Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2003, 09:32 PM   #61
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Well Sicirius. What has happened during Hytorax part 2 is quite simple: Mathron's char betrayed the company and Dagankor had them trapped. They were placed in a prison-cell in the dungeons. Glimdrell managed to pick the lock with a dagger that Assar had kept secret. Glimdrell then killed the jailor and freed the others.

From here Glimdrell, Hruad and Fimbren went to Dagankors quaters for the weapons that were taken from them, while the rest went to a basement.

Elise was the first to break from the basement and walked up to the one's in Dagankor's quaters. Dagankor seemingly found out somehow of their precense and got soldiers to flank them. As they stormed the room, Glimdrell hided, while the rest escaped into the inner room of his chamber.

At the same time Imarwyns brother was making contact with the king, pretending to be a representative of Rohan. His mission was to keep the king out of Dagankors killing touch, he almost failed.

Imarwyn found Dolais, and Glistenfae caught up with them. The broke the blocked door to Dagankors office just as the soldiers managed to crush the blocked door to the inner room (in which Elise, Hruad and Fimbren dwelled). Athalt and 5 soldiers came also around this point.

Athalt was earlier informed by Imarwyn about the situation and had gone for reinforcements.

--------------------
You might want to read the first post by Lief, and the few last posts posted in order to get the beginning and the current situation into place. I hope my little retelling of the story this far was good enough. And if it wasn't I can only say, I am drunk as hell! Swaying at the chair right now...

- Falathion
Old 06-02-2003, 05:54 AM   #62
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Oh, very confusing.
Thankyou very much mellon.
Now I need to figure out how to join in again. Thats going to be a bit hard. I shall maube sva ebthe whole thread on my pc and read andsee if that works or try again skeeze in.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:44 AM   #63
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Alright, so like things are right now, I do not feel that my character can do much. This is the hour of the magic wielders I guess... Come on! We was degraded to the second page here for our inactivity!
Old 06-07-2003, 11:16 AM   #64
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Yes, that's my fault. Er, actually, it's not exactly my fault, but I'm incapable of posting on weekdays at all, now. It's because in school, I'm doing nine subjects right now. I might end up having to skip meals to get all my school work done. I cannot write on my book or on Entmoot or do almost anything but school at the moment.

Except on weekends. Today and tomorrow I will be able to post, and I will be checking Hytorax. So we might be able to make some progress now .

Great to see you're entering the RPG again, Sicirus .

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 06-07-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 01:41 PM   #65
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Thanks. There is no way I am ever going to be able to read all the posts from the begginig. Is there a way to squeeze my hobbit in without having to retrack thorughout the rpg?
Old 06-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #66
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh, he would be down in the cellar with all those who was not participating in the recent event
Old 06-08-2003, 09:15 PM   #67
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

By now everyone in the cellar can have come out. Glistenfae already left them, anyway, so the others probably left as well. Some of them might still be involved in the adventure, while some might drop out. Brilindil might drop out, unless someone new wants to join in all of a sudden, playing a wizard.

Gil-Thalion can join back in, since you seem ready to rejoin, Sicirus .

Adrian . . . her role must be entirely decided by Adrian. It doesn't look like she is still in the game, but if she is, she'd better say so soon.

Elvishfaerie, are you still playing? It seems like you are, judging by that post you sent, sending back in your character.

I have no idea whether or not Silverstripe is still involved. If she is, I'd also like it if she said something.

Okay. Meanwhile, we have another two things that need to have some attention paid them.

First, I am severely limited in my ability to post now. It's very unlikely that I'll be able to post on more than two days in a week.

I haven't thought this at all out yet, but I am willing to yield leadership authority, or at least partial leadership authority, to another individual at this time. My schedule doesn't look as though it will relax, and it will severely limit my ability to post. Which logically will make this RPG change to snail's pace, unless we started it going in spurts, with lots of posting on the days when I'm here. That would be difficult for players who aren't able to post much on those days, though.

So I'm very willing to help show what my plot idea thus far is to another individual who might keep the RPG running at a rather swifter pace than I am right now. Does anyone like that idea, or should we throw it out?

Regardless of whether I'm still the sole leader of the RPG, from this point, Hruad will very likely not be in charge of the quest from now on, anyway.

The second thing that needs to be considered is the possibility of announcing this coming war in Hytorax to people in the RPG forum. This might attract new players, who want to be involved in a conflict with the Shadowhand forces.

Many of our characters are not warriors. Some of them are, like Athalt Cranain and this supreme elven warrior who has joined our side . However, although many of them are capable of fighting, they aren't warriors. So introducing more good or bad characters could widen the horizons of the game.

This is entirely simply an option, though. I'm opening it up for the players of the game to consider, and I won't act on any of these courses of action unless the players of the game think it's a good idea. Because although the final decision is mine, they affect the entire RPG, and you have all been deeply involved with it.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:11 AM   #68
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Lief - as it is now summer time, I essentially have massive quantities of free time connected to a high speed internet connection. Hence, I'd be glad to take over for a time, if you want to send me information.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:21 AM   #69
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

This sounds like a good idea really. We want the rpg to move on, and if you don't have the time Lief, then playing it over to Mathron would probably be a good idea. I hope you'll manage to participate in weekends though
Old 06-14-2003, 12:34 PM   #70
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Jeepers! I come back here from a week's not posting and I find only Fimbren has posted in my absence! Perhaps I won't need to offer up leadership after all . . . .

Thanks for the offer, Mathron. That would work quite well, but there is a fairly large difficulty with your leading the RPG. I suggested to you when the RPG was first getting started that you might want to have a good character as well . . . The RPG is taking place largely from the good guys' perspective. It'd be tough for you to lead when you don't have any members of the company. Unless you introduced someone good, now, which is a possibility.

The truth is, since it's no longer going to be Hruad that leads the company, it seems as if whoever does end up leading them will be the leader. Looking at the different company members, I don't know which of them would be most logical to be a leader. Except Fimbren, or possibly Elise.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the other issue I brought up? Should we ask for more people to join in the war or not?

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 06-14-2003 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #71
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

My thoughts were on Athalt really... but then, Elise or Fimbren would be well suited as well. I agree that some new and fresh characters would spice up the rpg. Sorry to say I do not have much time to play any more characters but Glimdrell.

Perhaps we should invite new players, but I don't think it is a nessesity...
Old 06-15-2003, 03:18 PM   #72
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I think inviting new players wouldn't be bad. With the war there will be a good oportunity to fit new characters in the story. But as Arat-Falathion said, it's not a necesity. We still got 7 or 8 players involved, I believe. And chances are not many new ones will join. Even when the second Hytorax RPG was opened up for new people I believe only Finrod joined. But we can always try.

For now I will definately stick to playing only Imarwyn and Tareod. Although Imarwyn isn't really a warrior I hope she can still be of use. I'd like to keep them both in the game.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:05 AM   #73
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

~nod~
I had presumed that I would be taking over as Athalt, leading the company. But whatever works best, of course.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:16 PM   #74
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Mathron: Your PM box is full

Quote:
Good good I'll be gone on vacation till 2. July... hope we'll get into the writing again at that time
Old 06-24-2003, 12:18 PM   #75
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

I cleared some space up.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:20 PM   #76
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ummm... What Frimbrin said to Elise didn't make much sense to me :-/. How would he know she had a great burden unless he had read the script!!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 03:52 AM   #77
Earniel

He's from Valinor. He can tell.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #78
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Mathron, I'm fine with you taking charge. I think I'll keep Athalt as one of my characters, for I have no one else aside from Dagankor to be, and I do want to keep a good guy. Besides, the way my plot goes from here, Athalt isn't planned to remain with the company, so he wouldn't be the best choice anyway.

I'll discuss that a bit further with you in response to your PM- I've got a few interesting ideas .

Tessar, ah, I am actually rather waiting for you to break the spell on Vahatres. Would you mind doing another bit of magic before falling into Fimbren's sleep?
Old 06-29-2003, 03:02 AM   #79
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ahhhh no problem!

All in a day's work .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:33 AM   #80
Earniel

I'm leaving tomorrow on holiday so I won't be able to post for Imarwyn and Tareod for a whole month.