best... plus having a third Nazgul at the uni will give Gordis more opportunities to develop her characters and the Morgul Lord (him also btw being Captain of my "fantasy football" footie (real footie, not american football! ) team .... Udu you will discover i can on occasion digresss somewhat!

well i see we still need to know from CAR 51 ... i mean "VALANDIL" ... "WHERE ARE YOU?"

about the rochdol game - Val it was only yesteday or the day before ... so only about a hundred posts back!

so we know whether

a) it is put back to monday
b) goes ahead today but is deliberatey short (not sure this is possible in the rules though?)
c) we cheat this once and ensure it finishes quick
d) val, marty, ral estelmo, mr O etc et al watch as long as they can then go to the reception.... and maybe hope the game is still going on in the morning?

Valandil question : Valandil question : Valandil question :

can we play in the game, or can there be substitutes? i am guessing if it can potentially go on over some days then there would be switches of players?

therefore any rpg players that might want to actually play rather than watch could take turns? Thus Val. marty, ray and estelmo and Mr O etc could all if they wished play a while , yet withdraw as and when other commitments allowed?

and who is playing:
a greater tharbad team v's some Gondorian lads? those stupid southern gondorian guards the king is less than keen on? Or maybe Osgiliath Uni?
Old 10-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #919
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Rian, I'd say Professer was probably the best option aswell.
Lotesse. Thanks for emptying your PM box. Haven't read the breakfast thing yet, but I'm sure it will be fine.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #920
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

All: Sorry - I 've only had a few minutes at a time on the last several days - not good enough to work up a post (barely time to read the new posts in the game - and to quickly scan those in the disc thread). I'm hoping this weekend - but I actually slept in this morning (Sat)... didn't get up until 7!! (and the boys are already up)

BB: I have in mind for the game to still be early on Sunday. In fact, I had meant to do a post where Marty and Ray were playing - but now I'm wondering if they're otherwise occupied and will forget to show up for the game. I think the opponent should be a rival university - but kind of local - I hadn't decided yet... maybe a school from Minhiriath or Sarn Ford. And yes - I was going to just have Val watch because of his ankle - and then go to the reception that evening (after a likely stop at The Red Herring).

(EDIT: oh - and no switches of players in rochdol... that might un-necessarily lengthen the game... I doubt it would normally go over 24 hours - with most games probably decided in 3-6 - maybe there will be some aspects of the 'college game' that ensure it doesn't go too long)

So anyway, I'm not sure now where to put everyone...

Rian: I've got some potential family names for you: Aracud, Aradud, Araspud, Aramud, Arasud...

And I'm trying to think up someone to fit a name I'm tempted to use - maybe a small-time local noble... a 'thane' or something: Elmir Phudh or just Elmirphudh (who hunts "waskawy wobins and otha fwying animaws") ("incwuding owws and buttafwies... eh-heh-heh-heh-heh!" ) Maybe I can have him show up for the reception or something.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 10-01-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Closed Thread