Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-27-2002, 01:19 PM   #61
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

The new traveler sat down in a seat nearest to the fire next to the first hobbit. I brought him some ale and water for his pet wolf and watched tensley as the the first hobbit asked of his name or title. at first he did not answer which made the hobbit angry and knock the table over in rage.
Argh! Why now?

I hurrid over and uprighted the table but had to back of as soon as the hobbit raised herself up and took out her knife threateningly.
To my great releif Asaar came out and stoped the two from their quarrel(sp). I sighed.
"I will try to keep the fire going to warm up the whole parlour so it should be warm in other spots other then right next to the fire."
I told the shivering hobbit. I showed him a a seat next to the desk and thanked Asaar.
"What is a rager hobbit doing here?" I asked the female hobbit.

"I mean if its not to much of a personal question."

I glanced over at the other hobbit who watched us for a second at this question then turnend quickly back to his ale.
My grayhound approached the fire and settled down next to my feet yawning and ingnoring the wolf.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:25 PM   #62
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

"First of all I am not a Ranger YET. Second of all I am on my way to go to my trainer The King Aragorn, Lord of Gondor. And Thirdly I will gladly pay for the damages if you have an exter room for me and my wolf.This storm will not let up till tomorrow and it might snow between now and then. Seeing as I am not a Ranger yet and Swift is not ready to brave the snowstorm that will come if it comes at all I must stay here for the night," I told him, getting myself another mug of ale before he could stop me.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 01:53 PM   #63
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: I am girl a hobbit in my tweenies adrain.

ic: The hobbit explained to me of her journey and I agreed to let her stay the night only because I was a softy and already annoyed.
"Fine you can stay and pay off for the damage." I told her with a sharp glance at the snikkering hobbit in the corner.
"And you can stay as well." I yold him.
Asaar a young human boy my father had taken a liking to had come to us from a village of bree. He was as I was told a prankster and was brpught by my father to the Shire to stay with us and work at the hotel. He and I became good friends over the past two months and worked together at protecting each other like brother and sister. He thyough younger then myself was still able to help me pull of prans on the Sackvills when we thought they were not being good. "Ehich was almost always ever since the Baggins left and gave their home to Sam wise Gamgee.
Adrian as the hobbit called herself helped me straiten(sp) the tables and clean the broken mug bits off the floor then I tended to the fire and watched as Asaar left to the kitchen to clean the new dishes from the two hobbits.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:25 PM   #64
Adrian Baggins

ooc:sorry I got confused. Fred is playing a girl Belladonna but I guess she can have a brother

ic: I went to my room with Swift and took out a change of clothes. I had only been gone from Bag End for a few minutes to an hour but I still wanted something more comfortable so I changed from my traveling clothes into some of Frodo's hand-me-downs. "Much better." I said and went back down stairs.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 12-27-2002, 02:48 PM   #65
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Bellaonda Does NOT, I repeat NOT have a bro! She was an only child, and her mum died right after she was born. On a different subject, I don't think I CAN be in this RPG. Sowwy, see ya in the others!
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:51 PM   #66
Adrian Baggins

ooc:sorry Fred it was just a thought and if you don't want to be in this rpg then we will make up names for the girl hobbit(not me the other one Fred the hobbit in this story that acted smug's sis.), okay with you Sicirus?

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 12-27-2002, 03:05 PM   #67
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ooc: I am going to assume that me and Bushbark are still in the EntHouse.

ic:
I walked out of the EntHouse towards my own dwelling place. I walked for a long time. Soon the sun began to set. I found a comf9ortable place and slumped over. All that any unsuspecting traveller would have seen was a strange Rock-Formation on the ground.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 04:47 PM   #68
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Imarwyn noticed how the man avoided her question but she decided not to pursue it. In due time she would find out what she wanted to know.

"I train horses." she said. "I came to Enedwaith looking for a place to work."
Old 12-27-2002, 09:31 PM   #69
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Strider A challenge

"The people of Rohan have always been friends of our country," the man said. "And their warriors treasure their horses above virtually anything. You must be highly skilled."

"I do my best."

"That is not the point." He laid the scroll down on the desk and stood up. "But there is an easy way to ascertain the truth of what you say. Follow me."

He walked past Imarwyn and led her out of the tent. They passed a couple campfires surrounded by men, and approached the horses she had seen earlier. He walked past them though, however, until he reached the end of the line. There, another horse was tied. It was coal black, and still wore a torn bridle about its neck. Its eyes flicked toward them as they approached, and it appraised them distrustfully.

"We come fresh from the borders of Dunland," the man said, "where we fought the wildmen of that country. Few of their ordinary fighters ride horses, but many of their leaders do. The rider of this horse was killed, and the beast has allowed no other to touch him since we took it from the battlefield.

"If you are a horse trainer of Rohan, then perhaps you can change this? He nearly broke the leg of one of my soldiers," he said, looking into her eyes. "I wish you luck with him."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 11:04 PM   #70
Adrian Baggins

When I got down stairs the bar tender introduced herself as Gil(right name right?). I sat back down and Swift got up and sat beside me laying his head down on my lap. "Yes Swift, I know this is not what we planned, but we didn't plan to leave during a rain storm that would possibly turn to snow. Besides I think this was ment to happen I think we need a companion who would be willing to go with me to Gondor and join me on my training. It would make it easier on me. Not being alone, not that I am alone I just want someone around the age I look to talk to. I mean talking to you is nice Swift I just want someone to talk back." The bar tender sat at the bar listening to me talk and thinking. So this girl wanted a companion. Maybe I could go with her.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 12-28-2002, 01:35 AM   #71
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Enter the Griffin!

Aralle and Rainstorm stood outside the city of Lothlorien. Rain whinnied impatiently, and tossed his head.

Aralle laughed. "Almost there, boy," she told her horse. She reached up and stroked his mane. "Almost there."

In truth, she felt nearly as impatient as the horse. It had been far too long since she had seen her friend Losillewen.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:50 AM   #72
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Imarwyn studied the black horse. It was obviously nervous, its eyes were large and flickered. "Very well, I accept your challenge." Imarwyn told the commander. The man nodded and left her with the horse. The guards however, remained but Imarwyn took no notice of them. She sat down a few feet before the horse so it could see her. It now had her undivided attention and she had his.

After a long time Imarwyn stood up slowly and approached the horse. It watched her approach but when she had come close enough to touch it and extended her hand, it reared and it hooves hit the ground with a resounding thud. Imarwyn retreated and took her place on the ground again. As morning approached she rose again and went to the horse anew, this time she made soft neighing sounds. The horse looked at her strangely and stepped back as far as its bonds would allow. Imarwyn stopped before it and slowly extended her hand to its head. It sniffed her hand uncertainly but made no attempt to bite her. As she had held her one hand in front of the horse she stepped sideways and reached with her other hand for the headgear; her hand slowly closed around it. She stepped closer to the horse and spoke to it softly.

But as she reached for the torn bridle the horse tore loose and Imarwyn stumbled back hastily to avoid being hit. One of the guards laughed but Imarwyn was pleased with her progress. "Laugh if you must but the horse trusts me now. It will not allow me to ride it yet but I can touch it now without fearing it'll kick me. So I think I've proven enough. Isn't it about time you'd inform your commander?" One of the guards left.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:48 AM   #73
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

I awaok to find a campsite gathered around me. There was a Horse tied to my nose and two people gathered around the Horse. One of them was Hruad and the other an elf.
''Excuseme, but would you mind taking that horse of my Nose?'' I asked.
Hruad and the elf jumped at the sound of my voice. The Horse in fright bolted ripping the rope. I gathered my Rocks and stood up slowly. ''Yawnnnn! Ahhh! that was a nice nap! Why are you all gathered around me like this? What are you doing?'' I asked astounded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 08:58 AM   #74
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
ooc:What about me! Where am I!!

ic:
I walked back from my early morning walk to find Boulderhead with a horse "Boulderhead, don't be mean to that horse!! You'll stand on it or something!!! Get away from it!! Hruad, why are you letting him do that!!"
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 10:09 AM   #75
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ummm... Guys... I hate to say this but I'm fairly sure Hurad is not with yall atm. He is in the castle with me (or will be once he gets out of his councel with the king).

What we need to do is before ANYONE posts again in this thread, is to go to the other thread and figure out where we all are and WHO we all are.

There has been far to much confusion.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 11:33 AM   #76
Adrian Baggins

ooc:Sicirus and I know where we are so the hobbits may continue posting.

ic: Later that night when the fire was dying low and the last embers were extinguishing I went upstairs and went to bed.

The next morning I walked down stairs with my traveling clothes back on and my pack on my back. It had indeed snowed the night before but the sun was shining on the land. I then noticed that Gil(right name right) had a pack on the floor and was sitting by the door. "Can my dog and I come with you?" she asked standing. "Yes Swift and I would enjoy the company."

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 12-28-2002, 11:44 AM   #77
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc:sorry Fred it was just a thought and if you don't want to be in this rpg then we will make up names for the girl hobbit(not me the other one Fred the hobbit in this story that acted smug's sis.), okay with you Sicirus?

ooc:I don't get what you mean by Smug's sis.
The boy who came out is a human who works at the hotel. He does not have a sister nor does the ranger hobbit. We really can't use him anyway for it would be a little hard to controle two characters. So I should say this hobbit is just passing through. But when you explain to me what you mean they I will help you with it gladley.

ic: Adrian explained to me of her mission of a ranger in training and took interest in her tale.
I always wanted to go on an adventure. I thought to myself.
I recalled all the stories my father told me about his explorations in the lands of the big folk and elves. As well as meetings with dwarves and once even a lonley ent. I always wanted to meet and elf. Adrain talked to Swift about needing a companion and my thoughts twisted back to her quest.
But if I were to go then what about mom. Dad has not come back yet and the new worker Asaar could not possibly handle all the work. Especially since most of the hobbits here are not that friendly to big folk as we are.
I did not not notice but Asaar seemed to be listening once more to the conversation in the bar.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:57 AM   #78
Adrian Baggins

ooc:Remember when I made the hobbit boy say he wanted a room for him and his SISTER the boy is smug but I like your idea better. he leaves the opposite way we do.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 12-28-2002, 01:14 PM   #79
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

A large group of people was slowly making its way out of the council chamber, talking to each other as they went. Few of them seemed happy.

"Those land barons should be happy, anyway," a man named Dolais remarked irritably.

"No, not even them," Hruad said. "The power Vahatres seems to be sucking away from the regions isn't all going to them, though it might seem to on the surface. See, just look at them, they don't seem to be too happy."

He motioned with his hand to the group of fancily dressed fat men that were standing at the other side of the council chamber, arguing amongst themselves.

"They may seem to be getting a great deal, but they're under worse pains than us. They have to have the king's representative with them whenever they make important decisions, and have to consult him before acting."

"Consult him," Dolais said pointedly. "What's so wrong about that?"

"Perhaps you didn't notice," Hruad said, "but there was a strong emphasis upon their accepting his advice. There was also an implied threat there. Remember he said 'these new developments could help shape the course of our future. New times are coming and the old ways must be abandoned. And woe to those who stand in the way of progress.'

"He laughed at the end of that statement, but he was looking at the land barons as he said it, and the words hung in the air."

"You wax almost poetical," Dolais said wryly.

"I'm a representative," Hruad told him. "I have had time to wax eloquent, if that's what you mean."

Dolais laughed. "Well, you might be right. I'll have to definitely keep a closer eye on the king after this. It appears this is only the beginning of these 'new times,' and he has other changes in mind. Besides the stripping of all power from the people that he is doing now."

"We'd best inform our separate region comittees," Hruad said. "I'll be seeing you later."

"Luckily, it'll be another two weeks before the next Prime Council," Dolais remarked. "Talk to you more later."

He turned and headed off down the hall. Hruad opened the door to the king's parlor and started down it, on the way to his own quarters. He had just walked past an old woman, when he froze in his tracks, remembering her face.

He turned around. "I'm so sorry, I'd almost forgotten about you. Tough meeting. What were we talking about?"

"An orc scout at the Barrow Downs," she said.

"Ah yes," Hruad said, slowly remembering. "Come right this way please."

He led her across the parlor to his own quarters. Once they entered the room, he motioned her to a sofa across a table from a chair, and then he sat down upon the chair.

Hruad spoke first. "I wanted to ask you questions on things that weren't completely plain to me. Did you kill that orc yourself? And do you know anything else about the Red Flame?"

"Have you brought me here only to answer questions?" Elise asked quietly.

"I can tell you what we know about the Red Flame," Hruad told her. "Plainly this event was important to you, and do I guess rightly that you plan to follow through with some other investigation plan?"

She gave him an enigmatical smile.

"Well, you answer my questions, and I'll talk to you about what I know," Hruad said, settling back to listen.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:08 PM   #80
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The man she'd spoken with before, the guards' leader, was watching with an approving eye as Imarwyn calmed the horse again, and stroked its head lightly.

"Quick work for one night," he remarked.

She looked him in the eye. "So you believe me?"

"Certainly."

"So you'll let me go?"

"If you want to be released, yes," he said as he handed her her two long knives. "But it could be that you've already found your first assignment. I'll be willing to pay you to complete the training of Ruafus. He has the makings of a fine war horse, and I hate to see such potential wasted. It has been wasted far too long with the Dunlanders."