Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2003, 09:19 PM   #61
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Maggie: Grrr... Fine then! Be that way!

*Stomps off to her room and pouts for a while*

Maggie: Fine... she won't accept the challenge that's just FINE with me but then I refuse to answer her riddles. They probably weren't even very good riddles in the first place and that's why she's refusing because SHE KNOWS THAT SHE'LL NEVER COME UP WITH A SET OF RIDDLES THAT CAN STUMP ME AND SHE KNOWS THAT'D I'D WIN THE CHALLENGE EASILY!

*stops abruptly and stands fuming in the center of the room*

Maggie: KATT!

Katt: *tiredly* What?

Maggie: Go back to Eliza, tell her that until the stakes are raised in a way that I find satisfactory I will never accept her challenge of the riddles.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:01 PM   #62
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

Human: *wandering around in her winter wonder land, trying to figure out how to stop the elves from disappearing* Stupid Maggie, stupid elves disappearing, stupid stupid...

Child: *poking head in* The count's down to 150 elves, ma'am.

Human: By Lucifer's Beard!

Child: Come again?

Human: Never mind. Just...go and keep an eye on them would you??

Child: yes, ma'am! *skips away tittering*

Human: How are they escaping?? HOW?!! *sob*

*Just then Katt bursts flushed and panting*

Human: Gah! What do you want?!

Katt: Message...from...Maggie...very urgent...whew...whew...

Human: Well?

Katt: he...huh?

Human: What is it? I haven't got all day.

Katt: *Shaking with rage and bellowing at the top of her voice*Well if you would just give me a minute I'd tell you! Dragging my arse all up and down Valinor, climbing over mountains and almost getting eaten by Laylah, delevering messages that make no sense, blowing up and poppping back and is any body the least bit greatful? HUH?! Not bloody likely!

*pause*

Human: Are you quite finished?

*pause*

Katt: *Tiredly* Yeah, I suppose. Anyway, she says that that until the stakes are raised in a way that she find satisfactory she will never accept your challenge of the riddles. And she also says that your riddles suck.

Human: *Indignant* What? They are not! *thinks* Well...maybe alittle. But that's not that's point!

Katt: And the point is...?

Human: The point is...the point is...the point is...THERE IS NO-wait! No no! There is a point! The point is...that um...YOU!

Katt: *squeaks* me?

Human: Yes. You must go to Maggie and ask her what else she wants, and what ever she asks for she'll probably get because yes, my riddles suck.

Katt: oh. Right now?

Human: Of course. I expect a prompt relpy, too. Chop chop!

Katt: Could I stay alittle longer, and have some Coco?

Human: *Waves penguin at her a slightly threatening and demented manner.*

Katt: Oh, fine, be that way.

*Once out side in the cold and snow*

Katt: Stupid Human, stupid penguins, stupid stupid...
Human#3.141592653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:03 AM   #63
Sanity's Demise
Elven Warrior

Insane: *steps out from behind barrack* You are pathetic!

Human: AH!

Insane: Oh shut up! Any way, ole partner of mine, I have a way to keep the elves at your little camps and keep maggie at bay!

Human: Oh? well, tell me then! *they lean over and whisper and Human makes excited noises*

Insane: Right then. just do what i told you and all will be well.

*walks off to find Laylah*

Insane: *walking with her* did you nearly eat Katt?

Laylah: No. Kill would be the right word.

Insane: And may i ask why?

Laylah: I dont like competion!

Insane: thats my girl!

"Think of Zombies. They're like Energizer Bunnies from hell! They don’t give up, they just keep going!"
-Casey on one of his favorite topics.
Sanity's Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:15 PM   #64
goldiegollum
Enting

*besides the fact that she herself had taken forever to reply, GG became impatient waiting for the answer to her question, and impatience turnedf to distraction, adn so on until she slipped away up the nearest tree, and decided to begin her work*

GG*adressing the supposed legion of penguins*: Now i run things a little different from human so i have some new rules to-

*she is bambarded by a chorous of protesting cries of 'mier' and a couple of penguins go so far as to explode on the spot*

GG: NOW IT WON"T DO TO HAVE YOU SELF DESTRUCTING ALL OVER THE PLACE BECAUSE... well... it is only a...er...legion after all and you could run out. Fine, I won't call them rules... I'll call them techniques. Now, THis is a tree, and what you do with a tree is...well, i'll show you *she climbs it*

PENGUINS: *exchange confuzzled glances*

GG: It's just like swimming...only...not. C'mon! other birds live in trees! you can too!

*and so she began trying to create what she hoped would become the terrible and most wonderful legion of the tree-penguins. Unfortunatly, success seemed far off, as penguins were probably one of the worst-equipg animals for tree-climbing*

But WHY...

I am the holder of the squeaky.
*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka*
goldiegollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 06:08 PM   #65
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katt: *Going back to Maggie's Fortress* STUPID STUPID! No omnipotince my butt! I've got to climb over all these mountains while my minions are nice and warm drinking cocoa, my Mistress is being stubborn, her enemy is being whiney, and I got compitition for my love. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

OOC: More to come in *checks clock* One hour and a half. Counting...

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 03:17 AM   #66
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Maggie: I told her what I want. If I get past the riddles than she nullifies the rule about the Time/space continuum if she stumps me then either I stop nitpicking and making loopholes with spelling mistakes or something else that she comes up with. And I want three midnights per riddle. Either she agrees or I continue to steal elves out from under her nose.

Katt: Sooo... I take it you want me to deliver this message to her AGAIN.

Maggie: This is the last time, I promise.

Katt: Fine.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-16-2003, 04:20 AM   #67
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

*And Katt went off AGAIN tromping through the wilderness to the north. And she came apon something very interesting.*

GG: No, don't slide back down! Oh, no...

Katt: Um, excuse me, miss? Just why exactly are you mistreating these penguins.

GG: I am not mistreating them! They're my army. We're training.

Katt: Ah. So you would be another adversery in the war.

GG: Yeah. *Sit's down* But it's not going too well.

Katt: *Sit's next to GG* I know. What can you do?

GG: I mean even the sloths are goin better'n me.

Katt: I haven't even got my army anymore. My minions have been contracted out under my very nose.

GG: I mean penguins! Honestly! How does Human work with them? Even the word is spelled weird!

Katt: You know what *leans over and whispers* I gotta mind to break some rules.

GG: *whispering* No, like what?

Katt: No omnipotence my arse. They got me runnin' back n' forth between their forts so much I don't wonder that I've gained some potence. You'd have to, to get there and back as fast as I've have.

GG: So have you broken the rules already?

Katt: Nah. It was under their orders, and they's the ones that made the rules. Did you know, I weren't allowed to help? They sent me away when they was makin' tha rules.

GG: Well, whatcha gonna do? I mean, come on. You're already excluded from so many rules.

Katt: I'll tell ya what I wanna do. I just want to put Maggie and Human in the same room so I don't have to run their messages back and forth.

GG: Right. Hey, you still have the One Phone, right?

Katt: 'Course. Always got meh phone.

GG: Well, couldn't you like, spawn it, and make two phones, and give one to Human and one to Maggie?

Katt: Well I never! That's brilliant that is!

GG: Well you're welcome.

Katt: Yeah! Thanks! *whips head around* Blimey! I gotta hurry with this message! Thanks though! Good luck with your penguins!

*Katt jumped off and ran up the road into the distance. Goldie stood up and brushed herself off.*

GG: *yelling* A'ight lads! Lets try it again.

Penguin: *sighs* Meir.

Old 11-18-2003, 08:57 PM   #68
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
*Suddenly a sloth is seen climbing through the trees toward GG with a paper in it's mouth. Fortunatly for her it was Smart Sloth*

Smart Sloth: MY misstress regrets the fact that she never got back to you and has sent this paper with directions on how to get to her castle and she has also sent a troop of sloths to help instruct your penguins in the fine art of climbing if you choose to accept you should go to her castle where you will be meet by Lewis. Then yo umust leave your penguin army in the care of me for there teaching. Understood?

OOC:I've been busy don't get mad at me for not being able to get on.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:50 AM   #69
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

Meh! Riddles! Meh heheh!

Comienza con cuatro, si usted corta uno de la caÃ*da 3 abajo y permanecen 5. ¿Cuál es él?

You have three midnights to reply!

Wha ha ha ha he he he heh heh heh heeehh.....
Old 11-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #70
goldiegollum
Enting

OOC: Mad? i rarley get mad at living things, usually i get mad at like...homework, or time for example. Anyhow, i understand not having time...i hardly have time to post either.

GG: *recieving message* YES! Salvation! My penguins will be trained! ANd then... *smiles odly* oh, then...*smiles odly some more. it might have been an atempt at an evil smile, but it looks more impish and insane and fiendish than anything else* I will have the first ever army of tree cimbing penguins! an army that can travel both land and sea! An army that will-

*the nearest penguin explodes with the intensity of he speech*

GG: -we'll have to work on that. Now... let's see about these directions...*studies map*...erm...Ok...THAT WAY *charges off to the castle with the penguin army in her wake*

But WHY...

Last edited by goldiegollum : 11-21-2003 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:28 PM   #71
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Maggie: *reads human's riddle and sighs with annoyance* Spanish. She HAD to choose the riddles in spanish. Very well then.

*She pulls out her spanish dictionary and sets to work translating the riddle, after a few minutes work the riddle is in english and now reads:*

Riddle: Start with four, if you cut 1 of the fallen three down and 5 remain, which is he?

Maggie: What the-? *stares at the riddle* This makes no sense... yet. But really, are they talking about a person? Or is it a metaphor for an object? Or is it a number? Maybe my translation is faulty...

*she drifts off to ponder the riddle*

OOC: By the way, Eliza, are the answers to these riddles in spanish as well? And if so, how will you know if I've gotten the answer or not?

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-22-2003, 05:02 PM   #72
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Katt: *wearily from a corner* Excuse me, miss? I highly doubt that your translation is faulty. I belive the fault lies with Human herself. The riddle, if it had been correctly translated in the first place, should read in the common tounge: "It begins with four. If you cut one down, down fall three, and five are left. What is this?" In spanish it should read: "Comienza con cuatro. Si usted cortó uno abajo, abajo caÃ*da tres, y se dejan cinco. ¿Qué es esto?"

*Katt sits back down in her corner with a book of Russian Science Fiction*

Katt: Las cosas que hago para ella.

Old 11-22-2003, 08:53 PM   #73
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

what you did better.

no sabes.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:08 PM   #74
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Maggie: So... you try to trick me by giving me an ungrammatical riddle? Very well.

*she Grins and scribbles something in the purple notebook of Doom with the one clicky pen and Human finds herself suddenly in the Room. Suddenly the music stops and Maggie's voice can be heard from the ceiling.*

Maggie: *through the god mic* Human! Your riddle annoys me. It annoys me too much. You will be kept in the room until you have a better riddle, one that you made up on your own, IN ENGLISH! And just to make it completely clear that I'm serious about this...

*The Room jerks and starts to spin and as it spins faster and faster the Tra-la-la-lally song comes back, at ten times the volume, the maddingly high pitched voices singing cheerily as the Room spun and with Maggie's laugh in the background.*

OOC: Good enough answer for you Eliza? Seriously though, make up your own riddles, and keep them in english.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-23-2003, 10:27 PM   #75
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Katt: Really Madam, I must object to this treatment of your enemies.

Maggie: Quiet you! I have a good mind to throw you in there next!

Katt: But Madam, they might think you are becomming omnipotent.

Maggie: *stops and glares at Katt*

Katt: I would not wish to see M'lady find herself in a trial for rule breaking. That would be most unfortunate, Madam.

Maggie: Are you threatening me.

Katt: No. Of course not, M'lady. But if Madam wishes to continue with her current course of action I would be more than happy to represent Madam at trial.

Maggie: Oh all right.

OOC: Put her back maggie.

Last edited by Katt_knome_hobbit : 11-23-2003 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #76
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: Oh alright.

*Suddenly the Room stops spinning and freezes, in the form of a perfect cube with the Urple and eon green stripes now taking on a dinstinctly checkered pattern. The music stops and Maggie speaks through the God mic once more.*

Maggie: Fine, there's your answer.

Human: What?

Maggie: A square. It's a bloody square. I'll let you out now but from now on NO MORE SPANISH! And make up your own riddles instead of getting them from some stupid book!

Human: Oh fine.

*there is a 'pop' and human is gone from the room. In her place is Katt.*

Maggie: Sorry Katt, but you've been moving too slow on the message bearing and you refused to help me with that riddle. You are confined to the Room until further notice.

Katt: Whee! Can I use my own soundtrack? It's maddening!

Maggie:*Sigh* Fine.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 11-24-2003, 01:38 PM   #77
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Katt: In case anyone wanted to know, the riddle began on the twentieth, and Maggie answered on the twenty-fourth. The rules were broken and nobody cares, especially not me!

Human: Oh look, I already gave you a lot of leaway so we're just gonna overlook this thing. But after this moment it's gonna be STRICT!!!!!!!!!!!

Katt: You know what? That's it! I'm gonna start fighting back. Everyone underestimates me and no one takes me seriously. I WAS A QUEEN OF MIDDLE EARTH! And will be again. As soon as I can get out of this room. But this is a nice room and.....

*Maggie and Human leave Katt to her ramblings, but first turn on the spin cycle.*

Katt: Actually this room reminds me of a hotel I once stayed in. *Lightbulb* Why of course! It is that hotel! I can see it all now!

*And she did see it. And then everyone saw it. A spot on the map that suddenly grew rather large. On the top in big Neon (Heh heh hee) letters were the words SPINDLER HOTEL.*

Katt: It's time for some people to check in. *snaps fingers*

*And Maggie and Human were standing outside the hotel.*

Old 11-26-2003, 01:57 PM   #78
goldiegollum
Enting

GG *stops mid-stride* erm... what's with the hotel?

But WHY...

Old 11-26-2003, 08:54 PM   #79
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Fim: Hotels? Perhaps I should have been here for the last war, no matter. Lewsi!

Lewis: What?

FIm: You're fired! Leave. *he leaves* Marie!

Marie: Yes?

Fim: I want an elf!

Marie:Err....yes but how...

Fim: I don't care how! Just get me one no 2 no! Five! I want five.

GG: Why just five? And where are my penguins?

Fim: your penguins are in the trees as we speak. *there is a burst of flame from the nearest tree proving i was right* I want five bacasue it is a very low number and they will be forced to ignore the smaller force while battling the lager force there for allowing me to become a large force before I have to worry about them.

GG: Brilliant! But how...

Fim:I don't know ask Marie that here she comes and i see that five elves are with her. Excellent...and now on to the penguins!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 09:56 PM   #80
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

*Meanwhile Human and Maggie were staring up at the front of the hotel pondering, and puzzling.*

Maggie: This really is most inconvinient, I mean, how could she betray me? She wasn't even being tempted this time, and I was going to let her out of the room really soon...

Human: The point is she did betray you and now has control of your dugeon.

Maggie: Control of the Room? Are you crazy? Control of the Room couldn't be transferred from me if I tried!

Human: So do something to get her out of there before she wreaks havoc!

Maggie: Fine!

*whips out the purple notebook of Doom and puts the Room on ultra-spin cycle and increases the volume of the music to full blast. And that's where things started to go wrong. Katt had unfortunately put in her own soundtrack and as the Room spun faster and the music grew louder the stress of doing so stretch the Room past it's limits and with a quiet pffft sound the dreaded Room imploded and winked out taking Katt with it and leaving the hotel behind.*

- Isabella, I Gelosi