Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #841
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Well if you're going to attack me now that you have an arrow embedded in your neck, and a slash down your spine you'll certainly die.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #842
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Heh. So you think.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #843
Coffeehouse

LOL. A poplar tree? Haha Funny..

But you can make imaginative posts if you want. My post still stands. And you my friend need medical care, just as you've punctured my liver you need to pull back when you've injured me or wait for the consequence.. you chose the latter. A bit too late to change your mind

But I take this fight is over. Let's see how much you live up to your word concerning deadly wounds in battle (or at least losing).
Old 05-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #844
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

poor tree very inventive Curufin!

how do you survive a life threatening wound?

make it never happen!
Old 05-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #845
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

No, actually your post doesn't stand. You're godmodding to an extent that is against the rules. You don't have the right to seriously injure or kill another person's character, and there is no way Abasi could realistically survive that. And plus, I never said I punctured your liver - you came up with that on your own. You could have said it was 'but a scratch' - that was your choice to make it more serious.

Seriously, that post where you seriously injured Abasi needs to be edited. It was fine until then.

Quote:
Let's see how much you live up to your word concerning deadly wounds in battle (or at least losing).
I am not Abasi.

~The Lay of Leithian

Last edited by Curufin : 05-26-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #846
Coffeehouse

Hehe no no. You slashed into my stomach. Be realistic please, what do expect, that only some blood trickles out?

My post so emphatically stands. Accept it, you had chances, you started this battle with the option of losing, I had chances, and you chose a big wound and to smile with satisfaction. That's losing focus in battle

Cope with it. A White Council wizard is by the tree. Better get over to him.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #847
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Dude, if I'd wanted this to end, I could have cut you in half in the first post. I actually typed it. Why didn't I? Because it's against the rules. You DON'T kill someone's character - or seriously injure them.

Look, I've RP'ed for eleven years, and this is your first RP. I know how these things work, okay? No killing another person's character, or inflicting lasting damage without their permission. I don't care who wins (I'm not Abasi) but I do care that this is done fairly, and it wasn't.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #848
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

erm...ok im confessed who's dieing?

cant we call it a draw?

Curufin is right. ive been rping for a few years now (i know it dont look like it!) and you dont kill someones char unless they says its ok. i've been in a few rp's that have dead a death because of Godmodding.

Last edited by feawen : 05-26-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #849
Coffeehouse

Fine, expert. We're all clear that your not Abasi okay Curu, Abasi, Curu, Abasi. Real, RPG, Real, RPG. No worries

I want to point out though. I only wrote that Äyenthil waited for the fall. That's your que. You can decide not to let Abasi fall, you can decide to let Abasi scream out in pain, but get medical attention. Or you can let Abasi die, which he seems to be very interested in lately..

For one, slashing your spine need not be lethal. Depends on how many nerves Äyenthil hit. And the arrow in your neck. Nothing, it could be completely harmless. But Abasi is wounded, so am I (the liver is pretty serious you know), and at least have the humility to accept them. You did challenge me with a sword for asking you to behave more properly. Where's the realism in that?

Nobody's saying he's dead, or dying. Half of the people in here have magical powers. Improvise

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-26-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #850
Mari
Elf Lady

Nami, could you please edit your post to see arms instead of hands? I didn't specify it yet but somehow it seems important. In my mental image she ran forward holding her hands up in front of her face.
Sorry >_<

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #851
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

no problem Mari! im off to edit!

edited!! i swore i read hands. i think i made that up! i read words that aren't there!

Last edited by feawen : 05-26-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #852
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

1. The liver wound was your idea. Not mine. Find one place in my post where I said I hit your liver. Wait - I didn't! I said it was an inch and a half deep. Your liver is - shockingly - deeper than that. So that was your choice, not mine.

2. How in god's name is slashing my spine and sticking an arrow in my neck not lethal?

3. How do you get to decide who wins this fight? That is something that both RP'ers need to decide together. One doesn't just get to decide that they're going to kill the other one and the other is stupid and "egotistical" if they disagree. You decided that Quickleaf would defeat Abasi. Did I have any input into that? No. I didn't. Not even an 'is this okay?' in the word aside. Abasi is not your character. How do you know that he wouldn't have feinted away and avoided that entirely? You acted for him in that post, which is not alright. I escalated it to the point they were injuring each other only after you did - but planned to keep the wounds small and non-lethal. I was uncomfortable doing that as I usually leave all wounds to the other RPer, but thought that since you started it I wouldn't call you on it. So don't blame me for this - you don't RP for other RPers, and you certainly don't kill them.

If you refuse to edit, I'll ask Eärniel to do so.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #853
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Hehe no no. You slashed into my stomach. Be realistic please, what do expect, that only some blood trickles out?
She specified how wide the wound was, but not how deep. It was pretty close to not being ambiguous enough, but you could still have said that while wide, the wound was shallow.

You wrote an entirely unambiguous killing blow, two of them, as being inflicted on her character without first gaining her permission to do that. It's very definitely against the rules. Sorry.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #854
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
1. The liver wound was your idea. Not mine. Find one place in my post where I said I hit your liver. Wait - I didn't! I said it was an inch and a half deep. Your liver is - shockingly - deeper than that. So that was your choice, not mine.

2. How in god's name is slashing my spine and sticking an arrow in my neck not lethal?

3. How do you get to decide who wins this fight? That is something that both RP'ers need to decide together. One doesn't just get to decide that they're going to kill the other one and the other is stupid and "egotistical" if they disagree. You decided that Quickleaf would defeat Abasi. Did I have any input into that? No. I didn't. Not even an 'is this okay?' in the word aside. Abasi is not your character. How do you know that he wouldn't have feinted away and avoided that entirely? You acted for him in that post, which is not alright. I escalated it to the point they were injuring each other only after you did - but planned to keep the wounds small and non-lethal. I was uncomfortable doing that as I usually leave all wounds to the other RPer, but thought that since you started it I wouldn't call you on it. So don't blame me for this - you don't RP for other RPers, and you certainly don't kill them.

If you refuse to edit, I'll ask Eärniel to do so.
The point I'm making is that you went into this fight with promises of one of us dying, you attacked me first, you break the bones in my foot, slash my stomach and cut my wrist. What do you expect lol

I haven't killed you. You're insisting that I'm killing you with those blows. I didn't say anything about my slashes, only that they happened. People don't die from wounds in the back you know. People have survived arrows embedded in their eyes...

We can compromise though. You edit away the broken foot (Äyenthil takes pride in his pace), I'll edit away the sword in your back.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #855
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

In all the RPs I've ever been in, it has been against the rules to kill or seriously injure another PC.

Even if you didn't intend the wounds Quickleaf inflicted to be fatal, Coffeehouse, I still think they'd be classified as 'serious injury' and so you ought to have consulted with Curufin via PM or the word aside before posting anything like that.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #856
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

erm... as a nurse in real life can i just add that a wound to your liver would kill you pretty quick, its got one of the biggest blood supplies in the body and back injures are bad! might not kill you but can certainly stop you walking again.

sorry but my medical mind just wanted to sort that out!
Old 05-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #857
Coffeehouse

Just like Curufin PM'ed me about breaking the bones in my foot? Prior to that I'd given him a knick to the forehead.. C'mon if you're going to point out RPG-no-goes, please be even-handed.

So what do you want to do Curufin? I'm happy to edit if you do so too
Old 05-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #858
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

This isn't about compromise. This is about the fact that you acted contrary to the rules of RP. The First Commandment of RP, actually. Go back and read the fight. You were the one to escalate to each and every level of injury. You were the first one to make physical contact with my character (you headbutted me). You were the first one to draw blood, and then you killed me. I followed your lead, because I knew you were new and didn't want to call you out on it as long as it stayed with minor injuries.

Then you came out of nowhere with this killing blow (or at least very serious injury - which is the same thing - you don't do it without consulting the RPer).

What did I expect to happen? I expected this to go on without either of us causing serious injury to the other (because I had no intention of doing so to Quickleaf) until it was somehow broken up by someone pulling Quickleaf out of it, or Radagast telling Abasi to stop. With no serious injury.

Did you ask? No. You took it in your hands to do serious injury to my character without even a 'by your leave' and then expect me simply to accept this as 'oh, ok, my character is seriously injured (most likely dying) because you said so.'

Sorry, no can do.

EDIT: And I said 'likely' broke some bones - leaving room for you to say 'no bones were broken.' And again, I didn't mention 'liver'. That was all you, Coffeehouse.

~The Lay of Leithian

Last edited by Curufin : 05-26-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #859
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Might I suggest that the two of you go and hash this out over PM before Earniel decides the thread needs a cool down period?

Forget about the business of who started it, re-write both sides so that all parties are satisfied, then come back and insert the edited version. Please.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #860
Coffeehouse

I concede that I seem to have broken some holy rule in RPG, but stop excusing your posts. You wrote you stamped on my foot likely breaking bones. What do you expect I write, I have superfeet that can stand anything?

I also emphasized beforehand I had never before been in an RPG, much less fought in one, yet you decided to not write about any physical contact at all. If these holy rules are so important, why not simply tell me first?

In the end we'll just edit our posts. Stop arguing about this though, let's move on. I'm a newbie okay. Happy?
Closed Thread