Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:47 AM   #841
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Shah: hope you get well soon.

That does not sound good at all ...

hope you do get to feeling good again, man.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:08 AM   #842
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
When in the world is Valandil gonna post - king Val, we need you!!
OK - I guess we're probably ready for Sunday to come, eh? You guys could start in on early morning - and I'll try to get something soon.

I've been wanting to keep a promise to Rosie regarding our 'Fall of Numenor' thread - and haven't even been able to post there yet.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:10 PM   #843
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Of course, his two most loyal stooges awaite their leige's posty!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #844
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Ciao, Shah! I'm sending you as many positive get-well vibes as I can - it's my version of "praying" 4 you! Viv really wants to make friends with Ray, especially - I think they may have made a good buddy connexion last time they chilled together... I can't wait 'til you post a bit of story.

Also, I can't wait 'till Valandil is able to put something, and Butterbeer, too. I wish Earniel would come back also.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #845
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

I hope all will be well with you, Shah!
We love you here!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:26 PM   #846
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

CS - cool post; this is gonna be good, with Annawen. Are you doing her? Viniglaen liked Annawen, too; she'll be happy to see her again I think.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #847
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, name-people - I need help with a name, please! I felt so sorry for Annawen that I invented a Prince Charming for her! But I'm awful at inventing names - any ideas for names that sound something like "prince" or "charming"? (or any other names?)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:25 PM   #848
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I've no idea about an appropriate name, but what a nice idea for a new guy! I'm looking forward to seeing this sub-plot romance develop; my curiousity's definitely piqued now. A nice surprise, Rian - loved it!
BTW, is there a bio out on Annawen - can't remember if I saw one or not. Will double-check right now, then I gotta go 4 the afternoon...

Old 09-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #849
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

whats Numenorian for 'stud-muffin'?

well, will try and post in a bit ...

its dawn on sunday morning right? the rochdol game is happening today ? or Val sees the chancellor today? Val will certainly have a hectic schedule

maybe the game could be on monday, a kind of uni tradition to start the new academic year?

are we playing a rival lot or is it an internal tharbad game? Like existentialists v bridge builders, or wine tasters v poetry? Or house v house? maybe uni v the gondorian guards (grudge match )

Only Valandil can answer (and everyone else of course!) ... by the way how are our plans to kidnap Rosie going?

well, i am thinking i may kill off the old widow ... and have constable BB investigate ... any thoughts all?

could be a kind of 'who shot Mr Burns...' ... though not necessarily shot ...

mmm not sure ...

maybe Lotesse could help me out with a council of owls (like the cs lewis one: dawn treader i think ...) ...something for boomerang to develop for later maybe...

but i definately need a two-legged 'walker' i think ...
Old 09-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #850
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

If I can be in a council of owls, does that mean I get to play an owl, too? I would like that very much. But first you make the owls, so I know what to go on, and then I'd just LOVE to be a part of the council of owls! Viv likes owls too, you know. Maybe she could have an owl, like Harry Potter does.

Gotta go right now, tho - have an appointment, and Im making myself late...

Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM   #851
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

good luck with the appointment!

yeah, i'll introduce the owls then
Old 09-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #852
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB,
I advise to have the game on Sunday. We should have a public event, I believe, for all to participate. If we go directly to Sunday Chancellor's VIP reception, then there will be a lot of players out of it. As it stands there should be Val + a few of his characters, like Estelmo, CIA-guy and Ohtar, Ray&Marty, Chancellor, Aiwendis, Galadannun and Earniel (Earniel! Please! don't miss the reception! )

As for the game, I believe everyone should go there.

As for walking characters, it will be great if you take or invent someone. There was talk about a Professor of Commerce we shall surely need, for the "funny" class.
There are still 3 nazgul missing.
There is new Annawen's Beau. (Nice post, Rian, though I thought Annawen was set on King Val!)
There must be somebody like the Governor or the Major of Tharbad city at the reception.
You have a wide choice.

I think investigating a murder of an old widow will be too dull. I am afraid Lotesse might be tempted to steal some crown jewels, when she finds no ring. Constable BB investigating the theft of the Scepter of Andunie or of the Ring of Barahir is more fun.
But it is all up to you.

Re: name for the new Beau. He is a commoner, so perhaps something in Adunaic will do? Adzubel, Azraphor, Belzagar... mmm, no, ask somebody else.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #853
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ok but you know these rochdol games can go on for days sometimes, right?

it would have to be after the arch-chancellor meeting ... and starting in the evening may be odd? you will have to ask valandil though, he's the Rochdol expert. Bear in mind the game was put back already and im sure the king and his advisers and marty and ray would all like to either play or watch ... so i suggest it may be better after the meeting / recpetion ... but am open to any suggestions

course our game may well be shorter .. for any host of reasons ... but you would not play in it or watch it if you had an important meeting with your kin and arch-chancellor ( and "subject" of course ) ... so it would have to be after i think ... anyway see what everyone and esp Valandil thinks.

plus there are many openings meantime for owls ... that can be posted by all without causing any headaches: some posters may even want to adopt a character owl of course ....

or the other characters could meet up in a pub awaiting the game while the recption is held?

mmm the commerce fuddy duddy sounds tempting ... as does Constable BB investigating the theft of the crown jewels ... ... anyone ever seen any of those old Will Hay films???

I was toying though, with the old widow's nephew, young Barliman, who dreams one day of starting an Inn somewhere...
Old 09-28-2005, 06:54 PM   #854
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
whats Numenorian for 'stud-muffin'?

Yeah, I'm trying for the "hunky pool boy" type of thing here

Oh, the commerce prof. would be funny! I like that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
There is new Annawen's Beau. (Nice post, Rian, though I thought Annawen was set on King Val!)
well, you know, kind of an Eowyn/Aragorn thing, with the hunky stable guy being Faramir (I knew she didn't have a chance with Val, tho I think she might still have a crush on him)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 09-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #855
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
ok but you know these rochdol games can go on for days sometimes, right?
Oh! Now I didn't know it. How dull... (voicing the opinion of all Arnor ladies)

Quote:
it would have to be after the arch-chancellor meeting ... and starting in the evening may be odd? you will have to ask valandil though, he's the Rochdol expert. Bear in mind the game was put back already and im sure the king and his advisers and marty and ray would all like to either play or watch ... so i suggest it may be better after the meeting / recpetion ... but am open to any suggestions
No, the VIP reception is set for 7 PM! It will be not at all like with the common students. There will be banquet and dances, minstrels etc... Late into the night.

But the game may well be in the morning, I deem, ending around 4-5 PM at the latest. Is there not enough time?

Quote:
"course our game may well be shorter .. for any host of reasons ... but you would not play in it or watch it if you had an important meeting with your kin and arch-chancellor ( and "subject" of course ) ... so it would have to be after i think ... anyway see what everyone and esp Valandil thinks."
Sur Val must decide, But I don't see why Val cant watch the game in the morning and go to the reception in the evening.

Quote:
plus there are many openings meantime for owls ... that can be posted by all without causing any headaches: some posters may even want to adopt a character owl of course ....
or the other characters could meet up in a pub awaiting the game while the recption is held?
I suggest AFTER the game everyone sits in a pub, or in Orrodel, Viv goes to burglar the King's house and all the VIPs go to the reception. And mind you, BB, "the commerce fuddy duddy" will be invited to the VIP reception as a Professor. Sounds tempting? Some comic relief at the reception might be fun.

Quote:
I was toying though, with the old widow's nephew, young Barliman, who dreams one day of starting an Inn somewhere...
You can introduce him as well.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #856
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well whatever ... don't mind either way

the only thing with rochdol .. there is no time limit on it, as i understand it .. it ends when it ends ... 1 hr , 5 days ... thats the joy of it ...

suppose they could say "well, we'll watch till xyz time and then go to the recpetion .. and hope its still going on after?"

would mean they could not play in it though because they could not commit to both as they do not know how long the game may last!

me being an old fuddy duddy & teaching commerce could be fun ... to a bunch of lustful girls, my king, and bill and ted ( i mean marty and ray, or was it rosencrantz and G?)

may not be the most economical of lessons though...

best BB
Old 09-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #857
Rían

BB - I love the gull and the coach thing! Great post!

Old 09-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #858
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Nice post, BB! Are you gonna put more? I like the owl-speak, so cute!

Old 09-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #859
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

cheers. yeah will try today but is unlikely, will be on a shoot till reasonably late tonight too, so dunno when exactly...
Old 09-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #860
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Me and Lotesse had this idea via PM. Khamûl could fin out about what Viv did through mind manipulation and want to be involved in looking for the Ring. In payment for Viv cutting him in on it he proposes the give Viv provate lessons on mind manipulation and protection at lunchtimes at the University. What do you all think?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Closed Thread