Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #61
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Strider

"Nahor was a trusted Ranger, one of my closest companions." Faramir began. "He had begun acting strangly some time ago, just before Curamir's birth." He glanced at Acalewia.
"Everyone trusted Nahor." She said. "Last night, Colomir discovered I had a weak spot. Nahor knew about it. My shoulder had been broken by an orc and a wall. Nahor kept said orc from killing me, yet he betrayed me also"
"Nahor attacked me, although I still do not know why. He fell into the fire and then fled. We all thought he had perished somewhere in the wood. Even Eruanna could not track him, had she been able." Faramir's sons looked at him curiously.
"Nahor attacked me as well. He left me to die in the wilderness."
"Eruanna managed to make it to us. She told us of Nahor's betrayal. We all believed he was dead." Acalewia's eyes darkened.
"Until he attacked us while we searched for Curmaar. He gave himself away when he spoke to me by name and pressed on my shoulder." Colomir and Curamir were silent.
"What shall we do?" Colomir asked.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 10-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #62
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Hluor and his two new friends, joinded by two other shirtail relations of Gimli's made their way back to bree under the cover of darkness. That night Gimli told Hluor what he knew of the strange dark sorcerer and why the dwarves chose to help the ranger "we were in the Pony when they all went crazy" gimli went on, "and later Makoin overheard that black sorcerer talking to one of his underlings, he's looking for the mithr..err a dwarvish weapon that was made long ago, and he thinks the rangers have it, the reason we dwarves are here is because we heard the same thing, we all spread out to search for this weapon, in fact Makoins brother should amost be in Gondor by now". related Gimli. "But what happened? why don't the dwarves have it now?" asked Hluor, "well, it was lost among the dragon smaug's hoard and later dissapered, we don't know who took it, but a rangers cloak was found later and that caused the rumor about the rangers having it, got started".
At that moment they came to a small hill above bree and the scene below them became quite clear. "Come my friends i have a hidden camp not far from here, i think it would be best if we make ourselves scarce"Hluor whispered.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 10-13-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #63
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Curmaar sat uncomfortably in the small cavern. Nakoin sat in front of him, stoking a small fire. The dwarf had a smug smile on his face, and he stirred the embers slightly.

"So," he asked, "who are you and what do you want?"

Curmaar replied, "I am a man from the South, seeking to escape one known to me as the Assasin. He has hunted me for a long time, and his hordes had almost caught me."

"Well, then, it seems you are a friend of sorts. Come, what can I help you with?"

"I believe maybe we could try to attack him..."

"PSHH! Attack a man with an army under his command? No, there are other ways to do this; much better ways. We shall go to Minas Tirith, and try to warn the king of Gondor, Lord Elessar. He will give us an army, and then we will fight!"

"That is a good plan; but why have you come here?"

"I have come to search for something ancient. It is a weapon that the dwarves were going to use to retake Moria; unfortunately it was lost when Smaug attacked. It was said to have vanished somewhere in the South, and so I have come looking for it."

Curmaar touched the Mithrilstone gently, but said nothing.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #64
rohirrim TR

Hluor and the dwarves built a small fire and took turns taking the watch of the night.

Far away to the south and in the north, evil was still stirring.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 10-13-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #65
Acalewia

Faramir was slient for some time.
"If Nahor is The Assasin, why did he send his orcs north?"
"Before Elgost's death, we saw him with orcs distroying everything in their path," Colomir said. "He said something about a mithrilstone." Acalewia glanced at Faramir.
"He must think my kin in the North have it," She said.
"What is it, might I ask?" Curamir asked.
"It is a weapon developed by the Dwarves. There was a rumor that the rangers had it, yet I have never seen it." Acalewia explained.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #66
rohirrim TR

as the sun rose, arrows began to fall upon osgiliath from the woods.

and in the north, a figure in blue robes carrying a oak staff, passed through the forest heading towards the ranger and dwarves hiding place.
Quote:

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 10-21-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #67
Acalewia

Strider

"It has begun!" Acalewia cried as they dodged arrows.
"What has?" Beregond asked.
"The Assasins onslought!" Faramir answered. "He has declared war upon any and all rangers North and South!" Acalewia and Curamir drew arrows for the counterattack.
"Save your arrows! We do not know where they are positioned. We need more men then this little group of rangers" He looked at his sons and the elf.
"Elessar does not know our plight. It is hopeless."
"There is always hope, Faramir. Perhaps Curmaar fled in order to bring us help or to draw the Assasin away from us. Our hope now lies with him" Faramir smiled.
"You should have been named Estel, Eruanna." He turned to his rangers. "If you see the enemy, fire at will!"

Old 10-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #68
Acalewia

Colomir turned to Acalewia. She was not there. He ran to his father and brother.
"The elf is gone!" Faramir spun around.
"Gone?! Where could she have gone?!"
"I don't know! She was there one moment and gone the next!"

Acalewia's blade was drawn. Rage raced through her. The hatred she felt for orcs had boiled over. The faces of those she had lost over the years passed before her. Her father, her brothers, Arathorn, Broamir, Theodred, Hama, Arlagon, the rangers under her command, Bergil, Elgost. Perhaps Curmaar. The rage, the hate drove her on. Before long, the blade was black with orc blood. The Assasin's call sounded to her left. She followed it, wanting to avenge the blood of her kin that he had spilled.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #69
Curubethion

Strider

Makoin and Curmaar set out towards Minas Tirith. As they journeyed, the man noticed that his companion was a sturdy dwarf, and not one to pick a fight with lightly. He walked like a lord of Erebor, trodding the earth heavily. Curmaar followed, at times fingering the mithrilstone in his pocket.

What can I do? he wondered. If he knows I have it, he will take it however he can! When I am asleep, he will slay me and take it! What, what can I do?

He watched the dwarf, who seemed to have within himself the wariness of a fox, and the cunning of a serpent. He impulsively locked his fist around the stone for a second. As it seared into his hand, he let go, feeling a numbing flame pass over him. There was nothing to worry about...nothing...nothing...
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)

Last edited by Curubethion : 10-20-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #70
Acalewia

Strider

Acalewia stayed to the shadows. She wanted to catch The Assasin alone and off guard. She soon found she couldn't catch him alone. But she did catch him, and his orcs, off guard. Several orcs fell before they realized they were being attacked. The Assasin called the orcs off, surprising Acalewia. But she didn't let down her guard. She held her bloody blade before her. The Assasin laughed.
"You dare to challenge me?"
"I do"
"Is that how you treat one you trust? A friend?"
"You are no friend! I stopped trusting you the day you tried to kill me!"
"Perhaps I should finish what I started" His blade only met Acalewia's.
"Let the game begin!"

Old 10-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #71
rohirrim TR

Curamir and Colomir had followed Acalwecia, through the woods, the scene before them was clear, Colomir nocked an arrow and Curamir drew a blade,"wait", said Curamir as Colomirs bow drew taught....
The stranger in the pale blue robes came nearer, Lain, a young dwarf, was on watch at the time,hearing footsteps, he drew a small throwing hatchet; Hluor came awake at the sound as well, as the stranger drew near he and the dwarf leaped out with their weapons, "KHAZAD" yelled the dwarf, waking his kinsman, Hluor looked at the stranger suspisciously, the man simply stood there as though he was bored. "who are you? you are not morluin" asked Hluor roughly. "ahh, that is a good quesion, WHO someone is is some times somewhat deceptive" answered the old man with a sly smile. "and WHAT is that supposed to mean?"asked Gimli apearing beside Lain. "hmm, dwarves and a ranger, odd, very odd, but i think we are friends,so why not ask me to breakfast and i will tell you want to know or, at least what i know that you want to know". he answered, chuckling.
Quote:

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 10-21-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:58 PM   #72
Curubethion

Strider

Derihor strained against the bonds that tied him to the rough post.

How were we caught? he wondered.

They had been four rangers by the North Downs, hiding. And then, swiftly, two had been slain and Derihor had been captured with his companion Arhur. How long would they leave the rangers tied? How long before the mob...

No! I will escape-I must!

He fought against the unyielding ropes.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #73
rohirrim TR

"Well now that you have heard my tale, do you wish to join me? afer all my fight is your fight at the moment" asked the blue wizard, named Alatar. " i will go with you" replied Hluor, "but as for my friends i will not speak for them" "ahh lad you don't have to, of course we will go on with you after all a wizard may be our best hope at the moment" interjected Gimli quickly.

As the party went back towards bree, Hluor thought about the wizards tale; Alatar and Pallando had went to the furthest east to rouse men to hope and great deeds against the reign of Sauron, yet they were for the most part unsucessful, save for a few tribes of easterlings that helped,him most of there hearts were turned to evil. Pallando had become power hungry and there had been a falling out between them, but Alatar didn't know he had become evil until he heard the name Morluin and the storys of his deeds, he knew then that his once best friend had turned to evil,and that he would be the only one powerful enough to stop him

When they came to a hill above Bree the scene was quite clear, two rangers were bound to the execution posts in the square. "it is Arhur and Derihur, we must save them before we lose two more men," said Hluor fervently, "yes you are right my boy, come, we cannot be late or early or all will be lost" said Alatar quietly
Quote:
Old 10-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #74
Acalewia

Strider

"You should have stayed in the North. You have no need to be here." The Assasin taunted. Acalewia's fury seemed to increase as her blade met his.
"You should have kept your minions in the South!"
As Colomir and Curamir watched, Colomir was amazed at Acalewia's skill with the blade. The Assasin brought the sword down on her weak shoulder. She stumbled back and Colomir caught a glint of white. The Assasin laughed and advanced.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:43 PM   #75
Curubethion

Strider

Hayagh stood in the wood, his scattered followers around him. They were all wounded, but their weapons were lethal.

"We have been terribly wronged!" the leader screamed in Southron, waving his arm-stub. "Vengeance calls for us! Vengeance!"

"Hayagh! Hayagh!"

"We have come from the South to reclaim the lands that once were ours! Let us reclaim them and take vengeance!"

"Vengeance!"

"Death to the thief of our god!"

The Haradrim chanted, preparing for war.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #76
Acalewia

Acalewia blocked and returned the blow. The Assasin stepped back and gave his call. Then he and his orcs disappeared. He knew he would tire before she did. Acalewia watched them as they left, staggered and dropped to one knee. Colomir came out of hiding.
"You have a lot of explaining..." A glare from Acalewia cut him off. "Come. You are weary. We must return within the walls before the renew their attack" He helped her up, being careful not to touch her shoulder. He glanced at his brother. "Lets go!"

Old 10-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #77
rohirrim TR

Hluor was amazed at how quietly Alatar could move, he had already lost sight of him as he and the wizard sneaked through the dark shapes of the buildings.

Derihor heard footsteps, he worked harder at getting loose, the sorcerer had promised death at midnight, it was drawing near, he felt a hand cover his mouth and heard a familiar voice whispering instructions,

Alatar recognized his old friends voice coming from a deserted inn, "so we meet again my old friend" he said to himself.

Hluor cut the rangers bonds and gave each of them a dagger; they heard raised voices, inside what used to be the "pony" and suddenly the north wall exploded outward in bluish flame and two figures could be seen striving with each others will.

Alatar felt the unadulterated evil, that had taken his friend, he was not strong enought to defeat him yet, but at least he knew his adversary's power, "now to get out of here alive" he thought to himself....
Quote:
Old 10-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #78
Acalewia

Strider

When they returned, Faramir led Acalewia back to the room they had been in before the attack.
"When will you quit disappearing like that?" Acalewia glared at him. "You could have been killed, and my sons with you!"
"I did not ask them to come! It is not your place to chastise me!"
"You cannot fight The Assasin alone."
"I can! I did! And I will again! You or your sons will not be able to stop me!"
"You will get yourself killed doing that!"
"I have the skin of a dragon, Faramir! Nothing can peirce Mithril!" Acalewia turned and left the room.
"Eruanna!" Colomir and Curamir looked at their father. They had heard the whole argument. "I do not know what has come over her." he said shaking his head.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:17 PM   #79
rohirrim TR

Even as Alatar's strength waned, he felt the grace of the valar, and flame of anor pass to him tye, with a mighty blast, Morluin was hurled out of the pony through two little huts, that were behind the stable, they began to burn.

"Come! don't just stand there gawking, he will recover and when he does we need to be far away from here" Alatar said gruffly to the staring rangers.
Curamir was restless, much had happened but he had seen little action himself, that night he made up his mind, to set out alone, for minas tirith....
Quote:
Old 10-26-2005, 12:30 AM   #80
Curubethion

Strider

As Faramir stood, he saw a battle in his mind. Huge armies of men fought hordes of orcs...Haradrim and Mumakil covered the battlefield. From the river came another army, Dunedain and three warriors...

The Battle of Pelennor, he thought. Fought, while I lay dying...

He saw one dunedain in the fight. He seemed to grasp a stone in his hand...a cold, grey stone. Suddenly, a spear took him in the throat. Haradrim swarmed over his body. The stone was nowhere to be seen.

What is this vision? the ranger wondered.
Closed Thread