Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #61
Valya
Sapling

((Pip-pop again))

Okay, I just read the ENTIRE thread. It took me about 4 hours, but I DID IT. here's a sum of everything that's happened.
characters-
me-Eragon
Akai-Siuahn
Leggy-Raven
Fim-Terin
Earloth-Banuien (I FORGOT HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU *ahem*)

We all met in the Dragonkin valley and went after the Ra'zac. We travelled to Yazuac, Teirm (we lost Terin here, and she went to her hometown and found out her family died and caught up with us in–) Dras leona, where Terin was taken by the Ra'zac dude Jerome, who took her to Gil'lead and she was tricked by Galbatorix. She came back and told us Brom was bad, but we rebelled and the Ra'zac came and took Banuien and killed brom. Terin repented along with Jerome. Suiahn and Eragon were taken and after a while they escaped with the elf lady.
Banuien lost her memory and Galbatorix did some mind tricks on her, but she got away and is with us now, not all the way sure who she is. We ran into Murtagh at the beginning of the desert. Raven is with the Varden and is going to lead us there.

Ahem. So, I think it'd be a good idea if we skip to where we get to the Varden and that will give us a good time to pick up the thread with a bang, and introduce new characters.

Sound good? Oh, and I remembered how much I loved this thread *grins* We had some great characters going (especially Banuien. You rock, Earloth) Anywho, how does all this sound? Like to add anything?

-Pip

Quiet walker in the wake of Shadows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:20 PM   #62
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

I read the thread too! ( Not all of it though...) And I forgot just how long it had gotten. I think that that's a great place to start!
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #63
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
>> << Ack! Akai doesn't remember the swift... snowmane... name. o.o -pokes with a stick- Who is you? >.<

(Sounds like a grand idea Pip!)

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:59 PM   #64
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Okay, if everyone approves of that plan, we can talk about getting new people in. I think Val'd like to play Arya, once we get to the Varden and she's not so dead anymore. ((has everyone read the book? I think everyone has except Earloth, did you read it? If not, then Arya's the cute elf chick we picked up in Gil'lead prison)) We can also get someone to play Murtagh, or he could just be free for all. And, here's a quick descrip of the Varden, for those who haven't read the books:

The Varden are the only free people in this part of the world, they live in a mountain hidden from the Empire. They're the rebels against the Empire and Galbatorix. There's humans, and dwarves in the mountain, though each are governed by different people. I'm slightly confused about how the dragonriders are related to the Varden but they are. In our thread, I guess we could say that they are the main headquarters for the Riders, but until now there hadn't been any, and now that there are, we're gathering with the Varden to help rebel. Hmmm, I think that works. That was a crappy description though.

Anywho, that means new people can play dwarves too *pokes Gulio with a stick*

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:59 PM   #65
Valya
Sapling

Nazgul

Yes ! Iwould like to be Arya ! I read all of the book ( duh .) anyway you all have to help me out here because ive never done one of these before...
Pip said Arya is still half dead so I wont have much to do yet will I?

goodbye all. someone talk to me!!!!!!!!!! is anyone there?? Pip??? anyone??? dont leave meall alone!!!! ( sorry.. Im getting to worked up there)

Please remember that Im crazy

Quiet walker in the wake of Shadows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:34 AM   #66
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

I'm actually reading the book at the mo, but I'm only up to page, say, 179. It came out last year but I only got it recently, but I like it so far. It feels kind of weird reading it now though, cause I keep expecting Siuahn and Raven and Terin everywhere -- but oh well. Varden. Gotcha.

And also, welcome Valya! To this our thread of crazy! And all that other plot stuff...

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 02-27-2005 at 05:24 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:24 AM   #67
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Hm... I'll play Murtagh anf my char, if that's all right.
OOc: hello again everybody, have to go to bed now... see ya'll tomorrow.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #68
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

*is poked with a stick* Okay, okay, I'm here. ^^ Sorry for not joining earlier. I don't know what came over me! Pip started a thread, and I didn't join! *is mad at self* Anywho, I know this is gonna be a bit of a shocker, but I don't know who I'm gonna play. I could play a Dwarf, but there's also this one guy, from this one book, who just happens to have a dragon tagging along. Meh... Heck with it! I'ma be Zifnab!! (pronounced Zif-nab)

Name: Zifnab
Race: Human, I guess o0

Personality: He's touched. Truly touched. His dragon says that about him all the time. ^^

Description: Zifnab is the epitome of the word decrepit. His beard is white and scraggly, and his clothes are tattered. They are a muddy brown, but what the original color was is anyone's guess. He wears a pointed - well, it was once - hat that is a shambles.

Name: Well, he doesn't have one. He's just "the dragon" or "the gentleman" or "you hyperthyroid toad!!".

Description: The dragon has two forms. In his draconic form he is a large blue-green dragon. In his human form he is a stern-looking young man wearing black clothes.

History: The dragon and Zifnab have been together for quite some time, so long Zifnab has forgotten being without the dragon. However, who is the master of whom is open to question... ^^

Anywho, if these characters won't work, I'll be a Dwarf. I guess I'll have to cut out the James Bond references (a Zifnab signature), but I can leave the Gandalf stuff in. But the James Bond refrences are so much FUN!! *sigh* Oh well. ^^

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #69
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Yay Gulio!!!! What book is that from *tackleglomps* I'm so glad you've come! Okay, who wants to get started? I could blast us off with one uber-long starty posty, if no one minds. I think everyone's ready, and more people can enter if they like, though we have plenty of people.

Okay, so, I believe the plan is (well, my plan anyway, no one contradicted it) As Fim would say, *put on the Miss. Bossypants* We'll jump right to the Varden in my first post. Gulio, your character can be there already I guess. That'll be good. Maybe you can guide us about.

Val, you can start right up with Arya, we'll get her sent to some healer and you can just pop up like a daisy! All righty! Let's get it started (IN HERE). Ah, this is so exciting! INHERITANCE HAS RETURNED, BABY!

Old 03-02-2005, 02:17 AM   #70
Gulio, Strength of Many

Me char be from the Deathgate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hinkman. Lovelyishnessful stuff, that. Zifnab could just happen to be there, I guess. Dukes ate mackinaw and all that.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #71
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
~_~ *just finished reading the ENTIRE inheritance thread*

>> << Pip. I kept getting the feeling that Siuahn was diggin' on Eragon. But then again, maybe it's just 'cause I'm tired.

Dang I missed this thread... and you guys. So good to be back. *beams*

I shall post ASAP! *is all twitchy with excitement* ^___^

Earloth... you, are still, an amazing writer. I adore you. *kisses feet*

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #72
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

IT'S DYING AGAIN!!!!

UGH. Come ooooooon. We can keep this thing alive! Can't we? I mean, seriously, is it that far dead? Come on, Leggy, Gulio, Fim, Earloth...sooooomeone. Plleeeaaaase!

Wait...none of YOU have died, have you? Cause that would be a good reason not to go on...but other than that I see no point in letting our poor Inheritance thread die...again...for the third time.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:16 AM   #73
Gulio, Strength of Many

I'm not quite dead yet...

Okay, the Monty Python moment is over. For now. *insane grin*

Come on peeeeoooopppllleeesss!!! Post, I command it of thee.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #74
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Whoops! I was waiting for Akai to say something cause I had posted so much lately, I didnt want to take away the thread, but I guess you gotta do that when it's 'mostly dead (but slightly alive)' ((haha! more good movie references! The princess bride!))

I shall post. MUAHA.