Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #861
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

anyway...

Mari im thinking that since Nami and Ellysa are having dreams of the past maybe they can work together on it.
I had a bit of an idea that it was some evil in dol gladur that was bringing Nami's fear and dreams up and maybe making Abasi and Quickleaf fight, like the ring turning the fellowship against each other, dol gladur is turning them against them selfs and their fears.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #862
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

I don't want to cause trouble - I never did.

If Coffeehouse wants to PM me, it's fine. I suggested that several pages ago, I believe. But I'm not going to be changing my view that he needs to delete that post.

EDIT:
Quote:
I also emphasized beforehand I had never before been in an RPG, much less fought in one, yet you decided to not write about any physical contact at all. If these holy rules are so important, why not simply tell me first?
And yet you make rude and sarcastic comments when I tried to tell you anything. How am I supposed to work with that? I would have been glad to tell you - if you had asked. It is not my responsibility to figure out what you know and don't know.

~The Lay of Leithian

Last edited by Curufin : 05-26-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #863
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I've already edited. Your que.

*Btw seriously, stop arguing. I've admitted lots of things now. Let's see some humbleness from you too ok?*

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-26-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #864
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

I'm not arguing.

Anyway, Eärniel's post renders the argument moot.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #865
Coffeehouse

And you have to edit your original post, and your newest post which states that I lent my hand to you. Which I didn't since I'm lying several feet away.. Lol? Be consistent!
Old 05-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #866
Mari
Elf Lady

Nami, thanks for editing.
And sure, if you've got an idea, feel free to contact me any way you like.
That goes for everyone by the way.
Ellysa has a useful ability for twists or making things right that are wrong (or the other way around), use it.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #867
Coffeehouse

Please tell me by PM or in here when you've edited the two last posts you wrote.

At least the rest of you can post now without having to worry about us cutting you down
Old 05-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #868
Mari
Elf Lady

It's a big camp. I can move perfectly fine without worrying about two people playing with swords

Old 05-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #869
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Guy, guys, this is a role play game, a cooperative effort in writing a good game. Working together on writing an interesting story, right? Together, not against one another.

Killing or seriously injuring another one's character without the owner's consent is indeed bad manners in a RPG. Also, I don't believe in insta-healing, if you made your character injured, be assured he or she will need proper time to recover from it. So take this in consideration if you edit your fight-posts, if need be.

Please, you are all mature people. Surely you can go about this politely and respectfully. If we can't do this properly without resentment and anger among players, there's really no point in doing this game at all.

So play nice.

It's either that, or I'm going to throw one mighty tantrum that the likes of the 'moot hasn't seen in years. And trust me, that would get ugly. Your call.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #870
orithil
Captain Jack

So are we editing that fight out or not? just so I know if I should edit my post

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #871
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Earniel handled it. Radagast created a sort of concussive blow between the two fighters and thus put an end to it. So the fight ended. We're still apparently near Dol Guldur and Ingwionis needs to talk to Radagast about some plans. Then we'll eventually be up and out of Dol Guldur within the next few days, I think. One part of the journey is about to end, another begins, and this time there's essentially going to be a fork in the road, as could eventually be expected, that is, if approved. The great thing about someone's role-playing character dying is that, well, you can end up having another character later on (unless somehow in dying in the RPG you die in real life, which would be pretty lame), if the company runs into someone new or something. I don't think that's going to happen yet, at least not today.

Orthil, you're right, in some places, somebody would get hanged for that kinda thing. But it's an RPG and with all the plot twists that have already happen, heh, it's not going to matter one way or another, unless in the end of it all it becomes a full version writing, then, as they say, "Houston, we've got a problem."

Every RPG is going to run into problems, damage can't be avoided, only minimized, and sometimes damage can be, heh, quite fun. I kinda liked the fight in a way, the only fight that I would have to...sorta go ahead and ummmm...disagree with is the ahhhh...player on player fight. Character vs. character, different story though. In a forum-based RPG you basically have as many lives as you want (though not in the same character) and you can pretty much expend them as you will, until you get blocked from the RPG board or banned altogether, then infinite lives count for nothing anymore.

EDIT!

Also, the fight ended a few posts up, I had in my post put a flashback to before the fight was over, but it was over before I posted, quote from fight's end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
The shadow-marten watched in disbelief. No! No! They could not fight amongst themselves! It writhed in anger, its form shifting between substance and smoke, its claws cratching angry on the rocks and the next moment going through the very stony without mark.

No, no, no, it had waited so long. So long for somebody to come. And all that came was a bunch of murderers.

It screamed.

A long wail of sorrow and disappointment rented the evening sky.

~~~

Radagast watched the fight with seeming impassiveness. Secretely he had no intention of letting the two kill each other, but it seemed these hot-heads would not stop unless they've tasted some of the dire consequences of such rash actions. The disbelief and disgust with which the other adventurers looked at the fight at least seemed to indicate they'd think twice about fighting amongst themselves to this extent.

The unexpected scream gave him a good opportunity to act. For a moment the fighters hesitated. Radagast raised his staff and something bright exploded between the two duelling Elves, sending them both flying back, adding some minor burns to their previous injuries and pride.

"Ah," Radagast said in the silence that followed. "Now I see why Gandalf swore by fireworks. Well, first blood has been drawn now, and if even the ghosts of Dol Guldur express their displeasure, I hope that is enough for you two hot-heads."
Additionally the fighters will be in healing for what seems like quite a while, so it looks like we must remain where we are, at least for a while.

Last edited by Ingwe : 05-27-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #872
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orithil View Post
So are we editing that fight out or not? just so I know if I should edit my post
The fight doesn't need to go. If there is anything to edit, it's the extent of the combattants wounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
We're still apparently near Dol Guldur and Ingwionis needs to talk to Radagast about some plans. Then we'll eventually be up and out of Dol Guldur within the next few days, I think.
Woah now, not so fast, young Padawan. We're not finished with Dol Guldur just yet, or is it: Dol Guldur isn't finished with us yet?

Quote:
Also, the fight ended a few posts up, I had in my post put a flashback to before the fight was over, but it was over before I posted, quote from fight's end...
Man, you make long posts. If I got it right, you want to take A'mael and Ingwionis on a side-quest? Fighting the castellans to get a map together and then follow it to a forest in the east?

EDIT: Everyone, please finish what else you wanted to do with your character for this evening. In a couple of (real days) I'd like to start on the second day of exploration of Dol Guldur. Maybe a few others who said they would go down but didn't do so on the first day, can go in now.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #873
Coffeehouse

Everything's been edited actually. Except Curufin has yet to edit a post where I am supposedly attacking a tree... And she's not done it yet.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #874
Earniel

Oh, I see now. But if you have Quickleaf already surrendering the fight, there's little point to Radagast's fireworks as he did that only to stop the fight.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #875
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

ok ive descided i definatly want Nami to go into the scary dark and i dont want to miss out on the experience if this is going to be the last trip down there. the only thing is i think it would be out of char' for her to willingly go down her self so i need ideas on getting her down there!

oh and also im trying to the consistent with my char. i realise i probably go a bit out of char at times and im trying to work on it so if i do please tell me!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #876
Coffeehouse

Okey I've now used Äyenthil during the battle and the immediate aftermath, since it was his warrior name in his captain-days in Lorien. But I'll use Quickleaf again now

Cool Nami wants the dark!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #877
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

no Nami wants to stay in the light its me that wants to go down there!

oh and Nami's not talking to Quickleaf now!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #878
Coffeehouse

Haha he's deserved it I guess..
Old 05-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #879
Mari
Elf Lady

How did I end up doing the dishes?
I blame the boys

Old 05-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #880
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

You were drying them as Haldis did them because when she asked the boys to do them and left them unsupervised they pulled out the swords and started slicing each other to bitsies.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Closed Thread