Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #721
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Earniel, would you like to post your talk with Rian now? I can always edit my last post, if needed.
I am not going to go into too much detail what RÃ*an and I discussed. To be honest I have no idea what to write that our eavesdropping Viv could see as valuable intel! So I'll leave it to the imagination for now. Besides I don't want to give the Nazgul too many inside juice on Eärniel, even if she doesn't even know in the game that someone is listening on her conversation with RÃ*an. This will keep matters more in balance.

I've decided not to let Eärniel spy on the nazgul for now. Besides, if she saw their intimate behaviour, she's sure to lose her balance on the window sill from sheer shock alone.

[EDIT: I now see your like-minded post on that matter, CS, so rest assured.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Is there anything I could edit for you?
Nice try.

Last edited by Earniel : 09-22-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:28 AM   #722
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I've decided not to let Eärniel spy on the nazgul for now. Besides, if she saw their intimate behaviour, she's sure to lose her balance on the window sill from sheer shock alone.
HAHAHA
So the Elves NEVER do THAT?

Wise decision, Earniel, IMHO. I think neither side should get any really revealing info at this early point.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 AM   #723
Earniel

Quote:
HAHAHA
So the Elves NEVER do THAT?
look at it this way: Isn't Five known as Lilly's BROTHER for now? The same Five that has his hand deep into Lilly's skirt at the moment? THAT Elves never do.

[EDIT: And for future reference/warning (not that I have yet seen infrictions) but nevertheless best to keep in mind: the Entmoot is a PG-13 rated forum. So remember to keep your posts acceptable for that.]

Last edited by Earniel : 09-22-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #724
CrazySquirrel

Re: PG-13

yes, I always keep that in mind, otherwise Lilly would have been far less discreet and much more interesting.

But I REALLY am at a loss, how far one can go under PG-13? I mean in general messages there are all those rather revealing threads "What is sex for you?" and Gays, lesbians etc" and so on. Is all that PG13?

Actually, I understand that one must not be GRAPHIC, but HOW far one can go?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #725
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Is there anything I could edit for you?
You could edit something for ME, Val!

Please, can you change the "fading moon" into "full moon" in your post #133?
Aiwendis needs full moon for her spell this very night!

Gor blows a kiss
Old 09-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #726
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Wait, guys, let's clear some things up here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
So 'Anybody' means Anybody does it?
I can see how you read this differently than I did - I took it to mean basically anyone connected with the Uni, and/or personal friends.
To me, the widow is a hilarious character (and one that is a good idea to have) but also a character that many of the rpg-characters would want to avoid, because she's the type of person that finds things out, and many rpg- characters don't want to be found-out-about, if you know what I mean!

Quote:
whatever they feel like, eh?
I think the issue here is NOT that you want the widow to go to the party - she's your character and you can write for her - the issue is that you wanted her to go to the party in a way that the rpg-Nazgul would NOT allow to happen. We can each control our own characters, but we can't ask other characters to act out-of-character, if that makes sense. So to me, the compromises that were proposed were very good and reasonable ones for all involved. Are there any that you could go with?

Now maybe you have something else in mind for the widow and it's just not getting across to us (all we have to go on is your posts about her, and the nose-twitching and all that says to me that she's a bit like a neighbor across the street that I used to have that I went to great lengths to avoid! ). To me, what's getting across is that she has a "nose for news", and no problem with sharing the news once it's obtained! Is that what you had in mind? Because if it is, I can see that she would have a reputation, and the Nazzies would be avoiding her if at all possible. So for her to come as a guest just doesn't seem to fit - but the other ways that were proposed seem to fit all the characters involved. Do you have any other suggestions, or do you like any of those? I don't want to lose that character; I think she's valuable to the rpg.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:08 PM   #727
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx, you all - and Rian, thanx 4 trying to help explain me. Anyway - now Marty and Ray are at the door, and if only Shah weren't ill because I'm kind of at a loss what to write for the two guys. Maybe Val could lend a hand? Valandil, you do excellent Marty & Ray. Oh, I dunno. It's too early for me to be up already. I just wanted to see our RPG before everyone leaves - almost all you guys are over-the-pond!
The posts look wonderful - Val, Rian, Earniel, CS, and Gordis. Oh - Grey Wolf, where ARE you? Chrys, are you joining us?
Butterbeer - have you gotten over it yet? I have. Let's play on!

I just put in a little story - I stopped at the part where Ray might tell Viv some helpful stuff about Tharbad. I am stuck, really stuck about what to have the two guys say. Anyway, Marty is in the dining room with the Nazgul, and they're all standing around chatting. Viv took Ray aside to chat in private for a few minutes, to put him at ease and pick his brain.

Valandil & Gordis, I suppose the two of you know most about Tharbad; I myself am grievously undereducated. Could you guys help me with Marty & Ray till Shah returns; we could baby-sit them together perhaps.
That's the way it was in the other RPG i was in; if someone was sick for a while, us others would baby-sit each others characters the best we could until the character's "owner" could return. In fact - Butterbeer, perhaps you could help Marty and Ray with some of their dialogue? You are really good at snappy dialogue; you'd make some cool Marty & Ray stuff for sure!

Oh - Lilly & the Nazgul men ( that sounds like a nouveau metal band, doesn't it - Lilly & the Nazgul Men ) will drift into the chandelier room soon, too, right?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-22-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #728
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I almost forgot - Valandil, a few pages back there you were wondering about the "connexions with their King" bit - I was going off something Butterbeer mentioned here in the discussion forum, about how Mrs W was highly connected, and knew everyone in Tharbad, and even had connexions with royalty & the King's house; I cannot find it at the moment but that reference is in here, somewhere. I was just trying to honour BB's suggestion, and give him a little credit for his character, and allow Mrs W an "in" into the Orrodel household I suppose, to play that end of it. If this reporter WASN'T connected, she'd never get in the front door again anyway, logically. If it is not the case, then whatever.

BTW, BB, I don't know how you're interpreting that Mrs W didn't get in the house the first time; she barged in, was NOT told to F off but was given a bit of harmless news to appease her, then was shown the door. Viv slammed the door after W had already exited, and was on her way away. Also, i do not see how she was looking in the windows; I din't read that anywhere. However, HAD she been peeking in the windows like a snoopy old bat, the Nazgul - or ANYone in their right mind, would have severely reproached her for conducting herself like that. Peeking in the windows?

Viv did not intentionally feed W false information; she told her what classes were on her mind at that minute that she wanted to sign up for. She hadn't even registered or been approved by the Arch-Chancellor yet.

What would YOU do if a strange, unannounced gossip-monger reporter suddenly showed up at YOUR door, and pushed her way in, and started checking out YOUR house and asking questions? Hmm.

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-22-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:34 PM   #729
Earniel

Quote:
But I REALLY am at a loss, how far one can go under PG-13?
Difficult to say. In my experience: as far as your own sense of judgement thinks it's acceptable and until you're told off my a moderator.

Quote:
I think neither side should get any really revealing info at this early point.
Well of course, it is tricky ground since we're not of equal power in this game. Also the Half-Elf and Elf had no reason not to be open about their conversation as they didn't know they were overheard. So if Viv plans to share that info with her undead companions the nazgul have just received a great deal of info on rpg-RÃ*an and rpg-Eärniel regarding their plans and history. Whereas the 'other team' has only vague information and ideas and far less skills to go on.

The nazgul have far-reaching abilities regarding invisibility, good hearing and mental capabilities which outstretch anything the non-nazguls characters can do. Frankly I wonder how it could have taken you so friggin' long already to track the One Ring.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #730
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Perhaps Viv only overheard the two women talking about their long-lost friendship; at's pretty innocuous. I can say Viv never heard them talking about whether or not to "spy" on the household; besides like you said spying and intentionally eavesdropping like that seems real out-of-character for classy types like rpg-Rian & rp-Earniel; I can't see either of them as the non-honourable type. Viv's not too ethically bound, being a sneaky thieving murderous Nazgul and all, but an Elf and half-elf like those two seem a lot less capable of nosiness like that. So, Viv won't have heard anything too damning; not yet anyway. It's still too early in the game, as you were saying.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #731
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

C-Squirrel, I really enjoyed that last post of yours! Viv arching her brows like that at the little 'swear-word" was perfectly in character for her; Penny glowering from across the table all miffed because he's not sitting next to his sweetheart - nice! I could easily picture that. And Marty's "What the hell is with that guy" cracked me up!

Old 09-22-2005, 04:37 PM   #732
CrazySquirrel

Thanx!
I will change my post about Vivvie overhearing the elves, letting her hear almost nothing.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #733
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Mens Agitat Molem (amer.mens)

Undoubtedly you are beeing drawn into the dreamworld of a split personality, in a multitude of bizarre assocative images.
The scenes of this video-tape the pictures exhange in a apparently chaotic sequence. It is the choice of working this way that does not make it easy for the viewer to follow. Soon one will discover there is no narrative, although it is suggested. An irritating factor for the average viewer spoiled by continuous logical stories. Here he will see the ground collapse underneath his feet. (text arist).
The actor moves in a memory of images where age, profession and/or activities are not arranged. The meetings in/with situations are full of symbolism (ascend a stir, run to an elevator to go up or dowwn, open a door from which the wind blows etc.). These situations seem to come out of a case filled with golddust . From the case, that stands for dragging along your memory, comes the recollection of the split mind.
This video confuses fantasy and reality and searches for a collision. The words stated be help reality and fantasy to collide as they are abstractions of what your own fantasy must complement:
integration + collaboration ; differentiation + flexibility ; multi-functional + utility; module + uni-location.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #734
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

what?
I'm guessing you're referring to Lotesse's siggy, but have no idea what you mean!

Anyway - glad to see you back; do you have time for a post? I'm going to try to get one in.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM   #735
Rían

Quote:
After all, what Rian has against her employers? Strange feelings, and the overheard conversation about Lilly wanting to marry Val. That's all.
You forget the dagger!

Quote:
It is a treachery to spy deliberately on one's employers. Rian has no reasons to do it yet, neither has Earniel.
Neither rpg-Rian nor RL-Rian would have any problem with spying on anyone if they thought it might let them avert some terrible deed. However, I need to remember that rpg-Rian doesn't know they're Nazgul - I need to re-think what she has seen.

Quote:
I hope, you will not take offence at my opinion.
No, not at all!

Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM   #736
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
do you have time for a post?
mind may move matter .. or even mountains ... but no.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #737
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
... besides like you said spying and intentionally eavesdropping like that seems real out-of-character for classy types like rpg-Rian & rp-Earniel; I can't see either of them as the non-honourable type.
I don't know about rpg-Earniel, but as I said, rpg-Rian would have no problem with spying if it was to avert some terrible deed. She would most definitely NOT spy from nosiness, but to avert some terrible action, she would. IMO, it's "classier" to spy than to not spy, in cases like that. Readers of the Lays of Beleriand will realize that there are some pretty high-up Elves and Humans that did this! ("Nereb" and "Dungalef" - aka Beren and Felagund).

I think where I went wrong was giving her too much suspicion too soon. I think it would be too much work to edit out the spying suggestion, since Earniel already commented on it, though. I think Earniel turned it down very nicely and naturally.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:07 PM   #738
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Mens Agitat Molem (amer.mens)

Undoubtedly you are beeing drawn into the dreamworld of a split personality, in a multitude of bizarre assocative images.
The scenes of this video-tape the pictures exhange in a apparently chaotic sequence. It is the choice of working this way that does not make it easy for the viewer to follow. Soon one will discover there is no narrative, although it is suggested. An irritating factor for the average viewer spoiled by continuous logical stories. Here he will see the ground collapse underneath his feet. (text arist).
The actor moves in a memory of images where age, profession and/or activities are not arranged. The meetings in/with situations are full of symbolism (ascend a stir, run to an elevator to go up or dowwn, open a door from which the wind blows etc.). These situations seem to come out of a case filled with golddust . From the case, that stands for dragging along your memory, comes the recollection of the split mind.
This video confuses fantasy and reality and searches for a collision. The words stated be help reality and fantasy to collide as they are abstractions of what your own fantasy must complement:
integration + collaboration ; differentiation + flexibility ; multi-functional + utility; module + uni-location.
LOL!! I am convinced that you are on drugs, BB.

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-22-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #739
Rían

Nice posts, everyone!

It's nice to know I'm good at dusting and table-setting!

Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #740
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Nice posts, everyone!

It's nice to know I'm good at dusting and table-setting!
Yes, it seems you are. But Lilly must remind you to hire servants tommorrow, and don't forget stable-boys!

Yes, I think you forgot that Rian has no knowledge that her employers are nazgul. She thinks them strange, impolite and too fierce. She would not be happy to have Lil as her Queen, but that's all!
Closed Thread