Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2003, 02:09 AM   #61
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: Ooh! Look! 490 posts!

Ic: Kalile looked around, and laughed. "The wind didn't tell me about you coming... ah well. It's good to see you!
Oh, and as you can see, I have become a full Wind-walker and have much greater power now. How is it with you?"
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 02:14 AM   #62
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

"alll is well with me. A few wounds, but they will in time heal. What brought you to rivendell, to be under patronage of lord Doooom'N'Gloom himself?" I didnt quite like the fatalistic veiw held by most elves, Kalile laughed.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 02:18 AM   #63
Kalile

"Well, you can hardly blame him; he's been alive for so long, and he's seen much death and destruction. He just doesn't think of the flower that grows out of the ashes of fire."
Kalile gave her friend a playful shove. "ANyway, he's half human, so why are you complaining?"
Old 07-07-2003, 09:39 AM   #64
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

Quote:
Rorin smiled at the lady buying his ale. "A jewel among women, that you are lass." he said. "Have another, free of charge." he offered with a smile.
Silme smiled to him. "Thank you." She said. "I needed a good ale. Many worries have been on my mind." She lifted her head to noise in the trees, there she saw to elves, one was unusualy tall for an elf, talking and enjoying their vew. I wonder what they are up to. She thought, Mostlikely two love-birds enjoying a romantic evening. She said to herself with a smile.

Jesus scares the "hell" out of people! He rocks!

http://linwe.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Silme*Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 10:01 AM   #65
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

OOC: A lot is happening!

IC: Dreran walked through the Hidden Valley as the voices of elves rang in her ears like so many songbirds. She wondered where Elrond was, but did not care at the moment to find out; she had just seen a dwarf selling ale.
"A pint, my good dwarf" she said walking over to him and handing him some coins. He smiled and handed her the ale.
"Thanks!"
"Hello!" She said, turning to the people beside her, also holding beers. "Nice day for a dwrven beer, eh?"
"Any day's a nice day for that." said Silme. Dreran laughed and took a drink.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #66
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

"My name is Silme." She said with a friendly smile. " What is yours?" She began to think good of this. Maybe she would come to use in my jurney. She said to herself.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:08 AM   #67
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Dreran smiled back and ordered another pint
"Dreran the Green. Its good to meet you, Silme." She looked up and saw the two people in the tree above them.
"Friends of yours?" she asked.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 07-07-2003, 10:16 AM   #68
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

"Love birds I suppose." She replied. "As much as I would love to talk to you, I really should retire for the night. I have quite the jurney tomarrow." She said. "Take care now!"Said Dreran as she turned away, and headed to Larien's chamber. "take care to you too!" She hastily cried out.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #69
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Aewionen walked up to the dwarf, "A pint for me Rorin," she said handing him the money. "I am Aewionen," she added seeing the look of question upon the Rorin's face, "I have seen you sell ale before and I got your name while listening to you talk. Sorry for eavesdropping but you were one of the first dwarves I had seen." Aewionen gave a smile, "How is the buisness?"
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:26 PM   #70
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

"Much better then I thought it would be," Rorin relpied. "Most elves prefer wine to dwarven beer. And what might a child of men be doing in Imladris, if you don't mind my asking."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 08:49 PM   #71
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

Silme had not slept well that night. Her jurney was on her mind. I can't do this alone. She said to herself. I need help. She desided to ask some locals from around here...

Old 07-07-2003, 08:57 PM   #72
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
OCC Oohh wow...much has happened. i hate being grounded!!

IC

As soon as Astarien heard the strange voices in the courtyard, she did an about-face and headed back from whence she had come. Again she was thankful for the delay. When she reached the courtyard, The youngest daughter of Imladris slipped between the trees and a cool stone wall to listen to the different conversations. All these visitors surprised her, although they shouldn't, Astarien reproved herself. Many elves and men alike have come to Rivendell, but it had been long since a dwarf had entered into the Hidden Valley. She slipped from her hiding place and approached the dwarf. "Good evening sir!" Astarien inclined her head. "My name is Astarien, and may I inquire after a small pint and your name?"
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 10:32 PM   #73
Kalile

Ooc: To all of you: I HEARD THAT!!!!

And I suppose that it is tomorrow now?

Ic: Listening to the conversation below, Kalile began to understand. Elrond must have brought the dwarf here to help people meet. This journey the young woman spoke of must be of crucial importance... she decided to stay up in the tree for a while longer, to see if she could glean any more information and extrapolate from there.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:33 PM   #74
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

It was sunrise, and Silme wanted to get an early start. "Larien, where would you recomend for me to look for people who are willing to go on a jurney?" She asked. "Why not ask those people whom you met last night?" She suggested. Silme took that to thought. I hope that Rorin's beer stand is still up. She said to herself. "You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a lady named Dreran the Green?" She asked. "I don't recall the name." Replied Larien. "But perhaps you could ask Elrond." "Elrond?"She asked. "Whom is he? And where would I find him?" "Why, in the last homely horse of course!" Said Larien. Larien gave Silme the diresctions to his house.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:45 PM   #75
Kalile

Elrond knew what went on his valley, and sent Kalile to go fetch Silme. Now I KNOW that this journey is of great import. Elrond had warned her not to tell Silme that she was being awarded any 'favor' by seeing him right away, so Kalile had to be content with just thinking.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:13 PM   #76
Gulio, Strength of Many

"My name is Astarien, and may I inquire after a small pint and your name?" a young elf asked Rorin.

"My name is Rorin, and of course you may have a pint." he said as he sold another one of his beers. "This is the most I have seen of elves buying beer from me in a long time." he commented to no one in particular.

"Now Aewionen," he said, turning back to the young lady, "What might you be doing in this city of elves? You and I are a bit out of place here."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:55 AM   #77
Aewionen
Elf Lord

"Just getting out of my normal life ," Aewionen replied, "I haven't gotten out much."
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #78
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I stayed up in the tree with Kalile and eavesdropped on those below. "lovebirds? boy, they are a bit off!" Kalile and i snickered at that but went on listening. Soon Kalile had a summon from Mr.Gloom, i decided to follow her.

"But you werent summoned! what are you doing?" she asked laughing.

"well, i am not known for my passivness, so i think i will go anyway! you know i dont care about snooty elves or Half elves! I go where my friend leads!" So i followed her.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:29 PM   #79
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Dreran sat under a tree, bored. If she drank any more ales she'd blow up, so instead of going back to Rorin she decided *for lack of a better thing to do* to go visit Elrond.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:56 PM   #80
Gulio, Strength of Many

Rorin had sold enough beers to justify a break. He walked about a bit, nodding to the elves he passed. Sometimes they would nod back, but most of the time they just ignored him. He was used to that, and usually used it to his advantage. The extra hobbits weren't the only ones listening in on the council of Elrond. If only there had been one less and he could have gone...
Oh well.

Rorin walked around Imladris a bit more, examining the stonework. It was pretty good. He saw a few elves hurrying to where Elrond holds his coucils. Let's see if I can listen in on this one as well. he thought, and headed to the meeting room. He hid in his last spot, a rather good place. You would have to know exactly what you were looking for to find him there. He settled in and waited.