Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #621
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
But Sam hesitated and only slowly followed Frodo. And as if in a dream he saw The Giant Superspider dash out from a side-exit overtaking the jubilant Frodo.

But at the moment when his master would have needed him the most he was attacked from behind and felt slippery fingers close around his throat.

"Now, got you I have." a familiar voice said.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:44 PM   #622
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Sam twisted around, surprising Gollum with his strength, which came mostly of being hindered from saving his master, and Gollum's fingers came loose.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-28-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #623
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Surprised, Gollum ran back into the tunnel and Sam ran off to save his master.

But he was to late. Over Frodo hovered Shelob, the Superspider, enveloping him in the special genometallic spiderweb compound.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:26 AM   #624
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

pickle

"we're in a pickle here right enough" thought Sam ... suddenly thinking of a fresh ploughman's lunch and a cold pint at the Green dragon ... not for the last time ... likely

mmm Pickles .... must concentrate now .... nice bit o' cheese.... aahhhh i can taste that cold beer ..... concentrate .....
Old 06-29-2005, 10:41 AM   #625
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Ok. I really have to get my act together." murmured Sam.

And then he did what was quite possbly the bravest thing he'd ever done in his entire life.

He rushed over to confront Shelob who was about to drag off the heavily packaged Frodo for a late night snack.

"Hey, you, horrid mother of a spider. Come over here and I'll give you a piece of my mind." shouted Sam.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #626
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Pleased at the prospect of a nice snack of brain Shelob turned, but was surprised to feel a sharp jab in her stomach.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 06-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #627
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Rushing in underneath the Supermonsterspider's noxious belly, Sam had brought forth the sharp gardening scissors and thrust them up at the descending doughlike hide of the Spider.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #628
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

(double post)

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 06-29-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #629
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Piercing the Genetically enhanced spider straight into its Large Flatulent Organ Sam removed the scissors as a mighty rush of foul stench and ooze spilled forth upon his head immediately rendering him into a stupor.

The spider, relieved of its abdomen and intestinal ache that had put her into a 'grand-funk' in the first place several millennia ago, went off to find a knitting group and promptly forgot the whole "lets be ugly and eat everyone" business...

In later years Shelob became interested in politics and would run for a District Board seat....she won by staring down her opponents with her many-faceted eyes...

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:24 PM   #630
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Book 4.10: The Choices of Master Samwise

Sam, now drenched with filth and dizzy from the godawful stench, staggered around as if in a stupor until he spotted the packaged Frodo.

Sam was left alone. Wearily, as the evening of the Nameless Land fell upon the place of battle, he crawled back to his master.
"Master, dear master," he said, but Frodo did not speak. As he had run forward, eager, rejoicing to be free, Shelob with hideous speed had come behind and with one swift stroke had stung him in the neck. He lay now pale, and heard no voice. and did not move.
"Master, dear master! ' said Sam, and through a long silence waited. listening in vain.

Then as quickly as he could he cut away the binding cords and laid his head upon Frodo's breast and to his mouth, but no stir of life could he find, nor feel the faintest flutter of the heart. Often he chafed his master's hands and feet, and touched his brow, but all were cold.
"Frodo, Mr. Frodo! ' he called. "Don't leave me here alone! It's your Sam calling. Don't go where I can't follow! Wake up, Mr. Frodo! O wake up, Frodo, me dear, me dear. Wake up!"

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:01 PM   #631
Telcontar_Dunedain

'Come on Samwise Gamgee. Think. You've got to go on. You can come back for him after the quest is completed.
Me, complete the quest? No, that's Mr Frodo's job.
And this is why the Council gave him companions, to ensure the quest was completed.
Ok then. But I'm coming back afterwards.
Of course you are,' Sam thought to himself.
Just at that moment he heard voices of ORCers, quickly he took the package and torch and slipped into the shadows.
"'Ere fella's look a' this," called one of them. "Looks like 'ees dead."
"Naa. This fella aint dead. Just unconcess or 'awever you say. Ee'll wake up in few hours sick as a dawg," replied another.
'Damn,' thought Sam. 'Knew I should have checked his pulse.'
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 PM   #632
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

The Orcers took Master's body away with them ... Sam was heart broken ... was master Frodo alive or dead?

Confused ... bewlidered and suddenly feeling the intense pressure of the weight of the free people of the west AND the eye and weight of legal Mordor on his mind .....

Sam was momentarily confused ...
Old 06-30-2005, 08:04 AM   #633
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Then he opened the Package and the world turned dim, but he still saw the ORCers carrying in his master away to a huge condominium tower complex.

He followed them at a distance.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-30-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:44 AM   #634
Lenya
Elentári

As Sam approached the enormous tower complex, he came to a halt. Better have a look at the place before I enter, he thought, for he remembered what had happened back at the tunnel. Wouldn't want to run into something unexpected again, and besides, this place looked even more ominous...

Right in front of him Sam saw two unnaturally high totem poles. It was probably, with the exception of Shelob's eyes glittering in the light of their flashlight, the most hidious sight he had ever seen. The totem poles had these wierd faces that Sam couldn't put a name to, each in a different state of agony. To top it all off, on top of the poles there was a light that flashed with a malevolent red light. Sam had a nasty feeling that he would look as bad as the tortured faces if he tried to pass them.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #635
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

But there was nothing for it. He simply had to pass.
He ascended the stairs to the Gate and felt something akin to a forcefield which seemed to hinder him, but it yielded slowly and he finally got through.

The moment he was inside the Alarm went off.

NANG - NANG - NANG - NANG.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-30-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:49 PM   #636
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Sam, small hobbit of the Shire, wielder of the One ring, with the all powerful torch, and specially constructed capitalist blade (the orcer unioinist emblem of glowing chernoybl dread)

... dressed in the disguising reflective suits of Lothlorien TM .... sad and angry to the limit of his steadfast nature and endurance ... whose will and the power of the ring had forced him through the ancient indian totem's of chief 'ever-watchful' cut a dash and eminated power and shadowy threat to all who might sense him ....

Meanwhile Sauron was having a bath and back-rub in the tower of Bath-room delights.... while his legal eagle secretary miss Mcbeal was very cutely and charmingly singing a guest spot downtown in a bar with some famous Mordor Mobees ....

and somewhere the witch king,being merrily drunk ... laughed and smiled for the first time in many many years .....

Sam, all powerful shadowy Tark that he appeared, was thinking in his best 'elf-lord warrior way' that he wished he was back in the green dragon having a nice spot o' lunch ....

... back in shelob's lair a large, bearded, curly haired director kinda guy had just been sat on by a lethally poisonus leaking, very angry, Shelob!

*serves him right* thought the distressed and badly portrayed spider!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-30-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:58 AM   #637
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Somewhere off in the cold, dark corridor inside the Gates of the Cirith Ungol Tower, Sam heard the pressing a code to a door.

Dii Dii Daa Dau Dau echoed through the long corridor.

He rushed forward - but the fact that he still had the Package open had escaped his notice for the moment - and he didn't quite understand how far away that door was until he'd run at least a couple of hundred meters and that the sound of the code-punching was indeed further away than the World of the Package allowed for.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 07-04-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:37 PM   #638
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

He proceeded down the dark corridor, all the time hearing the ORCers through the dim world of the Package, thinking they were indeed closer than they were.

Then he heard the door close, he ran as fast he could and finally reached the code-locked door through which the ORCers had entered just a few a minutes ago, but it was locked and there was no door-handle only an opening at the top.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:08 AM   #639
Telcontar_Dunedain

Sam saw the opening and seeing it was his only way in sprinted getting rady for the jump, luckily he was Shire high Jump champion for four years running. He drew near and jumped as high as he could. But it was to high. As he bagan to arch his back his head hit the top of the rock and he fell, uncoincess(sp). Frodo was alive, but taken by the enemy.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:33 AM   #640
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

meanwhile elswhere in the wild north a company of wolves howled out a tribute salute to the grey moon.
Closed Thread