Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-30-2003, 06:57 PM   #61
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"I know something of sword play, but I perfer my blades." said Talim showing her two knives strapped to her arms.
"The rebels need training. Most of them have only come here for aid and safety. Not many warriors among them." she said finishing her soup.

*yawn* I am so tired!

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:31 AM   #62
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Woah, mass choas there Fim. 47 people made me want to go hide under my blankets, but 60?! We're talking serious therapy for an antisocial freak like me

ic: "Hey there," Kâri stuck his head through the entrance to Hendel's tent. "How's it going?" He asked, referring to the untouched soup sitting on the desk.

"It's nothing," Hendel replied, not really wanting to talk at the moment, "I'm just tired."

"I know you, Hendel,and something's wrong. You always eat too much!" His friend joked.

"Well, it wasn't ME who was still hungry after supper, and got caught stealing from the larders years ago!" Hendel said, referring to when both of them were but boys.

"Well, I was young, and young Dwarves need proper nutrition, or they won't grow to a proper height."

They laughed for a bit, but sobered up, remembering the faces of those fallen. "You know," Kâri added after a while, "Sometimes I wonder, why weren't we at the outpost at the time of the attack? What strange chance brought the raid at the time when we were the farthest away?"

"I don't know, nor do I try to guess. I tried once, but I ended up going 'round in circles for hours and got a terrible headache," Hendel replied, "Finally, I came to the conclusion that one can wonder why, and try to find the reason behind such things. You can only take what comes, I guess."

"You're lucky, you can just shut such questions out," Kâri said. "Me, however, they keep coming back, like an infection. At times, they consume my mind, and I can't focus on anything. It's always 'why this' and 'why that'."

"That's because you're a thinker, and I'm not. That is why you are so much better at planning things, because you see every angle. Me, I am useless at all that, but give me something direct, like an enemy in front of me, then I'll be of some use."

Suddenly, a sweaty, gasping man ran into the tent. "They found us," He panted desprately, "We've been discovered!"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 02:16 AM   #63
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"I'll go train them a bit... "
"OY! IT'S TIME TO TRAIN WITH YOUR SWORDS, GET YOUR BUTTS OUT HERE!"
I shifted my clothing to battle gear while they were getting ready.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:17 AM   #64
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Legoles
" Dagorwen, my name is Draconia. I have a way to make disginguishing me easier. I will tie two bands of black cloth around my arms. When shall I start instructing the others?"
"It sounds reasonable. And I would advise you to initiate drill as soon as possible."

Draconia nodded. "I’ll go train them a bit…" Turning to the Rebels, she began shouting orders at them.

"Many are too young or too old, and some have no will for war," Dagorwen said with a half-smile, turning back to her map. "Push, but take care only to shove when necessary."

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:23 PM   #65
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: Fim really needs to be online more. I'm here several times a day (semester break, don'tcha know) and I'm DYING to post.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:49 PM   #66
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: Sounds good to me Adrian

ic: Ralen sat near a stone pillar gazing into the wood ahead of him. He thought of what the two assassins had said. They found the dwarves. How soon will it be until they find us as well? He sighed and stood, it was time he headed back to where the others were. He usually left when he needed time to think, but now, there is time for nothing. They must always be on watch for he new not where the rest of the band of the assassins could be...if there were any more. But how could two wipe out all the dwarves, if all are now dead. There must be more somewhere....
"Ralen!" He turned quickly to see Samar, out of breath and blood dripping down from his forehead. "20 elven scouts, near the village! I tired to draw them away and it seemed to be working, but I am not sure how long they will look for me."
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:34 PM   #67
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: Okay! I'm back, and raring to kick some dwarf butt! Until my character gets captured and shown the error of her ways, of course.
Oh, and I know we had this discussion days ago, but elfyboppers will have their revenge! I am a huge elfybopper, and proud of it! Except that I think Orlando Bloom should be thrown in a closet. A dark one. With rats, so that we can hear his girlish screams as he is too dumb to turn the doorknob and walk out. So am I still an elfybopper for loving Legolas the elf instead of Legolas the pansy human in a wig?

Ic: Laurana drank in the sun like a plant, feeling it seep into her. "At last, we will attack the first pocket of dwarven resistance," said her companion, an elf in chainmail.
"My magic is strong today, Commander Yinali," Laurana replied, smiling. Soon the war would be over and evil wiped from the lands. The two friends sat in comfortable silence until war trumpets sounded and they split up, Yanali running to his charger and Laurana going to the front to wait for him on foot with nothing but her staff. Soon he came and set her beside him. "Lightening does tend to scare the horses, so try to keep it far away from our troops, please." He smiled, and then they were off, gleaming in the morning sunlight to do battle with the dwarven foe.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 03:03 PM   #68
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

'Finally!" said Talim greatfully. She was excited about the training. She always wanted to fight along side with someone who could really fight. Often she was left behind due to her age, but that wouldnt happen again. She strapped her blades on, and stood with the rebels, waiting.

Old 01-01-2004, 04:31 PM   #69
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: I'm really sorry! Please forgive me!! Just wait till school starts up then see how much I'm on. It really was chaos! Err...I don't think anyone is my evil elven advisor so I geuss I'll be playing both of them. Oh by the way you know how it was sorta hinted that Galdriel is physic well my evil elven advisor is that's how we know all this stuff.

IC:
*a horn sounds*

"You will not be going anywhere, Miss Quinlan! Get on the back of my horse I'm going to the castle."
*at the castle*
"Cairnvele!"
"Yes, my lord?"
"Take the young Miss Quinlan to a room. Give her food, clothing, a bath, and guards. I don't want her to set foot outside that room! *turning to her* Or perhaps you would rather stay in the dungeons...lots of Shadows there you know." Terspin said as the Quinlan was lead to her room to taken aback to say or even fight...for now.
"My lord, the goods news, we found the rebels...the bad, they know we, we know where they are."
"Hmmm...this is a minor setback, ofcourse I didn't expect to find them so I am happy about that. Tell the troops I don't care that they know but I will care if they dont' get a semi-accurate count of how many there are what race, make sure you tell them to beware vampires and even shapeshifters. Which reminds send in Lagarkath, I want to know how many vampires I now have on my side."
"Consider it all done my lord."
Terspin paced back and forth in his study wondering what he should about the little Gravedigger he had just caught. He had planned to get her one day, but he didn't make plans for that far in the future...perhaps he should go see her here her side of the story.
*In Quinlan's new fancy cell*
"Well, well, look at the fly I've caught. Go on deny who you are so we can get that little part of the intorduction over with."
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 10:27 PM   #70
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Quin could see that denying her identity would now be only digging her own grave. And she hadn't broken any laws in the past... year.... or so....
So what was the point of lying? The worst he could do was hang her. And she'd had that done to her before.
"I am Quinlan. No more, no less. I do not deny it, so you may throw me in the dungeon if you wish. I have, no doubt, seen worse." She had the sneaking suspicion that the King wasn't going to harm her... He had other plans....

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

Last edited by Nariel : 01-06-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:29 PM   #71
Legoles

"Alright" I turned back to the assembled soidiers,
"Just so you all know, I am a shapeshifter. In battle, I will wear two black cloths tied around my arms. Now we will begin drills." I set out 6 dummies. "These dummies will represent your opponents. I wish to see the extent of your strength." I set them to work, everyonce in a while shouting out comments, or telling them it was time to switch. Then it was Talim's turn. "OY! Talim. Get over here!!!!"
*She rushes over*
"Yes?"
"Don't waste your time with the sword, show those other rebels what you've got. Get your blades back on!"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-02-2004, 12:49 AM   #72
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ok, maybe a dwarven messanger could come stumbling up shouting about how they're under attack... you know, to get Leggy's forces into the battle, and all, because currently the elvish troops are standing poised and ready to do battle while the world marches on. It's quite a funny sight, I'm sure, but it's time for the battle to be joined, so I'm goldmoding a dwarf. (I can never get that word right!)

ic: At that very moment, a dwarven runner stumbled up as fast as her squat legs would carry her. "We're under attack! The elves have found us! We need aid to cover our retreat.... please..."
She collapsed at the shapeshifter's feet.

ooc:*and as they all rush to the aid of the dwarves, Leggy feels sorry for the dead dwarf and says"Poor dwarf, you will not have died in vain!". The dwarf sits up and says "I'm not quite dead, mam! I'm getting better!"*
(Sorry, couldn't resist the Monty-Python-and-Holy-Grailness)
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 01:14 PM   #73
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: goldmodding?teehee. goddmodding. oh well, you did warn us. but wait, I have to show off before we go to war!

icbefore the monty python dwarf came) Talim smiled. She strapped her blades on and went to work on the dummy. By the end of it all, the disformed rag doll was in shreds.
"Great fun and all, but I can't wait to fight with something that fights back, or at least looks a bit intimidating!" she said to Draconia. (In comes monty dwarf) blah blah blah.
"Yes! War! Finally!" said Talim in a rush. She pulled her loose hair into a pony tail, and strapped a few small knives to her belt. She was ready.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:59 PM   #74
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc:Monty Python!

ic: Swiftly yet quietly, Ralen and the rest made their way through the thick forest toward the back enterance to the village. As they neared, Ralen heared the encampment of elven scouts talking among themselves; and preparing to kill. "Ralen," Boin came behind him and whispered, "they have blocked all enterances, the only way we will be entering the village is by killing them all first." He nodded and gave the signal for the men to spread out, "We have no time to get help, lets settle this now."
`````````````````````````
Ralen drew his sword and kept it by his side as he and five others approached one group of elves. Doing the best they could to surround them, the men began closing in. Ralen crept behind one, somewhat away from where the rest were. Quickly, he covered the elf's mouth and before any sound came from where he was, Ralen slit his throat. "Now it begins,"
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #75
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Monty Python is awsome!

IC:
"Well after I crush the rebels I think I'll make plans for you. Until then please enjoy your stay."
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 09:07 PM   #76
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Huzzah for stupid humor!

ic: Hendel and Kâri raced out of the tent, and brought up the rear of the retreat. The Elves were less than a half-hour away, so there wasn't much time. The faster runners were heading for the rebel camp to ask for aid.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:43 PM   #77
Legoles

I tied my black cloths on and left for the field, transforming into a swift bird. I circled above their ranks for a moment, then flew back. *shifts back* Dagorwen, their ranks are great. But with a few stealthily disguised traps, we will be able to destroy a few, and have some hope of winning."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 01-02-2004, 11:03 PM   #78
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Good, let's get going then!" said Talim excitedly. She was ready, her adrenaline(bad sp) was pumping and her heart already pounding. She waited for Dagorwen and Draconia to give orders.

Old 01-02-2004, 11:09 PM   #79
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

looky what I found! this is what Talim looks like, blades and all talim's pic cool ain't she?

Old 01-02-2004, 11:12 PM   #80
Legoles

*runs back outta breath* Okay, the traps are set. They will get here in a matter of minuites[I cant sp this ruddy word!!!] *hears yells* "traps sprung, they'll be here... attack NOW!!!" Troops surge forward. I killed many, flipping and tumbling, whilst slashing my sword. *10 min. later* Talim and I are having a contest, such as Legola's and Gimli's.
"30" mine
"36" hers
"40" mine
"49" hers
"60" mine
"62" hers
"78" mine
"84" hers
"96" mine
"96" hers
*battle is almost over*

PADFOOT LIVES!