Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #61
azalea
Long lost mooter

(Last OT post for this mod. Well, in this thread, anyway.)
Yes, that's the movie. And I know you probably didn't mean disco in the way it is seen here (I think you meant disco as in nightclub rather than a style of music), but it sounds so out of place to me on that soundtrack because it is so far removed from disco; it's really '80s pop/ rock, and by that time disco was waaayy over.
Okay, back in topic -- tastes great...errr...LotR!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #62
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
No you make a very good point there. The sign of a good actor is someone who can fool you into despising them as a person because of the character they portray on screen. But the problem was this was supposed to be DARTH VADER as a 17 year old. DARTH VADER! And he came accross as some angst ridden teenie bopper and a lot of people over the age of say 20 had an issue with this. They felt he should have been more brooding and intelligent and leader like. Not this angry child always complaining about not getting his way. I mean theyve got a LOT of work to do to get him to the point where he is the terrifying overlord personality we see in the first three star wars movies. And this may be Lucas's fault more then anyone elses. Christensen (and Portman)were basically cast as kind of a Titanic in space and meant to appeal to the 11-18 crowd. And they could have done a lot more with his character. they should have done a lot more. But I wont say he is a bad acter Ill just say he was used improperly.
Okay, yeah, maybe you're right. I was always wondering how George Lucas will transform this sweet Anakin into the evil Darth Vader. I wrote a summary about Episode III for a
to win something and then I realized how difficult it will be to make that transformation realistic.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #63
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Yes, that's the movie. And I know you probably didn't mean disco in the way it is seen here (I think you meant disco as in nightclub rather than a style of music), but it sounds so out of place to me on that soundtrack because it is so far removed from disco; it's really '80s pop/ rock, and by that time disco was waaayy over.
yeah, I talked about a nightclub. Sometimes I'm not quite sure which word I should use.
And sorry for talking about off-topic things, but the discussion was just so interesting, we had to keep it up.
I beg your pardon, Azalea.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:25 PM   #64
azalea
Long lost mooter

No problem, I've been known to go off topic myself once or twice.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 06:59 AM   #65
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

good, now I can sleep well again. *gg*