Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #781
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That's a cute idea! I like that. Or, Viv could meet him outside of his classroom after school; that way she could have opportunities to see the other characters and stuff. She could tell him she'd meet him at his house, and instread of being there, she could pull a fast one and meet him after class instead. Thinking out loud, here.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-22-2005, 09:44 PM   #782
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Udu - how is Sapthan going to react to this? I hope you can post!
Rian, I cannot post for a while. I will leave Sapthan in your trustworthy hands.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:47 PM   #783
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Lotesse, sounds fine, he'd be happily surprised. I am writing the rest of the post and will end it with him seeing Viv outside his class.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #784
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Shah - sounds great! Where is it? You can write a post with Alagos faffing about town with some arrows in his hand, looking for more fletching supplies, and have Ray and/or Marty meet up with him if you want - that'd be fun!

quick edit - hey, have Ray and Viv meet up with Alagos and his arrows now?

Udu - I'll leave him quiet for now, then - 3 characters is enough for me , and I like how you write for him. I'll just wait for TD and Maggie - Rian's had her say for now.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #785
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Faffing? FAFFing? Hehehe, I am going to steal that word. Me likes, me likes! And I'll have Ray and Marty meet up with him, I'll stick it into my post...*goes back to word and sticks it in*

Erm, i have to check one of the evil cartographer maps of Tharbad to see where exactly it is, i forgot. But yeah, they can dink around the training field. And seeing how Ray now has a spare stall or two in his stable near his house, he can offer to keep whatever horses Tyaron and Alagos have or might get. I remember looking at the map that Ray isnt that far off from where the elves are staying...I think.

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-22-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #786
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, yay - thanks! Rian's horse is currently at the blacksmith's, and the guys are going to get some horses soon, too, so that will come in handy, and will add to their friendship.

Yeah, I like "faff" - a good Brit slang word

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-22-2005, 09:59 PM   #787
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Is that a rhetorical trick question? 'Cause the truth is, I'm not sure; I have to go back and double-check her class schedule.
O.K., just checked it and all she has is Military History from 4-5 pm, but who's even teaching that class? And it says only Viv is the only student in it. I was gonna have Viv audit wine-tasting, which is 4-6 pm, but now Butterbeer isn't writing anymore so, I don't know. Viv has a pretty much open day, ALL day long. She's gonna get so freakin' antsy.
well serenoli's Jas is the wine guru, for one ...

and you had better not be late for commerce at 250pm either, young lady! - Bumble will be, of course ... but i am sure the good des cartes will fill in for him ... lecturing the class on Sir Bumbledore's (wonder if we could slip that one quietly past old hector??) fearsome reputation for student punctuality, endeavour and his legendary intolerance of shoddy work, students not paying attention, and his fiery temper - his incredibly honeed and sharp mind etc ... none of which is true - though bumble does have a sharp mind - went it isn't blunted, that is, or dilly-dallying in the daisies ...

i shall likely not have time tommorow to read up the rpg sadly - i certainly have no time now, really- but i'll start off bumble's class for Val (if he takes him??) or if not if push comes to shove - by next tuesday (ther'ell be no seminar group this thursday, bumble likes to ease both himself and ease his students in to the new academic year - though no doubt Des will annouce this under other guise... but if push comes to shove: then someone could always write next tuesday's (!!! - february?? ) commerce being taken by Des, since the old fella was running a bit late that day ... or something.

Thanks Shah and lotesse, for barli and boom - boom's MO and bio are SO secret Lotesse- that even to you, the keeper of the flame of the butterflies it is top secret - he hasn't even told me yet, either ...

well its 2am and i still have things to do ... bah flibberty jib!

best all, BB
Old 12-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #788
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Viv didn't sign up for Commerce. She's not a King-follower - she's got no interest in Commerce, I think...
And Butterbeer, I cannot post for Beautiful Boomerang if he's this big mystery. I can't post for a character about whom I know nothing! It can't be a mystery; I mean, if you want to keep the butterfly's agenda secret from the others until you develop his secret master plan, then all you gotta do is PM me with it. Or else, how can I write him?

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-22-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:07 PM   #789
Rían

Shah, the "faff" is from Cassandra Claire's very funny LOTR parody, The Very Secret Diaries of the Fellowship: here (warning - mild slash)

Here's an excerpt from Legolas's diary:

Quote:
from Very Secret Diaries - Legolas
Day One:

Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Four:

Boromir so irritating. Why must he wear big shield like dinner plate all the time? Climbed up Caradhras but wimpy humans who cannot walk on snow insisted we climb back down.

Am definitely prettiest member of the Fellowship. Go me!

Day Six:

Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day Ten:

Gandalf fell into shadow. In other news, I think I am developing a spot on my nose. V. serious situation, as Elven spots likely to last for 500 years or more.

Still prettiest, despite blasted spot.

and from Saruman's:
Quote:
from Very Secret Diaries - Saruman
DAY ONE

Am bored. No cable in Isengard. Nothing to do but write rude anonymous letters to Radagast the Brown and Manfred the Slightly Ecru.

Perhaps will have a look at the palantir.

DAY TWO

Have met v. nice guy via palantir. He seems to really like me for me and not just because am most powerful wizard in Middle Earth. Wonder what he looks like.

DAY THREE

Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

DAY SEVEN

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

DAY NINE

Typical. Gandalf just came waltzing by and he knows I hate drop-ins. Wanted to yap on and on all about the ring he gave his new boyfriend, terrible pervy hobbit-fancier old Gandalf is. Disgrace to the Order. Just wants to show off and remind me that he's got a hobbit, and I'm just dating an eyeball. Well, Saruman the White does not stand for this treatment. Showed him my Wizard Wrestling Federation moves. Have delivered smackdown. Go me.

DAY THIRTEEN

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

DAY FOURTEEN

All right, who's been spitting gum down on the orcs? Honestly.

DAY FIFTEEN

Was right in middle of really good taunt and Gandalf escaped. Ah well. Will save me daily stair climb.

DAY SIXTEEN

Have been watching in palantir. Gandalf faffed off on extending camping trip with four hobbits, a v. buff elf, and rather fanciable human -- oh bother, that's Aragorn son of Arathorn. Once threw him out of Isengard for whinging about not being King yet. Then there's a shady-looking character and some kind of hairy newt. Or maybe it's a dwarf.

What a bunch of yobbos.

Last edited by Rían : 12-22-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #790
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

You are more than welcome BB! Rian, It'd be an honor for Ray to make friends with the elves, seeing as he greatly misses Imladris and the company of the First born.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #791
Rían

Sounds great, Shah - go ahead and write it, if you want

And here's from Ringwraith #5's diary:

Quote:
Day 1

Just opened Christmas pressie from Sauron. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty ring!

Day 1,000,967

Got box of chocolates as Christmas bonus from Dark Lord, again. As per usual, Sauron ate all the toffees and left the strawberry creams. How I detest this life of vile servitude.

Still disembodied.

Day 1,001,056

V. bored in Barad-Dur. Nothing to do but play Scrabble with Orcs. Is v. annoying as Orcs only know Black Speech of Mordor. You try spelling Azg Nazg Gimbatul for a triple word score. Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Day 1,001,102

Suspect Sauron gearing up for something. Walked in on him applying ceremonial sparkly mascara. Suspect he will be v. happy when he has body back and can really dress up again.

Day 1,001,105

Yes, Sauron definitely gearing up for something. Have been given orders to sally forth and hunt down hobbit and close personal hobbit friend, who have somehow gotten hold of Ruling Ring.
Witch-King of Angmar’s suggestion to place pictures of Ruling Ring on milk cartons and wait for calls to come in was ignored.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #792
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Pff, I've read these things, and I love em. Though at times they are so wrong.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:35 PM   #793
Rían

yeah, aren't they! But the funny parts are just hysterical

Old 12-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #794
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh yes, some of them are just perfect.

EDIT: Lotesse, gotta love that. "Fiesty Dingbat of a lover" Oh that mad me laugh, well done!

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-22-2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:12 PM   #795
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Grazie, bella! Perhaps Buz can be the one who gets the door when (& if) Ray comes by to say hi to Vivvie. That would be nice.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:33 AM   #796
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

AH, very well, um, i'll edit.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:43 AM   #797
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That was just right! What we wrote there together; that worked out just right! I love doing this RPG opposite you, Shah; we write fluidly with one another's characters I think. That was a cool little exchange.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:47 AM   #798
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I have filled in the post on the previous page #679. Rian, its up to you to continue the convo. I will edit it if you dont want Alagos to remember Raendil. And In Imladris, I dont think Alagos would have spoken about his believed-to-be-dead sister, so Raendil would be in for a surprise when he finds out.

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-23-2005 at 02:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #799
Rían

oh, OK, I'll go take a peek - sounds fun! #679 ... *goes to thread*

note to self - "Huor with, of all things, a peaceful smile on his blood-smeared face as he guarded his brother's back and watched the retreat of Gondolin, knowing that now, the final victory would not be Morgoth's." - make this the change later on.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:07 AM   #800
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Hey Everyone - I can change the thing where Valandil sends the thought to the ML, if you like. Initially, I meant for him to just say it aloud. Then... I thought it best he didn't, so I went with the 'thought' idea. I COULD change it to something he said after class - but I might miss the opportunity (posting-wise) or forget.

We could even say (if this seems more correct with our understanding of the methodology of mind-speak), that the ML was not in 'receiving' mode - and that this would not have occured to Val - being a relative neophyte. OR - perhaps the ML would have caught it - since he was listening to Val's answer to the question about the arch span, he was already giving him his attention. In any case, Val's intent was to 'send' a single thought - not to completely open his mind to him - he doesn't trust him yet, even in his role as Ilmenzor. If sending a thought under those conditions isn't really possible, we can make it a comment after class.

As to the poem - glad you liked it, for those who mentioned. Rian... you like the other version better than this one?? ...

Actually - if the original had been composed yet, it hadn't been around long, since it was only about 49 years since Gil-galad had fallen. Perhaps Gil-galad's was based on THIS one! Or - they could have both been styled after a similar, older rhyme. It could be though, that the G-g one was already composed and circulated widely enough to be known in Tharbad and the rest of Arnor. (did you notice I kept the rhyming syllables the same for all lines... even kept the same last word of the verse in 6 of 12 lines! Poor Professor Tolkien must be doing backflips)

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 12-23-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Closed Thread