Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-05-2003, 08:47 PM   #61
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RĂ*an
*hopes SGH and Ruinel knock each other out so she can run off with Finrod *

We have a truce... but that is only b/c Finrod is (OMG, dare I say it...) fictional. *small tear streams down Ruinel's face, for facing bitter reality* Had Finrod been real, well... we'll just leave the rest to your imagination *gives RĂ*an a big nasty stare-down*.

I actually tried to put my B-Day in my profile screen as 1st age... it didn't take. I have the UT (great book). I've ordered Morgoth's Ring, War of the Jewels, and Peoples of ME. They should be arriving at my house within a few days and I'm anxious to read them. The first thing I will read is Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth. *gets all quivery inside thinking about Finrod*

Quote:
I always thought that FF was a wu**.
Maedhros... watch it mister!!!

Last edited by Ruinel : 03-05-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:16 PM   #62
RĂ­an
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
*gives RĂ*an a big nasty stare-down*
*hee hee*

I guess I better leave him to SGH, though, because I'm completely in awe of her vast admin powers (she can do things like edit my posts and make me appear to say mean things about Tuor )

After you've read the Athrabeth, you might want to bring up our thread on it. It was a very enjoyable discussion

*thinks "North away...." - SIGH!*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by RĂ­an : 03-05-2003 at 09:17 PM.
RĂ­an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:19 PM   #63
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RĂ*an

After you've read the Athrabeth, you might want to bring up our thread on it. It was a very enjoyable discussion

*thinks "North away...." - SIGH!* [/B]
I can't wait!
Old 03-05-2003, 11:14 PM   #64
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
I can't wait!
Oh, you will love it so much. You will see exactly what kind of guy Finrod really is in this. It will show you him in a much more magnified way than the Sil. Here, you will read his thoughts and feelings, and see his virtues. You will cry, and walk away in more awe of him than you ever had before. He is amazing in this work. And yes, when you are finished, go see the thread "Athrabeth Finrod Ah Andreth" It was a wonderful discussion.

Rian, I am actually glad to have some competition, but there is no hope for her in the end.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:32 AM   #65
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Rian, I am actually glad to have some competition, but there is no hope for her in the end.
Hope springs eternal.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:42 PM   #66
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
Maedhros, solamente eres celoso
Hehe. Lo que es la belleza de los Campos Eliseos.
Quote:
Here, you will read his thoughts and feelings, and see his virtues. You will cry, and walk away in more awe of him than you ever had before. He is amazing in this work.
Wow, you cried? I would hope that it was because of Andreth.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #67
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
Hehe. Lo que es la belleza de los Campos Eliseos.

Wow, you cried? I would hope that it was because of Andreth.
It was because of all three of them. Andreth's rejection, Aegnor's pain, and Finrod? I always had the impression that he suffered terribly over Aegnor's choice to not return, because I think Aegnor rejected Andreth by Finrod's advice.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-06-2003, 02:40 PM   #68
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
It was because of all three of them. Andreth's rejection, Aegnor's pain, and Finrod? I always had the impression that he suffered terribly over Aegnor's choice to not return, because I think Aegnor rejected Andreth by Finrod's advice.
If that is true, then I have zero respect for Finrod. To deny his brother a chance at happiness is pitiful. I have never been an FF fan but I always saw him as a good guy, I just don't see how could someone admire a person who does that. That is a failing in true love.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #69
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
because I think Aegnor rejected Andreth by Finrod's advice.
I don't think that is true. What make you think so?
Old 03-06-2003, 02:57 PM   #70
Artanis

And btw, what is "Campos Eliseos"?
Old 03-06-2003, 03:32 PM   #71
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
If that is true, then I have zero respect for Finrod. To deny his brother a chance at happiness is pitiful. I have never been an FF fan but I always saw him as a good guy, I just don't see how could someone admire a person who does that. That is a failing in true love.
Maedhros, Finrod was a good guy, but Finrod knew that such a union would be terrible. He said, brief it would be, and hard to the end. But, even if it was his advice to Aegnor, Aegnor's choice was his own. You can not hold his choice against Finrod. Aegnor was a big boy, not a baby.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #72
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
I don't think that is true. What make you think so?
Well, why would Finrod state how marriage between these two kindred would be brief and hard to the end, and that the least cruelest fate would be that death should soon end it, to Andreth, and not say it to Aegnor? He obviously had spoke to Aegnor about this possible union, and he tells Andreth that love and loyalty hold him to his kin.

Btw folks, I think we are a tad bit off topic.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-06-2003, 03:45 PM   #73
Artanis

OK I just read your reply to Maedhros. It seems that I was reading your post wrong, I thought you meant Finrod persuaded Aegnor.

Yes, we are OT
*jumps to Athrabeth thread*
Old 03-06-2003, 06:59 PM   #74
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
but Finrod knew that such a union would be terrible. He said, brief it would be, and hard to the end.
So. I believe that the few small moments of pure love would detter and eterny of despair, but that is just me. I see it as a failing of love.
Quote:
You can not hold his choice against Finrod.
I cannot hold his choice, but I can hold his intentions, that the great FF didn't thought that his brother didn't have enough love for her.
As a noun American is:

1. The United States.

Old 03-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #75
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
So. I believe that the few small moments of pure love would detter and eterny of despair, but that is just me. I see it as a failing of love.

I cannot hold his choice, but I can hold his intentions, that the great FF didn't thought that his brother didn't have enough love for her.
Where did it ever say that Finrod didn't think that his brother had enough love for her?

Quote:
Adaneth, I tell thee, Aikanur the Sharp Flame loved thee. For thy sake now, he will never take the hand of any bride of his own kindred, but live alone to the end, remembering the morning in the hills of Dorthonion.
Also, we should discuss this in the "Athrabeth" thread in the Middle-earth forum. This thread is about Finrod and Amarie.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-06-2003, 08:19 PM   #76
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Dude... what up with "What is the beauty of the Eliseos Fields". What do you mean?
Old 03-06-2003, 08:23 PM   #77
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Dude... what up with "What is the beauty of the Eliseos Fields". What do you mean?
Um, what?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-06-2003, 08:24 PM   #78
Ruinel
Banned

*Ruinel is lost in this conversation, but thinks Maedhros needs a kick in the pants for not being completely on Finrod's side on everything!!!*
Old 03-06-2003, 08:57 PM   #79
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Where you trying to comment on my quote SGH? Or were you laughing too hard to type?
Old 03-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #80
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
Where did it ever say that Finrod didn't think that his brother had enough love for her?
I posting about your comment:
Quote:
I always had the impression that he suffered terribly over Aegnor's choice to not return, because I think Aegnor rejected Andreth by Finrod's advice.
If the great FF did that, it is terribly sad.
Quote:
Also, we should discuss this in the "Athrabeth" thread in the Middle-earth forum. This thread is about Finrod and Amarie.
Not necessarily, if I imply from your post that Finrod advice to his brother was to refect Andreth, can it be that it had something to do with the fact that he didn't know true love in ME because Amarië left him in Aman. True failing of love.
Quote:
Ruinel is lost in this conversation, but thinks Maedhros needs a kick in the pants for not being completely on Finrod's side on everything
It's not my fault that Finrod is portrayed as an average elf, a goody two shoes.
As a noun American is:

1. The United States.