Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-18-2003, 05:50 PM   #61
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

I looked over at the lady standing next to me. I smiled at her. "Hello lady. I am Adreivia. I gather tthat you are Enya."

The lady looked surprised when I mentioned that I knew her name. "I am of the dunedain. I come often to Rivendell, and knew of this journey before the counsel had taken place."
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:52 PM   #62
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
I nodded to the hobbit, made certain that no one could overhear, then said, "I am Calien, granddaughter of Saila. I left because she wanted me to join her in aiding her master Mauluk, and that I could never do. I think she took me in so she could try to convince me to join them," I said bitterly, "but she's failed."

The day my mother, Alasse, died, she must have known something was wrong. Before she left Thirelind to journey to Lorien, she warned me about the kind of person Saila truly was. She told me that if I ever needed help, and could not ask her, I should seek her kin in Rivendell.
Then, with a fond farewell, she was on her way. It was the last time I saw her alive. And my father had been slain soon after my mother had, leaving Saila to raise me. But even when Saila had seemed kind, I never forgot my mother's warning. Ever.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 03-18-2003 at 05:53 PM.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 06:01 PM   #63
Silverstripe

Ellewen walked over, and told Calien that she would be allowed to speak with the questing group.

Smiling at the very surprised Tamra, I said,

"Ellewen and I are going to speak to the questers. They don't know what they're getting into, and somebody has to warn them."

Then Ellewen and I followed the elf, who led us into a small group. This had to be the company.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:04 PM   #64
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
Hum, this could be a good chance to hide, thought it would mean risking my lif as i do anyway, so what is the differance? I followed after them, silently.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Lubyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:26 AM   #65
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
"Salia, Do you not...not recognize a fellow-fellow rul-that is a fellow...a friend when you see her?" A tear escaped from the hobbit's eye and she dejectidly pushed it away. This was no time to be acting like this. "Linte-that is The Master requests your presence immediatly. He will make his power known. He will begin." By the end of this statement the hobbit burst into tears and sat down clutching the staff to her, and was nearly sucking her thumb. Things had changed for Doncamiel. She did not belong here. Frantically without thinking about Mauluk being able to read her thoughts, she searched for a way of escape. Frantically she wondered how she might be able to change things. Nothing came to mind. She half whispered half whimpered. "He will rule. He cannot be stopped. Please m'lady you must go to him now. Tardieness of his most trusted servant he would barely accept, but if you are...He would blame me m'lady. You must go to him!"
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:07 PM   #66
Silverstripe

Saila's icy expression showed no trace of compassion for the hobbit, though in truth the wizard was moved by Faith's plight. The hobbit had been her friend, after all, and the wizard had always had a fondness for the simple hobbits.

Mauluk could be a harsh master, especially to those like Faith, former rulers whose lands he had gained by conquest. Mauluk would make Faith's life very unpleasant indeed.

Yet Saila knew that she must show no signs of concern for the hobbit. Mauluk wouldn't tolerate his most trusted servant going soft. Besides, the wizard had to keep her own servants under control, and the easiest way to do that was to make them fear her wrath.

The hobbit had been right in saying Mauluk would not accept lateness. Saila would have to worry about finding her granddaughter later. And, of course, the treacherous servant, Ellewen. She'd have to be taught a lesson.

But Saila knew that finding Calien would be nearly impossible, now that she and Ellewen had gotten beyond the borders of her land. Mauluk would not be pleased that Saila had lost Calien, either, yet he'd be far angrier if she were late. And he WOULD take Saila's mistakes out on lesser servants, the wizard knew that from experience. All Saila could do for her old friend was report to Mauluk quickly.

"Very well, I will go at once," said Saila.

Then she disappeared.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:38 PM   #67
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

I watched silently holding the reigns on Herman. 'I would soon get to know all these people of many races.' I thought. For a moment, no one spoke. Then I stood, "Where are we going anyway?" Many of the companions looked at me queerly. I grinned embarrassedly.
but words are meaningless
in your absence.
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #68
Silverstripe

"If you're wise, you're not going anywhere yet," I said, answering the hobbit's last question. "Not until you know more about what you're confronting. The evil you face is powerful, and no one knows any way to destroy it." Murmurs rose from the group, some dismayed, some angry.

"Who are you to presume to tell us what to do?!" roared one of the people in the company.

"Someone who believes this company may be Middle Earth's last chance for survival," I said calmly, "but doesn't want to see you rush off to get killed. I want this quest to have some hope of succeeding, and I think that I might be able to help. How much do you know about the enemy?"
Old 03-19-2003, 08:58 PM   #69
Lubyla

"Not enough, for none will tell me anything." Nydassi glared across the room. "They think me not to be trusted."

I puzzled over the face of the girl who spoke. I had seen it somewhere before. I walked and stood next to Calien.

Old 03-19-2003, 09:11 PM   #70
Fred Baggins

Doncamiel cowered away from the wizard, expecting her to sweep past her. Instead she dissapeared. Doncamiel clutched her staff rememberig at last that she was a wizard as well. Since retook her mind as she remembered she DID have a way out. Before long she too dissapeared.

The elf, Mauluk howled with rage at the wizard in front of him. She had startled him, and for one second he had been startled to the point he forgot the fear hold on the Countess Doncamiel. She would regain sence for a secodn, and that would be enough. He reached out to regain the fear hold. Sure enough she was gone.

Doncamiel found herself standing in the middle of a group of elves and hobbits and sorts. Embarresed she moved out of the crowd, and changed the looks of her still royal clothes. She would never don them again. Looking around she knew, though she had never been here, that this HAD to be Rivendale. She turned to the closest person, a hobbit, and asked what was going on, hoping she wouldn't be recognized.
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-19-2003, 09:26 PM   #71
Lubyla

"I know about as much as you do, nothing more, nothing less." I snapped at her.

"Then what are we to do if we know nothing? Do we let this new power prevail? I did not come here, and resist a home to be ignored and unused! I came to help the land that I knew for a time."

Old 03-19-2003, 09:37 PM   #72
Fred Baggins

Doncamiel glared at the hobbit. Never before had she been treated so rudely. Just before she shouted at the hobbit, she remembered who...and what...she was now. She gritted her teeth and grined. "Thank you anyway." Stiffly Doncamiel sat down on a nearby chair. Might as well figure out what was going on. She HAD tried to go somewhere where something was going to be done about Mauluk, perhaps this place was it. She could help in any rate, as best she could. There was still the link between the two of them, and she knew of his near-weaknesses. Frome somewhere came the name his "Achelle's Heel" She shook her head pushing the thought back down.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-19-2003, 09:44 PM   #73
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

The people's talk was fiery, and I decided to stay out of it. I glanced at Doncamiel and winced, the hobbit seemed harsh. I turned to Enya in distress, I felt small and helpless as I grasped Herman around the neck. No one seemed to see me. It was as if I was invisible...

BTW, Fred Baggins, you're pm box is full.
in your absence.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:00 PM   #74
Fred Baggins

ooc: Not no more! And you dun know Doncamiel's name unless you recognize her.

ic: She looked at the other hobbit, and shied away. So many hobbits in one place, some one was BOUND to recognize her, after all she WAS the only hobbit wizard, and one that had never lived in the Shire at that. She glanced at her staff, turning it's looks to that of a normal wooden walking staff.
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 03-19-2003 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:06 PM   #75
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

I smiled at this hobbit, I recognized her from when I was young, she was familiar.
in your absence.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:29 PM   #76
Fred Baggins

Doncamiel shrunk away from the other hobbit a bit. She looked framiliar, slightly, but there was no way to tell. She had no time to worry about a simple hobbit, not where she had been before. She would just have to try to ignore her. Again though Doncamiel looked at her. She was looking back as though she recognized her. What if she does?! A fleeting thought darted across her mind. This is certantly no place for someone like me to be. They might name me a...a...Darkfriend.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:33 PM   #77
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ooc: I am male

ic: I turned away from the other hobbit. I looked around, everyone was silent, staring around blankly. I rubbed my eyes, and for a brief moment, I could see my nice warm hobbithole with a burning fire. I looked at Herman, he was watching me intently.
in your absence.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:39 PM   #78
Fred Baggins

ooc: Oppsies...Blond Week...

ic: "He called me Faith." She muttered a bit weekly, remembering her last meeting with Linte-that is with Mauluk. "I'm not Faith, I'm Don-" She clamped her mouth shut looking around. She stood up, and stretched, looking ready to leave the room.

The elf looked at the wizard eye to eye. Even she had to wince away from the glare that meet her.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-19-2003, 10:42 PM   #79
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ooc: All of my blond friends are very smart

ic: I looked at the other hobbit in surprise. Then at a dark elf glaring at her. I decided that this was no time to speak. I slumped onto my seat and watched the council, with had gone on for hours now.
in your absence.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #80
Fred Baggins

ooc: Oppsies again...those are in two different places...and the wizard was Salia, not Doncamiel...

And I am blond, thus I said blond week...blond life...and I'm smart!...sorta...I'm a writewraith ain't I?
()_))_Crayola_))_>