Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #841
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I have the good fortune of being able to just ignore them here, without being rude. They don't care about theology, and I don't care about which guy is cute . They don't talk to me, and I don't talk to them. It's quite simple. I'm very sorry, RÃ*an, that you can't do things the same way.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #842
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmilder
Entmoot turns six years old this month, and in about a year and a half, it will have been ten years since I launched my first Tolkien site. Mind-boggling .
Six years already? We should so have a party!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
I actually wrote a paper on this sort of thing, but the basic idea of it was that I (personally) don't like those heavily-made-up women (or girls--eww). You can TELL when a woman thinks waaaay too much about herself.

I dunno... maybe some guys like that, but when I go to class I can tell which girls are intellegent and which are just 'the blond bimbo'. I do.not.like.stupid.girls .
Oh, so the use of make-up is related to a girl's intelligence now? You're not scoring much point that way, girl-friend.

VENT: *whines* Gimme back my sunny summer weather! I wasn't finished dragging out all the cool warm-weather-stuff I could be wearing! I can never wear this kind of stuff. This is so unfun...
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #843
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(what's really funny in all this is that one of my best friends today, and one of those on the camping trip, was once *gasp* a cheerleader in high school!)

(but you would never guess it! )

(and she doesn't have blonde hair)

[/prejudiced prejudging attitude]

(last sentence is serious - the "end of prejudiced prejudging attitude" thing - I'm really, REALLY going to try hard to get out of my comfort zone and lose my old prejudices and reach out to them as individuals. If any reach back, great! If not, well, at least I tried.)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:02 PM   #844
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

*temporarily lets steam blow out his ears*
Old 09-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #845
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel

Oh, so the use of make-up is related to a girl's intelligence now? You're not scoring much point that way, girl-friend.
Take off yer make-up, Eärniel, yer face is fairer without it .
Old 09-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #846
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Sorry for causing so much work for you Tessar; it was somewhat compulsive of me to start a new thread, next time i'll make sure it doesn't exist

and yes i'm on topic, i'm mad at myself for being hasty hoom
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 09-09-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #847
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hey I understand--a lot of people get frustrated when their post(s) get delete/edited/moved.

Don't sweat it: you didn't know about the Jokes Thread, and it only took me about 30 seconds to fix everything up .
Old 09-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #848
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
(last sentence is serious - the "end of prejudiced prejudging attitude" thing - I'm really, REALLY going to try hard to get out of my comfort zone and lose my old prejudices and reach out to them as individuals. If any reach back, great! If not, well, at least I tried.)
That's good. Also on the good side (or, perhaps bad, depending on what type of people they turn out to be I guess), you'll be getting an idea of what kinds of kids your son is around.

VENT: So I went back to school today, and realized I'd forgotten about this girl who developed a mad crush on me at the end of last year. She's painfully dumb (not ditsy blondie dumb, but in all remedial classes and getting D's there and completely unambitious), but also hugely emotionaly unstable. Of course she was the first person to spot me, and she held me up so I couldn't catch up with anyone else at all. I can't figure out how to get her to leave me alone.

Never thought this would've been a problem for me on the very first day of school.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:52 AM   #849
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
I am glad, GW, that you are fine!
Please, don't forget our RPG's!
Best wishes,
Gor
Thanks! I'll check in now and then and try to post even though I'm totally dependant on my left hand. It's not easy to type whole sentences with one hand, u know, me being used to the asdf-jklö fasttyping. But I'll do my best.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:02 AM   #850
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Grey Wolf!! How is your hand, is it all bandaged up, does it hurt anymore, are you getting better, can you type? SO HAPPY to see you back!
Lotesse!

Well, it's totally encased in cast and does hurt quite a lot at times but I'm taking painkillers so the pain is fairly distant now. As for getting better it'll probably take at least a month. And as for typing it'll have to be extremely slow one hand variety.

And thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:10 AM   #851
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
good to have you back, and nice to hear the good results!!
Thanks! Yes it feels great to think about my right hand being fully functional. It has been this way for 10 years and I've been waiting for aboit two years to get an op, so it's good to have it done, and even though I'll have to stand the inconvenience of being left-handed for a month, a month and a half, the end-result will be very good.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:28 AM   #852
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

good!

(I can't imagine typing with only one hand!! )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #853
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

types this with just left hand....

heh that's not too bad at all...

Sir Grey (thiugh capitals and ('s i.e any shift button work is a tad tricky..)

Sir Grey ... welcom4e back ... glad you are doiung well

hardest thing actually is using the mouse with left hand ...

...ps got any of your famous slowdown pills around?

best bb
Old 09-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #854
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Rian & BB, thanks.

Yes, especially Shift-typing is the hardest. keeps hitting the flaming Caps-lock button when i'm typing on that side of kb.

*hands BB a couple of slowdown pills*

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 09-10-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #855
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I don't -believe- this.

I was doing tons and tons better yesterday and now I'm as bad as I was when this whole thing started.

Meh. I don't feel so good. *passes out*
Old 09-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #856
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

You should be resting and not messing around on the computer. Go to bed!
Old 09-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #857
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Thanks! Yes it feels great to think about my right hand being fully functional. It has been this way for 10 years and I've been waiting for aboit two years to get an op, so it's good to have it done, and even though I'll have to stand the inconvenience of being left-handed for a month, a month and a half, the end-result will be very good.
Wow, GW. I didn't realize it was that major. Does your cast let you move your fingers at all?

I hope you recover as quickly as possible from that, and then regain function again quickly also. That's a bummer in the meantime.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:14 AM   #858
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

VENT: I'm supposed to be in that Catskills, mountain biking, with people from work and a bunch of riders. This was scheduled two months ago, originally as a bus trip, but not enough people signed up to make a bus worthwhile. Alright, we'd carpool. Then yesterday night my friend's phone was totally off, and I couldn't even reach an answering machine. But that's okay, because there's a backup plan. Another friend was going to show up late, so I'd go with him. His mom agreed last week. But no, ten minutes ago she looked at the directions we'd printed out, and realized how far away the Catskills are, even though she'd already been told it's a 2+hour drive, and forbid my friend from going, because God forbid the car break down and we'd actually have to do make a phone call to AAA or something. She's so DUMB! My boss is already there, and there's no cell reception, so niether of us can call to say we can't make it. #@%*!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #859
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I'm sorry about that- it certainly sounds very nasty. Unfortunately for me, I feel very close to you right now, as I'm experiencing a similar thing. Not as bad, but still very unpleasant. I was going to be going to a large, secluded swimming pool today with family (I have two brothers and a sister I can play with), an extremely enjoyable experience that usually only comes once a year. However, I spent a lot of time yesterday and the day before, wading through an unpleasant argument, trying to clear up a misunderstanding. That experience was painful, and it cost enough time that I can't go to the pool today, because I have to do homework .

There is a small bright side to this story, however. The argument is cleared up now. There is peace again here, and I'm certainly glad of that. I could be at the pool today, or I could have peace. I think I like the latter better. I think .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 09-11-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #860
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Wow, GW. I didn't realize it was that major. Does your cast let you move your fingers at all?

I hope you recover as quickly as possible from that, and then regain function again quickly also. That's a bummer in the meantime.
No, my right hand's fingers are totally encased in the cast, so I can't move them at all.

Thanks, I hope so too.

It is indeed, especially getting dressed is a bit tough.
Closed Thread