Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2002, 07:49 AM   #61
Littledude87
Hobbit

Gimli

OOC: Sorry ive been under a lot of pressure with stuff lately, but I will try to keep posting

Christon woke, and looked around. It seemed he was in the forest he passed on the way to Bree. If this was correct, Rivendell was to the east, Right where the battl sounds were coming from. Christon snuck twords the noise, trying to figure out how he would get in, and if they would take him.
Littledude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 10:56 AM   #62
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"Is there any knowledge of who the leader of these orcs is, or who he is, for that matter?" Theneal asked the eagle.

"None," it squawked. "Whoever it is is content simply to throw his armies against the world, but apparently he is well hidden."

"Then we must be extra wary," Theneal said thoughtfully. Suddenly he seemed to notice Texol. "Forgive me, I am terribly impolite this morning. My name is Theneal Mavarn, and I am an elven warrior of this company." He smiled slightly. "Perhaps I spoke out of turn, but I am curious as to the nature of this evil."

Several days past quietly before the ships landed, and when they did, Theneal chose chose with the group led by Elrond.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 11:55 AM   #63
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

A search in the forest...

The group of 50 elves were now spread around the nearby woods of Hobbiton. Arat-Falathion, Cúrion and Undulë were sticking together and searched the forest in the south of Hobbiton.
"We should go back to Hobbiton and follow the footprints of the orcs." Undulë said as he was getting tired of this search. "After what they did to those poore hobbits, they deserve to be slayed by my swords." "That is true indeed, Undulë, but we are here to find possible remaining hobbits, not orcs." Arat-Cúrion was searching the bushes and the trees carefully as he replyed flatly to Undulë.
Suddenly an elvish voice riced above all the others. "A lastanya Eldar, utúvienyes! (Hear me elves, I have found it!) The footprints of hobbits!" The three elves ran towards the area they had heard the voice. An elf sat bent over with the back to Falathion, Cúrion and Undulë as they aproached. He had shoulderlength blond hair and over his shoulder a thin golden chain holding a silver trumpet were resting. They knew this elf, this was Theneal...
----

- Arat- Falathion
Old 02-17-2002, 12:18 PM   #64
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
One’s destiny is another’s downfall
Cut one string in a weaving and the whole thing will come undone
Run from one evil, and you will meet another on your journey

Oleander raised her head slowly from hard wood planks, reaching out an arm to steady herself from the dizziness that threatened to overcome her again. A pounding headache shot waves of pain through her consciousness, and she wasn’t sure that she’d be able to stand up. As she struggled to regain control of her mind and body, memory flooded back like a slap in the face, bringing with it numerous stinging questions.

What in all of Middle-earth was that shadow? And what did it want with her? And anyways . . . where was she?

Looking around, she saw that she was in a wooden cart, being pulled along by a group of Orcs, each of which were wearing identical nasty grins to see her awake. “Heh, the little flower isn’t so happy now, is she?” one snarled at her. Oleander said nothing, but she wondered how it knew her. Oleander . . . flower . . . she didn’t know who could have told an Orc of her existence, let alone her name.

She glanced up, scanning the scenery around, trying to find out where she was. Off to her left she could see the snow-capped peaks of the Hithaeglir, and to her right the line of treeless space that had to be the River Anduin, and then even further beyond that an ominous- seeming cloud of black smoke hanging in the air, a result of something being burned, she thought.. Looking behind her, she could see vaguely the huge mellyrn trees and golden mists of Lothlorien, her home.

Her ancestors had given up living in Valinor to return to Lorien, so long ago, Oleander thought. And as she thought this, an ugly vision flashed before her mind, of Lorien burning, the trees being felled. She recoiled in horror, wondering where that terrible scene had come from. I’m not prophetic! At least I hope not . . ..Oleander was scared now, though, that her family, and their other friends’ sacrifice to return to Lorien might turn out in vain.

And what about the rest of Middle-earth?! Something was different, some new evil had awakened, she was fairly sure of that. Orcs, shadows, visions . . . . She remembered what the shadow had said to her before she started running. You are an enemy of shadow and your destiny is woven against it . . . If maybe it spoke the truth . . . Oleander thought. If maybe little old me has a part to play, if there’s anything I can do to save my world, my home, I will do it.

But no sooner had a thought of escape crossed her mind when the lead Orc turned around and snarled at her. It laughed at the expression of frustration that crossed her face, then reached back, and struck her across the forehead. Oleander’s world tipped and spun, and she felt another hard blow come down upon her like the crack of a whip. Vaguely she wondered if the Orc had read her mind, and known that she was thinking of escaping, when the orc hit her a third time, and she could neither think or know anything more.

OOC: Sorry this took me so long. Any problems or mistakes I've made, feel free to correct me.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 02-17-2002 at 12:19 PM.
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 12:34 PM   #65
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content::

Laurelyn: No problems nor mistakes here It was really great told, and I always enjoy those wise poetic words in the beginning of your text

Littledude87: You are approaching rivendell now, right? that is, if I understand you correctly

Lief: great thing you find a little time to post your story in here, even when you are in such a possition as you are now!

Hantalë melonyár!

- Arat-Falathion
Old 02-17-2002, 01:10 PM   #66
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Re: Out of Content::

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
Laurelyn: No problems nor mistakes here It was really great told, and I always enjoy those wise poetic words in the beginning of your text
I'm glad they're noticed and enjoyed. I'll try and keep sticking them in there.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 10:55 AM   #67
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:

OOC:
I have now updated the map of our journey, those with questionmarks (?) behind we do not know where is right now.

http://www.geocities.com/djtrefall/map.html

I have also created a soundtrack song heavely inspired of this RPG. In the content you can read the story of the Hobbit, Numenor. Although this song is only inspired by his story, not copied. It should not be like that in this RPG...
anyways.. for those who wants the mp3-file, they have to e-mail me, or contact me on ICQ or MSN (skyb0x@hotmail.com)
I could only upload the tracked "xm" version (for those who knows that format) You should get ModPlugTracker at ( http://www.modplug.com ) to listen to this Hobbit inspired song...

http://www.modarchive.com/cgi-bin/do...i/N/numenor.xm

Enjoy!

- Arat-Falathion
Old 02-18-2002, 04:24 PM   #68
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

okay, so since no one else is posting, i guess I will.

IC:
Again, Loriel was out of arrows. The orcs were losing, but many more Elves had been lost. She had to do something. She couldn't see Mer-Aislynn and Beoren. Where were they? She took her two daggers and fulng them simultaneously. Two orcs fell. She took their quivers and returned to arching, bringing down as many as she could with their own weapons. The battle went on for hours and before long the city was once again fighting the blazing darts of the orcs. Not only that, but the forst was ablaze as well. Loriel's stomach turned. She felt she wasn't going to get out of this one alive. She had to go find Elrond. She had to leave the battle. She turned to an ELf nearby. "You," she said. "Are you a swift runner?"
"Indeed," he replied.
"I am Loriel. You must trust me. Please follow."
"I am Quetal."
Loriel turned and ran out of the city, Quetal following closely. They ran and ran toward the East. Loriel hoped beyond everything that they would reach ELrond in time.

OOC: Where exactly is Elrond. I can't find him on the map.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 04:42 PM   #69
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:

OOC:
Elrond is on the map, he is only so darn hard to see :P
If you see the path of Arat-Falathion (wich followed Elrond to The Shire) you should see that the road from the Shire and a little up past Bree is brown. He might be a little further on the way now then he is on this map though, that's a maybe...

- Arat-Falathion
Old 02-18-2002, 06:54 PM   #70
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Strider Hunting the little folk

Theneal advanced at a quick run, the others close behind him. The others were close behind, and moving as quietly as possible to avoid startling the hobbits. Hobbits had good hearing, if not as good as that of elves, but they could move so stealthily that not even an elf would know they were there before they had popped up next to you. Unless you spotted them visually first, of course. The one great and useful talent hobbits had had was their stealthy movement, and that was by far the only thing about them that Theneal envied. He personally didn't care much for hobbits, although of course he was never rude around them. He didn't mind helping hunt them down now either, if it would help his comrades.

Elves could run at tremendous speeds for days without rest, and this trail was not old. "We'll have reached them shortly," he told the others.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 03:15 PM   #71
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

ooc: thanks Arat-Falathion. I see him now.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 02-19-2002, 11:33 PM   #72
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Meanwhile, at the Battle Of Rivendell...

The numbers of the Orcs had dropped from seemingly infinant to slackening. The elven casualties were much more numerous. Drelin stood on the battlements, fighting for his home. He shot wildly but accuratly. His kill count had passed 100 as had most of the elves. An elf next to him fell from an arrow in his head. Another one dropped on his other side, clutching his stomach in pain and pulling an arrow from it. The orcs were attempting again to set the gates of Rivendell ablaze. Most of the elven archers were over near them, trying to put out the fire. What was left of the archers protecting Rivendell could barely dodge the numerous arrows and fire back.

"Get that fire out at the gates! Keep the pressure on the orcs! We will not go without a fight!!"

Drelin took out his war horn and blew hard on it. The sound was deafening. He blew again and again, hoping Elrond or another band of elves, dwarves, men, or even hobbits could come. The horn also planted new hope in the hearts of the Rivendell elves.

OOC: Tell me if I did anything wrong.

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:16 AM   #73
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

...the battle of Rivendell:

"...did you hear that, Texol?" an elf close to him said. "I hear the blow of a horn in great danger!" Texol stopped and listened. They had just passed the Last Bridge three hours ago and had the Trollshaws to their left now, as they had had for the last two hours.
The mind of Texols face changed dramatically as he noticed the sound. "This is the sound of a war horn! It's only used under extreem circumstances; the attack on Rivendell must truly be enormous! We do not have much time!"
The all began to run even faster then they already were running. They had to make it!

They passed the Ford bridge, they could easily hear the fearsome screams of the battle on the northeastern gates. Texol strenghtened his grip around the staff in his hands, hoping that the gates would hold till his coming...
---
At the same time as Texol and his thousand elves and the dwarfs passed the Ford Bridge, Elrond was about to enter the Last Bridge when two elves came leaping in from the northeast. (*a shortcut from Rivendell*)
---
OOC:
Aragorn: nothing wrong there, great and welcome back to the saga

Nariel Starshine: good you are just about to meet him at the Last Bridge however. (Elrond is not my character, and you could take control of him as you'd like...)

Lief Erikson: I think we should wait for Thrain of the Shire to post before we continue much longer, as it is his 3 hobbits that escaped the orcs...
---

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 02-20-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 01:08 PM   #74
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Loriel journey ended abrubptly when she reached the Last Bridge. There was Elrond, having just crossed it. It seemed a little coincidental for her, but she would gladly take the extra time she had not expected. She nearly ran into Elrond, having not been able to stop fast enough. Quetal ran into her from behind.

"What is the meaning of this?" Elrond demanded.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 02-23-2002, 02:00 PM   #75
Thrain of the Shire
Hobbit

the hobbit is back!

"can't we stop?" magnanamous tugged on Numenor's arm..
"they stopped following us ages ago!"

Numenor finally stopped running and looked about him as if seeing for the first time. He glanced at Rosalina and felt a pang of shame as he saw her gasping for breath.

"yes, I suppose we can, but just for a while. Even though we seem to have lost them, I would rather be much further from them than we are right now"

He sank to the ground, leaning against the smooth bark of a tree. Above him the branches moved gently, dappling the sunlight that fell so incongrously onto the soft grassy floor of the forest. How could the sun be shining on such a terrible day? And had they really been running so long?

Magnanamous and Rosalina threw themselves on the ground beside him and all was quiet for a few minutes. Slowly their breathing settled. Numenor wondered at how silent everything was.
Then Magnanamous took a deep breath and spoke:
"Numie, you never did finish telling us.....telling us everything, did you?"
Numenor sighed. The last thing he felt like doing was telling the stories now. He opened his eyes. Both his friends were looking at him. He couldn't let them continue without knowing what they were getting into.

He leant his head back against the tree and began:
"It was a long time ago. So long that I don't even know how much of this is true, but it all has to do with our ancestors -- their friends -- and this green stone."
He fingered the stone, and guessed that the others were not surprised at all.
"Do you remember Bilbo's story? and Frodo's?" he glanced at them. "And do youremember any green stones in those tales?"
Magnanamous's eyes widened.."you don't mean...."
Numenor nodded, "yes, this very stone is..."

He stopped -- cocked his head to the south -- all three of them stood up and grabbed their packs. There was no question about it, their pursuers were back on the trail.
"I wonder if others have joined them" Rosaline murmured "they sound different somehow"
Numenor swumg hos pack onto his shoulders
"whoever they are, if they are following us it can ONLY be trouble..."
Turning, they began to run again....

OCC: okay, the "new" pursuers they have heard are the elves, o they are running away from help....
still, I have no doubt that they won't be running long...if no-one else catches up with them I"ll deal with it in the next post...

Enjoying the stories!!!!
Thrain of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 03:07 PM   #76
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

"My lord," Loriel began. "I have been sent to tell you of the events unfolding in Rivendell."

"But you are not of Rivendell." replied Elrond.

"No, sir. I am of Mirkwood. But it has been set ablaze and I was sent to tell you of this. Orcs followed me and are now attacking Rivendell, which is also failing under the assault."

OOC: I would prefer it if someone else handled Elrond's character, but I will do it if I have to.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 02-26-2002, 10:03 AM   #77
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:

OOC:
Sorry for not being active the last few days, I have vacation now and was on the mountains skiing, I'm going back there tomorrow most likely, so I hope I will have time today (I must formate my computer first... it's crashing every third minute )

Nariel Starshine: I will take the role of Elrond in this part if that is your wish..

Thrain of the Shire: You are running away from the help!! jaja, Elves are faster then Hobbits... so I guess we might catch up with you, or maybe something else comes between us... likely not, but I'm not sure yet...
This amulet of yours is quite interesting... we should have a further pm discussion on this amulets role, but I don't think it's role in the saga is relevant as of yet.. so... soon maybe

I'll be back as soon as possible!

- Arat-Falathion
Old 02-26-2002, 05:50 PM   #78
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Elrond and Loriel...

Elrond sighted and you could see his eyes harden. "You bring sorrow to my heart and I feel an anger rising in my vains, as I feel you do as well. If you talk the throught, and why shouldn't you; then we have no time to loose!" He turned around and talked to all who were following him. "Leave the wagons behind, we must travel light and run fast! Rivendell is under attack by great evil!" He turned back to Loriel. "Will you lead the way?!"
-----
Texol and his followers entered the gates of rivendell on the west side and ran through the whole city to get there as fast as possible. They could see the fire rising in front of them at the gates and the shouting and screaming of fighting elves and orcs.
The war horn was still loud and clear, screaming for help; and as Texol finaly approached the northeastern wall, he could see the elf blowing in the horn and shooting with his bow at the same time, dodging the numerous arrows that were constantly wisseling above the walls. Some elves fell now and then, but most of them managed to dodge whatever came towards them.

The followers of Texol had already began to fire their bows and swinging their swords upon those orcs that had managed to get over the gate. Many of the archers also ran up on the battlements to help where help was needed the most; and it was in this very moment that Texol rised his staff to the sky and yelled: "A lastá quettanya, ingolmo né i süré! Antanin i valaturanlya vilya!" (*Hear my word, lord of the wind! Give me the power to control your air.*) The voice of Texol had suddenly formed into a powerful, fearsome tone. the last word (*Vilya*) echoed in the ground and in the air, as if it were a hidden source of power that spoke it back. Suddenly the air around the green stone at the top of Texols staff began to get into motion and accellerated into great speed. The air began to increase up into the sky and Texol began to walk in this very moment up on the defensive walls. A greenish light were surrounding him and his staff; and the air, spinning like a tornado, from his staff was magicly green as well. For a second all the shouting and screaming stoped. The orcs were standing still beneath the wall, looking up at the great Istar surrounded in green magic. "Imar, lië né lúmë! Rucin i valané i Valar!" (*Die, people of darkness! Fear the power of the gods!*) Texols voice again had the tone of power that spredd fear among the orcs, and in this very second a green-white light exploded from the staff, causing blindness for everyone nearby for several seconds. A powerfull sound and a shaking in the ground followed; and as the elven eyes came back to reality, a great tornado were working its magic outside the walls to the happy song of screaming orcs that were getting tossed up into the sky, for (after some time) to come down again and splatting against the walls, rocks, grass or whatever being beneath them as they returned from the sky in great speed. The elves (and the few dwarfs) were laughing none stop of this happening that seemed rather comic to them, as orcs screaming like scared women (*or whatever*) were raining from the sky...
----
Arat-Falathion, Cúrion, Undulë, Theneal and some other elves were constantly running after the footprints in high speed. As none of the three first-mentioned elves had much experience following tracks (only Falathion had a little training in this, as he used to hunt with his mothers bow in the forests of Valinor), Theneal were the leading runner. He had informed that there were more then one hobbit; three hobbits shouldn't be too far from the trought. They had to stop now and then, so they could recover the hobbits footprints, cause hobbits were light at foot, and their prints were hard to follow.
As the elves stoped once again to recover the track Cúrion said: "I thought you said we should reach the hobbits in a short time Theneal, but now we've been running for more then what is called short time where I come from." Theneal looked up from his searching on the ground as an other elf replied. "The hobbits know we are following them, they just don't know that we are their friends; therefore they run as fast as they can and as light as they can, so they will be hard to follow. It's surprising that Theneal can even find their footprints in these woods." Falathion stepped forward in this moment and replied. "Then why don't we sing and tell them that we will do them no harm?" ...
---
OOC:
I am not sure if Texols tornado killed all the orcs as they were constantly comming out from the forest, but most of them I guess. Maybe some other creatures are there as well? I don't know...
Hope this will keep you guys bussy till I come back again from the mountains of Norway, pray for me not to fall to hard down the slopes of madness!

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 02-26-2002 at 06:59 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 07:45 PM   #79
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Loriel nodded. "I will lead the way. But--" she stopped short and cocked her head as if listening to something. All the elves also listened intently. They heard, far off, a cry, but ht voice was unfamiliar. Loriel looked at Elrond. "I sense the battle is waning. An unforseen ally has come to our aid. Nevertheless, I believe we should make haste to arrive at Rivendell."

With that, and without waiting for a reply, Loriel turned and ran back toward the city, all others in pursuit.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 02-26-2002, 11:18 PM   #80
Michelle The Fair
Enting

..........battle of Rivendell.........

During the whole of the battle, Mer-Aislynn had positioned herself in front the gates. She had brought down a large number of Uruk-Hai. Soon the ground was littered with the bodies and blood of the Uruk-Hai.
Mer-Aislynn had lost sight of Loriel soon after they arrived back at the gates. Boeren was fighting hand to hand with and orc 20 feet away. Mer-Aislynn notched an arrow in her bow and fired. It hit the orc dead center in the middle of his forehead just he through Beoren to the ground. Beoren jerked his hed around in the dirction the arrow came from, but had no time to give thanks. Soon many more orcs were closing in on him.

As Mer-Aislynn ran to his aide, she heard the sound of Rivendell's great horn.The sound was deafening. She looked to the wall and saw Drelin. "I thought he was dead",she said to her self. The sound of that horn filled her with a great hope. "Maybe help will come soon."

She countinued to fight her way to Beoren's side, bringing down many more orcs. Just has she his side, A large number of elves ran up from the western side of Rivendell. They were acompanyed by a wizard who raised his staff high to the sky and yelled: "A lastá quettanya, ingolmo né i süré! Antanin i valaturanlya vilya!" (*Hear my word, lord of the wind! Give me the power to control your air.* his voice echoed in air. Suddenly the air around the green stone at the top of his staff began move at great speed. The wizard moved to the walls surrounded by a green light. For a second the shouting and screaming stopped.The orcs looked up in great fear of this great magic."Imar, lië né lúmë! Rucin i valané i Valar!" (Die,people of darkness! Fear the power of the gods!) A green-white light exploded from the staff, causing blindness for everyone nearby for moment.
a great tornado were working its magic outside the walls to the sound of screaming orcs that were getting tossed up into the sky, to land splat againist the walls, rocks, and trees.

Mer-Aislynn stared in stunned amazment. "Thank all the stars we are saved."

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote