Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:27 PM   #801
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Read up and then come back. You simply must. You're still the captain. So far all we did was pick up some new characters on the island with the blue Elves and we're still tracking down Tano and Willow. Willow being on a fairy ship somewhere. And captain Harrow has gotten himself a ship and crew too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
EDIT: As for running the ship, Maggie and I thought about it, but we've been accused of plot wrecking before and comandeering of RPGS....
Sadly so, however we never had such trouble in the TLA or the first journey of the Nal. Of course the pirate RPG is not as democratic as the TLA were as the Nal sails better with a helmsman but I always thought of us as reasonable people. So neither of you have to hold back out of fear for being accused of plot wrecking. If you two have ideas, why not discuss them as we did before? And Maggies characters hold the fairy ship that you two can plot for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
... back to a mere absent / occasional passing Seagull fer' me lads!
You don't have to leave as I return, BB. You can continue with this Jack-character if you want. Lady Willow certainly wants you to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entwife_Oak
You still want to catch the little Oak?
Welcome Entwife_Oak. If you wish to join the crew, that's entirely up to you. I think we'll be able to manage, as long as you're no too tall a Huorn and are somewhat more bendable than the Ents. Just remember we're pirates, so if your character doesn't like fighting and plundering, she'll have a rather frightening, if not interesting time ahead of her.

But if I read correctly the happenings with your character and the others are on an island while the Nal is still in battle with the merchant, yes? Then as soon as the merchant is plundered, we'll come your way.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #802
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

It's nice to come back and see EXK remembered it has to be said. Well I'll carry on reading up, if there's anything particular I should know you can clue me in. Might stand back a bit and post short posts. If that's okay with everyone. I don't want it to seem like I've come back and taken over after being gone so long.

And nice work captain Harrow getting a ship. Hope he's still feeling evil and ready to try and scupper the Nal.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 07-31-2006, 06:45 PM   #803
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*salutes the captain* Aye, aye, ma'am!

Thanks for the support Eärniel. I was really having fun with BB's rendition of Jack.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 PM   #804
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

run up the skulls and the flags too... look lively lads, bucaneer up ya brimey breeches, dogs of Ulme, bastardize the dead weights and make sail, rich pickin' blood rum is running free and we make sail under the eloquent setting suns of blood and plunder!

ahoy brigands all ... the cap'n has woken and we scents wine, hearties and blaggards all!

wotcha o' legendary XK... i spent bleedin ages readin up the original disc thread till i realised i was exactly a year too late ...

but i know not what goes on, but if ye will, so will i follow, and read it up .... but like the jaunty blaggard i ams, i'll nay let it stop me meantimes, eh? are we serfs or free men and elves of the waves by God?

if ya run up da XK banner then the ship is yours, say I and any who'll run wi' me!

AYE!

heh, Big Vern ... do i read aright the omens on yonder drenched sea frog?

this be by the code wi' ye?

yours, Captain Jack .... the mutinous Bucaneer ...

well, lads, are ye wi' us or are shark bait?

call up the Seattle twosome, make up a perfumed hat for Chrys, run up the emblems .... time fer an adventure....
Old 07-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #805
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

speaking of plundering, when are we gonna bag that merchent ship?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #806
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

questioning in da crew is it scally?

one word on da ship now , alone, scalllion that ye are .... are ya with the cap'n XK or are ya shark bate mate?

answer lively now!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-31-2006 at 07:24 PM. Reason: mind ye blithering business mate ...
Old 07-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #807
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

We already have Sharkbait I'm with the cap't. I'm just getting impatent

Cotten: Err. Walk the plank

Jack: What did the bird say

Speaking of can we have an undead monkey?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 07-31-2006, 07:49 PM   #808
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

impatient eh?

be thee eager for the fray then?

let no man, nay nor elf neither look to his conscience, 'ere postin ... do or die dogs ...

follow the lucky seagulls!

*a huge shout raises and rents the open sky wide open ... the cap'n and big vern astride the deck ...*
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #809
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

I'm becoming ridiculously fond of Butterbeer!
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #810
Elfmaster XK

Woo. I spent a long long time reading the thread from the beginning, and reading all the discussion so I know who is who and where and what.

I am actually still a little confused though about Jack, Oakleaf and Enelya. Where are you guys? In relation to everyone else? Are you going to get picked up by the Nal, or Harrow's ship? Because the Nal left the island already...I'm assuming you're on another island.

Maybe I have missed something.

Well in order to get to you lot the merchant should probably damage the Nal a little, to force us to go ashore again so soon.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #811
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh, nice post there XK ... a pirate and rpg'er after me own heart, methinks ...

ah well... jack? who knows what washes up out of the mysterious sea?

anyways, you'd best ask Lady willow rose, who's name is remarkably like lady maggie and willow oran ...Jack be her plaything now (??)

best BB x
Old 08-03-2006, 03:38 AM   #812
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

at a guess, we are the next available island you'llb'ne passing Cap'n ... i think jack already saw a ship nearin' the island .... but that could be any ship (or a ghost ship ) p'raps?

should be fun having a tree /entwife aboard huh?

meantimes, till then, ishall dwindle intro the west and remain, ever your passing (largely absent) Seagull.

*hats on please Lady Willow *
Old 08-03-2006, 06:41 AM   #813
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
heh, nice post there XK ... a pirate and rpg'er after me own heart, methinks ...
Thanks. Glad you liked it, hopefully got things moving a little.

And I don't think you need leave BB. You can keep playing Jack, or come up with another character? I mean there's three ships! But, having said that, if you are happy to watch over us with your beady gull eye, so be it mate.

And you know I thought Lady Willow Rose was Willow Oran at first, but she posts in a different way. So then I got confused!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #814
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Sorry about confusing everyone with my name. Purely unintentional.

BB, don't anbandon Oak Leaf and Enelya! We need your Jack!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #815
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*pokes head in*

Sweet! We have a Captain again!

Quote:
Sadly so, however we never had such trouble in the TLA or the first journey of the Nal. Of course the pirate RPG is not as democratic as the TLA were as the Nal sails better with a helmsman but I always thought of us as reasonable people. So neither of you have to hold back out of fear for being accused of plot wrecking. If you two have ideas, why not discuss them as we did before? And Maggies characters hold the fairy ship that you two can plot for.
Truthfully, I haven't actually had any ideas lately. I started working a little over a month ago and it's been leaving me a bit short on inspiration, which is crappy since I've got several projects going.

But when I get some ideas I'll let you know. I've been neglecting Maeve. Willow and co. Should probably point out that Maeve and her kin are no faeries though...

Um, yeah. Having a captain in this rpg is a good thing. Helps muchly.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #816
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Captains tend to do that sort of thing

What with the helpful captaining and all

Old 08-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #817
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
*pokes head in*

Sweet! We have a Captain again!

Truthfully, I haven't actually had any ideas lately. I started working a little over a month ago and it's been leaving me a bit short on inspiration, which is crappy since I've got several projects going.
Work tends to do that. Goddamn thing. Though, at them moment it is having the opposite effect on me. Apart from the tiredness of course. I've written more in the past week than I have in about 4 or 5 months! Probably because my mind is trying to escape that I have a boring office job...something I NEVER wanted.

Anyways, Willow Maeve etc are poised for action for whenever an idea does jump out at you. And they're not going to get forgotten because they're essential to the plan. Or the vague direction of our quest at least

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 08-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #818
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Hi, is it ok if I introduce the shipwrecked pirate elf Glorfindel III who floates about on the open sea and is found by anyone of u guys?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #819
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Squuaaakkk!!

(...you know, i still think that needs some work on ... but the last time i asked only razor sharp knives and er ... soup ladles were forthcoming )

so, ahoy Doc ... where's Shah and Lady M?

whever happened to the likely lad - TD? anyone heard from him recently?

hows you doin' TD?

So, ol' Jack be a welcome be it?

mmm...

best, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-07-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #820
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Ol' Jack is very, very, very welcome!

*locks up the soup ladles*

Closed Thread