Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #761
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Enelya held her head, where a pounding headache was growing.

Enelya: Jack! Could you please keep it down? I haven't slept for two days and I'd appreciate a little quiet.

Jack: Why can't ye sleep now?

Enelya: glares I cannot imagine a person who could sleep through this racket.

Thinks of Eresse

Enelya: Then again
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.

Last edited by Lady Willow Rose : 09-15-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #762
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf: Now Jack hadn't turned out to be so bad after all. The Huorn found herself dancing around the dank enclosure which she had learned by now was called a brig. She was tolding hands with the persons on either side of her. The people in the brig were line dancing in a circle and singing.

The smell of cooking meat floated in through the brig window. The dancing had stopped briefly Oak Leaf watched as Jack picked a pebble off the floor of the brig and tossed it. She could hear it thud against something. She heard someone say 'owe' outside.

Just call me Oakie
Old 09-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #763
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Enelya crouched down in a corner of the brig, removed her glasses and closed her eyes with a determined air.

Oak Leaf rustled her leaves.

Enelya: I'm going to sleep

Oak Leaf rustled her leaves again.

Enelya: I don't care if it's noisy. I'm going to sleep.

Once more, Oak Leaf rustled her leaves.

Enelya: I am not acting strangely. I'm acting like a perfectly normal sleep-deprived half-elf.

Oak Leaf wondered for a moment if the two were mutually exclusive.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #764
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*It was a long day. Kor had to constantly run in between the several crews he had working in the ship, to make sure they wouldn't put a hole in the hull. He was tired and left Flannery in charge and dragged himself up to his quarters.*

Kor: *in an urgh mood* So much to bloody do....

*He opened his door and dropped his tools and thudded his head against the wall*

Kor: *frazzled* Augh, I am one man, not a crew! *He flops on his bed, temporarily forgetting there was a faerie there*

Willow: *involuntarily lets out a cry of pain at having her wings flopped upon and spazzes in an attempt to remove the weight*

Kor: *leaps off his bed feeling something squirm* Augh!!! *brandishes a hammer, just incase it was one of those monster bedbugs the rest of the crew claimed to find* Oh! It's you. Sorry, forgot you were there.

Willow: *moans in despair* No kidding... unless the Captain decided that squishing was a suitable punishment, which knowing this ship isn't entirely unfeasible.

Kor:*slumps against the wall* No...i'm just tired. I have to be four people at once. I just need some sleep is all. Need anything for the wings?

Willow: Anything for overworked muscles would be helpful. They aren't really designed for non-stop flights over water... I mean, it's possible, obviously, but not comfortable.

Kor: Here...*breaks out some herbs from his personal healers kit and dumps them into two cups of whiskey, one for himself and the other for his temporary bunk mate. (Though for Willow it was more like a large shot glass)*

Willow:*Downs the concoction in one gulp without flinching and sighs in relief as both the pain killer and the alcohol take effect* You know... I really wasn't fond of liquor before joining the Nal. *she blinks and Kor realizes that she is now thoroughly drugged* Is no' really good for us y'know? We're too small, can't hold it worth sh- *she collapses onto the bed midsentence, fast asleep.*

Kor:*alarmed* Cripes, I poisoned it! *rushes over and checks her pulse*

*Flannery walks in*

Kor: Flannery! What do you do with a drunken faerie? *somewhat alarmed, not sure what to do or how it will affect the out cold Willow*

Flannery:Presumably the same thing you do with a drunk elf pirate...

Kor: And what would that be. I gave her this much and a very small does of painkillers...*Shows Flannery the amount* I didn't think she'd flop like that.

Flannery: You gave her a drugged dose of whiskey? In a human sized shotglass? I don't think I've ever seen a Faerie drink that much in one go, she usually stuck to cider if I remember correctly... I don't think it'll kill her though. Just let her sleep it off and check the pulse every now and then. Long as she's breathing you're fine.

Kor: Oh..whew. Well, I handed it to her, and she didn't even pause. Threw it all down in a go, didn't tell me till after that she never drank. Then she flopped.... Grr...Oh well.

*Hangs up a hammock he made to fit her on the other side of the room and nods in approval of his work. He puts in spare blankets then puts the now snoring faerie into it and flops back into his bed. Flannery follow suit.*

Kor: The crews all working well?

Flannery: As well as can be expected. They got fairly far before I dismissed them to sleep.

Kor: Shouldn't you be up and about this time of night? You don't seem to be as nocturnal as expected.

Flannery: *looks embarrassed* Well... see... I'm really not. Granted, I would likely get a rather nasty sunburn if I spent too much time outside on a bright, shiney day, but daylight won't really turn me to dust. It's just something that people in this world expect, and since it makes them more comfortable to think that, I go along with it.

Kor: I expect the sunburns are more because you're a red-head...

Flannery: Of course. But nobody who knows that I'm a vampire ever assumes that. Really the main drawback is that I get anemic if I don't eat enough.

Kor: Good thing for me that you're a light eater.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 09-28-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:02 AM   #765
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
After hearing nothing from Jack, GIII ventured closer to the small opening in the hull.

"Hey, buddy, are you awake?" he whispered through the hole.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:26 AM   #766
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

EXK and Eärniel wandered through the ship towards the brig. The time had come to investigate what kind of riff-raff they'd picked up this time. They reach the door and EXK pulled out her ring of keys. From inside they could hear a lot of noise.

Eärniel: So what are the chances we'll be able to make a crew out of this rowdy lot?

XK: No idea mate. But we'll give it a go. We've made a crew out of a right unlikely bunch before.

Eärniel: Aye. We have.

XK: Actually, I've been meanin to mention for a while now...we lost Sicirus on that island. Unfortunate, aye...

Eärniel: Aye...a sad loss.

XK: Well how about we promot Koroush? He's useful, he's organised as a pirate can be...if we had a second mate again to help us delegate tasks, I think more would happen.

Eärniel: Agreed. Let's let him know tomorrow.

XK: Aye. Right, this lot then...

XK turns the key in the lock and swings the door open. It bangs against the wall, and the nearest brig dwellers turn around to stare.

Eärniel: Here we go then..

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #767
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Jack stood by the hole when EXK and Eärniel banged open the door the brig.
"Talk to you later, GIII." he whispered.

"Ok, mate." GIII whispered back and retreated to the ropeladder hanging from the gunwale and clambered up it to the deck.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:13 PM   #768
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf: The little Huorness was finally nodding off in the brig. Suddenly the door banged open causing her amber eyes to fly open. She looked toward the doorway to see XK and Earniel staring in the doorway. Her fluffy leafy head tilts to one side curiously.

Just call me Oakie
Old 09-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #769
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*Jack stopped amisdt throwing another (rather heavier) stone and the impish grin for the momment wandering off forlorn & forgotten ... he turned -

his eyes skittishly both glinted and razored searingly the scene in the brig ... alighting at last with a undeniable glint on the buxom pair, by the wide open and undeniably inviting open brig door ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-25-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:55 PM   #770
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

GIII saw that the workload on the crew was rather heavy so he lent a hand where he saw fit.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #771
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Enelya opened her eyes reluctantly but was glad she did when she saw the two authoritative (was that even a word? She supposed so. It sounded like a good one, either way) figures standing at the brig opening.*

Old 09-27-2006, 05:19 AM   #772
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Silence. Well, well...they were an easily scared lot it seemed. But things were not always what they seemed, and XK suspected a plot. XK walked into the brig, Eärniel following closely. Her boots clunked on the hard wood, and the keys jingled in her hands. She could see the prisoners eying the shiny bunch, hoping for a similarly shiny freedom...or something of the sort. Eärniel peered at the ruffians, her arms folded. Then she stopped, raising her eyebrow and grabbing XK's arm. She pointed. XK frowned, and nodded.

Eärniel: Eresse, what are you doing in here? I thought we told you and Rana to go out and search the island?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #773
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

*Somewhere on the island*

Rana: All we've seen is trees and strange looking plants. *glances at a tree* And none I reconize.

*Eresse frowns*

Eresse: I expected to at least find something.

Rana: Lets head back and let the Cap'n know there's nothing on this island 'cept us.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 PM   #774
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eresse nodded*

Eresse: Sounds like a good plan. *blinks* It feels like I forgot to tell the captain something. But what could it be...?

~~~~~~

Enelya: *blinks* Eresse? Oh, dear, I think there's been a misunderstanding. My name is Enelya. Eresse is my twin sister. We were separated at birth.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 AM   #775
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: Twins, eh? You don't say... Which one of you is the evil twin, then?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:18 AM   #776
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*Eärniel did not know that this was a bad, bad, bad question to ask*

Enelya: Evil? Evil is a complicated thing. It can be light and dark, hate and love, softness and harshness, chocolate and darker chocolate. Not to mention white chocolate, of course, which some believe to be the epitome of evil.

Eärniel: ....eh?

Enelya: Oh, evil is a tricky thing! It can take any shape, be your greatest desire! Or your darkest fear. Mayhap evil is the cold you caught the day before your wedding. Or it is the fungus just under your big toe's nail. Or...!

*Enelya proceeds to ramble on and on and on and on and on and on about the the complexities of evil until she was thoroughly exhausted. She collapsed, immediately entering into a dreamless sleep*

Old 09-29-2006, 03:23 AM   #777
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *raises eyebrow* Right. We won't be asking that question again. I see why Eresse went to such great lenghts to lock her twin up...
Old 09-29-2006, 05:06 AM   #778
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Jack had, at first, been taking notes on this discourse on the nature of Evil ... behind Enelya without her knowing the rammed brig had all sat down neatly in rows and were listening in rapt attention .... but after a while Jack had settled down to doodling ... he was by now snoozing with his feet up, and an innocent expression on his face ...

as was the rest of the brig ... t'was a sea of somnolent bodies strewn across the brig floor

* Eärniel looked round to find XK leaning, with barey half an eye open by the Brig door*

Eyebrows were raised.

For plot mystery the owner of these eyebrows shall remain a secret ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-29-2006 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #779
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Elendendil groaned, feeling his head throb. He looked around, trying to clear his mind and see everything clearing. He thought he could see some figures nearby, walking and talking...

Where...am...I...?

"I am Elendendil...High...King...of...Numenorianiorirrrr r......" he groaned.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 09-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #780
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

* in a freak chance of inter-rpg co-incidence ... a frying pan came down at speed and banged him one on the 'ed *

yet another mysterious eyebrow was raised...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-30-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Closed Thread