Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #801
orithil
Captain Jack

"Borin what would you say about the structure of these tunnels just from your quick look a couple of days ago?" Hedrim asked

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #802
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Ingwionis listened for additional orders. He thought to himself "I wish I hadn't brought my own wife and unborn child along, if it comes to it, I'll take the course into the depths alone."

"Master Wizard, I will volunteer to go to Dol Guldur on next watch." Ingwionis spoke out. "However, I do it on one condition - A'mael will not be coming with me. She is to remain under guard here. I'm really not all too sure about these spirits being completely nullified. Angband was decimated by the Valar and even as cleansed as it was, the Balrogs and Sauron himself among many other creatures of the Earth escaped. Dol Guldur reigned for centuries, and it's likely that the Dark Lord and his Nazgul had a contingency plan. It is entirely likely that the spirits here were nullified and cleansed, but some poor souls that may remain may have escaped the storms of Galadriel. A'mael is pregnant and keeping her as a companion on the potentially most dangerous part of our journey yet puts not just her and I in danger, but our child as well. I will either go alone or with another companion, as heavily armed as we can be without loosing too much speed. Nullifying the spirits within the objects that may attack is not so simple as running them through. Even Orcs themselves can be pretty hard to kill, depending on the generation of the breed. Dealing with spirits is a lot more difficult as we know. A'mael is not as 'seasoned' as most of the Elves here, especially compared to yourself, Radagast. She is only in the first stage of her life."

A'mael spoke out at her husband's statement. "Now wait just a moment! I can turn this place into a forest, if I had a lot of time. What can some spirits taking forms inside of statues and uh...forks and spoons, do?"

"They can, um, well use your imagination. They can sword fight, and, well for all I know that's all they can do. Either that or they can scare you half to death. I mean if the tall tree on our grounds came alive and started walking around and talking, wouldn't you just fall over speechless?" A few in the company look at the Ents. The Ents in the ground cross their limbs and shake them slightly. Ingwionis realizes that he just said something absurd. "Um, I do not ask pardon for that. Um, oops." Ingwionis' comic statement got a few chuckles within the company. A'mael gave a sarcastic laugh and shook her head. Ingwioinis shrugged and said "well...really now?"

"Anyway, aside from the unnecessary humor of which I put entirely on myself, yes, that's pretty much the plan. A'mael stays under guard and that's about it!"

A'mael spoke out again. "But there is yet no proof that there are any spirits lingering around here."

Ingwionis replied, "well there's also no proof that they aren't. But of course you could be right, I mean, if you were a spirit, would you choose this disaster of an area to spend the rest of eternity? But the Witch-King's servants were never known for having any taste in...pretty much anything. So that's proof by examination of our former enemy, who I must remind shall remain nameless, for the sake of everyone's sanity."

Someone in the company coughs and then speaks under their voice "Sauron" and then coughs again. Ingwionis just smiles and sits back down, A'mael giving him a weird look and then smiling while rolling her eyes and chuckling. Radagast has an odd smile on his face and one eyebrow raised. Ingwionis puts his hand on his head, thinking back to the many weird statements he had just made, feeling as if he were an Orc.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #803
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

"Well Hedrim." said Borin picking up his axe "Judging by the outer structure and the mighty fine crafmanship on this door, I'd say they're still very stable."

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:52 AM   #804
orithil
Captain Jack

"Well then, if Borin says the structure is alright I'm sure a cave in will be the least of our worries" Hedrim stated "So who will be going with who?"

Old 05-17-2008, 01:49 AM   #805
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl had no fear of the underground, but she still did not consider herself fully a part of this group and saw no overwhelming need to pursue its aims. It was not without reason that her in'kasha had warned her people away from Dol Guldur when first they had settled in these lands. If there were any doubts in her mind about this, they were dispelled by Nami's reaction to the suggestion she go into the tunnels, coupled with the revelation that one of their company carried a child.

'I will see to the safety of those that remain above, Seth'enati, if you will allow,' she addressed Radagast.

Then she pointed at Nami, walking off into the distance. 'I would have her to aid me in it.' Capable as she was, Tabrîl could not spend all her time patrolling the perimeter while also making sure those who remained at camp were provided for. Also, and perhaps more importantly, there were words she wished to say to Nami. Tabrîl knew now that it was fruitless to expect these people to behave as her own would, but Nami had asked for her assistance before, and Tabrîl was inclined to give it now, wanted or otherwise.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:36 AM   #806
Amael
Elven Warrior

"I'll be going with Ingwionis!!!"

A shout in the group came from A'mael's usually quiet mouth (so much the opposite of her husband she can be in some ways). Her husband llooked at her as if she were a Hobbit child trying to fight a dragon, as usual.

"I think Ingwionis said for you to stay behind." The wizard smiled at A'mael, knowing she would refuse to listen.

"Yes, I believe that was the consensus last I checked. I'm going, next rounds. You're welcome to come along, Ingwionis. You'd have to get the Ents to bind me. I've not had a look at Dol Guldur, that is Dol Guldur in all its post-Galadriel glory. I'm sure it will be nothing but fun."

Ingwionis closed his eyes and shook his head and opened his big mouth again.

"What if we're just stomping into another blindly-optimistic situation, and we end up nowhere?"

A'mael humored her husband.

"Then, m'lord, this will be our big chance to get away from it all, together this time. It's only fair. You got to explore as far east as Palisor and as far west as Beleriand. I have so far explored Lothlorien, Gondor, Mirkwood, Urd, and Eriador! That's not quite as much ground. And I'll be safe with you there, and my bow if that should fail."

While A'mael stood by the fire waiting forr Ingwionis' decision, he extended his hand out in the 'very well' or more literally the 'so be it' way and spoke.

"Very well."

A'mael ended the discussion.

"To dispel all other 'rumors' that my youth is synonymous with lack of skill, I will tell you this: there's no coming between an expecting mother and her goal. A woman not much older than 25 destroyed the Lord of the Nazhgul. I'm quite certain that an Elf naught less than 700 will destroy any threat in her path, if there is any. We're not fighting tthe Lord of Angmar, so it will be plenty safe. Trust me."

It had been one of the few times A'mael had asserted herself to Ingwionis, and this time she asserted herself to the entire group and any orders they may have had to keep her guarded and away from the evil that may lurk beneath the ground. She knew she would be safe, and she knew well the dangers that could be used upon everyone. For it was within her power to be able to apease and unbound the spirits of those the Lord of Angmar poisoned to his treachery. The real question that lurked in her mind was, 'how many of them were left, if any, and if it were many, we would already know it by now.' Apeasing one spirit is not a mighty task for those equipped to manage it. Appeasing even two is not. But hordes of them would control through fear, and that fear may drive A'mael to leave. But Sauron was gone. The Ring Wraiths had been destroyed, including the Lord of Angmar. Their influence was shattered forever, never to return. With one as powerful as Galadriel exacting doom onto the darkness within Mirkwood, even that would have been enough to apease the spirits, whose lives of torture and sorrow had been brought to a peaceful end by her acttion. A'mael knew well the power of Galadriel and she had learned a few things from Galadriel as well.

A'mael thought to herself more. 'I am no Arwen, I am no Luthien, but Ingwionis should not underestimate me.' She felt that by time this was all over that she would prove it to everyone, not because she felt the need to gain glory and honor, but because it would serve as a lesson to those who believe age is equivalent to skill and wisdom, and the things she would do would go toward a better purpose. The Elves would fight for the Ents, because they very rarely had anyyone to fight for them. 'To be immortal, as in having the Ring, is to be separated from everything else thatt is doomed to fade away without so much as a footnote in history.' A'mael did feel alone. Her husband had experienced so much but expected little from her. And she knew that he wanted nothing more from her than her love, which she always had for him. But she was still alone in her own way; she rarely let this be known, and for the longest time she did not listen to those thoughtts.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:54 AM   #807
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami's quick feet lead her quickly from the sounds of the group. Her own thoughts drowning at the last of their voices.

"How dare he say such things, as if i am a have no courage! How can he know!" Nami kicked up the leaves on the forest floor as she sulked along. "Damn fool's, oh look the old house of one of the most evil beenings on middle earth. Oh i've got a good idea lets go in it! Nothing good ever comes from the dark."

After about an hours sulking randomly around in the forest, Nami sunk down next to a tall oak tree. The sun had climbed in the sky, drying up the last of the nights rain. The floor under the tree of still damp but Nami did not mind or notice. Pulling her knees up to her chest, Nami layed her head on the top of them, curling her arms around her legs. And for the first time in many years let the memorys of long ago come.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:46 AM   #808
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa hadn't understood what Nami and Quickleaf were talking about, but she had understood that Nami was scared and upset. She watched Nami stalk off and waited for Quickleaf to go after her. When he didn't immediately do so, she went over to him, a little bit upset because he caused Nami to be upset.

"Quickleaf, I do not know what you said but shouldn't you go after her? And instead of trying to force her to go down, maybe you should inquire after her reason for not wanting to go down? I think fear often has a reason. It isn't there out of nowhere and maybe Nami's reason is a good one."

Ellysa sighed and shivered while waiting for Quickleaf to go do something about the situation. She was cold.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #809
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quickleaf looked up at Ellysa, comtemplating her words. The sun was already high on the sky, and Nami would probably be beneath the trees somewhere, thinking things over. He'd let her stay alone, he was probably the last elf she'd like to see.
"I don't see why she became upset, but I may have pushed too hard on going underground. There's something there, a deep fear. I know not what"

He should perhaps feel some guilt, but Quickleaf had been in that place, thinking only dark thoughts, not knowing how to free himself from doubt.

"Fear will eat your soul out if you do not confront it. It lingers there, deep down, and not cutting it away will only make it larger. Reflecting a great shadow on something that really is quite small"

He took up a flask of water and cooled off his face, before walking off to Hedrim.

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-17-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #810
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa looked at Quickleaf's back as he walked off. He had a point.
But I wasn't wrong either!
For a moment Ellysa considered going after Nami herself, but she would get lost on her own and Nami could take care of herself.

She shivered again. She'd better make sure her clothes could get dry today and try to stay warm in the mean time.
Maybe I ought to have a long practice session. That should keep me warm.
Ellysa walked over to her still not dry clothes and hung them out properly to dry before taking her bo and starting with some basic movements.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 05-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #811
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

As she listened, Aelfwine bit her lip. She could feel her heart pounding at the thought of going underground. Take control of yourself. she told herself. She glanced over at the others. Who would go and who would stay, she didn't know. Finally, she stood her mind made up.
"I'll will go underground, Radagast," she said. "But when and with who is not known,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 05-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #812
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis shrugged, her decision had already been made for her, "It seems I must stay above ground for now," she said, "I will go underground later, though. The other beornings will want to know of anything that still lurks beneath that place whether it be beast or spirit or merely strange writing."
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #813
Coffeehouse

Quickleaf approached and greeted Hedrim, handing him some berries he had gathered in the morning hours.
"Aiya Hedrim. Berries? They are ripe and quite delicious"
Quickleaf set his bow down and looked in the direction of Amon Lanc.
"It seems for me, the underground awaits. If you are going too, I would be pleased to make the expedition with you."
Old 05-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #814
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim looked up and closed one eye as the sun hit his face, he smiled and took the berries from Quickleaf "Much appreciated" he said and put and berry in his mouth, "Right, yes I will be going, it would be a great honor to make the journey with thee" Hedrim said and nodded "So lets get going eh?" he laughed and walked off towards Amon Lanc.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #815
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

The sun had climbed alot when Nami finally lifted her head up. Rubbing her face and her slightly reddened eyes she stood up and brushed the leaves and dirt off her self and made the slow walk about to camp. At first her steps were slow and her head down but as she came closer to the camp her steps quickened and her head held high. As far as the others were concerned she had gone for a walk and that was all she was telling them.

When she entered the camp again, Nami's normal bounce and cheer had returned. She said her cheerful hellos and sat back down to her half finished work, crossing her legs under her self and raising the cloak up into the light to see were she had left off.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #816
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Having nothing more pressing to attend to, Tabrîl sat beneath a tree sharpening one of her t'rai, the knives she carried. She took note of Nami's return, but did not go immediately to her. It was better to wait, she surmised, until emotions had settled a little.

In time, though, Tabrîl judged that Nami might be ready, and so she went over and sat by her.

'I intend,' she began, 'to take charge of the security of the camp above ground. I would have your assistance in ensuring it is kept safe. Will you walk with me a time, that we may discuss the matter?'

She could refuse, there was always that risk. If Tabrîl had judged correctly, however, then she would not.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #817
Coffeehouse

Hearing Hedrim's words Quickleaf smiled and picked up his bow, then walked over near the campfire where some torches lay that had been readied by the Sildan elves for the underground expeditions. He turned towards his companions and announced their departure,
"Wish us luck! Till we meet again" and so Hedrim and Quickleaf turned towards Amon Lanc, disappearing between the oak trees by the edge of the camp.

High tree and low bush, stream and river, birds and beasts, Quickleaf sucked in the surroundings, making sure whatever he did under his last breath in this world was preceeded by this, enjoying the wonders of the forests, the greens.

As they walked along Quickleaf realized he knew little about him, and so enquired Hedrim about how he was brought to be in this strangest of companionships..

And all the while they were eagerly eating deep red, luscious berries. Tasty indeed!

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-18-2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: *changed from elven friend, cuz ur not an elf are u Hedrim:)
Old 05-18-2008, 03:09 AM   #818
orithil
Captain Jack

"You wish to know my story, well it is quite a long one and interesting at that" he laughed "I grew up In the North, I was a prince for my farther was king, he taught me a lot about combat my farthers kingdom was large and very very much military focused" Hedrim paused and looked up at the sky "When I was 17 me and my Farther rode out to destroy a base the wild men had set up in our lands, that was pillaging our borders...Well my Farther led from the front and we burnt the village to the ground, but my Farther was surrounded and killed, which made me king" He gestured to the pendent on his neck.

"This pendent, apart from the crown represents my king ship...a crown a pendent and scepter are the three things the king owns, anyway so I became king and led many great campaigns and claimed much land in the North, even during the war of the ring we faired rather well despite losing some battles with the orcs, When I was 29 I was with Erkenbrand at Helmsdeep and also at the battle of pelenor fields, and now I am here after recieving a letter from the great wizard Gandalf" He laughed "Well that is the basic's of my story if I went into detail I could got on for hours, enough about me, what is your story?" Hedrim asked

Old 05-18-2008, 03:59 AM   #819
Coffeehouse

"Little have I heard of your kingdom King Hedrim of the lands in Eriador, but it pleases my heart to hear that other peoples and lands also fought against the odds, and came out victorious, in the face of the darkness that suffocated our Middle Earth.." Quickleaf paused, feeling the grip of his sword as they walked along the floor of the forest, uphill, approaching Amon Lanc, and he continued
"I fought not far from here, against the forces in Amon Lanc. Dol Guldur." The words tasted bitter in his mouth.
"I captained a squadron, with elven friends mainly from Lorien, though we did enjoy the company of a few elves of the northern woodland realm, of Legolas' kin. Dark and intense. I heard less, I saw less, in those days. Our days were grey, our nights black."
And he stopped and observed Hedrim, "But those days are gone. And now the forest lives again." Quickleaf smiled, but felt no joy. And they walked on.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:00 AM   #820
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami seemed to have got over her quick mood swings rather well, at least on the surface. She looked up as Tabril started talking to her, nodding her approval she stood up to walk with the other elf.
"This was good right?" Nami throught to her self, "At least this way i get to be useful."

Nami watched as Hedrim and Quickleaf dissappeared into the trees then she turned to Tabril. "What did you wish to talk to me about?"
Closed Thread