Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2003, 12:09 AM   #61
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

YES!!! Join now! post you post! now! theres a discussion thread too, if ya wanna know more bout it.

ic: "Thank-you." Eragon said, his eyes brightened. <I still think you should listen to Brom> said Saphira with a humph. "Yes, you should." said Brom. Eragon stared at him, "Did you just," he began, "Yes, I spoke with her." said Brom. Eragon stared at him, then at Saphira. <Why didn't you tell me!> <He asked me not to> she anwsered feebly. "But I thought-" said Eragon. "I have my ways." Brom smiled, sometimes he liked torturing the boy. Eragon sighed, Brom was driving him crazy! "Enough of this, we have to get her somewhere inside, and I need a bite to eat." Brom smiled, motioning for Eragon to help them carry the girl inside.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:59 AM   #62
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien wrinkled her nose playfully at Brom. After the dragon rider had been carried inside she turned to Camnete. She drew a small red flower out of the pouch that had supplied the linen and held it out to him. <Eat this,> she ordered.

The dragon looked at it suspiciously. <What is it?> he asked.

<But a stimulant, however it will help Terin regain her strength,> replied Banuien. <She is yet too weak to swallow it herself, and may well choke on it; however you will not.> Banuien plucked a teardrop petal from the flower and placed it on her own tongue. <It will not harm you,> she assured. Camnete took the flower in his teeth and grudgingly swallowed it. Banuien smiled and stroked his nose tentatively. <She will soon be strong again,> she said soothingly. <Under my watch, in any case.>

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-19-2003 at 07:36 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:23 AM   #63
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien went inside, instantaneously spotting Eragon. She sat lazily opposite him on a large rock, leaning against the cave wall. She tilted her head slightly and surveyed him with her blue-green gaze until he looked up at her with his own amazingly piercing eyes. She started and smiled.

"I do not contradict anything I have previously said," she began awkwardly. "But…I too think you should heed Brom’s warning. He is wiser than many would suspect. You have great potential, Eragon, I have no doubt about that – but do not waste the chances of it prospering by risking your very life in the use of magick. I would never have suspected myself to say this," she laughed sullenly. "But until you are truly ready…perhaps it is best if you should rely on the craft of herbs for healing."

She sighed and stood, and, not bothering to push her thick jet braid behind her shoulders, lent forward and kissed Eragorn on the forehead.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-16-2003 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:59 AM   #64
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Siuahn sat down again, leaning against Nyaki as she watched the others. She hadn't been listening to much of what the others hwas been saying, so it came as a shock when Banuien leaned over and kissed Eragon on the forehead. Coming back to her senses, she shook her head slightly. "Brom, why is it you sent Eragon to me, when you knew Banuien was here? I'm the same age as he is! I don't know more than a piece of what there is to know..." She trailed of, grumbling sullenly. She didn't get it. Her and Eragon weren't that far apart in age, yet the man sent him to her of all people. Banuien could teach him much more effectively. Waiting for an answer, she stared levelly at Brom. When he gave her an odd look, she realized she was missing something. In all her suprise and haste, she hadn't bothered to put her veil back on. Cursing under her breath, she lowered her gaze to the floor and tried to remember where she put the accursed thing.

OOC: Sorry, I'm still trying to get used to writing her... I forgot her eyes were different. But i do that sometimes.

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:12 PM   #65
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Brom smiled. "You will have some part to play in his journey, Suiahn." He nodded and walked to where Eragon sat. Saphira was playfully teasing his hair, but he paid no heed. "What is the matter boy?" asked Brom. "I was just wondering, woh are you?" he asked turning towards the old man. "I am just a gruffy old storyteller, nothing more." he smiled, though his eyes were far away, looking at something in his memories. Eragon was unsatisfied. "No storyteller knows as much about dragons as you do, nor knows any elves, or is let into dragonkin valley! Tell me who you really are!" He demanded. Brom sighed. "Do your questions ever stop!" Eragon smiled. "No." Brom pulled up a chair, making sure no one was around them. He slipped the glove off his right hand, showing Eragon the gedwey ignasia. Eragon stared at the hand, then at the old man. "You are a dragon rider!" he said, below his breath. "Yes, and before you ask questions, let me speak." Eragon nodded. "Where is your dragon?" Brom scowled. "She was slaughtered in a battle long ago, her name was, Saphira." His eyes drifted away again. "The same battle that Banuien lost her dear dragon to. "After that, all the dragons were killed, but five eggs still remained. Galbatorix stole them, he wanted to make his own, evil dragon riders. But I was sent, to steal them." "but that was a hundred years ago!" said Eragon. "You forget boy! Riders live forever! But I stole the eggs, all but one, that one he still has. The four I brought here, but they were scattered. Thankfully, they found thier riders and now all have come to dragonkin valley." Eragon looked around, the four must have been Saphira, Nyaki, Cream, and (legoles get your butt over here!) "But now, do you have any questions?" Eragon shook his head. "Alright, lets eat." Brom said, pulling out a basket.

Old 10-15-2003, 06:10 PM   #66
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ooc: HELP!! AHH!! TOO MANY POSTS!!
INFORM ME WHAT HAS BEEN GOING DOWN HERE IN THIS RPG!
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:30 PM   #67
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Nyaki nudged her Rider in a sympathetic way. <What is the matter, Siuahn?> Shaking her head, the girl laid one hand on the dragon's nose. Drawing her hand above Nyaki's eye, Siuahn sighed. <Nothing. Just so much to think about.> <Do you suppose you'll ever learn all the answers?> The girl's gaze switched to wher Brom and Eragon sat. <Knowing that man, and Banuien, I'll be lucky if I'm even allowed to ask the question.> Nyaki nuzzled against Siuahn's hand, her eyes closing as her Rider's hands scratched behind her scaled ears. <I spoil you, Nyaki...> <And what's wrong with that?> Smiling, Siuahn let the dragon lay her head on her lap. As she scratched the dragon's head, she looked around the room, taking everything in. One thing she ignored; Brom's and Eragon's hushed voices. She never believed in eavesdropping.

Old 10-15-2003, 07:45 PM   #68
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Terin slowly opened her eyes and began to giggle in her mind. <I see nothing funny about this Terin.> <Cream? Oh! So I'm not dead! Well that's a relief!> <Ofcourse you're not dead you silly girl. We are in Dragonkin valley. Terin why aren't you listening to me?> <There are other people here. I don't think they know I'm awake *notices other dragons staring at her* Ah, but it seems their friends do! Hello! I am Terin and this Camnete. Hey Camnete your the only boy.> <Yes,well, thank you for that one out. Never would have geussed on my own.> <Oh, you take things to seriously.> "Exuse me,but I'm feeling much better and really do need to go home and see if my family is safe." Terin said rather unevenly because she was trying to get up as she spoke. A clawed paw was placed on her shoulder and a strange mind spoke to her<You Won't be going anywhere for a while young one.> <Cream!> A roar echoed thorugh the cave and Camnete knocked a blue dragon away from his rider. "No!She meant no harm!" A strange boy yelled but Camnete kept advancing. <CREAM! Stop he says she meant no harm! I panicked I felt trapped I shouldn't have yelled for you!> Everyone in the cave was silent waiting for what was to happen next.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:49 PM   #69
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ooc; Fimbrethil, please help!! I just need some info on what's going on in the last few posts, or a start or something!
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:58 PM   #70
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Lady A, as for what happened, Siuahn and Eragon met up in Siuahn's little cave home, because Brom sent Eragon to her for training. (His uncle was killed...) And then Eragon went out with Saphira for a bit and got attacked sort of... So Siuahn sent Eragon and Saphira through a tunnel in the cave to the Valley of the Dragonkin. After a while, Siuahn and Nyaki (dragon) met Eragon and Saphira there, but Banuien found Eragon first. (Old friend of Brom's and Siuahn's) And now Terin and Camnete made it there, but Terin was hurt badly, as was Siuahn, but Eragon healed Siuahn and got chided by Brom for it. So now I'm assuming we're all in this niffty little house in the Valley, and we're all getting acquainted. *pauses to take a breath* And that's it I think...

Old 10-15-2003, 11:10 PM   #71
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Raven and Glenadrin flew over a peaceful town, keeping mind of the keen eyes of the elves. They flew over a small valley, with a cave in the middle of it.<Raven, there are prescences of dragons down there.>
<I thought you were the only one...>
<Guess not. D'you wanna investigate?>
<Sure, why not. But I'm going to cast two spells. One to make us completely silent, and the other to make us invisible. Is that a good precaution?>
<Yes I think it is. But cast them now, before they come out.> She cast the spells, and they landed silently. She crept forward, and peered inside. She gasped, and was secretly glad of hte scilence spell. The place had dragons, and people. She motioned for Glenadrin to come with her, and they went in.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:26 AM   #72
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

<Why did he do that?> asked Saphira. <He was protecting his rider> replied Eragon. <Its ok, we are friends. She wasn't going to harm you, she was just introducing herself> said Eragon to Camnete. He bent over the long scratch on saphira's wing, the thin membranes peirced. <It's not that deep, your skin was protected.> He looked up at Brom, who rolled his eyes and nodded. "Just this once! For practice." he said. 'Waise heill." Eragon's gedwey ignasia glowed with a white light, the skin closing over the scratch. Saphira snorted with approoval. <You can release her, we mean no harm> Eragon said to Camnete. Brom suddenly stood. "There is another dragon here, besides Saphira, Camnete and Nyaki." Everyone stood silently waiting.

Old 10-16-2003, 03:04 AM   #73
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Siuahn sat down again, leaning against Nyaki as she watched the others. She hadn't been listening to much of what the others hwas been saying, so it came as a shock when Banuien leaned over and kissed Eragon on the forehead. Coming back to her senses, she shook her head slightly. "Brom, why is it you sent Eragon to me, when you knew Banuien was here? I'm the same age as he is! I don't know more than a piece of what there is to know..." She trailed of, grumbling sullenly. She didn't get it. Her and Eragon weren't that far apart in age, yet the man sent him to her of all people. Banuien could teach him much more effectively.
Banuien's voice streaked through Siuahn's mind. <You are an excellent dragon rider,> she assured her. <And you are young; most of the time it is better for students to feel they may relate to their tutors. You are an essential part of Eragon's training. As long as I have known you, you have never lacked the confidence you needed to do anything; coaching another in dragon riding is not to be the business to tint your record.> Siauhn looked up: Banuien was at the mouth of the cave, giving no hint that she spoke to her but that she smiled. <Such is my method of teaching:> she mused, <Teach your pupil the risks and then give way as they make them. But remember,> she continued. <Only trust the chance to them when you are sure they are ready to venture it. And I know you can create him the proudest of all dragon riders of the world.>

Banuien suddenly giggled; her tittering echoed eerily throughout Siuahn’s mind. <His age, are you?> she teased. <And as fair as he?> Siuahn narrowed her eyes as Banuien began to snicker visibly.

Quote:
Brom suddenly stood. "There is another dragon here, besides Saphira, Camnete and Nyaki." Everyone stood silently waiting.
Banuien had been staring avidly at the cave floor, where twigs were snapping and leaves crushing under the weight of some great unperceivable creature. "I know," she murmured. Before anyone could turn towards her, she stood and seized the smaller invisible perpetrator, holding a dirk to their throat while brandishing a white-bladed hatchet towards the mouth of the cave, where the other creature's footprints were new.

<Who are you?!> She demanded.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-19-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:25 PM   #74
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn glared at Banuien as she laughed. <What's got you in such a huff?> Nyaki asked, lifting her head to the Rider's shoulder. <She mentioned the fact that Eragon and I are around the same age...> Nyaki's laughter echoed in Siuahn's head, mush the same way that Banuien's had. <You two would be quite cute together.> <Stuff it, Nyaki. I don't want to hear anymore! You know I hate men.> The dragon scoffed quietly, <You just don't give them a chance, you foolish little girl. May-> She stopped in mid-word, her eyes flying up to where Baniuen stood with her arm wrapped around an invisible object. Siuahn scrambled to her feet clumsily, Nyaki rising beside her. <What's going on?> The dragon asked, folding her wings against her back and lowering her ears in uncertainty. <Wish I knew...>

Old 10-16-2003, 09:19 PM   #75
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

<I can feel it too> said Saphira, looking warily around. Eragon unsheathed Zar'roc, waiting for something to happen. <It could be at my nose and I wouldn't know it!> he said impatiently.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:52 PM   #76
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Its alright" said Brom suddenly. "I found her and talked to her, it took me a while, she is very strong of mind." Everyone looked at him. "Now for business, if everyone would please sit at the table, and if Raven would kindly show herself, we can begin. Oh, and the dragons need to listen too." He motioned for them to sit. He sat at the head of the table, pressing his hands together, a serious looked fell on his face. "As most of you know, two black cloaked men have been terrorizing the riders. As far as we know Galbatorix still doesn't know of us, but it won't take long. His power is increasing, and his empire expanding. These two cloaked figures are his advisors, and most precious to him. But they are not men. They are called the razac. Their faces are hooded, and no one but the king himself has seen them otherwise. They have no names, and are pure evil. Their only weakness is daylight. They can travel in the light, but it slows them down. I have friends, and contacts who have seen them, traveling at night, questioning the townspeople. They were last seen in a town about sixty leauges from here, not far. I will be taking a group of you with me to track them down. Who will go?" Brom stared at all the people beneath his brisly eyebrows. "I will." said Eragon. "I have to avenge my family, and any others who were hurt by these villians." he said. Brom looked at him, for a long time. "You may go, even though you are green, but I suppose is Banuien and Suiahn come, the three of us may train you on the way." Eragon smiled, finally he was going to do something. <what about us?> Saphira asked Brom. "The dragons may come, and in fact you should. but when we approach cities you must fly high. And when we travel on main roads, your riders must ride horses, and you stay out of site." Saphira snorted unhappily, but was glad to travel with Eragon. "Who else will come?"

Old 10-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #77
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn nodded after a moment. "I'll accompany with you, if I even had a choice to begin with. I don't know why I'm going though, with you two, of all people." She grumbled. "What've you got against me, Siuahn?" Eragon asked, sounding somewhat hurt by her sudden indifference to him. She lifted her pale eyes, and stared at him for a moment, as if measuring him. Her eyes were a dim gray, almost white, and her pupils barely a few shades darker. "Because I dislike men, Eragon. And as far as I'm concerned, you are a man." "Dislike is hardly a strong enough word, Siuahn. You hate them, with every fiber of your being if it were possible." Brom retorted, making her shoot him a sour look.

OOC: Sorry I manipulated Brom and Eragon there... Didn't know what else to do.

Old 10-17-2003, 12:40 AM   #78
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"You know girl, you annoy me." She said as her spells were released. "I am Raven Blackfire, mage, shifter, and ravenwinged flier." She looked in a pack slung across her back, and drew out a pair of black things, shaped like wings. She shook them out and htey formed great, black wings. She attached them to her back, and flew up a couple inches off the ground, and released her dragons spells.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:07 AM   #79
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Siuahn nodded after a moment. "I'll accompany with you, if I even had a choice to begin with. I don't know why I'm going though, with you two, of all people." She grumbled.
Banuien giggled. "And are you forgetting your old – female – comrade in arms?"

Siuahn looked at Banuien sideways. <Since when can you be classified as 'female'?> she asked. Banuien simply glared at her.

Quote:
"I am Raven Blackfire, mage, shifter, and ravenwinged flier." She looked in a pack slung across her back, and drew out a pair of black things, shaped like wings. She shook them out and htey formed great, black wings. She attached them to her back, and flew up a couple inches off the ground, and released her dragons spells.
Banuien grinned at Raven.

"Conversely, it is lovely to meet you."

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-19-2003 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:06 AM   #80
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
"Well, I geuss I'll go. Camnete will join me?" Terin asked aprehensivly. But Camnete didn't answer because he to busy talking to Nyaki. <How long have been with your rider nyaki?> <That depends do you want our years or there's?> <I don't really care I was just curious.> <You know you should really work on that temper of yours.> Saphire said to Camnete. <I didn't mean to and really am sorry. Will you forgive me?> Camnete asked all to obviously flirting. <CAMNETE!!> Terin screamed to her dragon. <Will you be joining me??> <Of course I will Terin. Someone has to take care of you.> <Glad to know you ahven't lost your sense of humour.> "Well now that dragon has stopped flirting then I can tell you we will both be joining you. Although becasue of where I lived I have never riden a horse before."
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote