Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2005, 03:52 AM   #61
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I haven't been around much lately, so I didn't even notice Liz was hardly here anymore. Did she leave? She's a cool lady!
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:14 PM   #62
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Linaewen:
Quote:
I haven't been around much lately, so I didn't even notice Liz was hardly here anymore. Did she leave? She's a cool lady!
yeah. Who was lizra - i don't think i have come across her here? Shame. is she still around? what was she like?

Eärniel:
Quote:
The room is still locked though

why? what's in it?

Lenya:
Quote:
Mighty Three... Wow. Do tell.
Yea, i too dost want to know ...

Eh.

Anduril:
Quote:
Anyone remember The Mighty Three (Eärniel, BoP and myself)? And that Andúril (in the room. The room is locked) story with Lizra? And all those theological debates?

Seems like such a long time ago.
So, i am now intriguged ... what was the mighty three and the room, the room is locked ....

TELL US MORE O' CRYPTIC ONE!

best BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-16-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:59 AM   #63
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
why? what's in it?
The Thing basically, that's why we keep it locked.

Quote:
So, i am now intriguged ... what was the mighty three and the room, the room is locked ....
It's all in the RPG-forum, you can do a search and might even get a laugh out of it. That is, I can't remember where the three-thing started, it was some other thread I forgot about. But the details about the room (the room is locked) you can find in threads relating to the drunken elf pirates. The first thread was called 'quest for wine' IIRC. Knock yerself out.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:27 AM   #64
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
The Thing basically, that's why we keep it locked.
Hang on. That should have been, "The Thing (in the Room. The room is locked) basically, that's why we keep it locked".

Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #65
Melfena
Elven Warrior

i can't belive it's been over a year since katya told me about this message board. Then after i registered, she wouldn't tell me what her user name was, she made me guess. I think it took me something like 4 months to figure out which one she was. I am glad she told me about it though, i find myself coming here almost everyday, although i find myself reading mostly, and not posting.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:34 PM   #66
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

hi there Melfena

Quote:
i can't belive it's been over a year since katya told me about this message board. Then after i registered, she wouldn't tell me what her user name was, she made me guess. I think it took me something like 4 months to figure out which one she was. I am glad she told me about it though, i find myself coming here almost everyday, although i find myself reading mostly, and not posting.
you ain't kidding - about the reading mostly - i have never come across you on the Moot before.

Well, hello. Nice to meet you!

How come you don't post so much?

*wonders if he'll get an answer *
Old 08-19-2005, 07:52 PM   #67
Melfena
Elven Warrior

Quote:
How come you don't post so much?

*wonders if he'll get an answer *
i don't know, i think it has something it do with when i think about posting, i think about it for too long, and i eventaly come to the conclusion that i will offend someone in some way, and don't post.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:18 AM   #68
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melfena
i eventaly come to the conclusion that i will offend someone in some way, and don't post.
That's what I'm for.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:57 AM   #69
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

precisely, just add the following line to your signnature:

In the event of any unintentional offence caused by any of my postings: please blame Anduril: Anduril will take full responsibility

anyway, if you do, and didn't mean to, just sort it out: it's much more fun posting and being involved.

maybe you could tell us about some of the moot experiences, or threads, or debates you have been interested in or enjoyed?

Don't worry Melfena, both Dr Anduril and Dr Butterbeer will cure you of this post-phobia syndrome: you just really couldn't be in better hands!

When it comes to not thinking too long, or just good old not thinking, we're the Pro's!

As for not worrying about causing offence: well, lets just say if you were paying for this therapy: you'd need to re-mortgage your House, sell your car, and kill a loved one who has life insurane!

We're Good. Damn good.

What say you Dr. Anduril? Do we concur?

*we'll not mention the shock-therapy just yet ... until we see how Melfena responds to our gentle ministrations*

(I see her post-pulse has risen to a healthier 91!: maybe you can put that needle away for the Momment Doctor Anduril? )

P.S maybe we should bring in the respected and revereeed DR GW in too for a third opinion?

best
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-20-2005 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #70
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Anduril:

TELL US MORE O' CRYPTIC ONE!

best BB
The Mighty Three story starts precisely here, and goes over to the RPG forum (but you'll come across the link).

And for the Thing (In the Room. The Room is locked), go here, although I had already become the Thing before that, somewhere in the General Messages forum, IIRC.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:15 PM   #71
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:

In the event of any unintentional offence caused by any of my postings: please blame Anduril: Anduril will take full responsibility

anyway, if you do, and didn't mean to, just sort it out: it's much more fun posting and being involved.

maybe you could tell us about some of the moot experiences, or threads, or debates you have been interested in or enjoyed?

Don't worry Melfena, both Dr Anduril and Dr Butterbeer will cure you of this post-phobia syndrome: you just really couldn't be in better hands!

When it comes to not thinking too long, or just good old not thinking, we're the Pro's!

As for not worrying about causing offence: well, lets just say if you were paying for this therapy: you'd need to re-mortgage your House, sell your car, and kill a loved one who has life insurane!

We're Good. Damn good.

Yes, quite. And what better place to start than the Teacup Cafe?
Old 08-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #72
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Excellent diagnosis Dr.Anduril. We await Dr.GW's input now...

and of course some feedback from Melfena ... it's all part of the healing process!

Melfena, please see the teacup cafe and let us know your view on rugby and lottese's brutal man-game v's american football viewpoint.

are you a Bok, a black, a lion or a wallabie? or none of the above ...

remember each post helps your friendly, mad, but intuitive healing process... as outlined by the 3 Docs (please close the door. the door better had be locked!)

best
BB
Old 08-21-2005, 12:20 AM   #73
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Speaking of diagnosis, do you think that maybe JD is...

constiposted?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:18 AM   #74
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

If so, we recommend plenty of prunes and a larger post-box with a big flashing light which says "POST HERE!"

Our shy and reticent Dr.Anduril may offer other more surreal therapies .... eventually

As for the good Doc grey Wolf .... his healing secrets for dealing with constiposted patients would fetch millions, if he would but let us know his ideas ....

I wonder what Melfena thinks... is JD Constiposted ?

*will we get a reply? , will the subtle and mysterious post healing techniques work? will her post-pulse again rise to a more stable 92? *

best to you Melfena and Valandil, and meaning no offence ... to any Doctors anywhere!

BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-21-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:35 AM   #75
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:

If so, we recommend plenty of prunes and a larger post-box with a big flashing light which says "POST HERE!"

Our shy and reticent Dr.Anduril may offer other more surreal therapies .... eventually

As for the good Doc grey Wolf .... his healing secrets for dealing with constiposted patients would fetch millions, if he would but let us know his ideas ....

I wonder what Melfena thinks... is JD Constiposted ?

*will we get a reply? , will the subtle and mysterious post healing techniques work? will her post-pulse again rise to a more stable 92? *

best to you Melfena and Valandil, and meaning no offence ... to any Doctors anywhere!

BB
OK. Here cometh the cureth ofeth theth Constipostatia. A special pill for this purpose which I have now manufactured.

Here is THE CURE...

.................THE JACK DANIEL'S ANTI-POSTATIAL NON-ALCOHOLIC REMEDIAL PILL...............

MELFENOR PLUS!!!
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:58 AM   #76
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, there you have it folks straight from the Wolf's mouth, as recommended by the leading Doctor (DR. GW) and consultant in this field ...

MELFENOR PLUS!!!

Can we please have SGH forward some on to JD for some completely unlicensed but quite possibly amusing trials?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #77
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Speaking of diagnosis, do you think that maybe JD is...

constiposted?
ROTFL!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:35 AM   #78
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

For how long has he been absent from the Moot now?
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:46 AM   #79
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I don't know - I see him logged in every once in awhile, tho. He's probably waiting until I hit 9,999 then he'll beat me to the punch!

I miss his input on the historical/political threads - he has a good grasp of things like that, IMO.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:09 AM   #80
Melfena
Elven Warrior

Quote:

We're Good. Damn good.

*we'll not mention the shock-therapy just yet ... until we see how Melfena responds to our gentle ministrations*

(I see her post-pulse has risen to a healthier 91!: maybe you can put that needle away for the Momment Doctor Anduril? )

P.S maybe we should bring in the respected and revereeed DR GW in too for a third opinion?

best
BB
Thank you for helping me over come my phobia, i really appreciate it ^^, and i will try to post more. As for JD, i have a theory .

Aliens are censoring entmoot's user posts and they thought it was impossable for someone to reach 10,000 posts, so they informed the government that they would abduct the first person to reach 10,000. So the government starting monitering post records and found that JD was dangerously close to reaching it, the government didn't want to remburst the aliens for the gas they would use to transport JD, so they sent him a threating e-mail telling him not to post, but not telling him about the aliens, just that if he did, they would send their 1,000 flying paravian llama riding warriors to come and destroy his computer, and then procide to feed it to the llamas. At this point the aliens would show up and the government would have to transport their giant three headed dinosaur to scare the aliens away. JD would then have to pay for all the gas that the government and the aliens used, and we all know how high gas prices are.

Or he could just be trying to build up suspence just to post something like, "i'm back!"

I still think the first is our best bet though