Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2003, 02:51 AM   #61
Orion
Enting

That "looks like you are about to go where everyone has gone before" was totally hilarious too. I just love all those her one-liners, they are so funny. Like this from that same episode; Sheridan: "I can't leave without an explanation. She'll be all over me", and Susan says "looks to me she's already all over you.".. *LOL* And couple of episodes earlier; "I swear, if we'll live through this, someone is going to find their automatic shower-preferences reprogrammed for ice-water".. it´s not so funny as such, but the way how she says all her lines is just so good.

Yeah, Franklin really imposes his own views to everything, like when he treats patients, he doesn´t really care about their religion and stuff, he just wants to get them saved no matter what. Like with that one boy whose parents didn´t accept an operaton and Franklin did it anyway because he´d had died otherwise, and then the parents abandoned their kid.. or something.

Which seasons have you seen, btw? Nurvingiel the three first and Estel13.. all..?
Old 03-31-2003, 06:10 AM   #62
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Orion
...and then the parents abandoned their kid.. or something.
They killed their kid.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:32 PM   #63
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
That "looks like you are about to go where everyone has gone before" was totally hilarious too. I just love all those her one-liners, they are so funny. Like this from that same episode; Sheridan: "I can't leave without an explanation. She'll be all over me", and Susan says "looks to me she's already all over you.".. *LOL* And couple of episodes earlier; "I swear, if we'll live through this, someone is going to find their automatic shower-preferences reprogrammed for ice-water".. it´s not so funny as such, but the way how she says all her lines is just so good.
Which seasons have you seen, btw? Nurvingiel the three first and Estel13.. all..?
I've seen all 111 Episodes 5 times EACH. Ya, the ice-water one is a classic. As is the "She's already all over you" one. I haven't seen B5 in like 8 months 'cus they took it off the Scifi Channel. Now THAT really pissed me off! I'm, uh, *slightly* obsessed.
E
Old 04-01-2003, 02:17 AM   #64
Orion
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
They killed their kid.
They killed him? I didn´t rememberthat.

It´s getting too long since I have seen the show! I can understand that you are slightly mad, E13, for not seeing it for 8 months - but sympathize with me; I haven´t seen it for couple of years. The sci fi channel would start airing it now, but of course I don´t have that channel.
*L* I wish I had seen the eps 5 times each too
Old 04-02-2003, 02:02 AM   #65
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
They killed him? I didn´t rememberthat.
To them, he was already dead. Way to go Franklin, he was going to die anyway, but at least he could have died in peace. The sad thing is, I don't think he learned anything from that.

I have seen up to the end of Season 4, and a bit of Season 5. However, that was a long time ago. In my rewatching marathon with two close friends, we are at 4x02, "Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?" (We need to watch that one.) I love Garibaldi!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:15 PM   #66
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Orion: A couple of YEARS?! You have my sympathies!
Nurvingiel: This isn't a spoiler, but "Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi" is a great Episode!
Another really good one is "Grey 17 is Missing".
Any Episode that has a lot of Garibaldi in it is good!
Old 04-02-2003, 11:06 PM   #67
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm excited! We're going to watch "Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?" tonight! I'm concerned though, it didn't look good for him at the end of the last episode, with his Starfury encased in a shadow ship. I wonder if they randomly grabbed someone, or if they went after him on purpose. Scary. Remembering from my previous viewing, I think Bester mentally works him over. Poor Garibaldi, he has a hard enough time. I just want to give him a hug.

And Lyta too, everyone's mean to her too. She just gives and gives and never receives. Only Zack makes a modicum of time for her. And she saves all their butts zillions of times! I have a feeling she'll be instrumental in the future too. Boo ya Lyta and Garibaldi!

Hey Orion, you could try what I do - download all the episodes off the internet! Ummm... legally, of course. It's a long process (I've had 2x04 downloading for 2 months!) but it's worth it.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 04-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #68
Orion
Enting

Yeah, "Whatever happened to mr. Garibaldi" and "Grey 17 is missing" are my favorite episodes because they are so great Garibaldi episodes. Those are the ones that I *have* taped so I watch them every once and a while.
Others that I really like the ones where Marcus and Stephen are in Mars because they have some such a hilarious lines. Marcus singing and Stephen´s response to that cracks me up every time..

Did you like the last episode, Nurvingiel? Garibaldi sure had hard time - and whole his past had already been hard, I hated it every time when something bad happened to him because I didn´t think that he would had deserved that. And neither did Lyta, that´s true. (Zack is great, isn´t he! ) I always liked Talia more than her though, and I didn´t like the way how Talia all the sudden disappeared from the series - it happened too fast and it wasn´t explained well, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the tip, Nurvingiel, I actually hadn´t thought of downloading them from the net before. The only way I have got them so far is from my friend´s mom, who is a big fan of B5, and she has sent me some eps every now and then. Downloading would save the postages.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:58 PM   #69
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

"I am a modern major general......"
Those are great, and so are all their 'married' lines. Captain Jack HAD to get them married ID's!
Ya, Zack is da man...... AFTER Garibaldi, of course! Nurvingiel, wouldn't you want to do a little more than just HUG him? I would!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #70
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

No prob Orion! Yea for internet piracy! I mean legitimate aquisition of episodes. Also, you can buy the first season and some of the movies on DVD/video. (When I have $70 just floating around...)

I loved the episode! (4x02) But it was so sad! (Heh heh, maybe I would like to do more than hug him. Garibaldi is so hot. No, what am I saying? I have a boyfriend...)

Then last night we watched 4x03 The Summoning. Also an awesome ep. (About the ep, in spoilers, just in case.)
I'm glad Sheridan waasn't out of commision for too long. JMS knows how to keep a good pace going. Sheridan has a great line at the rally.
Drazi: Captain, I'm sorry, I thought you were dead.
Sheridan: I was. I got better.

And Ivanova and Marcus have a great exchange while looking for the first ones. First, their conversation when Marcus told Ivanova that he was a virgin and in love with her without saying either of those things. And then...
Marcus: I'm picking something up on the scanners.
Ivanova: A unicorn? Sorry.

I think I'm behind everyone in viewing - next ep is 4x04, Falling Toward Apotheosis. So no need for spoilers on my part?

edit: fixed Marcus' line. That guy is so funny!
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 04-06-2003 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:51 PM   #71
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
No prob Orion! Yea for internet piracy! I mean legitimate aquisition of episodes. Also, you can buy the first season and some of the movies on DVD/video. (When I have $70 just floating around...)

I loved the episode! (4x02) But it was so sad! (Heh heh, maybe I would like to do more than hug him. Garibaldi is so hot. No, what am I saying? I have a boyfriend...)

Then last night we watched 4x03 The Summoning. Also an awesome ep. (About the ep, in spoilers, just in case.)
I'm glad Sheridan waasn't out of commision for too long. JMS knows how to keep a good pace going. Sheridan has a great line at the rally.
Drazi: Captain, I'm sorry, I thought you were dead.
Sheridan: I was. I got better.

And Ivanova and Marcus have a great exchange while looking for the first ones. First, their conversation when Marcus told Ivanova that he was a virgin and in love with her without saying either of those things. And then...
Marcus: I'm picking something up on the scanners.
Ivanova: A unicorn? Sorry.

I think I'm behind everyone in viewing - next ep is 4x04, Falling Toward Apotheosis. So no need for spoilers on my part?

edit: fixed Marcus' line. That guy is so funny!
The whole Ivanova/Marcus thing is great.
And I love Sheridan's "I was. But I'm better now." line.
You have a B/F? You're lucky. I don't. Which one is Falling Toward Apotheosis? I can't remember. I could look it up in my log, but I'm to lazy.
Later..............
Old 04-07-2003, 12:36 AM   #72
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Estel13
The whole Ivanova/Marcus thing is great.
And I love Sheridan's "I was. But I'm better now." line.
You have a B/F? You're lucky. I don't. Which one is Falling Toward Apotheosis? I can't remember. I could look it up in my log, but I'm to lazy.
Later..............
Don't worry about not having a boyfriend. My bf and I were friends for years (read: six) before we started going out. Friends are more important.

Falling Towards Apotheosis is Season 4, Episode 4. I downloaded it in the crappiest quality ever, so I'm trying to get it again. I don't think I'll have it in time though. Gah!
Quote:
Old 04-07-2003, 03:05 AM   #73
Orion
Enting

I´m boyfriendless - and can drool after Marcus and Garibaldi with clear conscience.

I too love the Ivanova / Marcus relationship, they have some funniest lines together. Like in that episode where they were looking for the first ones.. that whole episode is really good.
This is a big spoiler:
It´s just a shame that Susan wasn´t interested in him - nothing ever worked out well for my poor Marcus.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:49 AM   #74
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Return of Babylon 5!

Due to high tachyon emissions in sector 14, this thread was lost in time for a while. But now it has returned... as Valen.

Anyway, I started a new (soon to be padlocked) thread in hopes of keeping this thread going. So let's do it!

Excitement, season 2 out on DVD!

And in my downloaded episode watching marathon... I'm on season 4, episode 8. Now if only the sound worked on my computer...
Quote:
Old 05-12-2003, 08:42 AM   #75
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

....oh this is fun, yes......
Old 05-16-2003, 09:03 PM   #76
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Return of Babylon 5!

Due to high tachyon emissions in sector 14, this thread was lost in time for a while. But now it has returned... as Valen.

Anyway, I started a new (soon to be padlocked) thread in hopes of keeping this thread going. So let's do it!

Excitement, season 2 out on DVD!

And in my downloaded episode watching marathon... I'm on season 4, episode 8. Now if only the sound worked on my computer...
Oh, so THAT'S why no-one has posted here, in, like, forever! Where's your other thread?
Old 05-18-2003, 07:50 PM   #77
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Forget about the other thread, it will be padlocked soon, since it's redundant.

Work sound work!!!

I just downloaded Walkabout (318)! That one took 3 months. I might hold out for better quality though, we will see.

Whenever an ep takes that long, by friends and I read deatailed synopses from The Lurkers Guide . They're very good, and full of spoilers! Don't read them if you haven't seen the ep - I warned ya.

Happy B5 watching!
Quote:
Old 05-23-2003, 07:23 PM   #78
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Hey, cool site! Happy B5 watching to you too!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #79
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Good news, Nurv! SciFi channel is now showing B5 on the weekdays......at 6 in the morning. But, starting tomorrow, I'm going to get up and watch it. Tomorrow is Episode 45. That's the one where Warren Keffer dies. Too bad, too. I liked him. I'll be around....I'm out of school.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:38 AM   #80
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Is that Space? I don't get cable or satelite anyway... go peasant vision! I just downloaded The Legend of the Rangers, To Live and Die in Startlight. There's only three connections to Babylon 5: Tannier is a character who also appears in a regular episode, G'Kar is in it, and there's a brief shot of B5 at the very end. It's an awesome movie, leaving new arc potential plots happening.

And if I just bring my CDs downstairs, I can watch the next episode...
Quote: