Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2003, 01:31 PM   #61
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

'These elves are so nosy!' Aiya thought. "My village was attacked by dragons." she said icily. "Why are you here?" she asked.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 07:56 PM   #62
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

"Hello...?" Elwryan asked the spaced-out elf hesitantly. The elf turned around, shoving a pink gem into her pocket. "Hello..." The elf replied just as uncertianly. "Uh, do you know where I can find Lord Elrond?" Elwryan asked the elf.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:34 PM   #63
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

ooc: hmmm I THOUGHT we were gathering together to find the diamonds, was there a change i wasn't told about, or is this a plot twist? hmmm confused, pm if you don't want to say full intentions to everyone so i'm not soo confused or edit it!

ic: "you haven't heard? Cities are under attack by dragons and you and others have been chosen, for you are to be pure of heart, there is one being from every race that is doing this, and if we do not hurry and end this great war, the dragons will destroy everything, i hope that donkey's fast were off to Rivendale!" I spoke gently now and began ridding a little faster trying to make sure that the hobbit and pony was okay with the speed.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #64
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: um, no i don't think its a plot twist. I thought we were already suposed to have the diamonds, anywho, what are we gonna do? keep the diamonds, or go and look for em?

Old 11-16-2003, 10:17 PM   #65
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

ooc: I don't know, your sugestion? i was thinking that if we already have them then its a short rpg, what's stopping us from completing it after we come together? There's no real conflict then? No danger...
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 11-17-2003, 12:31 AM   #66
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

<By the way, I'm not an elf. I'm a demon, Miss Aiya.>
Aiya looked at him like he was a freak.
"I'ts an uncommon gift. I can read people's mind. Oh, and I'm here because I rescued a girl name Rhiannon whose village was attacked by dragons. Now excuse me.' He said as he walked off.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 06:46 AM   #67
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

"Maybe…"Órëmîr replied distantly. "I' could never…give directions," she said slowly, glancing about her as though unsure of her surroundings. "Just – follow me, I might be able to remember the path to his chambers." She stood vaguely and blinked dreamily. The Dwarf gazed up at her strangely; that she could understand. She stood at 6 foot 5 inches tall; her light misty purple eyes and aloof nature did not belong to that stature. She knelt, coming face to face with the Dwarf.

"I'm…" she searched her memory for her name. Words never came easily to her. "Órëmîr." Unsure of what to do, she extended a pale hand. "Elwryan," replied the Dwarf, and took Órëmîr's hand in his own.

"Well," Órëmîr began, standing back up and staring towards the exit of the hall, "If you can find it within yourself to be patient with me, I'm sure there will be no cause of friction…" Her silver-grey garment floated about her like a bright cloud as she led Elwryan out of the Hall of Fire and down the hall, passed many doors and chambers, realising she had retraced her steps several times before finally reaching Elrond's own room. "Sorry," she said sheepishly to Elwryan, and aloofly let her hand wander towards the doorknob. She started and turned her gaze towards the man she recognised as the demon from the banquet hall. A smile drifted across her face and as she leaned against the wall she inadvertently let her mind begin to wander; she found that as she relaxed she could sense something in her head, a faint tickling deep inside her head. She fondled the gem in her pocket and felt the feeling intensify. She blinked and shook herself of the feeling and turned to Elwryan; "This is his room," she assured the Dwarf; "In fact I think I might wait to speak with him myself…" her words became slower and softer towards the end of her sentence as she began to stare into space.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #68
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Aiya shrugged, 'demons, elves, whats the difference?' she thought. she knew she was half-elf but she still was hostile. AIya finished her meal and wandered aimlessly around Rivendell. She suddenly bumped into a elf in a silver dress, who seemed to be waiting outside a door.

thats you gulio!

Old 11-17-2003, 07:15 PM   #69
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

isnt gulio a dwarf?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulio, Strength of Many
Name: Elwryan
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Elwryan is shorter than most Dwarves, only reaching 4'8''. She is sturdily built, with white-blond hair and blue eyes.
Personality: She tends to remain aloof, preferring her own company to that of others. But she is kind, and when she does warm up to you, she is a loyal friend.
History: Elwryan is the daughter of Hendel, Dain's cousin. She left Erebor and currently dwells in the mountians near Rohan.
and i was the elf in the silver dres...meh

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Old 11-17-2003, 07:54 PM   #70
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
"Hmmph!" said Daisy. "I don't know anything about any diamonds. And my pony's plenty fast enough." She kicked Mischief into gear and the pony kept up quite well with the elvish horse.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:22 AM   #71
Legoles

<Interesting. She is very strange. Very srange indeed.>"Ah, Master Elrond. How nice to meet you at last. You know what I came to discuss, right?" Elrond just nodded his head, and motioned him inside. "Thank you."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:11 AM   #72
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Órëmîr leaned against the wall, her head slightly tilted, her sharp ears poking out the sides of her silver hair. An Elven-looking creature came around the corner absent-mindedly and nearly knocked into her; Órëmîr didn't notice until the other was almost upon her. She squinted at her for a moment:

"I know you from somewhere," she murmured. "O yes: you were in the dining hall. Aiya…"

Aiya nodded curtly.

"Forgive me," Órëmîr said softly. "I too often forget things: and so you never chanced to learn my name; I am Órëmîr." She bowed her head and motioned towards the Dwarf by her side. "That is Elwryan," she informed Aiya. "And I have forgot why I did come here, other than to show Elwryan to Elrond. I will take my leave." She bowed again and walked slowly past Elrond's door.

"Órëmîr!" Órëmîr glanced up: it was the fastest present record of response when her name was called. She turned slowly and entered the company of Elrond, the source of the calling.

Why would he want me? she mused to herself as she crept silently into the room. She fondled her diamond nervously Am I in trouble? Because I can't remember doing anything…then again I can't remember doing much of anything, really… She felt it again: a tingling shooting round the inside of her skull.

"Yes, Master Elrond?" she asked solemnly, trying to block the feeling out. Elrond looked at her gravely.

"Órëmîr, you are already acquainted with Eclipse – somewhat, in any case – therefore I do not assume it should be so hard for you to accept what you are to embark upon with him forthwith." Órëmîr glanced at Eclipse and shrugged. "Depends on what you wish me to do, my Lord…" she muttered.

Legoles you can make something up

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:18 AM   #73
elixir
Elven Warrior

The moment of pure carefree happiness shattered into pieces when an elf kindly asked Shayla if she could help her in any possible way. Now she had to think again. "Yes, I..." she said but fell silent. She had come here, as a mysterious force had told her to do, but she had no idea why she had come here. It couldn't have been just because it was a safe place for she knew she was expected to do something dangerous. But what? The elf stood in front of her smiling and waiting for her answer. What should she say. Shayla sighed. "I was asked to come here," she replied. "Follow me," the elf said and to Shayla's great relief didn't ask who had called her here. Where is she taking me, she thought, and what will I say? The elf stopped by a closed door. "Go in," she said, "you are waited." I am waited? But, but... She took a deep breath and hoping that someone inside can answer all her questions, Shayla opened the door.

"We've got a wizard and we're not afraid to use him!"

HOBBITS NEEDED! Some dwarves as well !!!

elixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:22 PM   #74
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

ooc: can we use ooc's please so we know whats going on, now have we taken vote on the whole diamonds idea? should we find them or i'll tell everyone later if they choose "something else".

ic: We (being Daisy and myself) arrived in Rivendale just as the sun went down. Magnificant sunset really i thought, and fair speed for a pony.
"Elrond!" my voice echoded through the halls as Daisy stood behind me or was she beside me?
"Who is it?" Elrond said from between two other elves. A grim face on them all.
"It is I, Malrash, I have come, have the others? or am I to go and find them?" I stated firmly, and a touch annoyed.
"Yes, yes, there is some here i don't think it is all of them, but i can't even remember all their names, why dont' you go have a looksie, their in the dining hall." Elrond answered as if trying to remember something important.
"Come now Daisy, you are in good company i assure you, plus i bet you are hungry as well?" I questioned the small hobbit. Hobbits what funny things, so small and yet so pure of heart...almost like elves but elves would betray you...I thought.

Upon entering the dinning hall Malrash (myself) noticed quite a handful of people around the table. Daisy quickly found her footing and sat down at the long table and began to help herself, i was right in suspecting her hunger. The company turned and looked at Daisy then looked on toward the doorway and saw me standing well leaning in the doorway.

"You shall all state your names if you please...and then i shall tell you mine and i will tell you why you are all here, but i do not see Oremir where is she? She is to be summoned." and as if on cue she appeared and took a seat with the others. I took a seat at the head of the table and awaited a reply from someone. I began to wonder if Oremir even knew who i was probably not, since she is 266 years older than myself, though i knew of her not only because of the mission though, but because of her wanting to fondle everything, she was like a dwarf really, fondling gold and anything shiny never wanting to give it up.
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 11-19-2003, 06:21 AM   #75
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ooc; okay 1: Órëmîr was talking to Elrond so technically Malrash would have known where she was
2: she [Órëmîr] keeps to herself and only fondles her own diamond [precious…]
3: why wouldn't she know about someone who was born after her [young people these days…]
4: she's only 260 years older than Malrash [I'm still young! I'm still cool! ]
5: you say she's like a Dwarf like it's a bad thing I like Dwarves…

ic; Elrond frowned as though trying to find the right words to address Órëmîr with; it was almost trademark that she was to be treated as a child. "Órëmîr, Eclipse is to accompany you and several others on a quest to rid Eriador of a recent infestation of Dragons," he began. "You I have selected to embark upon this journey for the invalue of the use of your Diamond."

Órëmîr's hand closed around the pink gem in her pocket. She didn't want to have to relinquish it.

"You will not have to," said Eclipse quickly, and Órëmîr turned her gaze sharply towards him. Of course he read minds. She should have expected it; he was a demon. Elrond nodded.

"It is unlikely that you would have to wholly forfeit it," he said. Eclipse glanced at Elrond, then looked to the floor.

An Elf entered the chamber: Órëmîr turned slowly and recognised Malrash, a maid 260 years her junior. She spoke with Elrond briefly and left.

"You two return to the dining hall," said Elrond. Órëmîr bowed hesitantly and took her leave.

Upon entrance of the dining hall Órëmîr sighted several Elves whom she knew, a Hobbit with whom she was not aquatinted and yet more unfamiliar Elves; Malrash, sitting at the head of the table, shot her an almost disdainful look as she sat down.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Old 11-19-2003, 02:45 PM   #76
elixir
Elven Warrior

Shayla took a deep breath and opened the door. A moment later, she wished she hadn't. It was a large beautiful room, actually, but all she could notice were the people sitting at the table. A lot of elves, too many as she thought, and other kind of people, an hobbit for example. She felt everyone looking at her and she didn't like it. Shayla wanted to close the door and leave as quickly as possible, but the elf, who had brought her here, stood right behind her blocking her way of escape.

Shayla liked people, she was sociable, but she liked people who she knew, or at least of her kind. What she didn't like was to stand there in a strange place, far from her home, with so many eyes looking at her and examining her, stand there silently without being able to say anything. What must she say? Hi, I'm here, now please tell me why am I here? That sounded riddiculous. But she couldn't think of anything better either, and as the silence was starting to become rather uncomfortable, she gave up and said: "Hi everybody, I'm here, could anyone please be so kind to tell me why am I here?"

"We've got a wizard and we're not afraid to use him!"

HOBBITS NEEDED! Some dwarves as well !!!

elixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #77
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

ooc: 1) i meant no offense to you
2) i thought you had finished talking to Elrond.
3) I was trying to keep the whole elves not like dwarves thing as orginally said by tolkien or the creater of middle earth Iluvair (i think that's right)
4) The reason you might not know malrash is because Malrash isn't elven really....and she wasn't born anywhere near Rivendale.
5) UH lets just say i caught you fondling something in your pocket and immediatly assumed whatever, so it's not like i really know you, btw Malrash also keeps to herself, she rarely draws off her hood.
anyhow no more fighting.

ic: "we were about to say all of our names, and i was about to explain to those who don't know why you are here if you would just take a seat, please." I said trying not to look as stern as i felt. Why was Oremir being so crude?
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 11-19-2003, 07:24 PM   #78
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

OOC: sorry i havent posted for so long... got side tracked.. a little confused at whats going on...
OOC: do we have the diamonds, or are we looking for them?

IN: Lily bursts loudly in through the doors! Heads turn to glare at her.

"err sorry im late" lily stammers, "i got lost you see, and then i met this guy...so i spent a couple days with him...." notices people are starting to give her odd looks... "right. well! the point is im here. Now could someone kindly tell me what is going on?"

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:29 PM   #79
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: So, do we have the diamonds? *is confused*

ic: Elwryan nearly made a remark on the elven obsession over stupid things, such as hair, nails, clothes, etc., but she stopped herself; Lord Elrond was in the room. Instead, she shot a cold glance at the elf. "Right, what exactly is going on?" She echoed the human.

ooc2: Elvish Faerie, don't take it personally I always RP like it's me there, and so my character does what I would do. AND DWARVES ROCK!!!

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:11 PM   #80
Legoles

"We are introducing ourselves. Miss Lily. I'm Eclipse, as half of you already know."

PADFOOT LIVES!