Old 02-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #802
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Ouff, Finally!

Great post, Udu! Liked Udu's evil kiss!

But where is Tolvadok?
I think he must still be lurking around uptairs. Maybe he found a wine cabinet.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #803
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Yes, angsting around it seems...

I hope Khamul will get his share of teasing for his public love declaration!
Old 02-18-2006, 06:34 PM   #804
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx, Gordis! I have a feeling I want to develop Buz's role here a bit more than I'd previously thought. The whole Nazguls against one Nazgul thing really, really annoys me; I "joined" the Nine last year under the understanding that the Nine were "One for all, and all for one," and not against each other like this. I hate, hate, hate that so many Nazgul are in on this torture of Lilly, and that the Captain approves it. I wish to hell the scene would get underway, already, so we can see just how far they will go. Honestly, I just HATE it. I miss the old days of "Fellowship of the Ringwraiths," when there may have been little annoyances or minor fights here and there, but when NO one would actually consider torturing one another like this, just for being a mischievous schemer.

Udu - Crazy Squirrel - VERY good posts! I loved the bit about Maethor kissing Lil like that; quite sinister.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #805
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

In the cellar I think.
Lotesse, are you going to have Buz find out where Lily is? If so you could find Yerri, who could tell you she saw Girithion outside the Triangular house. What do you think?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #806
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Well, Lotesse, don't get upset. Just consider that when the nazgul get very bored, they start in-fighting. No great harm will be done, I am sure.

But what is more important, we have to have some action!

Our project of the good fight in the pirate raid is hanging in the thin air. Good guys practically stopped posting, except Rian, but she doesn't advance the action (that is no criticizm, Rian! - I am very glad you are posting, otherwise it becomes one-sided).

So what? we are restricted to a comedy (tragedy) of situation and history posts.

Shah, really, could you please finish your fight post?
Old 02-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #807
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
In the cellar I think.
Lotesse, are you going to have Buz find out where Lily is? If so you could find Yerri, who could tell you she saw Girithion outside the Triangular house. What do you think?
But how can Buz learn about Yerri's association with Tol?

I advise, better go and find Viv, or go ask in the King's palace. It would be fun if Buz makes a tantrum in Val's place!
Old 02-18-2006, 07:16 PM   #808
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Good point. What do you think Lotesse?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #809
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Well, Lotesse, don't get upset. Just consider that when the nazgul get very bored, they start in-fighting. No great harm will be done, I am sure.

But what is more important, we have to have some action!
With no action, the plot will stagnate as the pirate plot has, and with what does that leave us?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #810
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, yes, you are so right, Udu et al - And TD, why yes! That's exactly what Buz was thinking. He wants to get to the bottom of this "sewing circle" lie, and he knows full well that A. Viv does NOT sew nor does she go for sewing circle typr stuff! and B. Neither does Lilly, and C. Viv is an old buddy and it is well known amongst the Nine that Vivvie hates to keep secrets and play games amongst her peers, so she'll easily enough come clean if he manages to find her, and D. Buz knows that Vivvie would be ready at a moment's notice to rush to the aid of her crazy big sister, should something be awry, and etcetera, and so forth.

SO - I shall get more into this when I get home later on, and am in front of my own computer. I've been at my boyfriend's office all day, and I'm still here working.

Gordis - you never know, Buz just MIGHT have a mini-tantrum there at the Chancellor's! He's pretty frustrated and fed up by now, and he's not so smart and subtle and restrained like a lot of the other Nine. The thing is, I just do NOT want anything any one of us Nine do at this point to be yet another excuse for disciplinary action at the hands of our Captain. At the very least, I think Buz would absolutely RELISH the idea of landing a number of well-placed punches right INTO Khamul's smug face! Yes, that sounds like a good idea, now, come to think of it...

Old 02-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #811
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Good guys practically stopped posting, ...
I know

oh yeah -

Quote:
... except Rian, but she doesn't advance the action (that is no criticizm, Rian! - I am very glad you are posting, otherwise it becomes one-sided).
You guys will have to advance the action - my characters aren't involved in the torture or the pirate raid thing.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #812
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

But Rian, you DO know that you can involve your characters if you want to! It's a role-playing game, so if you want interaction, what you do is you write your characters approaching and interacting with the other characters that are in the game. For instance, you can have Tyaron or Alagos getting wind of (no pun intended!) the oncoming possible pirate assault, and deciding to take action, in defense of Tharbad, or you can have an elf - either one of your three main elves - run into or interact with a passing Nazgul, especially since there's Nazgul aplenty running around this night. It's entirely up to you, but it isn't as if it's not an open, available option for you to play with all of us! Earniel and Serenoli are active lately, and so is Shah, and Lady M, and they all play "good guys," plus I even have a little good guy right now, little Frankie Gladheart at the stablehouse, plus you can always hook up with Zimra gain, at Orrodel, or even invent new guys to throw in the mix. So, you see, you're a major player here, Rian, and you've got a lot more power to play with here as a co-writer and RPG player than I think you might realise.

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-18-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #813
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks for the encouragement! I love interacting and writing with the other characters here and hope to do a lot more soon!

I took my characters out of town on purpose when I was taking a break from the rpg, so my absence wouldn't hold you guys up at all. And now that I'm back, I think I'll just leave them there for a few rpg-days, because I just don't feel like taking place in the pirate raid, and I'm definitely out of the torture loop (personally, I just don't get it but whatever ... we're all different). I've got some things going on with friends in RL that are kind of sad, and I'm just not in the mood for pirate raids right now. And anyway, I have some things I wanted to clear up between my three characters (like T's little episode with the dark-haired girl while he was supposed to be courting R.), so now's the perfect time to do it - you guys have fun with the raid, then my characters will be back and help clean up the mess

They'll be heading back towards Tharbad in a few days on their way to drop off the dagger - if I change my mind, I'll take up your idea and send them close enough to get wind of the pirates and join the fight. If not, I'll just send them far enough around so that they don't hear of it.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 02-19-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #814
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I'll finish the fight post once I am good and ready, but soon enough for you lot. I just been extremely busy and havent had much time for writing story.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:22 AM   #815
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Crazy Squirrel, did I tell you I love your new animated avvie? Don't listen to Udu; the squirrel is fantastic! Lovin' it - and your post was really good, too; I didn'ty have a chance earlier to say so. I loved how Lilly was so taken aback at Khamul's unexpected turn at amorous speak, that she was mesmerised and literally almost temporarily stunned, like that. Poor Lilly! I could picture her there like that, looking so vulnerable, in a state of being played by mean old Khamul at her OWN game! No wonder it mesmerised her; she was getting played at her own game! Good stuff. TD and Udu, too, of course. Very good stuff! Proud to be on the dark side with you all.

Shah - You have an uncannily talented ability to write battle and physical combat scenes with such ease, and it all both makes sense and heightens the reader's excitement while engaging the emotions. I loved how Shah took the arrow. So Captain Shah is fading into the white, eh? Ho boy. Where's Mahtaliel? He needs elvish medicine - badly. Great stuff, Shah; thanks for the new post.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:37 AM   #816
Rían

great battle post, Sane! A great sense of motion to it.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:23 AM   #817
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Its not finished yet, and my computer is acting extremely strange. Or I should say its the cable internet, piece of crockery that it is...I'll finish it tommorow, its pretty late and I am tuckered out.

Glad you like it. And it will take more than an arrow in his side, it didn't hit anything really vital. Put it this way: you can get shot with a gun in the guts and take days to die.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #818
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great post, Shah, I am glad you are back posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Gordis - you never know, Buz just MIGHT have a mini-tantrum there at the Chancellor's! He's pretty frustrated and fed up by now, and he's not so smart and subtle and restrained like a lot of the other Nine. The thing is, I just do NOT want anything any one of us Nine do at this point to be yet another excuse for disciplinary action at the hands of our Captain. At the very least, I think Buz would absolutely RELISH the idea of landing a number of well-placed punches right INTO Khamul's smug face! Yes, that sounds like a good idea, now, come to think of it...
I wouldn't mind if he makes a BIG tantrum at Gor's place. Will be fun. Especially considering that the ML+ Gor are still closeted atop that tower.

Any action is better than nothing. And we shall soon be fighting, so Buz will be needed.

But Viv will tell him about the King's letter? Right? I imagine how he goes and meets Val or, even better, Oreturion & Estelmo "Where is my little sis, you bastards?!"

Last edited by Gordis : 02-19-2006 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #819
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Shah, I have re-read your post and there are some things that do not fit, or so I think.

1. There are virtualy no trees around the Gwathlo, there were woods back in the Second age, but the Numenoreans had cut them all. It was posted several times in the discussion thread (the exact quotes from UT) and in the main game thread.

2. The land is very low and flat, providing no cover.

3. It is raining heavily since the early hours of Thursday, rain and gale from the West. I doubt any bows could be used in such a rain. Their strings should get wet and loose.

4. The low terrain drenched by water becomes muddier and muddier by the hour. Soon the horses will not be able to move at all.

Shah, I know of your connection problems, and I understand you have difficulties to go read back up in the threads. That's why I repeat it again here. No offence meant.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #820
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Gordis - I agree that the area was largely treeless, but there must have been SOME trees left.

And if we're going to be canonical about the landscape along the Gwathlo, let's also be canonical about the kinds of roads the Numenoreans and Dunedain would have made. I don't think they would have a dirt road that would be subject to this kind of flooding - would they?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Closed Thread