Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2003, 02:26 AM   #61
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by PippinTook
tee-hee, tea-time! have you had any pip tea yet earloth? well its about time you do! cream and sugar? *hands cup of tea*
No I haven't had pip tea, so thankyou, Pip.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:32 AM   #62
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by PippinTook
sure you can be both! gulio is tel and gimli, i think, and I'm like the entire cast of hobbits! hey dreran, had my first frappy! chocolate malt! yum, *pats tummy*
oooh, I love the chocolate malt ones! hehehe, now I'm thirsty. Would you please pass the tea Pip?

OOC: I don't know how Kyra should get from this world to ME, so I'm just going to put something in

IC:

Kyra was sitting at home, bored. There was nothing to do, nothing to watch on tv, and her friends were busy. She sighed, put on her boots, and ran out the door.

"I'm going for a walk!" She called.
"Kyra!" someone shouted, but she pretended not to notice. She made a dash out of the yard toward the woods.

edit: Hey, I wasn't done typing! This wasn't supposed to be posted yet. Oh well. Now that it is, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should get my character to Middle earth?

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 08:47 PM   #63
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Jaci came to the front step of her house. A very large house, though pretty much no one was there. With a sigh, Jaci opened the door and set her gym bag on the floor. "Dad, I'm home! Dad?" Jaci called upstairs. No answer, Must be at work, or where he usually is, the bar. Again, Jaci sighed as she opened the door and went out to see her horse, Anlema. A smiled came to her face as the young gelding trotted up to where she stood by the fence. "Hey boy, ready to go for a ride?" she whispered in his ear as she fed him an apple from her lunch. Jaci climbed the fence and went in the barn. Grabbing the bridle and leadrope, she looked behind her to see Anlema following her. She put the bridle on him and then climbed on. "Ready boy?" Jaci opened the gate and softly kicked his sides and Anlema began lopeing on a well known trail.

ooc: I'm not sure how my character will get to ME....hmmmmm....
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 08:52 PM   #64
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

cool stargate portholes!!!! tee-hee, just kidding! you could be sucked into a book! or through the looking glass, no wait, thats taken. I was in that play, I was the evil queen, bwhahahaha! off subject, sorry

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 01:04 AM   #65
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Lol there doesn't have to be a huge spinning vortex with some masked stranger standing beside it going HERE THE MYTHIC PORTAL OF IMPENDING DOOM: MORTALS YE BE WARNED, THAT ALL THOU WHO TREADETH UPON THE PATH OF THIS HERE VORTEX SHALL BE MET WITH PERIL AND FEAR BEYOND THY COMPREHENSION!!!

Like my character just went to Middle-earth from Valinor and just found out that she'd somehow been locked in a...I wanna say crossfire, but I know that's wrong...nevermind, whatever you wanna do. Like Kyra could walk into the forest near her house and find out its Mirkwood [ah, that would be trippy] or Jaci could ride on her horse on a certain trail for 2 hours and then find out she's on the Wooded Road [also trippy].

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-05-2003 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:52 PM   #66
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

trippy is cool

IC:

Kyra was walking in the forest by herself, twirling a large green leaf in her hand and humming idly. This was the only place she had to be alone and think. Technically she wasn't allowed in the woods by herself, but today she had made a clean getaway, and laughed at her good luck. It wasn't until she had been walking for a long time that she realized she didn't know where she was anymore.
"That's weird." she said aloud. Normally she knew this forest like the back of her hand, but now she didn't recognize where she was at all. The woods by her house weren't very old or very big,
but these were. The trees were huge and ancient and dark, and she knew at once she had never seen any of them before. She was lost.
Panicked, she started running, looking for a tree or a clearing she'd remember, but she saw none. She ran on and on for whatseemed like hours, until finally she collapsed by a black stream, exhausted. She looked at the running water. Normal water wasn't that color, but she was so thirsty...

"Don't drink that!" called someone. She looked up to see a man standing a few yards away from her. She saw his face and his clothing, and knew at once what he was.

"y..you..."she stammered. "you're an elf!"
"Of course I am. What are you doing in Mirkwood?" he asked.
"Mirkwood? Did you say Mirkwood?" she asked shakily. The elf sighed and looked at her with concern.
"You're lost, aren't you? I'll help you find your way out of the forest, if you want."
"Um...." she looked around. Could this really be happening? She pinched herself hard.
"Ouch! I mean, yes please. That would be wonderful." The elf smiled.
"Allright, follow me then."

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens

Last edited by Dreran the Green : 10-05-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:15 PM   #67
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: Aha! You gave me a good idea Earloth!

ic: Jaci rode on for a while when she noticed the trail didn't seem very familiar anymore. Maybe I just took a wrong turn...or maybe not. The trail doesn't fork off at anytime that I know of....Oh well. I'll just keep riding, there has to be a sign around her somewhere... Jaci continued to ride but the small wooded path soon opened up to a big open area. She seemed to be on a dirt road. "This is strange...." she said quietly. After a while, Jaci saw a town in sight. When she entered, her mouth dropped, "Holy Cow! Talk about a medival fair!" Many people gave her strange looks while they walked past her. Jaci jumped down from Anlema and went over to a man. "Excuse me, I'm lost. Can you tell me where a phone might be?" The an looked at her confused, "What is a fone?" he asked her. Jaci laughed, thinking the man was joking. "No really, can you please tell me where I phone is?" The man shook his head, "I have no idea what a fone is. Sorry." He walked away, looking over his shoulder at her every now and then. "Okay..... Maybe they can help me." More and more people gave her the same results, telling her she was in Minas Tirith. "Great, I am lost in some fair that people really take seriously." Jaci sat on Anlema on the side of the rode waiting to see if maybe she would recognize anyone. Soon, she she was beginning to be conviced that maybe these people were just crazy. Leanign over to Anlema's ear, she whispered, "Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore."

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Old 10-05-2003, 09:25 PM   #68
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Jaci rode on the trail for a while when she began to notice that the path didn't look very familiar anymore. She continued to ride, hoping a sign would be some where up ahead. After a while, the small wooded path opened up onto a large dirt road. "This is strange....Oh! Maybe they can help me!" Jaci trotted Anlema up to where a few people were. "Excuse me? Hey, um I am lost and I was wondering if there was a phone or anything up ahead." A man looked at her strangley, "What is a fone?" Jaci was about to say something then stopped and laughed. "Oh, that was a joke right? No, really, I need to call my dad." The man shook his head, "I do not know what a fone is. Sorry." The man and his familiy quickly walked off. "Okay...." Jaci shrugged her shoulders and continued on. Soon, she came to a town and Jaci rode in hoping there was a phone. "Holy Cow!" she said when she entered, "Talk about medival fair!" People looked at her confused and when ever she would ask any of them where a phone might be, they all shook there heads. "What is up with these people? Why do they insist that I am in Minas Tirith? That is just a story." Jaci led Anlema over to a unoccupied corner. As she watched people go by, she wondered where the heck she was. "Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore..."

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 10-05-2003, 10:38 PM   #69
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: yay, haven't posted yet, can post now! um, I'll be a fully fledged wizard now. It's easiest that way.

Ic: Kalile wandered the forest of Mirkwood, her home of this past age.
"Why now?" she wondered aloud, leaning more heavily on her staff.
"The world is changing quickly, and the years weigh heavily on me."
Why now were things happening, when she was no longer at the peak of her strength?
Outwardly the elf remained young, but she was tired, so tired...

An elf and a very strange looking human interrupted her musings, the elf greeting Kalile with a smile.
"I found a lost changeling in our woodlands," he called, but Kalile paid him no heed.
This was a human like none she had seen, and it wasn't just her garb. Nonetheless, she was familiar, like something half remembered from a dream.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:24 AM   #70
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: Sorry about the double post thing.....computer is really messed up. (I had to type the thing like 5 times till it worked!)

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 10-06-2003, 04:24 PM   #71
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Hey, someone end up in the shire so I can run into you, i'm pip, as always, someone find me!

Old 10-06-2003, 06:15 PM   #72
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

ooc: Ok, here goes!

ic: Alexandra stepped off the bus and ran up the sidewalk. She slowed down, turned left, and ran up the garden path that led to the front door of her home. "Mom, I'm home! Mom?"That's odd, she's usually here when I get home... "Oh well, she must have gone out to get something for dinner." She ran up to her room and changed out of her school clothes. Then she went to the kitchen and wrote her mom a note saying she'd gone out hiking in the woods, and she would be back in time for dinner. Alexandra put the note on the 'fridge and ran out the door. She was heading for the old wooded trail she had found last weekend. She thought that it might lead somewhere interesting. "There it is! If this leads to the creek, that'd be so cool!" She started to jog along the narrow, overgrown trail, hoping to find a good place to sit and re-read The Lord Of The Rings. And, of course, dream about Aragorn. she thought with a smile. She jogged for almost half an hour with no cahnge in the trail. Just as she was about to give up and go home, she heard running water. She quite suddenly emerged from the woods, on the banks of a good sized river. There was a small child sitting on the ground, with his feet in the water, singing. "Excuse me, could you please tell me where I am?"

ooc: There you go Pippin!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:58 PM   #73
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Kyra didn't know what exactly a changeling was, but she assumed he was talking about her.

"Um, hello" she said to the elven woman her guide had just greeted. She was looking at her strangely. It must be because of my clothes she thought, remembering that she was in Middle Earth now. "My name's Kyra, Ky if you want. Nice to meet you."

Old 10-06-2003, 08:11 PM   #74
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Oh, dear!" said Pippin, who was startled by the stranger. "You mustn't do that to a-" he began as he turned around. "Oh, my, we haven't had one of the big people in th shire in years, Peregrin Took, son of Paladin, at your service!" he said bowing low. "Now, what business have you in the shire?" He asked the oddly dressed human.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:49 PM   #75
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Niliana walked down the path towards the forest. Once she walked in she felt a change. Subtle yes, but it was darker and more brooding than before. "Reminds me of Mirkwood." She drew up her hood and covered her face. She suddenly ran into two elves and a normal human girl. "Hello?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:55 PM   #76
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
"Niliana." Kalile nodded, then spoke in elder elvish of the ancient times.
"Naliana, this girl... she is of the other place, is she not? World-treader, my old friend, tell me what this human child portends."

Ooc: I'm kinda assuming that you travel other worlds.... am I right?
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:46 PM   #77
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Yup!
"Hello again Kalile. Yes this child is from the other world. This one is from America. What is your name?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:44 AM   #78
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Jaci sat around watching the people walk by until she could stand it no longer. Jumping off Anlema, she said quietly to him, "I'm gonna go take a look around, be right back." Walking out into the busy town, Jaci tried to look as invisible as possible and not risk getting another annoying look. Haven't these people ever seen a pair of jeans? Turning around to see if Anlema was alright, ?Jaci bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry." she said quickly. The man turned around, "Oh, it is fine." he said smiling. She returned the smile and started to walk on, "Wait, are you lost?" Jaci turned around and shrugged, "Kinda, people keep telling me I am in Minas Tirith." The man gave her a confused look, "And why don't you believe them?" "Well, to be in Minas Tirith, I would have to be in Gondor. Which means I would be in Middle Earth, which isn't real. It is just a story." The man nodded slowly, apparently still confused. "Oh, nevermind." Jaci said quietly. Before she could walk off, the man again called to her. "Wait, what is your name?" Jaci sighed. She didn't want to give a stranger her name but perhaps he knew her father. "Jaci Tranelt." she mumbled, "And yours?" "Aragorn."

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 10-07-2003, 03:14 AM   #79
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Aiarél made her way slowly eastward, sometimes sprinting, sometimes walking slowly and warily; she passed by a small village she would not have recognised but as in a vivid faerytale she read long ago, distant though that memory was from her childhood it clinged to the sharpest images of her mind. She walked along a dirt path that stretched through a blanket of soft green grass until she came to a lake, whereat two people stood: one she recognised as the Hobbit she had seen the previous day, the other clearly human, and alien. But Aiarél had ever been longing to discover of what she did not yet know, and the outlandish stature of the hobbit, together with the girl who stood by him’s close strangely blonde hair, the abnormality of her clothes and the exotic traces of memory sketched in her face made her and the small Halfling the most beautiful creatures she had ever beheld.

She approached them slowly, but only when she was no more than 3 metres away from them did they realise her presence.

“Might you be able to help me?” she began awkwardly, still observing the strange girl. “I…do not know of how I reached here. I am from Valinor and have not the full account of the tales of Middle-earth, but I was told in the reckoning of Men it is the year 3018 of the Third Age but as of my own people’s it is but the 2097th of the Second; I do not see how I might have missed such a quantity of years – have you yourselves any information of these lands or history that might be of use to me? - If it please you, I myself will share of what I might.”

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-07-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 PM   #80
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by Legoles
Yup!
"Hello again Kalile. Yes this child is from the other world. This one is from America. What is your name?"
"Kyra. My name is Kyra, but you can just call me Ky if you prefer. Its nice to meet you." She said, talking a bit faster than usual in her excitement. If she hadn't been so dazedly happy, she might have asked how the elf called Niliana knew she was from America, but right now it didn't seem too important to her. Instead she began to wonder what year it was. She knew only a few dates in the history of Middle Earth, but if she knew the year she might have a vague idea of what was happening.
"Er, I don't suppose one of you could tell me the year?"
When they told her it was 3018 of the Third Age, she almost fell backward in shock. She had landed in Middle Earth at the beginning of the War of the Ring.