Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2003, 09:27 AM   #61
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

We know you've only joined recently, Indril. So we'll go easy on ya for now. However EG runs a tight ship here on the Nal and there are rules to be obeyed.

If you haven't done so yet I would seriously recommend that you read the drunken elf pirates thread entirely. It's not an RPG where you can just jump in without any knowledge of what happened before and how we usually play this game.

Just another brief reminder: Please do not make other characters look dumb to look better yourself. We may be drunken pirates but we're not drunken idiots. Well, most of the time we're not.

So welcome aboard, even if you're mostly in the brig now. But if you behave I'm sure the Captain will let you out sooner or later.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:56 PM   #62
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Okay. Am slow in doing this as am lazy, so sorry guys.

First: Sorry for confuseing everyone with the sudden introduction of Sarin, but I thought it'd be nice to have a bit more plot. Thanks to everyone who agreed to know him and all, and if you could continue with that it would be great!

Sorry to Willow for upsetting you over this. It seemed to be worked out though so I hope it can all get sorted.

To Eärniel: Ooh, thankee for re-introducing that part of old plot. I believe with the whole Zavron time we lost it all a little trying to make the story less plebeian!

***To the new people***
Welcome aboard, welcome to the crew.

I support Willow and Eärniel in saying you should all read the story.

Though the part with the character Zavron is mixed up and confusing, do take note of how we don't want the story to be told. We constantly asked for that particular character to toe the line, but he didn't. That character did confuse the story and tried to better his character at every turn.

Remember, all our characters have flaws and need the others. That's how it goes.

Have fun everyone.

And remember also, you all know who Sarin is.

Again, welcome aboard guys.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:59 PM   #63
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
And remember also, you all know who Sarin is.
Or are pretending we know who he is until we get a chance to pester Cap'n into telling us what's going on...
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:28 AM   #64
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Whoa...it's Maggie! I mean...new avatar! Cool pic, where's it from?

Anyway, yeah...until we know better...

Okay, I promise to post plot-stuff soooon! It's just I only seem to get the internet at night and by then I'm too tired to think of anything good!

E XK, I'll PM you...

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 11:44 AM   #65
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf

E XK, I'll PM you...
*slaps forehead* Doh! I knew i was meant to do something. I was supposed to PM you. Will go do that. Sorry twin. Am forgetful like that...bah!

Quote:
Or are pretending we know who he is
That too.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 06-16-2003, 07:55 PM   #66
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

It's a photo from Dracula. We got to keep the ones that were of us. The one in my avatar is from the trance scene where harker first comes in.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-16-2003, 09:47 PM   #67
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
If you haven't done so yet I would seriously recommend that you read the drunken elf pirates thread entirely. It's not an RPG where you can just jump in without any knowledge of what happened before and how we usually play this game.
No worries...I made sure to do so before joining...I'm the type of person who likes to get all the facts before joining anything, even if it's an RPG thread...
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 01:58 AM   #68
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Oran
It's a photo from Dracula. We got to keep the ones that were of us. The one in my avatar is from the trance scene where harker first comes in.
I thought it looked familiar...so that's where I'd seen it! I liked those pictures; they were cool.

Good girl, Idril.

So, E XK, where's my PM then? (It's okay...I understand...)

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-17-2003, 05:55 PM   #69
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Indril Anarion
No worries...I made sure to do so before joining...I'm the type of person who likes to get all the facts before joining anything, even if it's an RPG thread...
It's much appreciated.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:19 PM   #70
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Yeah...it took me two whole afternoons to get through the thing...but it was fun readin'...lol
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-01-2003, 05:52 AM   #71
Earniel

Same message here, I'm off for a month of holiday. Please keep this going and me in it. See you guys in August.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:45 PM   #72
Eruviel Greenleaf

Hey guys! I had an idea. Something partly to help us all keep up on the Quest, but more so because I think it would be fun and I want to do this.

I have a blog at Xanga, which is nice and free, and I was thinking I could keep record of all the major events of the Quest, just for fun, by opening another account and having a "ship's log." Every ship has a log, see, and that would just end up being fun reading too, methinks. That way we'd also have something people could read to see what's happened without going through the many pages here with the sloggy stuff like with Zavron.

So what do y'all think? Shall we do it? And what name should we have the account under? I mean, as Captain I would open the account and update it and all, but a name for the log and all. Ideas? Feedback? Stuffs?

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!

Last edited by Eruviel Greenleaf : 07-16-2003 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:10 AM   #73
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Considering the name of our darling ship...
How about the Nance-a-log?

Ooosh. Yeah, yeah, that was dumb. But I kinda like it...

Oh, and Maggie had an idea on where Nancing came from--get her to tell you, it's good.

Anyway--I love the idea, EG. Take my title or not, I don't care.

Looking forward to the b(ship's)log--
Tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 01:25 AM   #74
Eruviel Greenleaf

Okay, I'll do it! I think I'll just go for the Nancealot or something. Or Elf Pirates. Summin' like that. I won't start it for a few days, anyway. Um.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 07-17-2003, 02:42 PM   #75
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Fuzzy! Sounds good.

About the Nancing theory, Tano, Frannie and I were on a hike the other day and we were climbing and rocks and such by a river bank and I had the sudden thought that the leaping movements we were using to get from rock to rock felt a lot like nancing, so we discussed it and realized that the only times we see elves feet in the movie is when they be climbing things on mountainous thingys and that was why they were walking funny. But then Tano pointed out that nancing uses a narrower stance than leaping from rock to rock does and we thought about it and realized that the reason for that was because the elves we see nancing are more used to leaping around on tree branches than rocks and tree braches require the feet to be kept close together and walking in a straight line and that's where nancing comes from. This all has absolutely nothing to do with the quest, we just thought it was interesting.

Cap'n I sent you a pm with the bats name, I will continue sub-plot as soon as you post.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 07-28-2003, 10:21 AM   #76
Elfmaster XK

I am copying the entire thread into Word to edit. But I wanted to check with you all first. Does anyone mind if I edit it?

I'm hopefully going to correct all the spelling and grammar and such, and then add a bit of narrative if I have time.

I won't delete any of it, but will try and resolve the bit in the middle that was messed up.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 07-28-2003, 10:44 AM   #77
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

I don't mind if it's edited....if my opinion really counts....anyways...the log idea sounds really cool.....and the name Nance-A-Log was pretty good....hehe....
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #78
Eruviel Greenleaf

I'm NOT calling it Nance-a-log. But I am making the log. Which might make the editing a bit superfluous, E XK, unless you did that and sent it to me so I could just put it up on the blog. Which would be immensely cool. Because I'm kinda busy nowadays.

Ow. Blech, the Cap'n is not a morning person and does not like having to get up this early for class, so she's going to meeble off the computer...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:35 PM   #79
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Sounds cool....and there's no need to eat me alive...just givin' me opinion...
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #80
Eruviel Greenleaf

But Idril! What else are we going to do when we run out of food?

(just kidding, i promise ye! the worst we'll ever do is deprivation of alcohol, marooning on islands (and no pistol this time!), keel-hauling, and flogging. and we've no reason to do any of this to you. )

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!